The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3999 registered users. Our newest member is L3chad.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by TannTalas)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by wordcandy70)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6365 Posts


Intermission ends the battle begins anew.

With another turn gone and the Ice Wall yet lower the party was quickly running out of time to decide just what to do about the foe they faced…The Globe above them. They knew within the next turn due to its height above them Ice Wall or no Wall it would be able to once again see them and attack if it so desired.

Some of the party healed, others not, it stood to reason that when the battle was once again joined a fight it truly would be, perhaps the parties last. With talks of lets do this or let’s do that nothing really was decided. Each member of the party as had seemingly become the norm deciding for him or her what they would do when the wall came down at last.

However, for the moment they proposed this or that secure in the safety of the moment, a moment that lasted only a few seconds more.
With an earth shattering screech Niamedris ESP ability struck the whole party at once in warning… the plants, the plants, they regrow…
Around the party, true to the Elfin cats warning, the plants were growing once again.........


(OK gentle folk Intermission is over the battle part 2 has begin. It is now round one and the plants though growing fast are once again in their infant stage. I will send an updated map to YeOlde by tomorrow eve and let you all go from there.
N.P.N.S)


Posted on 2008-10-26 at 03:27:12.
Edited on 2008-10-26 at 03:28:06 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Ready again

Cor was assesing everyone when he heard the words in his head that the plants had begun to regrow. "Why thank you for that warning, soon as I can find one a fat fish is yours."


Continuing where he left off he noticed that quite a few of his companions still looked a bit battered. So he bagan to tend to their wounds. First he touched Althena with the staff of curing, then on a whim he tried it on the elvin cat who looked a bit worse for wear.

OOC: I am assuming it works on the cat

Continuing he touched the staff to Connel but found it had no effect. Only then did remember it had limited uses per day. Putting up the staff he turned to spells. First he cast cure serious on Connel, "You might want to use you lay on hands on yourself as well before we get into the fight again." Turning his attention to Halia he chose two Cure Moderates for her. "that should hold ya awhile lass" For Kenji he deceided on a single cure moderate and a cure serious. Feeling that all should make it thru the coming fight he turned once more to Althena and added an Aid spell for her just to be a bit safer. Figuring holding them made no sense he cast his remaining 3 aid spells as well, one on Kenji, one on Divot and one on Ulthok.

Once each member had been healed, Cor took out his dwarven throwers. He stood ready to atttempt another attack on the orb.


Posted on 2008-10-26 at 13:48:05.
Edited on 2008-10-28 at 03:43:19 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Even though Conall had not yet revealed the subject of his unexpected mirth, Cynil turned her focus to her bow and readied arrow. She awaited the moment when the orb was revealed and then she would shoot.


Posted on 2008-10-26 at 15:47:37.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Oh Look green things

As Conall was enjoying a good laugh the words “the plants, the plants, they regrow… “

Taking up his shield and brandishing his lit torch Conall went to work on the new shoots that seem to have started to sprout up from the scorched ground. “I will do what I can on these plants. Get that Orb!”


Posted on 2008-10-26 at 18:18:53.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Mirror mirror in my hand

With the ice wall coming down fast Ulthok prepared for the next round of fighting as it seemed that Cor was going to attack the orb first off with a physical attack Ulthok will try to go about and tend to the gardening but he will make sure all know what he is doing so there are no more explosions.

As soon as I can reach any plant I will continue to burn them as fast as I can using my lit torch and this oil I have here, perhaps a second torch and vial of oil would be a help if two of us keep the plants trimmed back.
Then just as the ice was finally coming down and the cat cried out to warn us all about the regrowing plants a different idea struck Ulthok.Remembering that just before he put up the ice wall Conall had thrown his hammer at the orb which had at once retaliated by shooting some type of ray at him which ended up being blocked by the wall so acting as fast as he can and calling out to Cor at the same time Ulthok wants to try something that could be dangerous for him but hey as they say no guts no glory.
First he yells to Divot,
hey brother maybe I could get you yo take over here with my torch and oil I have an idea I wish to try at this point he will quickly give his items to Divot if he will accept them if not he will just drop them to the floor while yelling to Cor, Hey big guy remember when Conall attacked the orb it retaliated at once I have an idea as he moves over to where Cor is standing he is fishing in his pack and he pulls out his silver mirror, what I am going to do is as soon as you throw your axe at the orb and either hit it or miss I think it is going to fire back I plan on stepping in front of you and hopefully reflect the beam from the orb back at itself if I am accurate and can get my mirror in front of the beam without getting myself killed. What do you think plausable idea? and maybe someone has something that may be reflective and a little bigger than my mirror?
DM EDIT: Sm correction it was Cor not Conall that attacked the Orb w/ his twin axas.)


