The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by TannTalas)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


1 little, 2 little, 6 little Hellhounds left

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

1, little, 2 ,little 6, little Hellhounds Left
Posted on 2/15/2005 at 5:43:01 AM (CST)

6 rounds of combat the party in danger still. One member down possibly dying, another captured and being carried away. Hellhounds and an Ettin dead things looking grim the adventurers fought on…

HALLWAY

Conall seeing the Ettin with Haila beneath its arm gave chase. The Ettin slower then the Paladin slowly lost ground. The branch to the south they both did pass and eastward did the Giant continue to run. The tunnel to the North quckly did it turn. Conall found himself only seconds behind. But the Giants knowledge of these tunnels better then that of the Paladin kept him ever so far out of reach...

But then before the Ettin a Door the Giant in no way slowed moving through it easily and fast. As Conall followed he heard the sound of a slamming door from inside the room...

Entering to find himself in a room very much the same as the first the party had entered he took it in in one swift glance. This circular room 40x40 having 3 doors other then the one the Paladin and Ettin before him had entered. One door directly in front of him to the North. One door to the East and the third door to the West.
Conall again was faced with 4 choices. 3 of them doors, the 4th to return to help the party in a battle as yet ongoing...

THE ROOM

Cor his leg broken still very much in pain but no give in his manner taunted the two Ettins who had just entered the room from a secret door. Hoping he was that one or both would head towards him to do battle.
He got his wish as the one to the left moved towards him in a full charge...

The Dwarf got the first attack his hammer large and in charge struck a resounding blow upon the Ettin but did not move the creature one step back. The Ettins two return blows also hit but with different results then Cor’s hammer. The Dwarf finding himself off his feet was physically thrown backwards 5 yards to find himself dazed and semi-conscious against the back wall under the Hellhound ledge...

Hawk seeing as there was no longer a threat to Alasdair’s rear and knowing that for him to stay on the steps would leave him out of the fight. Chose instead to move, sheathing his swords, for his longbow did he go. In position to fire only one shot he took it a Hellhound yet untouched on the ledge his goal.
A hit he did score yet breathe with its brethren it still did the Ranger and party in fire once more...

Alasdair once again alone on the stairs was glad of the Hellhound behind him's death. Calling a thank you to the Ranger Hawk he continued his attack up the stairs. His sword hit without fail yet again doing more damage to the Hellhound before him yet it still was not dead its return attack once again a miss...

Af’til saw the need in the Lady Dru of healing and with only one Hellhound yet on the floor capable of movement chose to do such.
His hands upon the Croc did he lay a Cure Serious did he cast. The healing flowing easily into the Bard/Druid or in this case the Croc made the Ranger/Cleric smile in Fatigued humor...

Cesair’s plan to use his Phantasmal force in the hallway was ruined but the Gnome as quick witted as ever redirected it to the 2 new Ettins one of which having engaged the Dwarf...

The second Ettin as with most Giants not very smart believed a Werewolf stood before him and attacked his first blow a miss his second on target and with that the Werewolf was gone leaving behind a very bewildered and for the moment a very confused Giant. It was then that the Dwarf Cor was flung into the wall beside Cesair by the second Ettins blows.
Cesair could tell for the rest of this round and the one after that the Dwarf would be too dazed and unable to fight...



The Lady Dru having been healed and feeling much better decided to retake her own form leaving her with only 1 remaining shape change for the rest of this day. Her hood up and hoping to remain hidden was dismayed that this was not to be as the Ranger/Cleric standing beside her,his hands yet aglow from his healing marked her quite well...

But for the moment it was okay as the first of the two Ettins had been distracted in his charge forward by Cesair’s phantom Werewolf. And the second was engaged in battle for the moment with the Dwarven Cleric...

Both Af‘til and Dru watched as Cor learned to fly without the aid of a winged horse...

Ulthok was fighting the last mobile Hellhound of the two yet on the rooms floor. The other one yet alive but with its back broke in no way a threat to any.
Ready with a quick spell that of Shocking Grasp he hoped to touch the hound on its next attack in this the Halfling secceeded. The Hellhound caught in Ulthoks arms shrieked and begin to convulse sending them both to the floor. Yet with an iron will did the Halfling keep his hands tight upon the hounds skin...

Ulthok lay on the floor in pain from the creatures claws as they clutched in spasms into the Halflings body, drawing from him yet more blood...

(OOC: OK next post Thursday.

CREATURE COUNT Rd 6
0 Hellhounds Dead
1 Crippled
4 Hurt
1 Unharmed
ETTINS(in Room)
1 Hurt
1 Unharmed)


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 21:58:35.
Edited on 2006-09-29 at 22:06:00 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


46

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

The hunt is hold.
Posted on 2/16/2005 at 2:50:03 AM (CST)

Conall stood in the room, no sign of the ettin or Haila. “Show yourself two headed beast of Surtur! Come forth and show yourself to me.” Conall knew he had neither the time to search for a path nor hold for a reply. “You have bought yourself some time but I will find you and I will kill you!”

Conall then turned and ran back down the hall to once he came from. ‘Back to Talia, perhaps there is still a chance to save her at least.’

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

That's the old pepper!!
Posted on 2/16/2005 at 11:44:16 AM (CST)



Cor was pleased to see that his taunt had indeed brought an Ettin to him. Normally teh dwarf would have had a major advantage against such an opponent. However, as he tried to attack he quickly realized that being on one leg shifted the odds. His trusted hammer did indeed smash his opponent, but the return blow from the ettin was truely a better effort.

Cor found himself lifted from his feet and slammed into the wall behind him. There were few words to describe the pain he felt. As he lay in a heap, he tried hard to figure out why the ettins suddenly seemed to each have a twin. He shook his head trying to clear the cowebs but it only made the dizzyness worse. "Sure, send the crippled dwarf away cause you are afraid of a fair fight." he called out to his foe. It was a rather feeble sounding taunt but a taunt non the less. Cor knew he was out of the fight and useless in his current condition. There was only one thing to do and Cor resigned himself to his task. He lifted his hammer and began his prayer. "Father Odin forgive my weakness. I have failed to stand before the enemy in single combat. Grant me a portion of your strength that I may redeem myself in your sight." The dwarf's mighty arms flexed and smashed his hammer squarely into his own face. A soft glow surrounded the dwarf as the healing spell worked its magic. Next round the ettins and hell hounds would have to deal with a very annoyed, very mad and sound dwarf. OOC: Cor has cast "heal" on himself

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Must make haste.
Posted on 2/16/2005 at 11:53:26 PM (CST)

As Conall made his way back down the hall to the rest of the party he could hear the words of Cor’s prayer flowing down the halls, “This is very bad indeed. Brother Cor call’s for father Odin to forgive and for strength.” being a man of Odin Conall could feel Odin’s power in the walls around him. “Cor is now casting?! The battle in the room has indeed taken a turn for the worst. An evil tide has befallen the party when it seems all actions we take go amiss. ” Conall quickens his pace back down the hall.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

Pin cushions and Q-tips
Posted on 2/17/2005 at 2:05:18 AM (CST)

From his vantage point on the stairs, the ranger could see just how the battle had turned. Torn between Alasdair facing three Hell hounds alone on the stairs and the Ettins reeking havoc on the floor below, and in the hall.

The faster he and Alasdair could drop these damn dogs, the faster they could turn the tide back in their favor.

"Well my friend Alasdair, I believe that there is no longer any time left with which to play with these puppies."

Hawk lets loose with another volley of arrows. Watching them as they find their mark. Watching as they turned the rear most Hell hound into a pin cushion.

"Our friends on the floor need our blades quickly, so let us end this game."

Hawk lets loose a second volley of arrows targeting the same hell hound hoping for it's quick death.

OOC- I believe this is the 2 attack round (correct me if I'm wrong), also if the hound fell after the first volley, I would have targeted the next hell hound forward with the second.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Burn Baby Burn
Posted on 2/18/2005 at 12:34:28 AM (CST)

Feeling some of her stregnth and prowess return as she was touched by Af'til with a healing spell she also returns to her normal self.Feeling that her performance in this battle so far was under par she opts for a new tactic.

Seeing Cor take the devastating blow from the Ettin and fly into the cornor she makes up her mind to target that one first.Reaching into her spell pouch she fishes out a small package with a small amount of sulfer in it.

With the sulfer in her hands she she performs the necessary motions and sayings and the Ettin that is moving towards Cor as the target she calls down her druid spell Flame Strike.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Past and Present Collide
Posted on 2/18/2005 at 3:05:56 AM (CST)

Casting his shocking grasp spell Ulthok stands ready for the hellhounds next attack hoping he can grab it and discharge the eletrical power now running through his hands.The large beast leaps at the halfling and he manages to grab it and wrap it in his arms.This turned out to be both a blessing and a curse.

Ulthok's spell is discharged into the vile beast yet as the eletricity pours through the hounds body it's convulsions are so strong that the hounds claws dig into his chest.The pain was intense and almost made the halfling let go.Calling on his own iron will to persevere Ulthok throws back his head and releives his pain through a blood curlding yell that leaps from his lips, as he grips the hound even tighter to his body hoping that will stop the animals legs from moving and causing more damsge.


These motions cause both him and the hound to tumble to the ground.Now with both of them on the ground and the beasts claws in his chest the two lie belly to belly.When the spell is finally fully discharged and the hound stops spasming it seems to yet still be alive.Face to face with the vile creature he looks into the eyes of the demon hound and feels like he is looking into the depths of hell itself.He knows this has been a long battle, he knows most all of his comrades have been injured, and he knows one might even be dead.This is when it always happens.


Memories, memories from his past, memories he tries to keep buried deep within himself, but whenever he finds himself in a epic struggle especially one where friends have been injured or worse killed it happens.The memories of the fatal day so long in his past but yet forever burned into his psyche.That day he lost his brother.He feels the adrenilan rush as the deeply buried rage begins to surface as the memories flood his mind so the rage floods his body.keep control Ulthok focus the pain and rage.Focus it upon your enemy don't let it control you, you control it.
He heres the words of his almost forgotten teacher drumming in his head.

