The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4005 registered users. Our newest member is Karack.
Online members: Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Nomad D2)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


53

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A breif respite
Posted on 3/13/2005 at 5:47:37 AM (CST)



Cor helped Connal carefully place their fallen companion upon the table with as much honor and reverance as the location would allow. Nothing if hers was taken for to do such would lower them to the status of grave robbers in Odin's eyes. As they stepped away, Cor heard Connals request. It took him but a moment to answer. "No matter how far the trip, if I hear tell of your defeat by the one who takes old mens souls while they slumber I shall be there to see your wishes fulfilled. Those who make fancy speaches and smell of recent baths do not understand our ways, just as we do not understand their. Of course if you stick with me for any length of time you will have naught to worry about getting old. There are bold dwarven war clerics and old ones. There are precious few bold and old war clerics."

Cor waited and watched as the thief worked laboriously on the lock. The scowl on his face was similar to that on a dwarven face when a keg runs dry. That is to say, something was very wrong. "Perhaps the lock has been magiced? Would one of you wizardly types have a dispel magic spell at hand, or perhaps knock?"

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Moving forward... what lies ahead?
Posted on 3/13/2005 at 2:02:41 PM (CST)

In response to Lady Dru's request and Hawk's querie, 'Well Lord Alasdair, shall we move in?', he makes a quick response... "Aye lad, we do move forward, best to leave this place and finish our task in this dungeon. I fear that it has already taken a higher toll than the worth of the prize at the end."

Upon hearing Hawk's statement of 'Haila is in need of assistance, and no lock shall prevent us from giving it to her. Let us move on!'... Alasdair prepared to move forward sword and shield at the ready, eager to put the recent carnage behind him. 'Death of a comrade and friend never come easy, though all too frequently does it touch our lives,' ponders Alasdair as he heads off.

"Aye master locksmith, time is of the essence if ye please," he called to the thief hoping to bring alittle of his previous revelry into play.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

secret doors?
Posted on 3/14/2005 at 10:17:30 PM (CST)

"Aye Lady Dru, I will look for what ever may be found.." the Ranger replies to the Lady's request."Perhaps there is another way around that lock"

While the Mage/Thief works on the lock, Hawk searches the room carefully for secret doors and anything unusual.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

What to do? Nothing.
Posted on 3/14/2005 at 11:25:50 PM (CST)

Conall stood at the ready watching as all the action was taking place around him. This was time for others to act and for those such as Conall to stay out of the way. The sweat from the good burglar’s brow did trouble Conall a bit and trying not to let on he quietly took a step or two back, so as to stay out of the way. Conall did not want to be the one who turns this place in time bad.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Lock of no Return
Posted on 3/15/2005 at 2:48:27 AM (CST)

Checking everything very carefully Ulthok can tell he is going to have a real tough time with this lock and chain setup on the door.He can see there are some traps worked into the locking mechinism but he can also see that if he can unlock the thing the traps will become harmless also.

As he continues to look over the lock and chain it becomes apparent there are acctually four locks entwined as one, they must be opened in the proper order and failuar at anyone makes the rest unopenable.So with tools in hand he seta to work.In no time at all the halfling has blocked out everything else around him and he is focused entirely on the lock in front of him.

He approaches this task as he would if he was planning a military attack.When he sees the first move , he visulizes what that will acomplish, what that will leave and then what the next move would be.So as he works he is always one step ahead, at least that is what he hopes.The room seems very warm and he breaks out in a sweat fairly soon after he starts to work.He knows this lock if penatrable will take both patience and time, he knows he has the patience but do they have the time.As he works and time passes and the others run out of things to do he knows most eyes are on him.He is finding that he is having to use both hands to work this lock so as he sweats he can't wipe it off.

As he works he does here one of his companions say something about using a dispell magic or knock spell to open the door, he doubts a knock spell would work, but if he fails at opening the lock he will consider using a dispell magic.Ulthok will continue working on the lock untill he either opens it knows he has failed, sets off one of the traps, or is told to stop by Dru.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:30:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


A New Twist

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A New Twist
Posted on 3/15/2005 at 6:30:51 PM (CST)

Time with no end, questions with no answers, a Halfling Thief at work.

