The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by SilentOne)Destiny's Flight
Spamvertize - Olan and saving cash... (posted by breebles)Olan and saving cash...
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne Explains--As best as Possible

Ah yes, there are those also in our part of the world that raise the dead to serve them but those poor dead creatures are the undead. They have only a semblance of life. They are not truly living anymore.

"What Cor did was call on our divinely granted powers to neutralize the poison that killed Divot and to call his should back to his body--back to full life. While I call on Corellon to send his soul back to his body now that it was healed. Anything less would be an anathema to Cor or me and all good folk."

"The Gods work through their clerics and other favored and chosen ones, to help mortals during their time here. By our prayers we accomplished many things. However, such prayers are not always granted. It is my belief that for some who die. their time has come. and for others they have things left to do. I am but a conduit for what Corellon grants to me as Cor is a conduit for what Odin grant to him."

"I have served Corellon long and faithfully with all my heart and soul, and I will continue to do my best to give aid and succor those in need and to further good. Divot is as deserving as any other. A bit Foolish and impetuous but of good heart and he meat well.

"Know that I understand you concerns about what you perceive as highly unusual events. I but ask that you keep an open mind and ask when you are troubled about what ever bothers you."

"I cannot imaging the world you came from and so I must understand how hard it is for you to understand ours.".

"Will you try to give us the benefit of your doubts?"

Rayne stood quietly close by while she let Kenji ponder her words. Her had proven to be a man of action strength and honor. She knew he needed to feel himself still in control of those aspects of his life even though the paradigm of his world had beem turned upside down apparently.


Posted on 2008-07-02 at 05:17:03.
Edited on 2008-07-02 at 05:20:37 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil's throat got all choked up, but when she could she knelt and reached over Divot and gave him a great hug. Tears welled up in her eyes and plopped down on his now pink cheeks. When she could get the words out they came out quickly.

"Don't---you ever do that again."

With that she went back a peered into the tunnel that Althena had revealed. A shudder went through her body. This was not place she wanted to go, away from the light and the natural world.


Posted on 2008-07-02 at 07:34:43.

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7348 Posts


Chitty-chitty-chat-chat

"You fool," Haila smiled at him and Divot knew for sure that he was alive, now. The fighter/mage wrapped him up in her arms, then, and admonished him even during the warm embrace; "Don't you dare do that to me again! I'd kill you again for making my heart nearly stop!"

“Oy, we can’ ‘ave tha’, can we,” he snickered, holding her close and kissing her again. Divot cradled Halia’s face in his small hands the smile on his lips, now, a bit less the reckless, roguish one that the party was familiar with and more one that had been painted with the realization that he did have quite a bit to live for, these days. “I’ll be sure ta mind me step from here on, luv. I din’t mean ta scare ye.”

“…It was fortunate that between Cor and I we had the spells to bring you back amongst the living,” Divot heard Rayne say, “I believe you have a debt to Odin and Corellon for their divine intervention on your behalf. Do not forget it when you have the time.”

"Divot lad, your brashness will truly kill you one of these days,” Cor added his own admonishment, causing Divot’s head to swivel between the elf lass and the dwarf as he tried to keep up with the chastising, “We can only bring ya back so many times you know. No doubt you will find yourself unable to recover as quickly now as your body was over-taxed. Boldness is fine but it must be tempered with reason. My actions cost Connel his leg and your cost your own life."

The scrappy little Halfling, it seemed, didn’t have much in the way of witty replies for these two. Instead, he hung his head a little – was it, perhaps, humility spawned by what they had done for him? – and nodded. “Aye, m’lady Rayne,” he said softly, offering a grateful smile, “I’ll be sure ta offer me thanks tae yer gods. Bless ‘em fer seein’ fit tae spare a wee bugger such’s Divot, eh? An’ bless ye, too, lass.

Cor, me good knight cleric,” he continued, meeting the dwarf’s stern eyed gaze, “Yer words an’ wisdom’re no less true’n they’ve ever been, o’ course. Per’aps ol’ Divot’ll be keener to ‘em, now, aye. Thank ye, m’friend.”

Somehow, he was surprised when Cynil saw fit to kneel down beside him and wrap him up in an embrace of her own. “Don’t,” her voice wavered and he felt her tears rain on his cheeks, “you ever do that again.”

He chuckled softly, returning the elf-woman’s hug and nodding a promise as he replied; “Seems tae be the gen’ral consensus, Cynil-lass,” he grinned, “Reckon I’s got’s me no choice, aye?” He squeezed her once more and smiled up at her as she released him and padded away to join Althenia by the now open door.

