The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


a novel idea

Cor listened to Divot but didn;t really pay him much mind; that is until he talked about lighting himself on fire and walking around blindfolded. The image in his head was simply too funny to leave alone.

"Now there just be a fine use for a halfling if ever I heard one." He laughed as he spoke. "And if I keep casting healing on you the fire could burn for hours. Might be a might bit unpleasent to say the least, slowly roasting but at worst Kenji can make a fine sandwich out of you tomorrow night."


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 01:12:03.

Eol Fefalas
Witless Protection
RDI Staff
Karma: 443/28
7149 Posts


*snickerchucklesnortguffaw...wha-HUH?*

"Oy," Divot snorted in reply to Cor's additions to the rather humorous iamginings, "I were jus' foolin'! 'sides, ya don' wanna eat me, no how. I'm prob'ly all tough an' gamey an' such..."

Snickering, he points toeards his little brother; "Take a nibble on Ulthy, if ya wanna, though. He's all lean an' not so gristley... prob'ly a lot nicer ta look at onna plate, too."

Still chuckling, Divot winks once more at Halia, and then returns his attentions to honing the edge of his axe.


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 14:50:15.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


I hate lucky rolls

Having come to the realization that this was where the entrance into the mountain was hidden it was just a question of how to find it. With Idea’s from mirrors to spells, from flowers to burning feet and the humor brought forth from them, it was decided to await the next day to try them. However, as all things have the tendency to change so too did this plan.

Rayne was the one who caught sight of the described shimmering once again as she turned her head to speak to Kenji, but as fast as she returned her gaze to the wall the shimmering was gone. Her mind quick she turned her head slightly to look just out of the corner of one eye and there it was the shimmering shape of a door hidden behind a flowing square of magic, but no real idea of the doors make up. Was it steel, was it wood, or was it stone, as yet this information undetermined.

Her discovery relayed to the rest it was suddenly easy for all to see that which to this point had been hidden, yet still hidden in a sense, behind a shimmering wall of what both Ulthok and Haila could tell was powerful magic. When once again looked upon it full with both eyes the shimmering disappeared. The question now was how to dispel the magic clearly hiding the door and quite possibly protecting it.

(OOC: Ok I have been rolling random perception rolls for awhile now and have had a few hits in the case of Ulthok and Divot as far as turning heads and catching a corner eye glimpse. This last one Brianna got and due to the closeness of the door I then made an Int roll and scoring high she realized how to keep it in sight by using only one eye and only the corner of it. Ok it is at the moment turning to dusk but the shimmering is as bright as a street lamp.
Congrats you have found the outline of the door but not the actual door itself as that is of course behind the magic shimmering. Good role play and I loved the humor of the last week, had me and mom ROTFL, keep it up. N.P.N.W)


Posted on 2008-05-22 at 00:53:43.
Edited on 2008-05-22 at 05:13:32 by TannTalas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


After Brianna's discovery, Cynil stands to look at it and wonders at it making.

"I think we can forget the flaming Halfing for now." She smiles and looks to the youngest of the Halfling brothers, "Divot, did you ever think of having fiery red hair. It might be interesting. I know some herbals that will do the trick. That way some one might mistake you for an animate torch, you being the thin one an all that."

"But then some tend to like the plumb halflings," Cynil schools her face, looking to Ulthok and the Haila, something had gone on between them last night while they were away."

"I hope dinner will be soon I am famished, and then we magic users need to discuss how we are goint to get through the door. WIth the amount of magic displayed in this "Door" leads me to believe that there could be some very nasty detourants in place on the door, just in case it is found by an unwanted guest. Like us."


Posted on 2008-05-22 at 01:37:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


a door found; sort of

Cor followed Rayne'a gaze and once he had a good idea of the general location of the door, he began to cast true seeing. Moments later his vision was enhanced by Odin so he would be able to see things as they truly were. Such would not allow him to open the door or even dispell the magical veil but should give him a chance to get a glimpse of the real door behind the illusion.

Cor cast his spell and then glanced towards the area where they had seen the shimmering. Trying his best to look without looking while looking with enhanced sight, he looked out of the corner of his eye towards the area he believed the door to be.

If successful in finding an outline of the door he will cast dispel magic on the area.



Posted on 2008-05-22 at 04:10:31.
Edited on 2008-05-24 at 23:46:44 by Keeper of Dragons

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

With the door located, sort of the tension the party was under to find it had been listed. "Divot, my friend I do hope you do not mind me saying that. I think I have a new name for you We will just call you Torch." Rayne looks at the halfling square;y with a serious expression on her face. Yes, indeed. Torch it should be," then she laughs lightly, just because it was all said in jest.