Cor hearing Conall’s words to him about what to do in the case of the Paladin’s death knew the words that needed to be said and without any hasitation on the dwarf’s part he gave the Paladin his thoughts.
The dwarf hoped they would be understood...

Alasdair heard the playful tone in Hawk's voice as both awaited Ulthok’s unlocking of the door.Trying to be uplifting he called out to the Halfling to hopefully let him know that the party was behind him. For now all that the Cavalier could do was wait. The mystery of the door was in the hands of Ulthok...

Hawk being the type to never stand still began a carefull search of the small room. Yet to his dismay nothing was there for him to find. It was his fate as all the party to have nothing to do but wait on Ulthok the Halfling clearly deep into his art and sweat clearly dripping. Would he be successful?...

Conall himself knew that to stand where he was might interfer with Ulthok’s skills quietly took a step back and to the side. As he did so he listened to the words of the Dwarf Cor’s response to his wishes.
He was more then ready to follow and rescue Haila but as with the rest awaited Ulthok’s opening of the door.He hoped it would be soon...

It had all come down to Ulthok and his skills. Would he could he get the party past this door.
The first lock was easy, a minor reverse type. The second was tougher yet too was he able to defeat it.
But the third and he could tell the fourth were mayhap beyond his skill but he would yet try. After 15 mins he had just barely gotten the third lock open before triggering the traps. But now he faced the fourth and last one unlike any before he had seen. A Moment to wipe the sweat from his eyes was a moment of luck as Ulthok saw the lock move.
At that moment Ulthok knew the lock was beyond him for without a doubt the lock was ALIVE!!...

Turning to the party and rising to his feet he told them of such. Not knowing what now to do he looked to the Lady Dru as he awaited her response...

Again it seemed the party faced a choice to attempt this lock or disregard it and leave. Yet what must be behind the door. What could be so valuable or powerful to warrant such a lock. Dare they leave it in enemy hands. Was the risk worth the reward if such it was. Or was this lock here to keep something in, something terrible. Unless the party found a way to open this lock the answers would never be known...

But was the answer worth the possible cost of gaining it......


(OOC: Yet Another Choice...will post Thursday as norm.
I have finally been in contact with Jinxsa and she still remains a player. She will hopefully be back to posting soon as her Dad slowly heals. So when she returns lets give a warm welcome back..See ya all Thursday…)


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:32:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


54

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Down and Back.
Posted on 3/16/2005 at 1:58:01 AM (CST)

Conall hearing the cry of warning from Ulthok sprang fourth and placed himself between this new enemy and Ulthok. For this was the purpose of a Paladin, was it not? “Out of harms way my friend. The steel of my blade may give no comfort agents an enemy such as this but my shield will be of some protection. Down! You enchanted lock of devils! Down and back to your door! There are none here you can do harm to. Down and Back I say!” Conall lashed out with his voice and words for as he stated before he felt the steel of his own sword would do little to no damage against this enchanted lock and chain of steel. It might also possibly draw the attention of the lock away from the others who might be able to do something more than just shout at it.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Precautions might be in order
Posted on 3/16/2005 at 3:56:06 AM (CST)



Cor watched as the thief struggled with the third lock. He was relieved when it fell, like two did before, harmlessly to the ground. His relief soon faded when he saw the fourth lock move of its own volition. Connal jumped forward in an attempt to help the thief if a trap had been sprung; lucky for all it had not. Cor looked to Lady Dru, "Must be something of great value behind there. Would seem a shame not to find out what; unless of course this lock was not meant to keep someone out but instead keep something in. Perhaps it would be best if some who are not needed here step out of the room incase there is a trap." Cor waited for an answer and as he did he spoke to the thief. "Well done lad. You seem to find it a bit hot in here no? Care ya for a pull from my wineskin ta help steady your nerves?" Once again there was nothing for the dwarf to do but wait.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

You ask, and it shall be done
Posted on 3/17/2005 at 11:56:05 PM (CST)

As I see that the moving lock in under capable hands, I took Cor advice and decide to head away from the door if Lady Dru says so.

Judging from the lock I was hoping this was a not a mystical creature I have heard about as a child, a being that Mimic other item to lure in the greedy, and then devour them whole, never to see the light again.