Divot wrapped an arm around his brother’s neck, then, and pulled the little sprout closer in a display of brotherly love and concern. “Wha’, Ulthy? Yer no’ gonna yell at me, too,” he chortled, mussing the younger Rydenham’s hair with a knuckle noogy. “Ye gots ever’ right tae do so, lad… Wha’ever ye do, though, don’ breathe a word o’ this ta Ma.”

The tunnelrat continued expressing his thanks to the remainder of the party and apologizing for his brashness that, as he thought more of it, probably had caused them all to lose a bit more time than might’ve been necessary. Kenji, though, throughout it all, seemed to have gone quite distant and, each time Divot’s eyes met those of the foreign warrior, it seemed that the samurai oozed discomfort, distrust, and maybe even a bit of fear, though he had said not a word to the Halfling.

“What?!” Divot finally demanded after having met the samurai’s disconcerted gaze a third time. “I done said I were sorra!”

((OOC: Just keepin’ on to be keepin’ on… ))



Posted on 2008-07-02 at 18:07:21.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Butterflies and Mice and Things Nice... wait...

“Oy, we can’ ‘ave tha’, can we,” he snickered, holding her close and kissing her again. Divot cradled Halia’s face in his small hands the smile on his lips, now, a bit less the reckless, roguish one that the party was familiar with and more one that had been painted with the realization that he did have quite a bit to live for, these days. “I’ll be sure ta mind me step from here on, luv. I din’t mean ta scare ye.”
Haila blushes a bit more, and nods, "That's good."

"Do butterflies taste any good? They move fast, like mice, and mice taste good..." Niamedris suddenly thinks aloud, evidently hungry as he nuzzles against Haila, demanding attention.

Absently, Haila pets the cat, running her hand across its back, and passing it a small piece of jerky.

"You might want to consider a diet; you're starting to eat quite often now." Haila playfully jests.

"Diet, me? Nah. I'm still growing, unlike you, my not-feline friend." Niamedris returns.

With an incredulous look on her face, Haila glares at the cat, "I am too still growing! Just what are you talking about?"
Licking his paws, Niamedris responds, "I can't see any difference anyway."
Haila rolls her eyes, murmuring under her breath, "Never get into an argument with a cat; they never change their minds."

“What?!” Divot finally demanded after having met the samurai’s disconcerted gaze a third time. “I done said I were sorra!”
Haila turns, seeing what the commotion is about. She looks towards Kenji, a worried expression on her face. That's right... where he came from, there wasn't much to do with magic, so this would be quite unnerving for him.

"What's wrong with someone waking up after sleeping?" Niamedris interjects, eavesthinking on Haila's thoughts.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to poke around my personal thought-space?!" Haila returns, irritated.

"Always once more than the last time." Niamedris says, yawning and stretching.

Shaking her head as though the motion could dislodge Niamedris from it, Haila walks over to a spot between Kenji and Divot, but not actually blocking the exchange between the two. She doesn't say anything, yet, but glances at Kenji carefully.


Posted on 2008-07-02 at 18:59:04.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Trust...

"Will you try to give us the benefit of your doubts?" Rayne stood quietly close by while she let Kenji ponder her words.
Kenji heard her words which seemed to ease his tension and she could visibly see him relax and look at her. He nodded solemnly to her and though he did not smile, something they had yet to see him do much, he seemed more at ease.

“You are right Lady Rayne,” he said softly, “none of you have truly given any cause for me to doubt your words or your intentions. I must learn to accept the things which to my eyes and ears are strange and unusual.”

“I apologize for my distrust,” he said as he bowed deeply to her regretting his earlier doubts. Kenji looked back towards Divot just in time to meet the Halfling’s gaze.

“What?!” Divot finally demanded after having met the samurai’s disconcerted gaze a third time. “I done said I were sorra!”
Kenji bowed deeply to the Halfling in a gesture of forgiveness and acceptance of what had transpired. Though he did have discomfort and even a flash of distrust, for which he was truly embarrassed, he felt no fear about the entire situation. Fear was something a Samurai did not feel. He would charge into a hopeless battle against all manner of beasts or demons and feel no fear; to him it was an unknown element and death a natural part of life.



Posted on 2008-07-03 at 00:19:42.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne saw Kenji relax most of the tension in his body. Kenji mien was still contemplative and he kept his emotions well in control. He reminded her of an elf in that regard. Many people though elves were cold and unfeeling when really what they did was control their emotions. and let reason function clearly.

