The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is xmasztime.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Camping and cooking...

Kenji was glad when they found the spot the others had mentioned seeing a ‘shimmering’ in the air but he was disappointed after hours of searching they found nothing. As they decided to camp he went to his pack which he had laid on the ground during their search and unbundled some wood he had picked up on the way up here just in case the mountain wound up being barren.

Using the wood he soon had a small fire going and began to draw out the remains of the food that he had cooked last night. There was probably enough left for everyone to eat this night; later he would bring out some of the salt cured venison and cook it so it would be available in the coming days if they couldn’t build a fire to cook it.

He heated up the meat over the fire and brought out the flatbread, spices and sauce and made himself a meal and left the others to tend to their own hunger when they saw fit. As he ate he turned and looked to the area where they had been searching and thought about their options.

“Perhaps this ’hidden doorway’ is something that can not be sought,” He said aloud voicing his thoughts then realizing he didn’t word that properly he continued, “what I mean is… maybe by looking for it you can not see it.”

He turned his head away from the wall of unblemished stone and looked at the others and shrugged. He wasn’t sure what he meant he only remembered what the ones who had seen the ’shimmering’ had said about it only being visible out of the corner of their eye.


Posted on 2008-05-08 at 23:42:25.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


To See or not to See is that the Question.

With everyone in agreement that trying to find the spot where both of the halflings Ulthok and Divot had seen some kind of shimmering out of the corner of their eyes the party began the difficult climb.
Once they reached what seemed to be the correct area an extensive search began. Each in their own way scoured the almost perfect rock face.

Ulthok decides to start the days search on the unblemished rock face itself. He wants to touch and feel every part of the rock he can so he sits down by his pack and for the first time in a long time, ( outside of when he does the same thing so he can bath and clean himself ) the Halfling removes his boots of striding and springing, and in their place he puts on his slippers of spider climbing.

Now starting at one side of the rock face he will move back and forth across the rock feeling with his very sensitive thieves hands for any thing that feels different than what surrounds it. Back and forth right to left and left to right he will do this as long as there is light to do so or until he has checked the whole face.

No matter which brings him down to the camp as he sits pondering the days fruitless efforts ( if that is what they are if his diligent work has produced nothing ) as he sits he is listening to the others as he does and when the newest member who is cooking at the time speaks as if he is really just thinking out loud “Perhaps this ’hidden doorway’ is something that can not be sought,” He stops for a second then continues, “what I mean is… maybe by looking for it you can not see it.” Ulthok watches him as he turned his head away from the wall of unblemished stone and looked at the others and shrugged. This however starts Ulthok to thinking. He knows that Divot and himself are the only two who have reported this shimmering and both of them had said that they saw it only out of the corner of they eye. Well maybe that was the clue he wasn't sure how one looked for something without actually looking for it but he thinks he will speak to the rest of the group elaborating on what Kenji had said.

While Kenji continued to prepare their dinner Ulthok as he has done so many times in the past calls to the group with his unmistakable high pitched squeak of a voice.
Fellow party members we have just spent the better part of a day in search for this door into this mountain. We have searched low and high we have search with elven abilities, with dwarven abilities, with everything we have and we have come up empty. Our new friend who is preparing our dinner said something a second ago that got me to thinking
He can't help but poke a little fun at himself so with a big smile on his face Now I know when I start thinking it can be dangerous he chuckles out loud
tehe he he but what he said kind of made sense. We know that the only sightings of this shimmer we are hoping is going to lead us to our door has only been sighted while not looking directly at it or for it but out of the corner of our eye as we have been looking away or turning our head. So this is what Kenji said that started me thinking
“Perhaps this ’hidden doorway’ is something that can not be sought,”
“what I mean is… maybe by looking for it you can not see it.”

Now I don't know how one goes about looking for something without actually looking for it but I do think that may be the key . So while we sit and eat what I am sure is going to be a wonderful meal we need to have a serious discussion on how we may go about not looking for this door when we proceed again in the morning.

So finished with what he had to say he will be first in line to sample Kenji's meal since he missed out yesterday. Helping himself to a good portion of food he plops himself down and digs into his meal with gusto.


Posted on 2008-05-13 at 14:06:50.
Edited on 2008-05-13 at 14:18:24 by Dragonmist

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Looking for OR not looking for a tree that is realy not a tree...

Conall’s leg was really bothering him after a long day on the mountain. No sign of an entrance way and now talk of another day upon this accursed mountain but looking for what they are really not looking for but the whole time looking for it? Conall’s head was now swimming and the frustration and pain began to get to him.