Posted on 2008-10-27 at 11:05:37.
Edited on 2008-10-28 at 21:00:49 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Interesting idea

"Well that is a interesting idea lad. Hopefully my hammers ring true." Cor readied himself and hoped for the best.


Posted on 2008-10-27 at 23:01:28.
Edited on 2008-10-28 at 03:25:48 by Keeper of Dragons

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne offers an option to Ulthok.

"Ulthok have cor sort of stand behind a plant and throw his axes if her miss or hit and it shoots out the ray perhaps you might reflect it back but if could also hit the plant and who knows it might kill the plant.


Posted on 2008-10-28 at 00:55:25.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Take cover

"Aye lass, behind a plant it is. I just hope the thing doesn't grow too quickly." Cor takes up position behind a plant and readies himself again.


Posted on 2008-10-28 at 02:31:08.

Sneaky1
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
18 Posts


Round 3

Divot heard his brother ask for his help. "Coming brother." Divot took the torch and oil. With a job to do he searched for a plant that looked like it was getting ready to try to regenerate and poured a bit of oil on it and then added the fire from his torch.


Posted on 2008-10-28 at 02:38:43.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 128/12
2025 Posts


Intuition

Haila bites her lip. Even though the others are intent on trying to reflect the ray, there is a nagging doubt inside her as her intuition tells her that it wouldn't be so simply reflected. But, how does one express intuition as a clear argument?

"If the ray is anything like normal magic, I'm fairly sure it won't reflect so easily as light." Haila hears herself say aloud, "A ray is energy, which we can perceive with a light component, but it isn't wholly light. If the ray hits that mirror, my feeling is that it will merely apply its effect, whatever that may be, to the mirror, which may explode and cause collateral damage via shrapnel. It's like saying you can reflect my wand with just a shiny shield."

"If you want to test reflection, I suggest letting me try my wand of frost on it. If it hits the mirror, I'm pretty sure it won't do nearly as much damage as that globe's ray." Haila adds.

With that said, Haila pulls out her wand of frost, waiting to see how the others respond.


Posted on 2008-10-28 at 19:34:08.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"Hailia, the Rays of Frost are perfect against the plants!"

Cynil calls out, she decides that her arrow is not going to do too much damage and has opted for fire. To this end she fishes out some oil and a torch and and goes to light her torch from to one that is already lit.


Posted on 2008-10-28 at 20:42:29.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Kenji's simple actions

“the plants, the plants, they regrow… “

Taking up his shield and brandishing his lit torch Conall went to work on the new shoots that seem to have started to sprout up from the scorched ground. “I will do what I can on these plants. Get that Orb!”

The Samurai starts to draw his katana but glances up and sees the orb is far too high for him to reach. Seeing Cor and Divot take up torches he bends down and reaching into his pack he withdraws a torch; rushing over to Conall he lights his torch from Conall’s.

Turning towards the plants he draws his wakazashi and begins to attack the plants. He will cut off any long enough to be a threat and then burn the stumps, or just burn the ones that are just sprouting and not long enough to attack.

DM EDIT: Did you get the new map??


Posted on 2008-10-28 at 23:03:32.
Edited on 2008-10-29 at 01:13:53 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Map Updated

DM's Note: Ok here's the new map as far as what you all remember before the Ice wall went up.What has happened since you of course will not know till the wall melts.

Tentacle Room


Posted on 2008-10-30 at 00:00:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6365 Posts


Round one to the Globe

With the party once more at full heath, all but Niamedris the staff having had no effect on the Elvin cat its second charge of healing given to Conall instead, they seemed ready to once again take the offensive.

With the Ice Wall now at half its height the Globe was clearly visible in the same spot, as it had blinked to after Cor’s attack. Yet as the party could see the Globe so too it could see them as well; however, as when the party had first entered the room it did not attack.