“You are right Lady Rayne,” he said softly, “none of you have truly given any cause for me to doubt your words or your intentions. I must learn to accept the things which to my eyes and ears are strange and unusual.”

“I apologize for my distrust,” he said as he bowed deeply to her regretting his earlier doubts. Kenji looked back towards Divot just in time to meet the Halfling’s gaze.
he bowed deeply to the Halfling.

“Thank you for your trust.” Rayne replies. “Now, I think I will call in my troops and do some hunting for the party. A nice hot meal with some fresh meat would probably lifts their spirits some.

Rayne mentally calls for Arwen who was out and about but their telepathic link still kept them connected. She slips out a heavy pair of gauntlets while standing near Kenj1. Then she steps away, about a five foot step.

“Just a moment, Kenji,” Rayne says as she holds out one hand gracefully before Kenji. “Arwen in heading in and He needs room to land. The big eagle-owl comes swooping back to her. He announces himself with a hot and then swoops down. She holds out a slender arm to support the fierce eyed bird of prey Her heavy gauntlets protect her forearm from his wickedly sharp talons.

Arwen lands with a flourish of his broad wings which are virtually silent in flight and landing except for a slight whoosh. While he lands with care, Kenji can see him close his talons down firmly against Rayne’s gauntlet. Almost immediately her surveys his immediate surrounds and satisfied he ducks his head into her free hand for a good scratch.

Well my friend she asks (using the ring of Animal Communication) Did you see anything of interest. (After he communicates back to her) “Want to go hunting, my friend? I could use your sharp eyes to fill the pot tonight.”

“Whoo, Whooooot,” is what Kenji heard, but Rayne knew it meant yes.

Rayne turns to Kenji. "It would be better if two of us went together to hunt in such unfamiliar territory. Would you care to join me?"



Posted on 2008-07-03 at 01:42:30.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Feelings of relief

When Divot first opens his eyes Ulthok is right there holding the sprig that Cor had given him and watching down as they had preformed the ritual that brought the little halfling back to life. The relief that showed on Ulthoks face could nor be mistaken as he grabs his brother and gives him a bear hug. Then he lets everyone else in to do and say what ever they needed or wanted to say to Divot for his irrational actions which could in the long run hinder the whole party.

He was very surprised then when Althena almost right after all that had just happened with Divot did the same thing and placed her hand on the print in the door, luckily she did not receive the same fate as Divot and the door did open. However after all that had just happened Ulthok doesn't think it is the right time to just venture into the unknown, Spells have just been used that could be useful, (he doesn't want to say they where wasted since they brought his brother back but they may be needed)

He watches as Kenji it seems maybe comes to terms with what had happened and hopefully realizes that our magic is not that of demons and such and Divot is the same old being he was not some kind of zombie or something he heard several of the party try to explain to him about our ways and our use of magic. None of this really concerned Ulthok if Kenji could not come to terms with our ways then he should just move on is how Ulthok feels the party has enough on it's plate without having to worry that every time they decide to use some kind of magic this guy may not like what we are doing and suddenly turn on us.

When it was all said and done and everyone had come to terms with what had happened to Divot and now with the door open Ulthok goes back over to Divot and this time he grabs his brother by the front of his clothing and shakes him Okay big brother please tell me you have had enough excitement for at least a little while. Next time I will kill you myself you little fool. Then he pulls Divot into another bear hug and starts mussing up his hair with his knuckles and as he does he breaks out in laughter which is both because he is relieved that Divot is ok and because of the look on Divot's face at Ulthoks outburst.

As his laughter subsides you always where heavier than me but you never could take me in wrestling Ulthok taunts his brother. While he still has a grip on him he will attempt to bulldoze him over so he can get him on the ground.
OOC:use whatever charts and dice you need so Ulthok and Divot can have a little wrestling match. Ulthok will try to cheat whenever possible using his boots if possible.

BIC: Laughing again he will try to get Divot in the same light hearted mood he is in right now just because of the immense relief he feels that his brother is ok. However he will do whatever he can to use his only 38lbs against Divots 64lbs to get him on the ground and pin him there.
Now that Althena has the door open I need to pin you down and probably tie you up so we don't have to worry that you will go running off into the tunnel during the night once again laughing.


Posted on 2008-07-03 at 16:24:27.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Hunting...

“Thank you for your trust.” Rayne replies. “Now, I think I will call in my troops and do some hunting for the party. A nice hot meal with some fresh meat would probably lifts their spirits some.