Staring into the eyes of the hellhound his face now contorted with rage he screams at the beast."You vile spawn of the nine hells your cursed life upon this plane ends her and now." Reaching to his hip where he keeps his daggers he pulls one of them and being face to face with the hound he reaches as far down as he can and with all the stregnth he can muster he attempts to plunge the blade deep into the beasts belly and pulling forward and upward with all his might attempts to open the hounds guts and spill them on to the ground and himself.As he attempts to gut the animal in his rage he figures hell tit for tat the hellish thing has bitten me.Ulthok face to face with the hound clamps his teeth around the animals protruding nose and bites down as hard as he can.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:03:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Ettins and Hellhounds oh my oh my Rd7

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Ettins and Hellhounds oh my oh my!! Rd 7
Posted on 2/18/2005 at 5:37:29 AM (CST)

The Battle was going into its 7th round. All members hurt, 1 possibly dead and one taken captive the party once at 10 now down to 8. Who would be the next to fall...

HALLWAY

Conall seeing no point to chasing the Ettin down a door he knew not which turned to return to the party.
Mad as hell at losing both Haila and the Giant he vowed to find them both. One to save, one to kill. Knowing he would not reach the room till the next round he pushed his tired body harder yet still.
Hopefully he could still be of some help...

ROOM

The Dwarf Cor found himself dazed and confused his head full of visions with no place in reality. His body racked with pain from now many a broken bone.
Cor knowing without healing he would be of no further use in the battle cast the spell of Heal. At once he felt the pain recede, the broken bones mend, and his vision become clear. No longer crippled but fully healed he arose ready for combat yet again. With a taunt on his lips he moved towards the Ettin that had slammed him into the wall.
Next round would the Dwarf show the Giant just who was best...

The Ranger Hawk knew the battle needed to end soon as most of his fellow combatants were tired and hurt as he was himself.
Picking the Hellhound in front of the Cavalier he launched his two arrows.
True to the Ranger’s luck so far this battle both hit the hound hard. One in its side punching deep, the second a critical hit through its skull. Without a sound the Hellhound fell off the stairs dead...

The Lady Dru healed of all but 8 points of damage was tired of this battle. Seeing Cor flying through the air had pissed her off, a new tactic was called for.
The flowing sweet sound of her voice could be heard as she spoke the words of a spell. Instantly the Ettin who had attacked the dwarf was engulfed in flames. Screaming in pain it rushed towards the Bard/Druid who had caused it so much hurt.
Its first attack a wide miss, it’s second a hit but only barely. a bruise she would have but no damage had she this round taken...

Ulthok on the floor face to face with the last of the Hellhounds other then the 4(now 3) on the ledge, and the crippled hound yet still alive. Knowing in his mind the anger of memories past he would not allow this to happen again.
His dagger drawn a miss by him unlikely he stabbed deeply into the Hellhound’s side. A pouring of blood covered him from head to chest but he watched as the hound convulsed once and then died. Yet another enemy gone...

The second of the two Ettins no longer worried about the Werewolf attacked the closet of his enemies that being the Ranger Hawk.
The Ranger’s back to the Giant having just killed a hound he did not see the giant coming. His first indication of an enemy at his back were as two hammer blows drove him to the room’s floor.
The Ettin using a massive foot rolled Hawk over to face him growling at him in broken common.
"Die puny little Elf." Both its clubs raised it prepared to finish the Ranger off...

The battle for still another round under way two more Hellhounds dead, Hawk at the mercy of an Ettin. Would he be the next to fall or would he be saved after all. Round 8 was yet to be...

OOC: okay all next post Monday

CREATURE COUNT
2 Hellhounds Dead
2 Hellhounds Hurt
1 Hellhound Crippled
1 Hellhound unhurt.

1 Ettin hurt
1 Ettin untouched
TOTALS: 21 Hellhounds dead, 4 Alive. 1 Ettin dead, 1 Escaped, 2 Alive


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:05:26.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


47

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Fe, Fi, Foe, Fum i smell the blood of the Ettin
Posted on 2/18/2005 at 11:40:41 AM (CST)

OOC: as it seems my last post was not posted, I am sorry I didn’t check after I hit the button. I will start battling the ettin this round.

IC: As the wind rush pass my sweet laiden face, the imagine of two mighty swing flew pass me, striking my fellow companion Lady Dru which was only a foot away. As my hatred build in my heart, I mounted the ever-growing geyser of feeling/passion to power the waylay of attacks against the foul being that corrupt the every ground it stands on. With two smashing blows from my mace against the left knee of the giant, followed by a morning star strike to the hamstring I hope to see the giant collapse on the floor in pain or even death as I mangle his limb.


Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

Ettin's feet really stink!!!
Posted on 2/18/2005 at 2:07:43 PM (CST)

As Hawk hit the floor, he realized the gravity of his mistake. The Cavalier would have to fend for himself against the remaining 3 hounds. The ranger had a bigger problem at hand.

With less than his usual cat like grace and as much speed as the ranger could find left in his battered body, Hawk rolled himself towards and through the Ettins legs.

In an attempt to slow the giant down Hawk uses his bow as a staff, and he drives it upwards between the giants legs hard!

He didn't care about a clean fight now. His only thought, to get out of the path of the Ettins clubs, and how bad Ettin's feet smell.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Renewed
Posted on 2/19/2005 at 5:58:04 AM (CST)

Cor felt the power of Odin flow through his body. Heal was indded a poweful spell and broken bones knit together and bruises faded away. The dwarf stood as if the previous few mintes had never happened. Of course he also heard a voice in his head. "Fail not my servant. When the battle is done, penance is required." There was no mistaking the voice as he had heard it many times before, Odin himself spoke.

Cor saw the druid envelop an ettin in a curtain of fire and smiled at her inginity. He saw two more Hell Hounds breath their last. Then he saw Hawk attacked from behind, hammer to teh floor by an ettin. In that moment Cor picked his next foe. Willings himself forward with surprising speed (at least for a dwarf) he charged the ettin as it raised its club. From behind the dwarf attacked. In rapid succession his mighty hammer swung twice at the brute. He aimed for its knees, hoping to cripple it if not kill it. Although there was no outward sign of his mood, Cor funneled all his anger at being forced to waste time in battle by healing himself into his swings.

Jst before his swings he cried out, "For the glory of Odin and Dwarven War Clerics!!!" There was not but an eerie, single-minded focus on the task at hand showing on Cor's face.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Blast it to Hell
Posted on 2/21/2005 at 9:42:07 PM (CST)

Still in a foul mood As the hellhounds lifes' blood spills out over Ulthok and the floor he watches as Hawk is brought to the ground by two mighty swings of one of the Ettins clubs.Hawk was in trouble and needed help now.As he rises from the floor he calls upon his memory for a spell as he does Cor who now seems to be somewhat healed makes a move toward the giant that is hunkering over Hawk.He wants to do what he can but he also does not want to waste what might be needed latter.

So he watches to see if Cor can make it across to the giant that threatens Hawk or if he will be to slow, or can't get by the giant that had knocked him into the cornor.He knows he can't waste too much time for if he does Hawk may pay the price for his indecision.Ulthok estimates how far from the giant he is as well as how large the room they are in is.One thing he can tell is that the Ettin is taller than all of his friends.

OOC: I don't know if I can do this like this.I want to cast my spell at the Ettin by Hawk if Cor can't reach him or his blows don't cause it to buckle so it can't attack Hawk.If Cor does reach it and stop it I want to target the other Ettin instead.

BIC:
Getting out from his spell pouch the needed components for his spell Ulthok calculates out the distance from the giant he wants the spell to start at and how high off the floor he wants it to be.He would like the spell to end just a couple of feet beyond the giant if any gets past and wants the spell to be level and high enough off the floor so as not to hit anyone else even if there is some bouncing.So when the time looks right he cast a forked lighting bolt at one of the Ettins starting about 37ft. from the target and about 6&1/2 ft high to travel parallel to the floor.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Returning the favor.
Posted on 2/21/2005 at 10:07:59 PM (CST)

She watches as the piller of flame she called down closes around the giant she had targeted.Then she watches in horror as the second giant in two mighty blows puts Hawk to the ground.She can tell that he took so very critical damage and was in some real trouble.She knows what she must do and hopes she will be in time and that it will be enough.

Holding her mighty staff in hand she moves to be within range of the now downed ranger and with her staff reaches out to Hawk and employes the healing powers of the staff on him.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:08:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Hickory, dickory doc, Monsters ready to Rock Rd 8

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Hickory, dickory doc, Monsters ready to Rock Rd 8.
Posted on 2/22/2005 at 7:29:14 AM (CST)

THE ROOM

7 Rounds behind them an unknown number still ahead. Party members possibly no longer alive or in sight the enemy less in number. Victory for the party within sight...

Af’til standing beside Dru watched in disbelief as twin clubs missed her. The clubs belonging to a very large Ettin. In rage the Ranger/Cleric attacked. His Mace of Disruption a clean hit, the Morning star a clean miss. His hit was aimed at the Giants knee and though it hit hard it did not bring the Giant low...

It did however take its mind off of the Lady Dru and towards Af’til its clubs swinging again. Like the Rangers/Cleric’s attacks one club missed the second Hit. Af’til while staying on his feet felt a rib bone had surely been broken inside his chest. The pain was intense yet he stood firm not willing to leave the Lady Dru to face this beast alone...

Hawk was in deep trouble an Ettin above him, the Ranger very hurt and clearly in pain yet the fight still very much alive inside him. Moving as quickly as possible he managed to make one club miss and though the second hit it was a glancing blow only...

