The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3963 registered users. Our newest member is Amino.
Online members: SilentOne, Schnozzle
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Grugg)Last Chance Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Saved by the spell of a beautiful lady

With only seconds between two actions half the party found themselves magically held, the other half free to act.

Rayne started replaying the first magic mouths words in her mind and repeating them aloud as the gas caused her more damage.

Ulthok taking up the same mantra phrased the magic mouth’s words as a question to the statue, with no reply or change in its pouring of gas. Coughing and slowly dying he took more damage from the gas.

Conall drawing Cor’s axe from the magically held dwarf’s side stood as if ready to batter and chop the statue into rubble but hearing Haila begin a new casting held his ground, his body taking more damage as his lungs strained to breathe.

With the rest of the members scrambling to get free or thinking of something to help, it came down to one young lady and a very simple spell. With the words spoken through her coughs Haila once again cast a second Dispel Magic upon the statue itself and as it had with Divot so it was with Cor, Althena and the rest as they were freed from the magical hold upon them.

But not only were the friends freed but so to did the gas stop spewing out of the clogged holes and did slowly start to return from wherever it had first come. In only a matter of minutes the gas was gone, the rooms air was breathable, and an open door was found on the North wall, a long hallway beyond.

(OOC: Ok everyone took another 20 hit points of damage for a total of 30 hit points each. but other then that you have no lasting effects from the gas. The hallway to the North is wide enough for only 1 person at a time so decide your order of march very careful. Congrats, 1 test down, 9 to go. Muhahahahahahahaha N.P.N.S)


Posted on 2008-08-31 at 04:35:23.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2183 Posts


Hmmmm

Cor felt his hands release and at the same moment teh gas seemed to disappate. After a bit to clear his lungs he spoke. "Most interesting. I wonder if the second spell was the key, the repeating of the words or if the statue simply ran out of gas. No matter which I m glad it has stopped." Turning to Connel, "If I might have thta axe back brother? From the grip you have on it you might well hurt yourself if you tried to swing it." Cor laughed.

Taking stock of his own health as well as that of the others he thought about his spells and what lay before them. "I suggest that we not spend too many spells on healing at the moment. None of us, save Ulthok, seem in dire straights. I hate to waste a heal spell now that could be used better later. Then again twould be a shame to die with healing yet uncast. Perhaps minor spells would be useful now as they are not so in combat." Cor waited for the opinions of the other healers and the group in general.


Posted on 2008-08-31 at 13:00:27.

Sneaky1
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
18 Posts


Time to move on

Divot was about to ask for some healing when he heard Cor speak and thought that perhaps he would wait a bit.

"Well that didnt' turn out too bad huh?" Divot subconsciously flinched as he said it half expecting a barrage in return. He continued quickly hoping to not allow an opening. "Seems we are on to the next test. I for one would like to leave now just in case this trap resets in some manner. Although we know how to defeat it I am not sure how many of those spells we have left."

Divot turned and began moving towards the opening.



Posted on 2008-09-01 at 23:51:28.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil will give Connal a heal light,and then she moves up to where Divot is about to hurry off through the door.

"My friend," she whispers, "I would like you to take more care, these tests are not for the foolish. Care and descretion might serve us all better. Rash acts could cost the life of a friend."


Posted on 2008-09-02 at 00:40:03.

Sneaky1
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
18 Posts


Thanks

"My thanks for the concern. I will try to be more careful in the future. Not saying it will help but I will try." Divot stopped at the opening, "Anyone else want to go first?"

OOC: Editied as I misread the post earlier and thought I had been healed. I see now I was not.


Posted on 2008-09-02 at 01:27:32.
Edited on 2008-09-02 at 23:09:54 by Sneaky1

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


WOW 1down and 9 to go.

As Ulthok makes his last attempt to do or say anything that might save his life and the lives of his companions he speaks a question to the statue that he hopes may at least lead to an answer for them. As he finishes however there is no reply from the statue and as he holds his breath feeling like he is about at his last living moments he finds his hand is suddenly free of the handle, he can also see that the gas is now being sucked back into the statue. Within a minute all is well the gas is gone the party is safe and there is a door open in the north wall.