Rayne mentally calls for Arwen who was out and about but their telepathic link still kept them connected. She slips out a heavy pair of gauntlets while standing near Kenji. Then she steps away, about a five foot step.

“Just a moment, Kenji,” Rayne says as she holds out one hand gracefully before Kenji. “Arwen in heading in and He needs room to land. The big eagle-owl comes swooping back to her. He announces himself with a hot and then swoops down. She holds out a slender arm to support the fierce eyed bird of prey Her heavy gauntlets protect her forearm from his wickedly sharp talons.

Arwen lands with a flourish of his broad wings which are virtually silent in flight and landing except for a slight whoosh. While he lands with care, Kenji can see him close his talons down firmly against Rayne’s gauntlet. Almost immediately her surveys his immediate surrounds and satisfied he ducks his head into her free hand for a good scratch.

“Whoo, Whooooot,” is what Kenji heard, but Rayne knew it meant yes.

Rayne turns to Kenji. "It would be better if two of us went together to hunt in such unfamiliar territory. Would you care to join me?"

Kenji watches as the big eagle-owl comes in to Rayne apparently at her call. He looks at the bird of prey approvingly and nods when she asks him to join the hunt.

“I would be honored to show myself useful once more,” he said then walked over to pack up his long Daikyu bow and quiver and rejoins her. One his way back he notices the look that others are giving him because of his distrust of their magic abilities. He is a warrior and never had much use for magic, it was only natural that he would distrust it and think it was in some way a sign of cowardice. A true warrior stands face to face with his enemy doing battle, not standing back letting magic do the work for you.

He rejoined Rayne and bowed his head slightly, “I look forward to seeing your marvelous animal in action. In my land some train hawks to hunt for them; they are indeed noble creatures and useful.”

As they walk off to hunt for food, he strings his bow and then notches an arrow but does not draw it; keeping it ready just in case. Once they are away from the encampment where the hidden door was found he turns to her as they walk.

“I believe my distrust of your people’s magic has damaged my … character and honor with your group.” Kenji says softly, “I fear others may distrust me when the time comes for battle.. I can not blame them if they did.”

“May be,” the samurai begins, “May be I should .. take a different path.. may be our ways are too different.. may be I should leave you now.”



Posted on 2008-07-03 at 18:28:49.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne's words of wisdom


Rayne turns to the rest of the party as Kenji joins her after picking up his bow.

"Kenji and I are going out hunting for some fresh meat and anything else eatable we can find. My advice is that no one enters that doorway until tomorrow when all our spells are back."

"Divot if you so much as look inside that doorway or get within twenty feet of it I will have Haila tie you up tighter than a trussed goose ready for the spit."

As they walk off to hunt for food, he strings his bow and then notches an arrow but does not draw it; keeping it ready just in case. Once they are away from the encampment where the hidden door was found he turns to her as they walk.

“I believe my distrust of your people’s magic has damaged my … character and honor with your group.” Kenji says softly, “I fear others may distrust me when the time comes for battle. I can not blame them if they did.”

“May be,” the samurai begins, “May be I should .. take a different path.. may be our ways are too different.. may be I should leave you now.”

"Never, how are we going to learn to tolerate other peoples fears," she give Kenji a smile. "Look we all have things that go against something we believe. Cynil, for instance, is dedicated to nature, going into a city is an anathema to her. Yet she learned to control her dislike of them because what we needed to do was in a city. She will hate going into the underground, and leaving her world of living things, the sun, and the wind, but she will go in because she can still be of some use to the group."

"You fear what you do not know, we all do, but as we learn about what we fear we lose the sense of unreasonable fear, Either the thing will no longer cause us fear, or we learn what it is and respect it for that reason."


Posted on 2008-07-05 at 05:41:33.
Edited on 2008-07-05 at 06:32:31 by Brianna

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


You can count on me!

"Divot if you so much as look inside that doorway or get within twenty feet of it I will have Haila tie you up tighter than a trussed goose ready for the spit."
Haila winks at Rayne, with a sly smile on her face, "Don't worry, I'll see to it."

Haila turns and also winks at Divot, her eyes twinkling mischieviously, "Do you hear that? Now I have permission to make sure you don't go in there anytime soon..."


Posted on 2008-07-05 at 07:05:46.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne turned to Kenjo woith a smile and chucked, "As if she needed my permission to do so."

All well Now is is time for quiet and concentration." The experience Ranger moved off into her natural enviornment. Forest and field. Her keen eyes looked for telltale signs of water ever animal needed water of the sort they were hunting.

