The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4012 registered users. Our newest member is DissertationHelpDeal.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Alacrity)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


always hold the door for a lady

Conall looked as if he were holding the door open as Cynil moved past him and stepped into the room. Conall then took a deep breath, “Well here goes nothing.” As he too stepped into the room…


Posted on 2008-09-16 at 01:15:00.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne casts a cure critical on herseff and a healing spell on anyone else that asks for it. She looks into the room for any o fht colors mentioned in the messages they had received before tacling the first of the test.

The Keen-eye ranger, use to noticing the slightest things in the forest, tried to apply her skills in this foreign enviornment. She had gone into this willingly and was trying to make the best of it that she could. It had been a difficult first test and it shocked her to think that what she had thought of as a way to get threw it would have gotten them all stuck to the statue and unable to free themselves is haila could not have thrown magic.

"You know if we use up a significant amount of spells and healing getting through this next test then we may have to stop and rest to regain them." Rayne interjects as she steps into the second room. One bitten twice shy has her moving in with a cautious alertness.


Posted on 2008-09-16 at 18:13:01.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6331 Posts


A Time to fight

With Ulthok and Kenji having safely crossed the room to reveal that opening the far door was a no go, it became clear to all they would have to step into the room.

With Conall being the last to enter, he closed the door behind them and made to move forward with the rest. However, as was the case in the first test, this was not to be, as the plan to leave well enough alone was lost. With the final click of the door closing from the floor and walls around them began to sprout tentacle type plants.

The plants, a greenish black in color, were of small size each with a grouping of 6 spiked appendences each 7 inches long. In all 20 pods were growing before and around them and would be able to attack in seconds, no place within the room safe from their reach.

Above them, the globe had still not changed, still pulsing, still in the same place.

(OOC: Ok you have this round to decide what to do as the plants will not be fully grown, thus able to attack, till my post next, next Sat. I will also be sending you by email a quickly drawn map of where everyone is in relation to the plants, if anyone knows how to add it to their post please feel free to do so or tell me how so I can do it with the other maps I have for some of the rooms. Good luck, fight well, and die with pride if that is your fate.)


Posted on 2008-09-21 at 04:23:09.
Edited on 2008-09-21 at 23:37:57 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Map

Tentacle Room

((OOC: Tann.. it is easy if you upload the pic to a host site and then link it to there. Just hit edit on my post here and look at the code.))

((P.S. Now I dont feel that bad about my hand drawn maps . ))

((OOC: Map Updated!))


Posted on 2008-09-21 at 12:52:51.
Edited on 2008-09-21 at 23:59:53 by YeOlde

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Morbuzakh?

"Well, so much for that." Haila mutters disdainfully.

She glances back and forth; this was not good, but at the same time, she couldn't afford to get the trajectory wrong and end up hitting either one of the party or nothing. Seeing where everyone is, she notes it'd be best to clear a section for everyone somewhere by the middle where they can all get to. Deciding on the spot, it was only a matter to clearcut the plants there. The only problem was the room was too bloody small!

"Get over here to the corner!" Haila yells as she moves to the corner (upper left on the map).

(If everyone gets out of the way, will be delaying until it happens, if it happens)

Moving quickly, Haila weaves her hands about an invisible pattern wrought from memory, with the individual lines jagged and yet also flowing, all the while murmuring carefully and intoning the words to draw out the arcane power. With that done, the spot decided upon, and the spell cast, Haila could only hope these plants weren't fire-resistant.

((Casting Fireball and trying to get as many of the plants as possible without hitting anyone of the party))


Posted on 2008-09-21 at 17:29:29.
Edited on 2008-09-22 at 02:25:11 by Reralae

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


Moving

Cor heard Halia call for everyone to move to the corner of the room and figured she was intending to cast a spell so move he did. "ya heard the lass so get a move on" As he moved he broke his new axe into two weapons and was thus prepared to attack a plant in the corner (number 1 perhaps). Swinging both axes he hoped to cut the plant down before it had a chance to grow fully.