Conall from where he sat looked up at Ulthok “What? You want us all to stop looking for a doorway but at the same time walk around the mountain looking for a doorway that we are not really looking for.” Ulthok gave a simple nod almost unconsciously, as the words of Conall agreed with him. Seeing this simple reaction sent Conall over the edge so to speak. He stood up turned in the direction of the shimmering stone, 30 seconds lining up his path in the direction of the stones, “Ok we want to go over there?” he kept repeating. Once all was lined up and he made quite the spectacle of it all he then looked back over his shoulder at the rest of his worn out companions he proceeded to walk, talk and not look in the direction of his new path but back at his friends. Stumbling and talking the whole time, “Ok so we all most walk as if we were out in a field of flowers. We are to be walking on a path, but here in this place there is no path. For,” he stopped his feet and lift a finger skyward to make a point, “IF WE WERE,” he continues his movement back up the mountain, “upon a path our eyes would be turned down watching the path, but only a simpleton keeps one’s eyes upon a path that he knows will not move for it is he upon this path that moves. That is unless you count the single tree that is in that field of flowers.” His voice now mimics the voice of a wise old man who used to teach him in his younger years, “Yes the one tree that always seems to manage to jump upon the clear path and hit one upside the head. Much like the doorway we are looking for but now not looking for.”

As Conall made this final point, a smile upon his face he turned back toward his friends, “this, my friends is not a field but a mountain and there is neither tree nor a doorway for that matter but it seems we will be looking,” Conall paused and looked at Ulthok with a smile, “OR NOT looking for.” He took a deep breathe and now completely facing his friends plopped himself down upon a near by rock, “But that will have to wait for these legs will go no further today.” And with that Conall closed his eyes and sat still for some time.


Posted on 2008-05-13 at 21:06:09.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil sat on the ground next to Conall and started to take off the boot of his bad leg and work his pants up. From her bag she got out a liniment and began to rub the leg gently at first and then digging deeper into the spent muscles. The pungent smell of wintergreen filled the air.

"I have one suggestion for those that can fly. Fly around the mountain, but do not look at it, look across its outline. Maybe looking for the entrance from the side will reveal it."

"I would also suggest starting in the area where the shimmer was seen."

Cyniul continued to rub the bad leg and then she went good one, "It needs it too, doing extra work for you bad leg."


Posted on 2008-05-14 at 03:45:41.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Before releasing her companions Rayne for the night asked them to keep looking as they moved about for an opening into the mountain. Then Rayne, as was her way let her companions her companions to do what they wanted since the party has made a camp for the evening.

It had been a long day searching for the lost party members and the hours of detailed and diligent searching that had them no closer to the entrance into the mountain that Alethea sought. The problems is that even what she remembered hadn't help them focus their search on any one area. The mountain was large it was like searching for a "certain knothole in the forest. WIth so many trees and so many possible knotholes which one is the right one.

While Kenji prepared for making dinner Something she was quite happy to let him do after tasting what he had made yesterday, Rayne build a fire in a pit she dug and further build a mound of rocks and dirt to bank it from the view of most of the mountain. Just in case any there was someone up their looking down. and thusly draw unwanted attention to themsselves. Keeping a low profile will help their cuse better. They certainly did not have a great enough number to take on a large force of foes.

"You know Cynil it wasn't a bad idea of yours of turning into a bat and trying to find a bat cave. the more numerous the swarm the more likely there is a large cavern somewhere to shelter them." Rayne put forward.





Posted on 2008-05-14 at 22:02:35.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


The first step discovered

The party clearly having reached the place where both Divot and Ulthok had seen this shimmering proceeded to set camp and began a search only to come up empty.
As they pondered what to do, next Cor deciding that normal searching was getting them nowhere decided to call upon the aid of Odin.

With the spell of Augury memorized the night before he used it now. During this time Kenji who once again had assumed the role of cook voiced at first, what Connal thought was in jest, the thought that perhaps the door they sought was not to be found by actually looking for it. This thought was then quickly picked up by Ulthok who agreed with the Samurai but was unable to voice any way to look yet not look for the hidden door.

Then as if the thought had infected Cor the Dwarf stopped suddenly in his tracks and stood staring at nothing his eyes a glassy haze. Within moments Cor was back once more, turning to the party he spoke of Odin’s answer.

“Odin has told me Kenji has the right of it herein lies that which we seek, but to look for it is not to find it. How we do not look for the door yet still look for it was not revealed to me and in that we are on our own.”