As the gray elf moved he attacked the Ettin in the one place he could reach, the monster's groin. As Hawk got to his feet behind the Giant he found himself clear as the Ettin had fallen to its knees clutching its vitals and screaming in pain. The Giant now open for attack from all...

The Dwarf Cor now fully healed and ready was moving towards the Ettin that had slammed him like a rag doll into the wall. But a quick glance showed him that the Ranger Hawk was in deep trouble.
Changing the direction of his charge he made it to the side of the Ettin as it fell to its knees.
His hammer in full swing the Giant an easy target two powerful hits, one to its head and the second to its side and the Ettin was bleeding...

Ulthok having killed the last of the floor bound Hellhounds was in pain but like Hawk was very much in this fight still. With a quick glance around the room to find where he was needed most, he found himself somewhat torn as to where to strike next...

To his left Hawk was in trouble and the Mage/Thief feared for him. But so too was Af’til standing toe to toe with the second Ettin the Ranger/Cleric clearly hurt as well. Where to turn.?? Then to Ulthok’s relief Cor was at Hawk’s side his hammer raining blows upon the Giant there. His choice now clear a spell upon the Halfling’s lips he did cast. True to his skill the Lighting Bolt appeared to the Ettin’s rear, hitting the back wall as hoped it rebounded into the Giant’s back...

The force of the bolt so strong it tore through the Ettin from back to front emerging from its chest. The bolt still not finished traveled on narrowly missing both Af’til and Ulthok himself before grounding out in the Hallways floor.

To Ulthok’s front he watched as with a scream of pain then a gurgle of blood the Ettin fell to the floor, a mass of burnt and fried flesh alive it was no longer...

The Lady Dru seeing that Hawk was surely close to death moved quickly to his side. As Cor proceeded to pummel the Giant now on its knee’s from the Ranger’s attack, the Bard/Druid using her Staff of Curing set it upon Hawks skin...

At once the power of the Staff flowed into the Ranger healing him and helping with the pain. Though nowhere fully healed, thanks to the Lady Dru he was now that much further away from death...

Of the 4 Hellhound’s yet alive only 3 were in any shape to attack, though of Animal Intelligence they had been trained well.
Finding themselves in a bad position on the ledge due the Cavalier they moved. Leaping from the ledge each Hellhound picked a target...

The first hound had picked Dru and wasted no time in its attack, its teeth a blur, a bite it scored the Lady Elf in pain...

The second Hellhound its target that of the Ranger Hawk found that it had misjudged its leap, as such it flew over the Ranger to land against the open secret door, dazed but for a moment only. Turning quickly it moved back into the fight...

The third and final hound having picked the Dwarf Cor was dead on target, landing full on him, its body heavy, it scored a hit with its claws and drove the Dwarf to the floor to pin him for its next attack...

Just like Ulthok before him Cor found himself wrestling with a hound...

THE HALLWAY

Conall was moving fast back to the rest of the party.
Knowing that to have chased the Ettin was possibly wrong, his code of ethics as a Paladin would have allowed him no less.
Haila was a member of this party and a valuable one at that. As he headed back to the room he made to himself a vow. He would not leave these magic built tunnels without her...

As he reached the Fallen body of Taila he feared the worst, quickly kneeling beside her he took her head into his hands and felt for any sign’s of life.
The human Ranger’s eyes covered in blood and bruised opened and Taila’s lips moved giving Conall a smile...

Then without any words and before Conall could aid her, she closed her eye’s and died..

The Paladin full of rage on the verge of going berserk, held his anger long enough to place her head gently to the ground. A kiss to her forehead and a softly worded prayer he rose to his feet his eye’s now the color of blood...

Not only had he not been able to save Haila but now her sister lay dead, dying as she had in his arms.
As Conall began his charge back into the room he announced his return at the top of his lung’s.
A Paladin in rage was he, let no one stand in his way...

OOC: ok good round for you guys your starting to think. Next post Thursday as norm.

CREATURE COUNT
2 Hellhounds Hurt
1 Hellhound Untouched
1 Hellhound Crippled

1 Ettin dead
1 Hurt

TOTALS: 21 Hellhounds Dead, 4 Alive...2 Ettins dead, 1 Alive


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:09:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


48

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

In the Center Ring... The Flying Elves
Posted on 2/22/2005 at 4:04:42 PM (CST)

The ranger had thought for sure that his days had come to an end. After hearing the giant fall to his knees, Hawk turned in time to see the ferocity of Cor's attack, and Lady Dru's approach to bring him some very well timed aid from her staff.

"My thanks to you both for surely if I had gone toe to smelly toe with that monstrousity, I would have fallen"

No sooner had the ranger spoken his words of gratitude, then 3 black blurs flew into their midst. The remaining Hell Hounds had come down to play.Brought back into close combat Hawk dropped his bow and drew his blades.

Seeing that Cor was now the one in serious trouble, with a Hell Hound pinning him to the floor and an Ettin right there ready to attack. The ranger knew the time had come to return the favor. Hawk raced to Cor and dove into the side of the Hellhound in an attempt to knock him off the prone dwarf, both his blades extended.

With three hounds and an Ettin still drawing breath, himself and his comrades bloodied and bruised. He thought to himself.."a quick kill would be nice."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Furious
Posted on 2/22/2005 at 10:39:36 PM (CST)

Mad at his inability to capitalize on Hawk's earlier assistance, Alasdair pondered his next move... though thankful for the brief pause, Alasdair quickly drinks his Potion of Healing and then readies for the continued action.

Seeing the Hellhounds leep from the ledge, he choose to follow suit and gave chase. Twas not like the noble cavalier to attack from behind, but he saw no other recourse.

"Hawk, my friend, ye can not play with the giants and puppies alone," cried Alasdair and he charged forward sword and shield raised high as he attacked the Ettin... again and again. "Ye shall not rise and hurt another," cried Alasdair as he entered the melee on the floor.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

We have lost what Valhalla has gained.
Posted on 2/23/2005 at 3:53:50 AM (CST)

Conall removed the blood-matted hair from Talia’s eyes, “Shh, save your energy. Conall is here now. I will do what I can until that smelly dwarf Cor gets here to lend a hand. Besides he said he would be here as soon as he was done showing off his butt to those hounds in the other room.” Conall forced a smile as he prepared to use us gift of healing…

Her blue eyes opened and Conall could see she was soon to travel to the halls of Valhalla. Conall could see the blood matted yellow hair suddenly become clean and flowing as if a warm breeze was blowing. He could feel it on his face and smell it in the air. The blue of her eyes glowed with the life of the sun on a warm summer day. “Go Talia, the Valkyr will guild you better than Conall ever did in this life. Go now and drink in the halls of Heroes.” Then Talia’s eyes fell shut never to look upon anything in this world again. Never before had Conall seen this side of war before, for now it was war! Conall would stand at the gates of Surtur’s great hall alone if need be to avenge the pain he felt today.

Gently Conall place Talia’s head to the ground. A prayer flowed from his lips to Odin asking that he take into his halls this one who fought so bravely on the field of battle agents a foe that was far beyond her skill in battle. It was during this prayer that Conall’s body used its powers of healing to heal itself. To this day Conall Glendower will never admit to using his powers of healing that day, but when one’s mind and body have been pushed to such limits stranger things have been said to happen.

Conall then rose to his feet and while doing so wiped the sweat and tears from his face and they did mix with the blood of Talia’s that was on his hands giving Conall an almost walking dead look. As a bolt of thunder went off somewhere in the back of Conall’s mind anger and rage took hold of Conall. The voice in the back of Conall’s mind was trying to get through but it was to late, Conall was to fare gone. The war between emotion and intellect was in full glory in the mind of Conall.

Conall turned and stepped into the room and his eyes fell upon the figure of the ettin. As if the very thunder of the heavens above flowed through his veins Conall reach up to his right shoulder took his axe and let it fly into the chest of the ettin that still stood in battle. His now empty hand fell on the hilt of his sword and as Conall now blinded with rage charged forward into battle after his axe while drawing up his sword. “The Lady Death calls for you and I am her messenger! Embrace Her! Servant of Surtur!”

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

What's the Cost ?
Posted on 2/25/2005 at 3:13:04 AM (CST)

After watching Cor take on the giant that had Hawk down Ulthok targeted the second one with his lighting bolt.Judging the distance and height to the best of his ability under the stress of the battle he let the devastating bolt fly .He had judged pretty well and the forked bolt bounces off the wall and slams directly into the Ettin with such force that it tears right through the giant and emerges from its’ chest almost striking both Ulthok and Af’til.The giant lies crumpled and smouldering on the floor. The smell of burnt flesh strong in the air.

Turning to see what was happening with the other giant he sees that Between Cor and Dru Hawk was now up. Then 3 dark shapes fly through the air one each hitting Dru, and Cor and one landing near the secret door.Then a sound coming from the hallway drew his attention and as he looked over that way he sees a sight that is forever burned in his memory.

He sees Conall rushing in from the hall sweat and blood both dripping from his face and a scream coming from his lips but it was the look in his eyes the look on his face that are burned into his memory. Conall’s face was twisted in a rage that caused every vessel and muscle in his face and neck to bulge it was a look of pure rage, but his eyes they where wide as they could be and focused on the figure of his rage, but to look into those eyes was to look into a place of pure despair, something had obviously happened that had thrown the Palladian into a mindless rage. As Conall went on with his ferocious attack Ulthok looks for his next move. He felt a strange desire to go out into the hallway to see what had happened what had sent Conall into this room in such a rage, he knew two of their party where absent from this fight but they must clean up in here then they can began to see what this battle had cost them, and he didn’t think they would like the cost. He sees Hawk helping Cor with the one hound, Dru engaged with a second, Conall attacking the Ettin so he with sword in hand goes after the one hound that had missed Hawk and landed by the door. He doesn’t try any stealth but with sword makes a frontal attack on the hound swinging his sword when within striking distance.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Use the Staff again
Posted on 2/25/2005 at 3:15:29 AM (CST)

After using the healing staff on Hawk drus attention was drawn away at first by the sudden appearence into this battle by Conall. He had been fighting out in the hall. Dru gets a sudden sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach at his suddenlly showing up in here without the two other ladies. Her mind starts to race as all kinds of different senerios start running through her mind, what had happened where were the girls had something really bad happened. As leader and the one who put them in the position they found themselves in she felt full responsability for each and every one of them.