Fish was an excellent source of meat and they like the sun warmed pools in the morning and evening and the cold depths in the heat of day unless the water were shelter by trees or rock. Other animals also came to water herd animals uch as mountain sheep, goats and deer that gazed on grasses near meadows and the forest edge. She also looked for rabbit tracks.

With Arwen sharp eyes ahead it made it easier for Rayne to be alerted to the presences of game. Arwen and she were a team.

Rayne was pleasantly surprised at how quietly Kenji moved in his unusal garb.

When Arwen cry out Rayne would slow up hpling up her hand to Kenji and then take extra cae to move in closer. IF she could find a sheep, goat, or deer it wolf provide plenty of meat for the group. She ws hope for a young bachelor group so as not to disrupt a breeding herd.

Creeping up into position she would survey the are waiting to see what Arwen had. If a suitable animal was found she would gesture to Kenji what one she had picked out. Nodding when he acknowledge he signal she notched an arrow holding a second in reserve for her next shot. and drew down on her target, taking the extra time to aim her shot. She didn't want to chase a wounded animal all over this mountain.

Her powerful bow arched back as she drew the string to her release point. her trained eye lining up the tip of the arrowhead to her target, at full draw as the arrow rested lightly on her bow rest ready to be release. She would release the string smoothing to deliver its deadly projectile towards the hand size spot just in the body behind the elbow of the foreleg planing on and hoping for a clean heart shot which should drop the critter fairly quickly.


Posted on 2008-07-05 at 17:52:09.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Making ready

Conall stood in silent prayer as he watched the unfolding of the death and then the magic and then the new member of the group from a far away land and the look of surprise and awe as the common events are new to him.

Rayna explained all to Kenji, he watched and with the words of Rayna helping some what he took all in. Divot and Haila made their feelings known to all and to one another as they said hellos that may have never ever happen again.

As things slow down and all seem to settle just a bit Conall stepped forward and took Divot’s hand, “Welcome back my friend.” He then stepped back so Divot could continue with his receiving of chastisation for his brash but some what honorable move. He gave a whisper to Cor, “It is not your action that cost me my leg old friend. It was meant to be. Why only Odin knows.”

Some set off to hunt for food and Conall found a spot to ready him self for what might be a long battle under ground. He made sure armor and weapon were clean and sharp. He also stopped by and looked in on Cor’s items and the state of his friend after the magic that was cast. Few words were past but Cor could see Conall was making ready and only was doing what he was trained to do from the day of his birth. Conall then found Cynil and also helped with her armor and weapons, though as it was with Cor it was with Cynil, very little help was needed in such maters for all here were warriors in their own right and such things were the difference between life and death.


Posted on 2008-07-05 at 20:32:13.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The hunt.. and conversation...

“May be,” the samurai begins, “May be I should .. take a different path.. may be our ways are too different.. may be I should leave you now.”

"Never, how are we going to learn to tolerate other peoples fears," she give Kenji a smile. "Look we all have things that go against something we believe. Cynil, for instance, is dedicated to nature, going into a city is an anathema to her. Yet she learned to control her dislike of them because what we needed to do was in a city. She will hate going into the underground, and leaving her world of living things, the sun, and the wind, but she will go in because she can still be of some use to the group."

"You fear what you do not know, we all do, but as we learn about what we fear we lose the sense of unreasonable fear, Either the thing will no longer cause us fear, or we learn what it is and respect it for that reason."

Kenji listened to Rayne patiently though she would see him stiffen slightly as something she said seemed to cause him some little anger. When she finished he stopped and turned to face her, looking into her face but even though she would see some anger his manner was not threatening to her.

“Fear?” he began, “Fear is not something I feel. I do not fear your group or your strange ways. I would call it distrust of things that are strange, yes. Fear is not for a Samurai!”

He began walking again turning a stiff shoulder to her as they continued on to hunt. After she began walking again to catch up to him she could hear him sigh.

“Please forgive my anger,” the Samurai said to her as he kept his eyes open for game, “I know you meant no harm, but to me fear is a sign of cowardice and to think that I would fear something because I don’t trust it would impugn my honor.”

(Room for response)

When Arwen cry out Rayne would slow up hpling up her hand to Kenji and then take extra cae to move in closer. IF she could find a sheep, goat, or deer it wolf provide plenty of meat for the group. She ws hope for a young bachelor group so as not to disrupt a breeding herd.