Posted on 2008-09-25 at 03:20:04.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice.

“Click”
Kenji’s Katana left it’s sheath within a fraction of a second after the click of the door closing. He entered into a slight crouching stance katana held in his right hand as he waited for something to attack them. It didn’t take long before the black tentacles began to sprout from the floor. Ah now this was something he could defend against and not some crazy riddle or poisonous gas that would eventually kill them while they stood helpless.

"Get over here to the corner!" Haila yells as she moves to the corner.
With only a slight glance are Haila, he realized that with the weaving of her hands that she was going to cast some type of spell and no doubt she wanted them all in the single corner to be far enough away from whatever it is that she intended. Having seen powerful magic before and what it could do, Kenji wasted no time in moving towards the corner she indicated (Upper Left by 1 and 4).

As he reached the corner, he approached one of the tentacles sprouting up there (#4) and taking a strong two handed grip he attacked that tentacle attempting to sever it at the base. These things were growing fast and he didn’t doubt that soon they would be reaching out to grasp at them. He would attempt to keep himself between Haila and the other casters so they might do their job while he protected them.



Posted on 2008-09-27 at 00:37:24.

Sneaky1
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
18 Posts


need a gardener fast

Divot watched in amazement as plants sprouted everywhere. 'This is intersting.' he thought for a moment before seeing they looked a bit more dangerous than regular plants. When he heard the call to move he was about to ask why when Cor and Kenji ran past him and he deceided it was best to simply join them. With no other option readilly apparent he joined the other two in attacking the plants.


Posted on 2008-09-27 at 18:45:11.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Plants O Plenty

As soon as everyone was in the room and the far door closed the room in a split second started some form of attack, with some type of plant started growing out of nothing being greenish black in color and each waving 6 spiked appendages each 7 inches long. There seemed to be 20 of them.

As he quickly looked around he saw the corner nearest him looked to be a possible defensible position with his back to the wall. As he was making his decision he heard Halia call out for them all to take as best cover as they can because she is going to cast some kind of powerful spell in the confines of this small room. Well to him the corner still looked to best his best chance so with his new ultra fast sword in hand he first tries to strike plant #4 which is next to him by slicing the thing in half if that works he will jump over the stub that is left so he ends up in the corner facing plant #1.

If that doesn't work He will just keep swinging at the plant in front of him and try to get past it into the corner.


Posted on 2008-09-27 at 22:00:46.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6331 Posts


Round 1 1/2 LOL

The party having hoped to move quickly through this room had now once again come face to face with another of the 10 tests, this time in the form of tentacle type plants.

Without hesitation, Haila primed a fireball and released it, aiming for the southeast corner of the room, and hoping to hit only vegetation and not her friends. With a bright light and flash, the fireball struck and at once, what had been the plants of 13 & 14 went up in flames, and so to plant 15 a moment later, as the fireball hit the wall and rebounded backwards.
Though none of the party was hurt, all did feel the heat as the temperature in the room rose to over 100 degrees in seconds.

Ulthok was next to move upon hearing Haila’s call he at once attacked the plant before him (#4) and easily found he had no problem in hitting it dead on, 4 of 6 tentacles falling to the floor. Moving quickly past the remaining two tentacles he was first to reach Haila’s indicated corner.

With Cor and Kenji right behind him, Kenji’s katana striking the last two tentacles from #4, and Cor opening a path with the slicing of 3 Tentacles from #1 and Divot’s follow on attack taking off 2 more, the group assembled in the corner in a ready defensive stance. None having, as yet, been hit for any damage.

To each member’s horror they watched as each cut tentacle began to grow into a new plant, 11 in all, all so intertwined they began to form a wall of living tentacles before the party. The party soon to be trapped, had only seconds to think of what to do next. Cynil thinking to herself what about the globe above........