Clear it was from the dwarf’s words that somehow a hidden door was here but how to find it still unknown. For now with night closing fast, all they could do was think on a way to look without looking.

(OOC: OK 10,000 Exp to YeOlde for guessing the first step so to speak to finding the hidden door. Good luck figuring out the rest. N.P.N.W)


Posted on 2008-05-15 at 04:43:49.
Edited on 2008-05-15 at 04:44:32 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Another guess....

Kenji had left the cooked venison strips warming by the fire with the flatbreads, spices, and sauce next to it for easy access. He had heated up the last of the venison he had cooked the previous night but it should be enough for everyone to get their fill tonight. Tomorrow night he would have to cook a another of the salted venison loins he had packed away.

The Samurai listened intently as the others partook of the simple meal and talked about his ‘thoughts’ on the matter.

” Our new friend who is preparing our dinner said something a second ago that got me to thinking” Ulthok said, “Perhaps this ’hidden doorway’ is something that can not be sought...maybe by looking for it you can not see it,” the Halfling quoted Kenji’s words.

Conall from where he sat looked up at Ulthok “What? You want us all to stop looking for a doorway but at the same time walk around the mountain looking for a doorway that we are not really looking for.”

As Conall continued speaking of fields and flowers and such, Kenji only smiled as he turned to gaze at the bare rock wall where they thought the entrance might be located. He took no offense at what sounded like condescension coming from the Paladin, he only considered it natural since he was new to the group and besides it did sound rather strange to him as well.

He hardly flinched at the mention of people flying or turning themselves into bats and other things, he was becoming accustomed to the strangeness of his companions. He was sure that they found many of his things strange as well, or would if he ever spoke to them about them. He was always reserved and in his homeland it was usually not welcome to speak of personal things to strangers or people you had just met.

Kenji remembered Rayne asking him the other night about his homeland, how he had been interrupted with the return of Cynil and how he had not later resumed their conversation. She probably thought him rather unfriendly by now, but it was more of unfamiliarity with these people and their ways that made him hold back on personal issues. He hoped in time that he would find the time and the forthcoming to be open as they were with him.

“Odin has told me Kenji has the right of it herein lies that which we seek, but to look for it is not to find it. How we do not look for the door yet still look for it was not revealed to me and in that we are on our own.” Cor suddenly spoke up turning to the group.
Kenji raised an eyebrow at the sudden statement and Cor’s proclamation that it came from his god. It seemed so strange and while he didn’t know these people’s gods, he didn’t disclaim their beliefs in any way.

Having finished his first ‘sandwich’ he walked back over to the fire and pulled out the short knife he used for slicing meat and sliced off more of the venison to make himself another ‘sandwich’. As he did his mind thought about how they could look for something without looking for it, and in the light of the fire he happened to catch his own reflection in the shiny side of his knife. Suddenly he stood up and looked at himself more closely in the mirrored surface of the blade.

“Maybe you look for it by using some kind of mirror,” the Samurai said turning to the others, “or something else which is shiny; that way you can look for it without looking ‘at’ it.” He turned to look at the others to see what they thought of the idea which suddenly came to him.

(OOC: Yay me! )



Posted on 2008-05-15 at 15:10:55.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne smilled as Kenji mentioned his thoughts son looking without looking. "That is good thinking. I thought the same thing as soon and Ulthok mentioned it. But I also ws thinking of other ways as well. Blind men use other senses, to "see" with; bats fly in the night in different way. We have more that eyes with which to sense the world, hearing touch, smell, perhaps it it those senses that will provide us with seeing without looking."

Rayne offered her suggestions after Kenji's in hopes some others could build on them as she had on Ulthok confirmation of Kenji first hint.

Rayne looking expectantly around the group. They had proven resourceful before with ideas and plans. Rayne's eyes came "back to Kenji remember they interrupted by Cynil's return and never continued and they never continued from that initial comment Kenji made of their being no Elves in his lands. She was still curios about that.

He was a quiet man though he shared his thoughts when they though they were important mostly he said nothing. Rayne hesitated to ask again but then she decided that if she did not he might not speak of it again.

"Kenji." rayn said waiting for him to respond to his name, You said there were no elves in your lands, Are the not even stories of my race or something like us?"


Posted on 2008-05-15 at 18:12:58.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Conversation continued...