Creeping up into position she would survey the are waiting to see what Arwen had. If a suitable animal was found she would gesture to Kenji what one she had picked out. Nodding when he acknowledge he signal she notched an arrow holding a second in reserve for her next shot. and drew down on her target, taking the extra time to aim her shot. She didn't want to chase a wounded animal all over this mountain.

Her powerful bow arched back as she drew the string to her release point. her trained eye lining up the tip of the arrowhead to her target, at full draw as the arrow rested lightly on her bow rest ready to be release. She would release the string smoothing to deliver its deadly projectile towards the hand size spot just in the body behind the elbow of the foreleg planing on and hoping for a clean heart shot which should drop the critter fairly quickly.

Kenji followed along and tried to remain as quiet as he could and he usually had success since he wore no armor and his swords did not make noise since they rested in wooden scabbards.

He was impressed by Rayne’s hunting skill and obeyed her signals to halt and he observed her as she chose a target and readied her bow. He stood ready but did not take aim himself, he decided that the kill would be hers and since he still had an entire dear’s worth of salted meat stored in his pack at the camp he didn’t have think they would be lucky enough to bring down two animals.

He stood ready though, his bow up and aiming down it at the same animal that she had chosen, if she missed, though he doubted it as her skill with the bow seemed superior to his own, he was ready to take the follow up shot just in case. He waited silently, bow half drawn waiting to see the result of her shot.




Posted on 2008-07-05 at 20:52:46.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


The Night Before the Day

With the door into the heart of the mountain finally open it was all any of the party could do to keep from going in, the worst of these being Divot himself. However, as he had just been brought forth from death the party knew that in his present state of weakness to travel into the darkness would be foolish.

Therefore, it was decided to rest and prepare for a morning entry and then with Rayne and Kenji’s hunting trek successful a good meal was had by all and nothing was left to waste. All knew that from the moment of entry into the mountains belly only those rations packed and gear carried with them would be all they had. Then the time came to ready each gear in the manner of class

The fighters Conall, Divot, Kenji and the lady Althena checked weapons, armor and any missile reloads carried. As Conall readied himself he could not help it but have his eyes drawn to the darkened entrance time after time. With his class given ability to detect all things evil he could feel it lurking within the mountain before them. Clear to the Paladin that with the opening of the door so too had their presence become known to that which lurked inside...

Cor, Rayne, and Cynil prayed for their spells, but to each somehow the spells gathered seemed a little harder to gain but in the end all were in place once more. Yet both Cor and Rayne could not help but feel a little off as if their connection to each god was a little bit less. With Cynil it was a feeling of somehow being a little out of touch with nature’s world.

In the same vain Ulthok and Haila poured over their spell books and memorized the spells thought needed, but a nagging minor tickle seemingly in the back of their minds, made concentration for a brief moment difficult.

With all preparations done, gear packed and ready, and with a standard guard rotation set, it was for all but for the one on first guard duty lights out and all seemed to fall asleep quickly. And in their sleep all but one did dream......

Then as if time had stopped it was morning once again and as it was the night before the passage before them stood open beckoning any brave enough to enter.

(OOC: OK good posting by everyone and I loved the interaction once again. Great to have you back Kyle was starting to worry and Reralae I must say I have been impressed by your posts and I have to ask you, did you at one time use the name Jinxsa here at the Inn??. Ok everyone check your Inn PM’s as I have sent you each a message. N.P.N.S.)


Posted on 2008-07-06 at 03:16:50.
Edited on 2008-07-06 at 03:42:00 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


a message from Odin; or something else?

Cor prayed to his god to grant him the spells required for the next morn. Somehow it seemed as if Odin was distant; could it be the open door was seeping a bit of evil already? Once finished praying, he unrolled his bedrool and tried to get some much needed rest.

As he slept a vision came into his mind. Odin himself spoke to him and told of a magnificent war-hammer that was Cor's for the taking as the avatar of Odin in this world.

Cor woke early and quietly re-roled his bedroll and then sat for a bit, watching the rising sun. As he did he pondered his dream. Such a gift was indeed a special thing; one almost unheard of amoung the followers of Odin. Could his god truely be that pleased with him? It bothered him that the cream was so very vivid and yet Odin had seemed detached and distant when he prayed for his spells. Was there something else at work here? He waited for Connel to wake and then approached him.

"A fine morning lad. Might I have a word with you about a most peculiar dream I had last night? I heard teh voice of Odin promising me a war-hammer; at least it seemed to be Odin. Do you believe our god would find great favor in me? I am a bit concerned it may not be as it seems."


Posted on 2008-07-06 at 13:21:13.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.