OOC: My character's name in Trilogy is Rayne Unless you would like me to bring in my 6"4' Amazon from Peradyse Lost, whose name is Brianna. I really think Rayne is more useful in this campaign. Brianna has a tendency of not asking questions and settling everything with bow and arrow or her twin long sword Thunder and Lightning. Rayne please.

(DM OOC: You are correct my lady, and if ever Rayne should die Brianna would be more then welcome to join)


Posted on 2008-05-22 at 04:31:05.
Edited on 2008-05-22 at 05:12:39 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Roasted Halfings?

Kenji turned from speaking to Rayne about the stories of his homeland about her kin to listen to the others talk about some strange things; using smoke to find the entrance, not thinking about the cave and maybe it would appear, and even stranger still, lighting the Halflings on fire.

He turned back to Rayne to see if she had a reply to his tale and found her looking strangely out of the side eye towards the rock wall. When she announced that she could see the cave only by looking at it in that manner he raised and eyebrow and tried it himself. (Assuming all of them could see it this way)

“You have figured it out,” nodding and smiling at her, “it is a strange magic that accomplishes this feat.”

Kenji didn’t join in with the light jibing and laughter regarding lighting the Halfling on fire, he didn’t understand these actions and only shrugged thinking it was something native only to this land. Strange people indeed.

“Well,” the Samurai said, “it looks like tomorrow we will have a means to find the opening but we may still have some puzzles to solve.”


Posted on 2008-05-23 at 01:10:35.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Raiel

Rayne, played done her part in finding the trick of seeing the doorway. "I give credit wher credit is due. We all worked on figuring it out bit by bit we put the pieces of the puzzle together. Divot and ulthok, who first got a glimpse of it, Cor with his words of wisdom from Odin and just now it was happenstance for seeing what they saw out of the corner of my eye and putting it all together with what was said."

"We work well together as a team especially considering the diversity within out group. many shared abilities and each of with a few unique ones. Together we make an impressive whole, at least we have been able to get throught so far with minimum losses." She turns back to Kenji when things settle down a bit and others practice seeing the outline of the door.


"Please is you will continue with your tales of your homeland. It sounds very different from the ones I know though I imagine there is much in common in ordinaty things of life. I you are tires I will tell you about my people, we will share our knowledge and thus both be enriched."

When it is her turn she tells of the history of the elves of the sundering of elves into two groups. Those who follow the Demoness Lolth, the dark elves, and those who follow the light Corellon and the other elven Gods. She mention that they are not even considered adults until somewhere after their 100th birthday. Of the great elven forest and the integration of all things natural into their daily lives. IT is more a brief synopsis that a tale, or a scholarly dissertation.

"I see my becoming a Ranger and Cleric to Corellon and a continuation of such integration though on a more personal level. We rangers keep that balance in the woods and forest. Evil and monstrous creatures do not belong in the naturral scheme of things. As a Ranger it is my duty to protect not only people, but the natural flora and fauna as well.


Posted on 2008-05-23 at 01:44:40.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


curiosity

((OOC First of all it was Divot and Haila who wandered off together not Ulthok and Haila...secondly, I can't promise that this will be a good post because I'm sort of out of it in a way. Haven't slept well in a while!))

Haila would occasionally glance towards Divot, and always watch him as he spoke. She would blush ever so slightly when she would catch him winking in her direction. A smile would form on her lips, but not her normal smile, one that came from her heart. Her breathing would quicken yet remain unnoticed by the rest of the party members. During their search she would nudge him gently with her elbow if she could reach without making it dramatic.

Searching the mountain side where three of their members had spotted the glimpse of something shiny, she ran her hands along it gently. For a moment she wondered about knotching an arrow and shooting it randomly along where they saw the shimmering, but decided against it. Thoughts flooded her mind, and she wondered for a moment if perhaps the door would open if a battle were to take place nearby, to offer protection.

With thoughts racing through her mind the woman stood out of the way for naught but a moment and decided to just sit down her back against the mountain side. Raising her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them she buried her head in her arms and knees as her back was against the mountain side. Losing herself in thought she remained silent, even when they mentioned turning her lover into a torch.


Posted on 2008-05-24 at 16:40:19.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Mirror, mirror on the wall

OOC: I think what Tann meant in his post about Halia and Ulthok was that as Mages they could detect the powerful magic around the door not that it had been them who where out together the night before.

Bic: So now the location of the door had at least in some way been detected and under the right circumstances could be viewed, but now another problem needed to be over come because just seeing the door would not get them inside, they had to find away to get rid of the magic and make the door usable.

As Cor was trying to use his power of true seeing to try and find the true door behind the vision. Ulthok was coming up with another idea since you could not look directly at the area where the door was but could see it out of the corner of your eye which was one way of not looking directly at something, but Ulthok thought there might be another way to look at something without looking directly at it and that is by reflection. So Ulthok searches through his pack and gets out his silver mirror maybe this will do the trick he thinks to himself.