She feels sick to her stomach but is not allowed to contemplate what might of happened not right now for as she does her attention not where it should be she is hit suddenly by a hound leaping from the ledge above. The pain brings her back to what she must do now and as the hound lands and turns to press its attack she is ready and with a mighty swing aims to bring the hard wooden staff down onto the hellhounds skull.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:11:54.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Hi Ho Hi Ho Round 9 Here we Go

Trilogy Master
Hi Ho Hi Ho Round 9 Here we Go
Posted on 2/25/2005 at 4:41:29 AM (CST)

8 Rounds over, a party recovering from the nearness of defeat. 1 member officially dead, a 2nd captured, but victory only a hair's breath away round 9 begins….

Hawk had survived with help by the lady Dru, Cor, and of his own quickness. But then to his dismay one of his benefactors was pounded to the ground. One of the few still living Hellhounds atop him...

No way was Hawk going to allow this Hellhound to kill the dwarf who had just saved him. Rushing forward swords in hand he plunged both blades deep into the hounds side. The hound defenseless entangled with Cor took full damage and already wounded proceeded to die without a sound. Yet its weight still pinned the dwarf down. The beast heavier in death then in life...

Alasdair seeing his foes leap to attack his friends below saw his time on the ledge was done. Following the Hellhounds with a leap of his own he found he had landed close to the Ettin...

Turning he at once attacked it while it was still on its knee’s his weapons both scoring hits more blood from it did flow. Yet almost inhumanly it made it to its feet. Unable to attack this round from its attempt to stand it was ready for the next...Would it get the chance...

The return of Conall was at first a quiet moment then a moment of sound as with much volume the rage inside him burst forth. Yelling a challenge to the Ettin now just up on its feet, his arm back, throwing axe speeding from the Paladin’s hand. a new home did it find landing in the center of the Giants chest. A critical hit did Conall score....

The Ettins eye’s were drawn to its chest gazing at the axe imbedded there as if not sure what it really was.
Then like the hound before it, its eye’s rolled up into its head and with a loud crashing sound it fell to the floor dead. A small measure of revenge did the Paladin feel...

Ulthok watched with a wide eyes as Conall charged back into the room rage commanding his whole body. The Halfling had never seen the Paladin this way before and knew something tragic had happened in the hall...

But with no time to dwell he attacked, his target the last undamaged Hellhound by the secret door. His sword drawn and aimed only to find he had missed by only a few meter’s the hound jumping back out of Ulthok’s range.
But at once it was back teeth and claws flying its mouth clamping upon his arm. But there was no pain the hounds bite stopped by the Halfling’s bracers, a lucky thing it was...

Both Thief/Mage and Hellhound stood face to face each waiting for the other one to move...

The Lady Dru yet again under attack by a Hellhound was not one to be afraid. The Staff of Curing the only weapon at hand she used it in a way not often done..She attacked..The Staff a thing of beauty it hit the hound squarely and forced it back on its heels. Having very little life left to it as the result of earlier damage it like its twin atop the Dwarf was unable to return an attack. The Lady Dru watched as its eyes closed and it died...

Round 8 over the party now for once firmly in control. 2 enemy Hellhounds left and the room and those beyond it would under the party‘s control...

OOC: okay guys and it seems our 1 lovely lady 1 Hellhound to go and the battle is over…..Or will it??
Next post Monday have a great Weekend...

CREATURE COUNT
1 Hellhound Unhurt
2 Hellhounds Dead
1 Crippled
1 Ettin Dead
0 Alive

TOTALS: 23 Hellhounds Dead, 2 Alive. 3 Ettins dead


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:14:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


49

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

All most done
Posted on 2/25/2005 at 5:35:22 AM (CST)



As the Ulthok cast his mighty spell, brilliant blues and phosphorous white lights explode right before me eye. So bright and magical these explosions it took everything I had to stop my natural reflex to turn away and lose track of my prey. At first I though “Ahh, I’m blind. That club must of hit me harder then a I though to cause me to see the lights the lead to the other side.” But as my vision cleared, I was assured that in fact it was the Ettin that saw the light and had to follow and not I for he was collapse on the blood splattered floor, gasping and cry out for his pitiful god to save him. But to his dismay the gapping hole that piece his heart only allow mumbling sound to escape his blood-filled mouths, allow no chance for his last pray to be completed. As I turn to face the next challenger, a massive shadow went flying overhead to smash into the solid floor with a booming thud, just beyond the door the Ettin came through. To my amazement the thing bounce back to it feet and sprint back in the fray of twirling blades and flying body parts. These creatures are more resilient and battle worthy that I thought. Even thou these creature are not natural to this plane, they are still creature. My heart sink with the though of having to put down such magnificent creature that has many good quality like heart of lion, the stamina of the ox, and the agility of a hummingbird floating effortlessly in the wind.

With my vision fully restored and body still intact I rush over and provide aid to Ulthok with my trusty mace, since it has been useful in helping to dispatch these beasts thusfar, in payment for his assistance with the Ettin.

As I swings left and right, I think to me self “If the hounds truly what to die, they will, for I can’t allow them to harm my companion any farther.”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A heavy hound
Posted on 2/25/2005 at 10:05:08 AM (CST)

Cor was angry indeed. In the past 4 rounds he had his leg broken, been knocked back thru the air, forced to cast healing spells in the midst of combat, pinned to the ground and lost an entire round of combat attempting to crawl out from beneath the dead weight on top of him. It seemed that Odin was indeed punishing him for resorting to healing spells during combat.

Even from his prone position he could see Connal enter the room and hurl his axe. There was anger, bordering on outright rage, on the paladin's face. Such looks are most often seen on the face of a Dwarven Beserker. "Hold yourself toghether lad" he thought to himself. "Tis often naught but rational thought that separates the living from the newly dead."

Cor crawled out from under the dead beast that lay on top of him and looked around, searching for a target. Seeing none but Hell Hounds standing, the mighty dwarf hurled his hammer at the closest one. Inwardly he was worried about what events occured in the hall that had pushed Connal to such a dangerous borderline between reality and rage.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Fox in the Hen House
Posted on 2/26/2005 at 1:32:10 AM (CST)

Conall had taken but two steps before his axe as if guided by Odin’s hand plunged deep with in the chest of the ettin. Then like a blood thirsty fox let to run wild in a chicken yard his head and eyes darted this way then that. Conall did not see or seem to not notice his comrades in arms. It was not like the were not there it was more like they were shades of what used to be in the back of his mind.

Conall’s eyes then fell upon his next victim. With now what appeared to be laughter, not the kind of laughter found in a drinking tavern filled with friends and family but that found on one that takes delight in seeing children tossed into pits of wild dogs to be fought over. Conall looked throw the shadows that were once his friends and charge the unhurt hellhound. “Beast of the under world, you are not of this place. Your master has fallen in battle and like him you WILL DIE…”

The Paladin Conall charged forward meaning to kill all beast and at the same time saving all those that were but a shadows to him now and in some way hoping to bring an end to the pain he was feeling.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Rage and battle lust subside
Posted on 2/26/2005 at 5:07:44 AM (CST)

Seeing that the creatures before them had been beaten, Alasdair moves quickly to strike the remaining hellhounds, one locked in combat with Ulthok and the other crippled on the floor. All the while, his eyes searching for his missing comrades and for other foul creatures.

With a quick slash to the throat, Alasdair releases the crippled hellhound from his suffering. "Ulthok me friend, shift left and make room for another to play with the puppy as well. Back to blackness of the Abyss she we send thee," indicating the remaining hellhound before them. With the sounds of battle greatly diminished, he warily keeps searching for more threats, hoping that non come, as his friends dearly need a break and a chance to heal.

"Master Hawk, ye are indeed as skilled with thy blades and ye are with thy bow. Both have been sorely needed this day," shouts Alasdair while attacking the hellhound before him.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

the party's over...
Posted on 2/27/2005 at 7:34:18 PM (CST)

Hawk brings his aching body to his feet. Looking around at the bodies of the fallen. He reclaims his fallen bow, as Alasdair and Ulthok finish off the remaining Hell Hound.

"Where are the others?" Hawk shouts out as he notices that two companions are missing.

Hawk runs for the hall to look for them. He comes to a halt as he reaches the doorway. There on the floor is Taila. Hawk runs over to her. He bends down to check on her, seeing the blood caked in her hair, the lifelessness of her eyes, Hawks knows he is too late. He bends his head and gives a silent prayer. He now undestands the reason behind Conall's charge.

But wait, Haila is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps she lives still.
Hawk looks to the ground trying to find any tracks to give him a clue as to where she may be.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Leaders must be strong
Posted on 2/28/2005 at 4:15:21 PM (CST)

Using the staff as a weapon she usually doesn't do but with nothing else at hand she cracks the skull of the hellhound in front of her and watches as it closes its' eyes and dies.With just one live hound and one crippled left she can see Alasdair finish the cripple one and then turn his attention toward the one Ulthok is playing with.With everything in here seeming under control she follows Hawk out into the hall.


Her heart sinks into the pit of her stomach when she sees Hawk bending over Talia.
Tell me Hawk PLEASE tell me we are not to late.but she can tell by the look in his eyes they had lost one.She wants to break down and cry, but she knows she can't not now maybe latter but know she must be strong.She is leader of this mighty bunch and they will need her now.Also where is Halia she is now missing they need to talk to Conall if that is still posable.Walking over to Hawk she puts her hand on his shoulder.Come brave ranger let us rejoin the others and decide what our next move will be.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Bad Breath
Posted on 2/28/2005 at 4:27:03 PM (CST)

As the battle seemed to be slowly going their way Ulthok moved forward to do battle with one of the last hellhounds still uninjured and standing.Moving forward with sword in hand the hound proved just a touch more agile than the halfling and his swing comes up just short.The hellhound rebounds and attempting to clamp it's teeth on my arm latches onto my bracer my luck is holding.