In the course of the battles restart many actions were taken.

With a laugh cut short by Niamedris’s warning of the regrowing plants the Paladin was the first to surge into motion.

“I will do what I can on these plants. Get that Orb!”

Blazing torch and shield in hand he moved to the closet regrowth to him (#r3) only to find to his dismay that the plant, soaked in the water of the melting Ice Wall, would not ignite. Fire alone was not going to work this time.

As with Conall so to did Kenji come to the realization that fire by itself was not going to work on the water soaked plants. However this realization came a little too late as he had already cut off 2 tentacles causing two more plants to start to grow. (# r12 & r13 between # r8 & r5) looking quickly around him he spotted the next to act this round was the Druid Cynil.

Having changed her mind of using ranged attack vs. the Globe she moved alongside Conall with fire and oil and using both was able to cause the plant to ignite. (# r2) However in doing so she inadvertently started a floating area of fire as the burning oil spread out.

The next to act in cooperation were the groups Knight Cleric and Thief, with Conall and Cynil moving to combat the plants along with Kenji and Divot, Cor’s was the only non magical attack aimed at the Globe once again. At the advice of Rayne he had moved himself behind the nearest regrowing plant (# r4) and stood ready, Ulthok just to the right of him mirror ready. With the Globe once again in sight, his arm back, then forward Cor’s lone Dwarven thrower, launched!!.

However, like his twin axes before the Globe vanished only to appear 3 feet to the left of its starting position, its ray attack shooting out to try to strike the dwarf Cleric square in his chest. However, true to his plan Ulthok was there before the dwarf Knight Cleric, mirror raised, only to have it have no effect as the energy blasted through it to hit the halfling thief dead center in the face!!

The power of the ray such that where one moment Ulthok had been standing awaiting the ray with his mirror raised to attempt to reflect it back, the next he found himself slamming into the wall behind him his face nothing but white bone and blood. His facial features gone Ulthok was blind, deaf, mute, and unconscious, lying face down, below the level of the raising water, diluted with his own blood.

Throughout all this, though battered by the pressure of the passing air surrounding the ray as it had hit Ulthok, somehow, insanely in the midst of exploding flesh and blood Cor found he had this time managed to catch his hammer on its return from the failed attack. Standing ready, he could throw it if so desired his next round.

Haila was the last to act; having voiced her doubts about Ulthok’s idea, she had readied her Wand of Frost, yet hesitated to use it. Seeing herself proved correct at the cost of possibly a friend, her Wand of Frost was yet unused> Having not decided on what function to use, she would have to wait till her next round to counter attack.

The party this round ended, found itself 1 member less to fight in the next.


(OOC: Ok there you have it this weeks post, Dragonmist your out cold and badly bleeding until someone revives you through healing or some other way. Ok N.P.N.S.

On another note, I have the sad DM job to inform everyone that within the next 3 weeks or so we will be losing Sneaky1 to the call of duty. His National Guard unit has been activated for deployment and he will be without Internet for quite some time. I as normal will put out feelers to see if there are any takers and hopefully by the time Sneaky leaves, we may have another player. He has still promised to post as best he can until he ships out so hopefully he can still help you pass this test.)


Posted on 2008-11-02 at 05:29:00.
Edited on 2008-11-02 at 05:43:34 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


A plan gone horribly wrong

As the wall came down Cor saw a few others try to light the plants without sucess for they were too wet to burn. Then, just as he was about to call out to use oil someone had that same idea and the plants began to burn.

With his attention of the orb, he threw his hammer only to see the orb once more blink away. As before it shot out a ray and as planned Ulthok held up his mirror. Here is where the plan failed miserably. The mirror had no effect on teh ray and Ulthok took the blast direct in the face. The littel guy was thrown back and judging only from the spreading red plume in the waterhe was hurt badly. Out of almost pure instinct, Cor managed to cath his hammer. Realizing it was of no use he quickly returned it to his belt.

"Perhaps magic of some form will be needed? I am about out of ideas." he called out. He moved to check on Ulthok for he owed his companion that much. "guess you were right lass, that mirror dinna help much."


Posted on 2008-11-02 at 14:48:53.
Edited on 2008-11-03 at 23:29:13 by Keeper of Dragons

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.