As Cor speaks about healing and about saving the more advanced and useful healing spells Ulthok tells him, Cor, I am myself carrying 6 extra heal potions I can imbibe one of these and along with a minor heal spell hopefully be very close to feeling fully recovered, or we may even forgo the spell altogether. After that he at once gets one of his potions from his pack and drinks it down. While in his pack he will also remove a second potion of extra healing and put it in his belt pouch for quicker removal and use.

Then doing what it is he does he will approach the now open door leading north and using his skills as a thief will check all around the door, it's opening and the floor area in front of it looking for any sign of danger in the form of traps. Also since the door was made so only one person at a time may pass there is also a worry as to why this is and if this will pose any danger to them as they pass one at a time.
Turning to the others he asks Do you think it might be worth while to throw something through the door opening before anyone walks through just to see what if anything at all happens. Having just finished drinking a potion he suggests that he just roll the empty vial across the door frame into the hall beyond. If he gets approval from the party that is just what he will do. Standing off to the side as much as he can he will then wind up and roll the vial into the hall beyond.




Posted on 2008-09-02 at 13:15:17.

Lyskhala
Kohai
Karma: 80/28
3600 Posts


a bit late...sorry

With the uttering of Haila’s second dispel charm the chaos stopped almost as suddenly as it started.
The mist began to fade and those whose hands were glued fast to the statue were released.
Althena released the breath she had been holding. Her hands tingled from being stuck to the handles as if they had fallen asleep and she rubbed them together to get the feeling back. Looking around she saw that everyone was free albeit a bit distressed. They were very lucky to be alive and had it not been for Haila’s second attempt they probably wouldn’t be.
She sat down on the base of the statue and looked up at it’s almost cynical expression and laughed out loud… not in amusement but exasperated exhaustion. “You almost had us didn’t you” she muttered breathlessly to the pasty figure and wondered what the next 9 trials would be just as an open door appears on the north wall.


Posted on 2008-09-03 at 12:19:02.
Edited on 2008-09-03 at 12:33:46 by Lyskhala

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Proceed with Caution...

As the statue released them and the mist faded, Kenji took a couple steps back and took a few deep breaths of fresh air to clear his lungs. He over heard Althena’s remark to the statue:

“You almost had us didn’t you”
To which Kenji nodded and said to no one in particular, “Ok, next time no one grab anything.” He glanced Divots way as he spoke and checked himself over for any other injuries.

Realizing the mist had caused some internal damage to him he brought his pack around and set it down, reaching within he drew out a bottle of his healing potion and take 2 doses from the full potion. Feeling it go to work he reseals the rest and stores it away again. Shouldering his pack he looks towards the now visible door leaving the room.

Hearing the others discussing who will go first, throwing objects into the hallway, etc. Kenji speaks up with a suggestion.

“I don’t see harm in trying the passage before entering,” He says to Ulthok acknowledging the wisdom of his suggestion, “as for the order we enter. I believe a warrior should be close to front with only one of those knowledgeable of traps and such being before them.”

Glancing Divots way the Samurai adds, “Might I suggest Ulthok be the one doing the searching.”

Whatever order is decided he will fall into place ready to defend against any attack or trap.



Posted on 2008-09-03 at 23:48:38.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"Does anyone have a spear that can be used to tap the floors and walls and ceiling? It might help keep us from triggering a trap and what about roping ourselves together."

Cynil had her staff, but she was loath to let it out of her grasp.


Posted on 2008-09-04 at 02:36:43.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne looks over to Divot being small and not the most robust of them she decides to help him out a bit. Rayne moves over to the halflings and lays a hand on his shoulder. "By Corellon's grace, may his healing aid you,." Rayne intones with quietly, her faith in Coreloon was strong and she held his divine powers to aid others not hold onto it.

"Now, is there anyone else who knows they need some healing before we continue on , it would do us no good if one of you dropped because you could not withstand further injuries when I have healing to give.."

Whoever, comes to her she will give one cure light wounds too. saving higher level spells for use later.


Posted on 2008-09-04 at 06:13:23.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil nods to Rayne and looks about the group feeling that they have been diminished by the gas.

"I know many are injuried by the gas and that all need healing. This gives us a problem in that if we use up all out healing and potions we will have none left for later. The only thing we have is our divine powers, that can be recharged given rest and prayer, but I am not sure if there are points in this testing that will allow for that, or if each new room is a test."