Once again I find myself face to face with one of these vile creatures, and to tell the truth I'm getting sick of it, not because I have to battle it, but they have the most awfull breath

Hearing one of his companions call out and ask him to move slightly if he could to open the hound up for more attacks, I will attempt to shuffle slightly to my right, but will at the same time attempt to bring my sword down on the beast and finish this battle once and for all.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:16:39.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Battle Over

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

BATTLE OVER.
Posted on 3/1/2005 at 4:44:20 AM (CST)

It had been a fight for the party for the past 9 rounds. But with only two Hellhounds yet alive, one of which was crippled and the Ettin’s all dead, the 10th round and the end of the turn heralded the battles conclusion..

Af’til seeing Ulthok facing the last of the Hellhounds alone moved to help. The hound concerned with the Halfling did not see the Elf attack. A moment later it knew as a hit from the Ranger/Cleric caused it pain for the first time this battle...

Cor was happy to finally be able to slide out from under the dead body of the Hellhound above him. For most of this fight he had found himself eithier on the floor, flying through the air or in pain from a broken leg. The Dwarf could not help but feel maybe just maybe someone did not like him or maybe that Odin the all mighty DM of this world was messing with his faith. But no matter what the cause, he was Cor Cleric of Odin he would serve his God well...

Conall was still in the mode of a berserker his rage all encompassing and complete. Seeing the strike from his throwing axe down the last of the Ettins his rage a new target did it need. Only one was left his charge quickly redirected a Hellhound did he attack.

His sword a weapon of both justice and revenge the hound was hit yet again. More pain and surely a bone broken, yet still it attempted to prepare an attack...

Alasdair knowing only one Hellhound yet was a threat and that Conall, Ulthok and Af'til were already upon the scene moved quickly to the crippled hound...

With a daft swing of his sword a throat did he slash. Without any type of remorse he watched as the hound bleed out and died. He knew that as he watched Conall attack the second, the Paladin so full of rage, that the Sisters mayhap were dead and if so that would change the party in many ways. None of the ways for the better...

Hawk knew the battle was over and the party had won yet again. But at what cost as for the first time since the battle’s start he noticed the absense of both Haila and her sister Taila...

Moving quickly, calling out to them, he made his way out to the hallway. With a realization full of horror he found Taila dead and her twin gone. Now the reason for the Paladins rage was clear the party had lost it seemed two of its own...

After making sure that there was nothing he could do for Taila he began a through search of the scene to find any of Haila’s tracks knowing the type of boot she wore. No trace did he find of such. It was clear to the Ranger that Conall was the only one who could tell them this tale...

Moving back towards the room he awaited for the Paladin to speak of such...

Dru also seeing that the fight for the most part was over, also made her way into the hallway. And she too was dismayed to find Talia dead and Haila missing. Her heart was in her throat knowing that Talia had died while under her leadership. Without really meaning to she worried it might somehow have been through fault of her own...

A few more steps and the thought was gone..

Dru knew that death comes for everyone at any time and in the party’s line of work all too often. It was the nature of the trade she and the others lived in, yet her heart was saddened for the loss of one possibly two party members..

The story of what had happened would Conall surely tell or face her wrath would he...

Ulthok faced the Hellhound at first he thought alone but a slight move to the side opened a can of righteous fury from both Af’til and Conall. Both of their attacks were true yet still the hound stood. As it readied itself to attack him, Ulthok tired, wounded and fed up with this battle attacked his blade this time true on target, with a last scream this one of pain the final Hellhound died...

The battle now truly over the party relaxed all except the Paladin Conall, his anger at the death of Taila and the abduction of her twin still burning. His rage did he scream at the top of his lungs looking, yet looking for something else to kill...

His gaze played over each of the members yet in the room an almost patible desire it seemed to them to find them enemies...

But slowly with no enemies to find did the anger slowly fade to just a simmer of red in his eyes then slowly that too was gone. Tears hidden to that point visible now. it was clear to all that Conall was in pain yet not from any wound. The story yet unsaid would have to be told...

OOC: Ok battle over good job next post Thursday be good
I will have a new player in by next week or so he will be playing an Half-Elf Fighter/Mage, Male of course sorry Dru unless Jinx comes back that leaves ya as the only female. And seeing how you wrote in your *need a lover* game you should love that (just kidding )
Again good battle you guys worked very well together keep it up you'll need it in parts 3-4 see ya Thursday


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:18:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


50

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

It is finished
Posted on 3/1/2005 at 10:44:30 AM (CST)



Cor made his way out from under the beast and saw the rest of the party quickly dispatch the remaining enemies; they had won, or had they. He saw the fire in Connal's eyes and it caused him a moment of concern. "Relax brother, the stentch of evil remains but its heart has ceased its beating. None stand before you except friends." He watched as Connal calmed himself and returned to his 'normal' self.

Cor took a moment to glance around the room and saw that many of his companions were battered but none were in immenant danger of dying. Therefore, he made his way into the hallway. There he found the body of Taila broken on the floor. From the looks on the faces of the others he knew there was likely no need to hurry as life had assuredly left her. However he never gave up hope until death was confirmed. Slowly the dwarf kneeled beside her and took out his mighty hammer. A rythmic chant in an ancient dwarven toungue did he sing as eyes closed and his hammer moved slowly over her body. A faint, red glow enveloped Taila's entire body but the hammer remained naught but cold steel. Cor opened his eyes and returned his hammer to its rightful place on his side. He rose and turned to Lady Dru. "There is nothing I can do for her as she has passed to the other side. As a war cleric I have leave to kill any that the temple brands as a heretic and to destroy evil on sight. I can heal those injured in battle but the granting of life is not granted to such as I. The healers in the temples who wear fancy robes, eat at elegant feasts and taste not the bitterness of loss or the sweetness of victory are the only ones who may restore life." His expression was one of sadness and finality. "I would suggest that we rest and allow me to heal those who still live."

Cor moved over to Connal and stood by his friend. "My brother, today you fought with a fire that is easy to see. Such fires can be a useful tool that focus our energy and burn our foes with the might of Odin. But beware for like any fire if it is not attended to in a proper manner it can become a danger to its owner. Never let emotion fuel your fire for it is far too combustable and burns in a flash of unknown proportions; one day it may well consume you. Many are the companions I have lost and many are those I know I am yet to lose. If you need to talk I am always available."

Cor began to make rounds in order to determine who needed his aid and to what degree.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Is he mad or focused?
Posted on 3/1/2005 at 11:52:04 PM (CST)

Conall moved in with the swiftness of a gazelle and with the furry of a bull elephant. It is unbelievable he did not hurt any of his comrades in his charge. To some there his shield struck first, hitting the hound on the side of the head then the biting of cold steel found the hound with the sound of cracking bone and splitting flesh the hound threw his head up. Ulthok's found the exposed throat and the bright fire red blood of the beast flew covering Conall. This only seemed to feed the rage that burned within the paladin.

The hound now dead, Conall no longer standing upright and tall but almost hunched over and animal like as if something else drove him on, he started to scan the room. His longing for another to kill, he had to feast on something. No ettins, no hounds, only the shadowy figures just beyond his sight. They all seem hurt, a pain was on every one of them. He would soon kill once more. As he measured up each one of them, his fist began to tighten around his sword. The leather strap on his shield began to moan under the stress of his flexing arm. Conall moved to the balls of his feet and was about to pounce when a voice came to him, ‘Relax brother, the stench of evil remains but its heart has ceased its beating. None stand before you except friends.’ It was then the shadows just beyond sight came into focus. Cor slowly came into few, then as he looked around the room he noticed all the faces were that of friends not foe.

Conall just stood there as the last few minutes ran over and over in his mind. Though the shadows were now gone and every one moved about him Conall felt he still stood alone, still some how very distant. Then a presence was felt ‘My brother, today you fought with a fire that is easy to see. Such fires can be a useful tool that focus our energy and burn our foes with the might of Odin. But beware for like any fire if it is not attended to in a proper manner it can become a danger to its owner. Never let emotion fuel your fire for it is far too combustable and burns in a flash of unknown proportions; one day it may well consume you. Many are the companions I have lost and many are those I know I am yet to lose. If you need to talk I am always available.’

“Yes brother I hear your words of wisdom.” Cor then moved off to heal the others.

Conall did not move for a while and then without a word stood tall once more as if now he had a purpose. He moved over to the two dead ettins and removed their heads. He then moved to one of the hounds and began to skin it. Conall spoke aloud to the dead hound, “It would be better if you were still alive so you could feel but a small bit of the pain I am feeling. But I do take comfort in knowing that in death you have found nothing but torment and pain. For even you Hound of Hell can not stand the fires that leap and play about your flesh in the after life.” A small grin fell across the paladin’s face.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

at what cost
Posted on 3/3/2005 at 6:50:44 PM (CST)

As Hawk feels the Lady Dru's hand on his shoulder, he stands and says to her...

"We have won the battle, but a such a cost. Conall must have seen what happened here, that must have been the cause of the fire burning in him upon his return. It may be too late for Taila, but perhaps there is still a chance for Haila."

The ranger moves back to the room to regroup with the remaining companions. Knowing that a choice will need to be made.

OOC:sorry this is so short, I'm on day3 of the flu...


Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Just another beginning.
Posted on 3/4/2005 at 1:09:06 AM (CST)

As he manages to swing his body around just enough to allow a couple of the others get in some blows and with his own blade hitting true the last hellhound is finally dispatched.Ulthok lets out a long sigh as he is finally able to relax just a touch.As he survays the carnage that surrounds him a few things does he notice.