First picking out the area where the door was by viewing out of the corner of his eye, then once he has located where it seems the door should be the halfling turns his back on the area, then raising his silver mirror he attempts to view the door in the reflection in his mirror. If this works he will then work on figuring out if he could cast his dispel magic on the door by also reflecting the spell off his mirror and at the area where the door is located, but first he needs to know if he can see the door in the mirror.


Posted on 2008-05-25 at 11:11:17.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


The Door fully revealed at last

The placement of the door now a certainty the ways of how to reveal its true nature were once again many and talk lasted into the first true hours of night.
Coming to no real agreement as to what was needed to find it, Cor was the first of the party to actually act. Though night had fallen, the mountainside dark. When gazed at from the corner of ones eye the door was like a lamppost on a city street clear yet undefined.

The Cleric Knight’s first spell True Seeing cast he at once saw through the shimmering to find behind it a large metal door. Without hesitating, he cast his second spell of Dispel magic, once again looking from the corner of his eye, and as if a vale had been lifted there before the whole party now was a large single 10x8 feet metal door, Ulthoks idea of using a small mirror no longer needed to be tried.
A torch quickly brought forth by Divot showed the door to be bare of any writing or handle, a smooth door of steel, if in reality it was truly a door and not just a patch upon the mountains side.

So though the party found themselves successful in finding the door for which they had searched for, for two days the question now was how to open it.
Was it trapped, almost without question, no one in the party stupid enough to think otherwise. But how was it trapped, magic?, poison?, arrows or darts?, or something else entirely.

Even if the traps were removed successfully how were they to open it, seeing as there were no visible ways to grab a hold, the steel of the door flush with the stone of the mountain as if grown from it.
As if someone was testing them in a war of riddles each question answered just brought about another, the party still on the outside.

(OOC: Ok there is this weeks post and though the posts as always were good ones, there was no comic nature to them Oh Well maybe next week N.P.N.W see ya then.)


Posted on 2008-05-29 at 02:45:02.
Edited on 2008-05-29 at 02:49:47 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


Open without opening?

"Well, I wonder if we are supposed to try to open this door without opening it?" Cor laughed a bit as he spoke as the door before them showed no signs of a handle. "Anyone want to bet it is a push door?"



Posted on 2008-05-29 at 03:41:13.

Eol Fefalas
Witless Protection
RDI Staff
Karma: 443/28
7149 Posts


Push indeed...

"Aye," Divot chuckled, scrutinizing the featueless door under the torchlight, "ye wanna try an push it open, friend Cor, ye be m'guest. I'll be right behint ye... y'know, so's you can be the one what takes the brunt o' whate'er nastiness might come spittin' oot."

The humor of the "open it without trying to open it" statement tickled the halfling, of course, and it was difficult not to want to give the idea a try given the way they had eventually revealed the thing, but caution ruled in the tunnelrat's mind just at the moment. Even if they could have just walked right through the blank metal of the door simply by pretending it didn't exist, there was always the rsik of traps or worse being sprung with the party's passing. Divot turned his gaze to his brother... "What say, Ulthy-lad? C'n ye ferret out any traps in this bugger er is we bollocks fer gettin' by this thing at all?"

((OOC: Divot will check for traps as best he can himself, of course, but will defer to his brother's expertise in the matter... backpost as necessary to Ulthy's reply))

His eyes danced over the surface of the door, following the torchlight as he scrutinized each seam and seal, then, as if remembering suddenly that Halia had some access to magic as well, Divot turned his gaze in his lover's direction. "Halia-luv? Ye don' have a spell what might detect traps er boogens what might be waitin' onna other side o' this thing does ya, lass?"

((OOC2: Same as above... backposts to anything Halia might say/do re: traps... Divot's not gonna just go pushing on the thing no matter how tempting it might be or how eager he is to get inside this mountain...))


Posted on 2008-05-29 at 16:50:11.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil was chuckling at the banter.

"Maybe you have to pull instead of push. Probably the magic word to open it is Drow for close."

Cynil gather up her things and staff in hand she she stood to the side and waited. Going underground would not be pleasant for her. She would be cut off from the sky and nature itself. She knew she would be of little help down here, that bothered her.

She spend her time looking about and breathing in the freash cool mountain air and the scenets of the forest.



Posted on 2008-05-29 at 18:40:38.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


I'm going to bed

Cor smiled at Divot, "No my small friend, I have no intention of touching that door any time soon. I will defer to you and your brother for that honor. We each have certain 'skills' and this is certainly out of my realm of expertise. I made it visible, that is the best I can do." Cor tuned and walked a short distance, "Now I am going to get some sleep while the rest of you figure out how to open it." With that he broke out his bed roll and turned in for some well deserved shut eye.


Posted on 2008-05-30 at 01:19:21.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.