Posted on 2008-09-04 at 19:32:19.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


a stolen moment

Conall still holding the axe high over his right shoulder as Cor approached, "If I might have that axe back brother? From the grip you have on it you might well hurt yourself if you tried to swing it." Cor laughed.
“Yes brother take it before I do more damage to myself then the unseen enemy we fight with every step.” Conall handed the axe to Cor and then felt the heaviness in his chest subside.

Conall then feels Cynil move by him and her hand falls lightly upon his breast plate as she gives him what was suppose to be a quick light heal spell but as she turns to move on Conall wraps an arm around her waist and pulls her in close and looks into her emerald eyes and in quick succession he cast his two Cure Moderate spells. As the healing is passed his eyes never move from hers. When all is done he whispers to her, “Keep you safe or I will have to hurt you.” Cynil then turns and hurries off to the door to where Divot is also heading.

Conall then gathers his things and makes ready to move on.


Posted on 2008-09-05 at 01:19:25.
Edited on 2008-09-05 at 01:19:59 by Kyle

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil returns the favor and heals Conall with a Cure Moderate also before he lets her go. SHe eyes are bright as the forest in high spring. "I have some potions," she adds reluctantly leaving his grasp.


Posted on 2008-09-05 at 03:58:46.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2183 Posts


Moving on

Cor retrieves his axe from Connel and speaks in a low tone, "In times of need you know what is mine is yours."

"Well unless anyone has an objection I believe the following would be a good order; it keeps a good mix of fighters, healers and mages. Ulthok leads followed by Kenji, Rayne, Halia, Althena, Myslef, Divot, Cynil and finally Connel." Turning to Ulthok, "Throw what you want down the hallway but I doubt any traps would be so easily defeated. This isn't some shaby or hastily set area."

Before taking his place in line, Cor lays his hand on Divot, "Since you already owe a sizable debt to Odin perhaps it is best to make sure you are around to pay it." He casts a cure light on Divot.


Posted on 2008-09-06 at 02:30:41.
Edited on 2008-09-06 at 02:32:17 by Keeper of Dragons

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Test two

The first test a near thing, the party everyone hurt but the Elvin cat Niamedris, his magical nature somehow a defense. Now turned to the matter of healing themselves and each other it was quickly looked to and taken care of.

However, in the course of this healing something special clearly happened between Conall and Cynil. As each hugged the other close the spells of healing they cast upon the other did in some way heal them both, life energy of Elf and Human somehow merging together for but a brief moment as one.
With their parting came the realization that both were back to 100% health.

Then with five of the party healed to full, Rayne, Althena, Cor, and Haila having had no healing themselves, Cor proposed a new order of march and so with Ulthok in front they proceeded forward.

Ulthok once again in the lead position, his empty potion vial in hand, rolled it down the hall before them and came away with nothing. No trap spring, no ambush revealed only the sound of glass on the hard stone floor. Taking nothing for granted the Halfling thief still was careful as he checked the way before then at every 20 feet. It was then almost 20 minutes later as the party rounded first a left hand turn to the West then a second right turn back to the North in the tunnel that before them was once again a similar door as before. With a through check by Ulthok revealing no traps or anything of danger to be waiting hidden he checked to find the door was unlocked.

Knowing as before the first test that going back was not an option the Halfling opened the door before them to reveal a 30x30 room totally empty of anything but a single glowing bluish red globe floating in its center. The glow about it pulsating as if in rhythm to a heartbeat, it sat quietly doing nothing. To the North a second door was visible to all.


(OK good posting by all but the posts leave me but a little concerned as in my reading of every ones posts Cor, Haila, Rayne and Althena are still down 30 hit points. Cynil, Conall, Kenji, and Ulthok are fully healed and Divot is still down 14. Word of advice you may want to rethink that as both your clerics, the only person able to carry the sword, and your best mage are still down 30 hit points.
I have the Healing as follows please correct me if I missed something.

Cynil gave Conall a Cure Light/ Cure Moderate
Conall gave Cynil 2 Cure Moderates
Ulthok Full Potion Extra Healing
Kenji 2 Doses Potion Extra Healing
Rayne Cure Light to Divot
Cor Cure light to Divot

OK N.P.N.S baring any twists of real life.)

GO COWBOYS!!!!!


Posted on 2008-09-07 at 01:32:14.
Edited on 2008-09-07 at 02:14:04 by TannTalas

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.