He looks over at Conall and at first he is not sure that Conall knows who he is he gets the feeling he might just be fighting his old friend any second, but Cor kind of comes in and with some very reassuring words of wisdom he could see Conall start to relax some and the hate and fire leave his eyes.Now Ulthok must find out what sent the paladian over the edge like that.He had an idea but he hoped he was wrong.


Making his way across the room over and around dead hounds and giants the place just littered with blood and body parts, he goes out into the hall and that is where his fear is realized.Lying in the hall in a pool of her own blood was Talia.Hawk was knelt down beside her and Dru was standing behind him.From their looks he could tell it was too late.He had not known the ranger lady that long, but the feeling of lose and helplessness that always sweeps over him in these situations racks his body.Walking slowly over to her he gets down on one knee next to her.Reaching out with one hand he brushes a blood coated piece of hair out of her face.Then reaching down he takes one of her hands in his and as he does he tries to remember her as she was in that beautiful moment when he last saw her alive and fighting the Ettins, and as he does the same out of control rage he had started to feel earlier slowley washes over him and starts to take control of his body.

He is not sure how long he knelt there probally not long at all, but when he did realize that he was still kneeling with Talia was because he heard himself talking out loud he was making an oath an oath to avenge this death but when he came to the end of the oath and was calling out the name of who he was making the oath to he found to his amazement and embarresment that it was not Talias name he was calling out but the name Roland.In his rage his mind had once again taken him into the past and the guilt he could never seem to let go of over the death of his brother Roland.

Getting up and looking around to see if anyone had noticed him in his moment of rage and dispare, he slowly walks back into the room where the smell of burnt flesh and death did nothing to ease his pain.he speaks up.

Have we found out what has happened to Halia where she might be?


Once again he looks around at the awfull mess that surrounds him and he says a small prayer of thanks to his god for guiding him and keeping him alive through the battle.He knows that Dru has a very tough decision to make.They are here because they are to rescue someone for the king and taking the time right now to hunt for Halia may not be in the best interest of that mission, for if the giant took her he is probally not going to take her anywhere near where the prisioner might be, or maybe he would if the Ettins are being used as guards as it looked like they where here just maybe they are near where they want to go.he goes over to Dru and tells her how he feels about what to do next.Though he is not sure he is not letting his feelings get in the way of his judgement.He knows Dru will get as much input from the group as she can and weight it all and hopefully send them in the right direction.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Tough Decision Ahead
Posted on 3/4/2005 at 1:39:31 AM (CST)

As she walks back into the room from the hall with Hawk Dru steadies herself, she knows that each and everyone of them knows when they took up in this group that everytime they where sent out it could be their last.That knowelage does nothing to make it any eaiser to take when one of your group your friends is lost in a battle.She knows each of them look at death in a different manner and to some of them the fact that she died in battle makes it a glorious death, she has always had a hard time with that.As she looks about herself and all the death that she is now surrounded by she can see nothing glorious at all.

She must pull herself togeather for they will be looking to her to make a choice very soon what is their next move.She hopes the group may have at least some input for her.She calls them all togeather.
Would all please gather round and those who can help those who are in need please do so,and those who need help please don't be bashfull about asking.Dru will cast cure critical wounds on Cesair.Then continue talking.


We must make a very fast and maby rash decision.One of our group has been captured, now being as it was by an Ettin I am not sure what they will do with her.It is posable that they are under instruction that if prisoners are taken they will be taken to whoever the leader here is and she may be right where we are headed,but also Ettins are known to like a good meal of flesh.We where originally pushing in this direction. Conall can you tell us anything about where the giant went with Halia?I will take any input from the group as to what they feel should be our next move.One thing I did overhear was one of the Ettins said when exiting the secret room over there something about guarding some chests we should look and see if there is anything that may benifit us in that next room before we leave.Once everyone is healed as best as possable we need to fall back into line and check out the secret room the Ettins came out of.

The weight of leading this crack group of adventurers sometimes feels like she is carrying the whole world around with her, but as she watchs them in action helping and healing each other and preparing to go on she knows she would have it no other way.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

A place of rest.
Posted on 3/4/2005 at 2:23:51 AM (CST)

Conall make the last few cuts on the hell hound and removes the skin. Conall the stands and goes over to where the others have gathered. When the time comes to answer the Lady Drusilia’s question he does so.

“The ettin went down the hall from once we came and then went this way and that. I could find my way back to the room with three doors where I lost the trail. But first I would like to look at this secret room. I would also like to leave the dead as they lie and let it serve as a warning to others that my return. If the secret room is the right sort of room I would like to take the body of Talia and place it in the chamber with the rolled up skin of this hound I have skinned and the four heads of the ettins just inside the door. I know we have neither the time to take her to the surface and burn her body properly nor do I wish to leave her lying in the hallway as carrion for whatever returns. I think if Halia is still alive the ettin will not feed on her flesh but instead take her to whom ever or what ever made these walls. I also think the ettin does not fear us as it should but fears its master even more and that is why it will not feed but question first. So it will take Halia to be questioned. I think we have some time but not much.”

When the council is done Conall goes out into the hallway and picks up the body Talia and will then wait for those who do such things to clear the pathway of all traps and other such devices.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A difficult choice
Posted on 3/4/2005 at 5:04:52 AM (CST)



Cor moved quickly amoung his friends, assessing their wounds and casting healing spells as needed. He held nothing back but freely used his gift for Odin. He knew he might have few if any healing spells remaining after this walk but if they were to meet another enemy this day they needed to be at full health. (OOCM please cast my spells as necessary and post what was cast and the amount remaining, I will make sure everyone is as close to max as possible)

During his rounds he took a moment to speak with Lady Dru. "I can see the mantle of leadership weighs heavy upon your shoulders. You have done all that has been expected of you and more, tis not easy to lead a group such as ours. Death is a price we all agreed to pay at the onset of this quest and I fear that this toll will be collected from more of us before we end our journey. There is no glory in death itself but rather in knowing that one died fighting for their beliefs. We must not let emotions rule us, but must maintain our rational thoughts. Talia is dead and Halia is missing. There is naught we can do about either. We must press on with our task. If Odin wills it, we will find our companion along the way. I stand behind you, ready to follow your lead."

Cor took a moment to speak with Ulthok also. His voice was soft and low so that none other than the one intended to hear would even know that words escaped his lips. "If I might be so bold as to inquire, who is Roland? I noticed his name escaped your lips as emotion took control of you as you viewed our fallen companion. If you wish to speak about it, I am here. If not, I will bother you no more about it and this conversation will fade from memory."

Lastly, Cor took a place next to Connal. "Odin grant you peace my brother. I know that your heart is heavy with grief and sadness. Although her flesh has failed, her spirit remains. She is with Odin know but in his infinate wisdom he has placed a bit of her spirit in each of us. As long as one of our number yet draws breath she yet lives. We must honor her not by avenging her death but by completing the task that she believed in enough to sacrifice her life for. Others may not see it, but I do. You walk a fine line young warrior. A battle rages over who is the master and who is the servant. It is a lonely battle but one you must win if you are to survive. You are my brother and as such I will always be here for you whether it be as a shoulder to lean on or a boot in your backside when you need it."

Cor completed his rounds and then waited to see where the compass that was Lady Dru pointed them on thier journey. He took out a soft cloth and wiped the blood and gore from his hammer. Once he was satisfied, he returned it to his side. He knew that the party had met its first real challenge and faced the reality that not all of them would return home. Cor had seen this many times before. Such things were like a crucible for the soul. They could become stronger because of their experience or it could shatter them, forever destroying them.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:19:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Aftermath

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Aftermath
Posted on 3/4/2005 at 5:37:20 AM (CST)

The Battle over a time of grief at hand. One party member dead for sure another missing and a secret door into the unknown...

Cor clear now of the Hellhounds dead and bloody body saw that Conall was in enraged. The Dwarven Cleric knew if he did not calm the Paladin down more bloodshed was possible. Moving towards Conall his voice full of comfort and care he slowly managed to calm the holy warrior down. Yet Cor could still the lingering fires burning.
He only hoped the Paladin did not allow himself any action that would put his faith in danger of loss...

Moving past the Paladin he began to check each of the party and to cast healing as needed. No matter if all his spells healing did he need to cast. If the need was there to do so then Odin’s will be done and Cor would heal them. Yet as battle tested as he was he knew more of them could easily parish. He hoped it would not be so...

Conall madder then he had found himself in a long time was looking to kill anything and almost anyone. Yet deep inside he knew calm was needed. The words of Cor were heard and using them as a bridge back to reality he slowly crossed over...

Though the anger within him was controlled, it yet still burned. Conall knowing that to carry Taila around with them was foolish began without explanation to anyone to cut off the heads of both Ettins and the skinning of a Hellhound...

Could this be what Cor had feared, had the Paladins anger caused him to violate the body’s of his enemy’s. Or did the Paladin have a purpose in his actions. If his God did not feel such was the case Conall could lose the faith that kept him as he was now. Time would tell and mayhap a God would speak...

As the party watched hoping the Paladin’s reason was good they saw his intentions clearly of that sort as using the Hellhounds skin he wrapped Taila’s body in it so as to preserve it as long as possible. Knowing the blood of the creature and its skin would prolong the time before the body would start to decay...

The Ettin heads were to be placed as a warning not to disturb her body on the pain of death. Conall’s acts at first unsure to the rest of the party, were taken in truth with the greatest of love for a fallen comrade.
Let no one say different even the all mighty DM God Odin...

The Ranger Hawk knew without a doubt Taila Torran, a Human female and a fellow Ranger was beyond saving, her life over, her spirit gone. Accepting that, his thoughts now turned to the sister Haila no body of hers was visible so what did this mean no tracks or trace of her leaving where there for him to find...