Rayne smiled as Kenji mentioned his thoughts son looking without looking. "That is good thinking. I thought the same thing as soon and Ulthok mentioned it. But I also was thinking of other ways as well. Blind men use other senses, to "see" with; bats fly in the night in different way. We have more that eyes with which to sense the world, hearing touch, smell, perhaps it it those senses that will provide us with seeing without looking."
“Those are excellent ideas as well Lady Rayne,” Kenji says bowing his head slightly acknowledging her ideas, “we may have a full day ahead of us tomorrow attempting to judge which ones might be the right answer.”

He put away his knife after slicing up the last of the already cooked venison, which was still enough to feed the rest of the group this night. As he stowed his things, leaving the food out for anyone who wished it he heard Rayne call him and he turned to look at her again.

"Kenji." Rayne said waiting for him to respond to his name, “You said there were no elves in your lands, Are the not even stories of my race or something like us?"
The Samurai smiled and sat down cross legged on the ground in the no doubt strange fashion to which the party was probably already accustomed.

“There are stories.. Indeed,” he told her softly, keeping his voice at a normal level so as not to disturb the others that might be discussing their ideas for the continuation of the search tomorrow.

“Most of those stories come from travelers who went beyond the realm of our land and made their way here.” he said, “mostly these stories speak of strange beings who, though they were small in stature, they possessed wondrous powers of magic and great skill in battle. These stories are just one of the reasons I sought to come here to see the truth of such tales and behold the sights myself.”

His smile grew slightly as he continued, “I must say I thought those stories were just fables to tell children but I have found your kin to be quiet honorable in combat and very noble of spirit. I consider myself fortunate to have encountered several of your wonderful people.”



Posted on 2008-05-20 at 00:04:18.
Edited on 2008-05-20 at 00:06:39 by YeOlde

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


A plan for the morning

Conall sat and gave a slight grimace as Cynil removed his boot from his bad leg, “You will make a fine Shield Maiden if this life we have chosen never changes.” Conall watch the healing of the she elf and listen to the rest of the party as they spoke. “So Odin watches over us, I hope what we do does make him happy.”

The words of Rayne drifted on the air, “"You know Cynil it wasn't a bad idea of yours of turning into a bat and trying to find a bat cave. The more numerous the swarm the more likely there is a large cavern somewhere to shelter them."

Conall looked at Cynil, “Yes but I like you close and in true form when night falls.” Conall gave a smile and continued, “You are a strange one indeed, to choose a Paladin such as myself of no real true value. But one day Odin will lead my foot falls to the point where all this will make sense of itself. But for now I am happy to be on this rock with such fine people,” Conall then looked at Cynil deep and you beside me.”

“The mirror thing is nice but I think it is not that we do not look for it with our eyes or feel and smell as the Lady Rayne has said but that we look for it with our minds as well. I think we need to remove the search from our thoughts or at least form our direct thoughts. I think tomorrow I will not look for the doorway at all. I will spend the day making this wide spot on the mountain a proper camp site. If we are to stay on this mountain then we should at least have some sleep without rocks in our ribs.” Conall then paused and looked at Kenji, “But I think we need to do both. Some of us will look as you and the Lady Rayne has said. Others will be their eyes and ears as they search. But all of us must stay within ear shoot of one another and the more of the others that can be seen the better. But I spoke out of turn, Rayne please continue.”

Rayne and Kenji continue their conversation and Conall speaks softly, “No Elves, shame for they truly do not know what they miss.” Conall made a slight adjustment and leaned back to look at the stars that have started to dot the sky. His little display earlier put him away for the fire but not to fare away. He with drew his pipe and tobacco and before he even started to make it ready to smoke he looked at Cynil, “Do you mind if I smoke?”


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 00:56:11.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2206 Posts


looking without looking or perhaps looking in a new way

Cor never liked riddles and Odin had simply confirmed that their search was more or less a riddle. 'Look without looking, bah what next; hear without listening?" Cor sat and pondered and then came up with a plan of his own. In the morning while the others 'looked without looking' or search without searching' however they intended to do such things, Cor would be casting a new spell. Tonight he would renew the augury spell just in case but tomorrow he would cast true seeing and try "looking by looking closer" for no hidden door should withstand the scrutiney of a cleric searchikng with Odin's sight.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 01:39:52.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Cynil just smile up as Conall asks to smoke, nods and returns to her ministrations. As Conall lights up and begins to smoke, Cynil watches the smoke curl and twist in the mountain air.

"Smoke," she suddenly says loud enough for all to hear, "the opening we seek is to an underground lair and there has to be air movement around it. Using torched made of material that smokes might just reveal the movement of air from the entrance being different than the natural air movement."