(OOC: Ok I missed with all plant attacks, as they were only half formed. As they are now forming a wall in front of you, they will get a better attack modifier next round. Good luck. In addition, give out a thank you to Keeper for if not for him on Runescape tonight, I would have totally forgotten to post as thanks to Heroes replayed premiere I thought it was Monday night . N.P.N.S and the new map has been sent to YeOlde for posting on the tread.)


Posted on 2008-09-28 at 04:56:22.
Edited on 2008-09-28 at 04:57:16 by TannTalas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Rayne

Rayne moves towrds the indicated cornaer but she dows not think the all of the group weill be able to make it there. Thus whatever Haila had planned hopefyully she would reconsider if some of the others are still out in the middle somewhere. Area of effect spells could kill them as easily as those plants.

Not wanting to leave haile descision to shance Rayne calls out, "hail Be careful off any area effect if some others at still caught out there."

SHe takes out her sword and buckler and perpares to fight the plants.


Posted on 2008-09-28 at 06:51:27.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


New Map

Tentacle Room
((OOC: No problem Tann!))


Posted on 2008-09-28 at 14:27:26.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


Hold!!!

Cor raised an eyebrow as he watched the severed tentacles regrow into new plants. 'Hmm should have seen that comign I guess, had a bad feeling this might happen' he thought to himslef before calling out. "Hold you weapons, slicing them causes more harm than good. Perhaps blunt weapons or magic are required." Cor holsterd his axe, drew his war hammer and attacked. One attack was aimed at the plant wall in front of him but the other hammer he let fly at the glowing orb. As he did, he cast a glance at the plants damaged by the fireball to see if they regrew or died.


Posted on 2008-09-28 at 14:54:49.
Edited on 2008-10-03 at 23:27:50 by Keeper of Dragons

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


A thought from childhood

Conall with sword in hand and ready to attack heard, “HOLD” so he did such.

Then he heard the rest of Cor’s explanation for calling a halt in the attack…

Conall quickly sheathed his sword, “If not sword then blunt weapons or magic. The magic I have will do no harm and as a blunt weapon goes,” he gave a quick check, “No I have none.” With shield in hand Conall will stand his ground as the onslaught continues. As Conall’s mind continues to race he remembers the farm lands around his home, “Torch! Some one light me a torch and give it to me!” Conall shield in hand does his best to defend those behind him.


Posted on 2008-09-28 at 17:14:49.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Fieryness

"We have to break through and get to the clearing I made; at least there we don't have to worry as much about the plants." Haila calls, before immediately reaching into her small pouch and pulling out a small, golden tube.

Transferring this to her left hand, she reaches in the pouch once more and pulls out a little bead, which seems to be almost like amber, but with a hint of cloudiness within it, which seem to be particles of dust or perhaps something else. Flicking the bead into the air, Haila snaps her fingers in a fluid motion underneath it, and it bursts into a small flame just beyond her fingertip as she utters the first arcane syllable.

She holds the tube in between the thumb and index finger of her left hand, as though she is ready to paint a masterpiece with it. All it needs is the right ink...

With a swift exchange, she sets the flame upon the end of the tube, now looking for all the world like a paintbrush's end made of fire. Her hand a blur, she sketches a small (about the size of an open palm) symbol in the air, made of fire, and encloses it within a circle, all the while keeping up with the arcane chant. Once the circle is drawn, it sparks into a small orb of fire, which she quickly brings her right palm behind, before bringing it forth and imparting the orb with momentum. Immediately, the orb multiplies into five, all of which streak forward to impact the plant wall before the party.

((Provided there's enough damage that it sizzles and burns))

"Normally at this point I'd be saying 'BBQ', but I'm not vegetarian." Niamedris's thinks aloud.

"I don't think you'd want to eat these plants anyway; I'm sure they have a bad taste." Haila returns.


Posted on 2008-09-28 at 18:04:17.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.