Knowing that the only one who could possibly tell them of her fate was the Paladin Conall he started to stand. Feeling the Lady Dru’s hand upon his shoulder he took comfort in that. He knew in the grief that was surely to come he would not be alone. Turning to her a thank you spoken he moved back into the room. It was time for a Paladin’s tale...

Ulthok’s last blow of the battle had also ended it the last of the Hellhounds having fallen.
But now the matter of the battle’s aftermath was at hand. The Thief/Mage knowing by the Paladin’s rage that all was not right moved also into the hallway behind both Hawk and Drusilia...

As the other’s before him he came to feel the numbness of a comrades death. Kneeling by Taila’s slowly cooling body he took her hand in his a prayer of sorts on his lips.
In what to him seemed like hours but only mere moments he came out of his trance the name of his brother Roland upon his lips. A quick nervous glance and he was relieved to see that no one had it seemed to have heard him. He found himself to be in error as Cor offered his support...

Once again in control of himself he turned and reentered the room. Finding himself at Dru’s side he asked after Haila and what they were to do now and how this would effect their present course of action...

It was at that moment Dru called for all the party to gather around her. Deep in her heart she wanted to chase the Ettin and rescue Haila but this warred with her intense sense of duty...

Casting Cure Critical Wounds upon Cesair she began to speak. Her thoughts were on the mission and that hopefully a rescue of Haila was still possible. A quick check of the room behind the secret door did she order and then the party would leave. Turning to Conall she asked him for his information as to the Ettins motives. Why not just kill Haila, but instead take her captive??...

Conall hearing Dru’s request knew it was time to recount that which he had witnessed. The story short in the telling, his thoughts as to the Ettin’s fear of it’s master and ending in a path to a room of 3 doors. Yet another choice to be faced by the party there.

But the battle here for the moment was over, a room yet to be searched, a party not at full strength.
Yet a mission had they and they would try to carry it out. Would they be in time??...

OOC: Ok everyone next post Monday.
The New guy is close to coming in so keep your fingers crossed.
As for Cesair I will email him tonight as to his status in this game we may lose him that would leave us at 7 active players and one pending.
As for Jinxsa I have not heard anything from her in over a Month so consider her gone.
Also as my girlfriend and I have parted I am unsure at this time if she will be playing Althena. If not I will play her as an NPC.
So hopefully with the new guy if Cesair has dropped we will be at 8 players active and if you find Althena 1 NPC
Mottle/Dru check your character sheets over the weekend will do the healing as you stated and will remove the spells from your inventories by Sun Mottle this is more you then Dru of course as Sat is the big 39 for me, I may not get to it till late on Sat or sometime Sun.
Have a good weekend see ya all Monday.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:21:15.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


51

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

late but still here
Posted on 3/5/2005 at 1:10:32 AM (CST)

As I kneeled before the last hell hound, propped up by my sturdy mace, a rush of dizzy flow over my body as the stench of death and the essences of burning souls seem to be wrapping around me, ever squeezing tighter and tighter. Gasping for air; the blessed air that can retrieve me from the rim of blackness, I tried to stand with my body quivering uncontrollably from the stress of this fight and from the massive pummeling from the giants, our hardest opponents we had in a long while. As I staggered to an upright position I though to myself ‘I have to train harder when 1 get back to castle.’ Followed by a prayer for the souls of beast and praise the all mighty for allowing him to live to fight another day. As he recited this pray the darkness eroded away and sweet air of peace filled his battered lungs. As I heard the call to gather I turn toward the voice, but I notice is wasn’t as familiar as it should have been. The voice was filled with sorrow and despair, like the unlucky soul that seen hell and came back, permanently scarred by it experience. Puzzled on what could have cause this pain, I listened closely to what the other had to say while I offer a healing hand to those that needed it. As the news hit him, his heart cracked and seem to glow litte darker. The giants have claimed another one of his sister in battle, one to many sister. the memory of the onslaught of his village when he was just a lad were refresh and his convicention to wipe this land of all giants. But then the smile of his mother, his father, and sister remind him that life is eternal and no one really die but past to the next vessel to wander the lands. It rised his spirit alittle but still left the desire to punish them all.

As one that doesn't show his emotion Af'til put on a face/front of vetern warrior and not allow the other to see the pain inside. To some he might seem uncaring or not even bother by the lose but if you look through the sweet and blood you can see a single tear escape, rolling down his cheek falling down to the blood soak floor. Knowing that, as everyone knows, it wasn’t going to be the last fight of the day and it's only going to get thicker from here on, I offer to the other clerics or mage a nap spell so they can regain their advantage in the future if time permit.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Next Move god help me.
Posted on 3/7/2005 at 11:35:10 PM (CST)

With the group gathered round her Dru takes in all the information she could from them. She listens carefully as Conall recounts where the Ettin took Halia. Still wondering at Ulthoks words did the Ettins have instructions to take prisoners to the commander or where they just acting as giants often do, she says a short prayer hoping she may get a sign as to which was right.


Once it appeared all had been healed to the best of their abilities she assemblies them and prepares to check the room behind the secret door.
Ulthok would you check the perimeter around the door and then Hawk and Alasdair lead us in. Her orders are short and curt but she does not mean them to be but she is wrestling with the move that comes after the room. She looks over the room the battle took place in for even though she has spent some time in here she was not sure where there were any exits if any.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Sentimental Journy
Posted on 3/8/2005 at 12:14:28 AM (CST)

After what happened to him in the hall while kneeling over Talias body Ulthok was a little shaken, he hoped the slight slip had gone unnoticed but when Cor approached and offered his ear he knew someone had. Looking at Cor he gives a somewhat weak smile and shrugs his shoulders.Perhaps when we return the lady Sunblayze to the king and are back at home port it would not hurt to tell the story to someone I will keep it in mind Thanks.

Moving through the room he will look at anything he sees that may look out of place or suspicious in any way.When Dru calls them together he moves into his place with the group until she asks him to check the area around the door the second Ettins had entered through.He does his job checking for traps or anything that might cause harm to the party giving his findings to Dru and once done again returns to his position in the group.He is trying very hard to keep his mind focused for the party depends upon him at almost every turn he in no way intends to let them down.As matter it may seem like it is taking him longer than usual to check but he is using every skill and tool he can to try to be sure he is covering everything.

As the group move out to check the room he moves forward gently cradling his precious sword “Idreanl”for it is the one force in his life he knows he understands and understands him in return.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

A Stillness
Posted on 3/8/2005 at 12:51:22 AM (CST)

Conall stood in the middle of the room waiting quietly, in a silent respect for the dead. He waited for the secret room to be cleared so he could place the lady in her final resting place.

Then he heard it once more, ‘Conall, it is good to see you are with use again…’

Conall shock his head no, in defiance of the little voice in his head that at one time was drowned out by the furry of battle. A smile drifted across his face, “This is neither the time nor the place. You can and will wait.” Conall spoke quietly to himself, as he pushed the voice further and further back into the depths of his mind. “Go speak to the rage and anger. See if they will listen to you.” Conall was now standing tall and proud as he once did and always should. On his face he wore a smile. In his arms he held a fallen heroine.

“I can almost see you now, standing on an oaken table kicking the first poor sod in the face who mistook you for a common bar wench. Oh lady how I would have enjoyed the dance at the journeys end. I would have put the fear of a dragon watching over her clutch of eggs into the first young upstart who tried to cut in. Alas that shell not be. In my heart you shall be a daughter to me. Only 18 and already in the halls of Valhalla, oh how I do envy you lady who breaths not. Go sit with your forefathers. The rest of use will be along when the gods deem it right.” Conall shifted the weight in his arms, “See even Ulthok is taking his time and making sure the place is right for one such as you. And if you say anything I will deny it… I dare say Cor might even have some words to say of you. Think a war cleric saying words over you. Glory and Trumpets!”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Eulogy
Posted on 3/8/2005 at 4:40:37 AM (CST)

Cor wrestled with words in his mind. Battle with foes of flesh and bone were simple and comfortable for him, but this was not. War clerics rarely offer words over the dead, infact Cor could not remember ever hearing one of his own do such. The fancy pants healers in their temples of gold and ivory normally did such duties. Of course there was no gold or ivory her, no healers and certainly no temples here. Cor knew that others, especially Connal would look to him to say something over the fallen. That lad had enough problems without being disappointed.

Slowly the words arranged and rearranged themselves in his mind. For a moment he even thought he felt the hand of Odin himself guide his thoughts. Once the searching was completed and before Connal placed their fallen companion in the room, Cor dropped to a knee, drew his hammer and placed it on his knee.

"Father Odin, I am not a cleric of the temple and I do not know the proper, ancient ceremonial words for interment but I humbly beseach you to hear my words and receive into your care a fine warrior and companion. She has touched each of our lives in a way far deeply than can be measured by the short time we spent together. He sword was always sharp and her arm strong in weilding it in the name of right and honor. She fell in battle, amoung friends attempting to rescue one from the clutches of evil. Grant to each of us a bit of your strength that we may carry on and a bit of your wisdom that we may know that we will one day all meet again in the halls where the honored dead feast" Cor rose to his feet and turned to Connal and wispered in a most hushed tone, "She is with Odin now and naught can hurt her further. If you wish, I will assist you in placing her."


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:23:25.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Prayers for the Dead

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Prayer's for the Dead
Posted on 3/8/2005 at 5:26:18 AM (CST)

The party’s next move in the hands of its leader all waited upon her words...

Af’til knowing that for Cor to handle all the healing on his own would leave the Dwarf no spells of such afterwards offered his help. Between the two Cleric’s the party was back in good shape with some only a few drops of blood away from full.
Next an offering from him if needed the spell of Nap to help all regain spells and rest if so needed. After the healing of the party he awaited as with the others awaited Dru’s orders...

Dru knowing the next words out of her mouth were critical charged forward with the confidence of a true leader never once in fear of her decision.
Telling Ulthok to check the secret doorway for traps she then lets it be known that Hawk and Alasdiar will be the first into the room. Through all this the party leader was mentally saying a prayer for Haila. Dru hoped they might yet find her alive...