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 02:18:20.
Edited on 2008-05-20 at 02:47:26 by Dragon Mistress

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


we will look and find

As Conall lights his pipe Cynil speaks…. Smoke," she suddenly says loud enough for all to hear, "the opening we seek is to an underground lair and there has to be air movement around it. Using torched made of material that smokes might just reveal the movement of air from the entrance being different than the natural air movement."

Conall sat up, “Yes, in the morning we will seek but tonight we will rest. In the morning you will go with brother Cor and seek the early morning smoke of the evening fires and I will set camp” he then looked at Cor as if to say, ‘I will make ready for what ever it is you will find.’


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 07:32:48.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Silence and Thought

Haila had listened carefully and she wondered for a long moment about how they would find something without looking for it. Ideas flooded her mind, and so did those of others. Her gaze flickered towards Divot for naught but a moment. A faint smile lined her lips as she thought back to a tale she had once heard.

"To find what you seek, without searching for it is hard. Perhaps if we simply camp here and forget that we are searching, that we will find it. Or perhaps if we think hard that we need somewhere to hide, it will appear. I have heard much on hidden places wishing to stay hidden, but if we can fool it, perhaps we have found our advantage."

The woman had voiced her ideas, but she didn't seem convinced they had found the right answer to the equation. She thought for a long while about everything. What they have already seen, what they know now because of the vision. Sitting down near where they had seen the flash, she closed her eyes and let her mind wander over the equation.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 16:28:01.

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7350 Posts


LMHAO (Laffin' My Halfing A$$ Off)

As Divot lounged by the fire, not far from Halia, and listened to the others puzzle over how to look for a thing without actually looking for it, he couldn’t help but chuckle as the conversation flew from one to the next. As serious as the topic was – because it was gravely important that they find the entrance to Drow Mountain – the solutions that everyone seemed to be coming up with would have likely sounded absolutely ridiculous to normal folk. They were all good thoughts and ideas, of course, and Divot was right pleased to be in the company of such wise and thoughtful folk, but he just couldn’t help but find the humor in the banter.

“To find what you seek, without searching for it is hard,” Halia said, “Perhaps if we simply camp here and forget that we are searching, that we will find it. Or perhaps if we think hard that we need somewhere to hide, it will appear. I have heard much on hidden places wishing to stay hidden, but if we can fool it, perhaps we have found our advantage.”

Divot, a huge smile on his face, looked up from sharpening his axe and winked at Halia; “Ye could be right, luv,” he snickered, “all of ye could fer what I can figger. What’s got me twiddlepated, though, is how’s come it seems that jus’ me an Ulthy’s been able to catch a peek at it and what’s tha’ mean?

Does only Halflings get ta even have a chance o’ findin’ the blinkin’ hole inna dirt or is it mebbe that we’s just s’posed ta be keys fer the fargin’ thing?” He shrugged, still grinning broadly, and looked from face to face before turning his eyes to the mountain for a long moment. “ever’bodies got their idees as ta how we might find this thing wi’out lookin’ fer it an’ I can’t say’s that I find fault wi’ any o’ what I’s heared so far… but damned if’n I can say which o’ th’ idees is th’ best one ta run with.”

When his gaze broke free of the mountain and returned to the group gathered around the campsite, Divot could only shrug and grin impishly. “Rassafrassin shimmerin mirror nondoor anyhoo,” he chortled, playfully nudging Halia, “Mebbe if we jus’ lights the fur-foots on fire an’ makes ‘em walks sideways up th’ blinkin’ mountain, an' don't look fer th’ bloody door, we'll just stumbles right thru it, eh?”

The scrappy little tunnelrat broke out into uncontrolled laughter at that point, practically doubling over at the image he’d just called up in his own mind – himself and Ulthy, blindfolded and smoking for all they were worth, sidestepping up the mountain with the others following along behind, doing their best not to look like they were looking for anything; “Follow me,” he laughed, “I don’ know where we’s goin’ but we’ll get there if we don’ look!”

((OOC: All right, couldn’t help myself there, folks… The conversation about how not to look for something you’re looking for just really tickled Divot and, since he’s really got no other ideas than what’s been suggested so far, ya get the li’l bugger tellin’ himself jokes… *shrugs*… Once he’s had his laughing fit, Divot’s more than happy to go along with whatever the consensus might be… but likes the smoke idea a really whole big bunch o’ lots… *nodnodnodnodditynodnod*))



Posted on 2008-05-20 at 17:17:12.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.