Ulthok having been given his lead by the Lady Dru at once set to work. Up and down, around and around the Halfling thoroughly checked for that one hidden possibly lethal trap. Yet none where there as far as his skill to be found. A quick scan of the room showed it to be a 20x10 hole with little or no real features other then 2 Giant sized chairs and a large table...

Upon the table were a set of 6 shiny white dice and a few pieces of silver as if a game were yet in progress the winner now never to be known. Beyond table and chairs on the north wall was yet another door this one very clearly padlocked with a massive Giant sized lock and inter connected chains.
Relaying what he had found to those behind him, he awaited Dru’s go ahead to begin his search and picking of locks on that of this next door...

Conall was a man in a state of flux as he stood quietly holding the body of Taila in his arms. Part of him in pain for Taila’s death, another part enraged and held barely in check and yet a third part of him resolved to avenge her whatever the cost...

As he awaited a place of safety to put the body of a fellow warrior a prayer from the heart did he lay upon her. Full of sadness yet hope of a better place would she find in Valhalla, a valkyrie she would surely be. A warrior and friend gone but not would she ever be forgotten by Conall Glendower…Paladin...

Cor was a Cleric of war, a Dwarf of axe and sword he did not stand before a clergy, he did sermonize in front of a temple full of people. His was not a journey of town to town praising the glory of his God. No his was the way of battle, of blood shed and lives taken. And sometimes just sometimes as now a life of pain and sorrow. A life of saying goodbye...

Cor knew he was not the perfect person to do this but in his heart knew he must. Kneeling down on one knee his axe across it he began a prayer to mighty Odin to look after Taila Torran, Companion, Warrior, Friend...
When done with words of strength to Conall he like the rest awaited the findings of Ulthok...

They came quickly a room with tables and chairs a second door beyond. Chains and locks upon it was clear to the Halfling that the Ettins had truly been guarding something important to someone. The time was now to find out what....

They party informed, a room and chained door they now faced. Mayhap not as dangerous as Hellhounds and Giants but surely within lay secrets of its own....

OOC: next post Thursday have fun all.
Also to remined everyone Jinxsa and Leo are officially both droped. I could not get ahold of eithier of them and I am not chasing them down. So we are at 7 hopefully back to 8 by next week.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:25:01.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


52

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

our next move
Posted on 3/10/2005 at 8:00:30 PM (CST)

"Well Lord Alasdair, shall we move in?"
The ranger says as he steps forward through the passageway into the room.

"Haila is in need of assistance, and no lock shall prevent us from giving it to her. Let us move on!"

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Check and Double Check
Posted on 3/11/2005 at 1:57:43 AM (CST)

As Ulthok checks the area for traps and such Dru waits with a heavy heart while she watches and listens to what Conall and Cor are doing with Talia’s body.The body is wrapped in the wolf skin and Cor says some prayers over her in preparation to leave her body behind.

Ulthok reports that the way into the room is clear and so she sends Hawk and Alasdair in.This only takes a second and they report that the room is very small and only contains two large chairs and table that the Ettins had been playing some game on.Beyond that however is a door with a giant sized padlock with interconnected chains.Ulthok if you would check out the next door for any hidden traps and attempt to unlock the padlock for us.Also Hawk while he works on the door would you make a check through the small room and this one and try to make sure there are no more concealed or secret doors about.The rest of us lets stay alert and ready for action if need be.

She knows that the last order she gave was unnecessary they where all on high alert

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A little bit of thieving and a lot of checking.
Posted on 3/11/2005 at 2:37:50 AM (CST)

Ulthok had checked around the secret door and found nothing and when they entered the small room found it to be nothing more than a sitting room for the two Ettins. He did notice on the table where some dice and some silver pieces the giants were using in some game. Being a thief he will causally just swipe the contents of the table off and in one swoop stick the contents into his belt pouch.He does this in full view of anyone watching he makes no attempt to hide what he is doing from his comrades.

Next Dru asks him to both check the large padlocked door for danger of any type and then to attempt to unlock the large padlock. He would of course do both these thing to the best of his abilities. He did however give the huge padlock a second look as he made his way to start his work. Removing his thieves kit from their place in his pouch he starts his work a little ways in front of the door, checking everything for imperfections that might indicate tampering for the purpose of setting some type of trap. Working to the door he checks all around it’s perimeter, top, bottom, and sides. He looks over the chains that run through the padlock and finally starts on the lock itself.

If through his work he finds nothing he will then attempt to unlock the padlock. Of course if he finds any traps he will then first attempt to disarm it the trap then work on the lock. Using a small mirror he attempts to look into the key hole and examine any part of the mechanism he can, then with picks in hand he goes to work. Hopefully he will turn to Dru and announce the door is ready to enter.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Asking
Posted on 3/11/2005 at 4:34:51 AM (CST)



As everyone did what they where ask by Dru, I would like to ask Dru for **permission** to straighting out the battlefield so that anyone outside the cave door doesn’t suspect something. Even though I know one Ettin has gotten away, we don’t need any other passerby to notice our action at this time. Pulling body inside, pile the corpses away from the entrance, etc, etc. And possible while doing so, look for anything that can help our cause, one way or another. (Search corpses and surrounding for items/information on what's here/were they came from). Maybe one of the corpses has a key to the massive lock. By the time I finish, Ulthok should have the lock open, and shall be ready for new orders.

As a skilled purveyor of animal skin, I would like to collect a few skin from these beast, if time allow. so that i may use them in the future.

If I don’t get permission I would stand guard over Ulthok because if the treasure behind this door is guard this well on the outside, it probably has some type of guards on the inside awell.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Neglect my duties not…
Posted on 3/12/2005 at 1:20:36 AM (CST)

Conall gave a nod of his head to Cor and the two placed the fallen warrior friend on the table, all her belongings still with her. Conall stepped back away from the table and shook off what ever thought had just come to his mind.

Turning to the Lady Drusila, “Thank you for your patience in this matter. I shall neglect my duties not now that is done. Command me I am ready.” Conall may have said he was ready but the blood and sweet now dried on his forehead and checks said other wise. He was still splattered with ettin and hellhound blood but these seemed to matter not to the paladin, for the moment.

Standing at the ready Conall finds a quick moment to speak with Cor, “If I die with honor on the field of battle please speak such words over me. If death and old age find me behind stonewalls of some cold, damp castle in the furthest reaches of my father’s land. Then I ask that I just be set afire. Do not allow the pompous holly ones in their robes of silk and skin as soft as a milk maiden speak words that have no meaning over ones such as us.”


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:27:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


A Room with a View

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Room with a View
Posted on 3/12/2005 at 3:29:53 AM (CST)

A padlocked and heavily chained door before them the party awaited its opening. It was a mystery they all wanted solved, would there be danger or riches or both behind it...

Hawk knowing upon the all clear from Ulthok and per Dru’s commands that he and Alasdair were to enter together made ready.
Taking up position to the left of the doorway as across from him on the right side Alasdair did the same. The all clear given and the Halfling out of their way both warriors into the room moved. To no ones surprise the empty room held no threat. The Ranger and Cavalier both still on high alert watched as the rest of the party except for Af’til and Cesair entered the room. A stillness in the air was it seemed wrapped around them all...

Dru knew that time was short yet the padlocked door was a mystery that needed to be solved. Giving Ulthok the go ahead to check for and disarm any traps and to unlock the door she awaited the results.
Still she could not help but think of the loss of both sisters and what that might mean in the long run hopefully they could still find a sister alive...


Ulthok the command given by Dru moved to the padlocked door. At once he knew he had a tough job ahead of him. The lock itself was in reality 4 separate locks yet all entwined as one.
Fail at any one and the rest would be impossible for him to open as clearly magic was involved here.The chain itself was made not of steel but of mithril and a high grade indeed almost it seemed of Dwarvin quality. Whatever was behind this door someone wanted it safe...


His tools at the ready he began the task and at once found 2 traps linked to the locks, both magical in nature and thus beyond his skill to disarm. But as both traps were linked to the locks Ulthok knew if he could pick them the traps would also be themselves disarmed...

With sweat clearly running down his cheeks and forehead the party could see the stress the Halfling was under as he continued to work...


Af’til knowing his presence was at this time not necessary in the room. Decided to try and hide the fact the party was here.
Knowing that an Ettin had escaped was one thing but to leave the bodies and signs of battle behind in the enemies stronghold went against his Ranger instinct...

So as Ulthok prepared to bypass the lock of the door he would clean and check the hallway for anything of notice. In a short amount of time he had did his best, finding in the pocket of the dead Giant a nice pouch of gold coins numbering 47 in all and a small ruby stone cut in a square.
With his task done he moved to await Ulthoks success or failure...

Conall had finally regained control of both body and his thoughts enough to inform the Lady Dru of his readiness to assume his duties.
Yet still angry at Taila’s death he was the Paladin and not a human battlerager once more...

Turning to Cor and with a voice low he told the Dwarf how to deal with his body should he die here or of age old.
As he placed Taila and all of her Items (some yet useful to the party) upon the Table he too as like the others awaited an open door...

Looking at Ulthok it was clear the Mage/Thief was having a hard time of it...

The party waited. A Halflings task harder then ever before. The clock running yet still. A mission to be completed all this and likely much more fighting to come.....

OOC: Ok next post Monday Sorry about the delay but no one started posting till yesterday and I came down with a cold on top of that.
To make it easier on me try not to all post on the same day it takes me longer to write the post that way and to post it. I like to write it as players post that way its pretty much finished by the day I post.
When you post is not mandatory and either way I will still get the post out but help this old DM out ok thanks everyone see ya Monday...
Also I will be sending this out as an email to Mottle hopefully he will be able to get a reply to us. Wish him luck and if you want to feel free to say a prayer for him....


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:28:36.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.