While outside the room, pull out my leather work tools and gather a much skins I can from the hell hounds to start to manufacture something that resemble hide armor. Knowing that I not going to finish it by the time he gets the lock done but a start is a start. Beside I think I might need some added protection from what lie ahead in this journey since all I have is the shirt on my back and the faith in my heart to keep me from return to mother earth in an untimely fashon.(plus the sword of my fellow soldier of course)

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

It's Alive
Posted on 3/18/2005 at 1:53:15 AM (CST)

Ulthok continued to work on the strange lock for what seemed like hours, but he knew it was not that long at first it seemed like his concentration and patience may pay off.Things were going fairly well he had managed to get the first lock undone and then the second one fell into place.He was sweating heavily as he finally got the third lock without setting off the trap as far as he could tell.The sweat was running down his face toomuch and bluring his vision so he took a moment to wipe it away and as he did he was astounded at what he saw the lock itself moved it was alive.

He at once stopped what he was doing backed away and quickly stood up.As he did both Conall and Cor moved in to help and protect the halfling.He moves to a point where he feels safe but can keep a close eye on the lock.Turning to Cor he readily accepts the dwarves offer and takes a nice pull on the skin that was offered handing it back he turns to the group.
I have got three of the four parts of this lock now in place but there is something very wrong here the lock is moving this thing is alive, and I am not sure because it is magic if I can finish opening it safly.A dispell magic as someone had mentioned may help but I don't know this is some very powerful magic.Dru my friend we need to choose what we do next carefully.


He then listens to what Dru says while he takes the time to cool down while she is asking the group for ideas and help Ulthok keeps his eyes focused on the lock at all times he watches it to see if he can gain any clues or ideas as to how this thing works.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

More than just a lock
Posted on 3/18/2005 at 1:56:21 AM (CST)



As was everyone else Dru was watching intently while Ulthok worked over the strange lock.She could feel his tension as it seemed the air was thick with it.The thief was very maticulis in his work, but as he worked she could see each part was taking longer than the one before when he suddenly stood up from his work and announced that this was no ordinary lock but he believed it was acctually alive, definitly it was magic, and was was asking what to do next.More deceisions that must be made and made fast.


One thing is certain whatever is behind that door they wanted to keep others away from.This could be for a number of reasons, and in her mind one of those reasons could be to keep a prisnor safely locked away.So she once more calls upon her fellow adventurers and their talents.

Hold for a moment Ulthok.Ok group I am open for suggestions, Something protected this well must be important maybe even where a prisnor may be being kept.Conall please try to see if you can determine any evil beyond.
Walking over to Alasdair she talks to him. Lord Alasdair if you could do whatever is within your power to let us know what you can about what is behind this door.
Turning back to the groupI am going to cast an Argury spell and ask what the consequence of trying to finish picking the lock might be.


Posted on 2006-09-29 at 22:34:19.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


The Next Move

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

The Next Move
Posted on 3/18/2005 at 4:42:08 PM (CST)


A door before them, a lock alive the party debated their next move...

Conall the Paladin he was took no chance’s placing himself between the party and the door. In a loud voice he made it plain that no lock would hurt any of them and made himself ready for battle. Sword drawn and ready...

Cor seeing the lock in a new light as Ulthok told them of its true nature, pondered the contents of that held inside. Offering the halfling a pull of his flask he praise’s him for a job well done.
Turning to Dru he makes her aware of his thoughts...

Af’til seeing no need for himself to be in the way moved out of the room as suggested. Once back among the dead Hellhounds he begins to carefully yet quickly remove from them their pelts.
A possible use for them envisioned in his mind...

Ulthok in some ways relived to be away from the door and lock and traps gladly partakes of The dwarf’s flask. As the fiery liquid travels down the halflings throat Ulthok cannot help but wonder what lies behind this door. In no way ashamed for finding a lock he could not pick the Thief/Mage turned and inquired of the lady Dru her next orders and feelings on the matter as it now stood...

Once again a choice for the party’s leader, the Lady Dru...

Voicing her thoughts of the room as a possible prison cage of an important prisoner she issues her first orders....

To Conall she asks of the Paladin a use of his Detect Evil ability to see if such lurks beyond the door...

To Alasdair aware of the uncomfortable feelings by some of his inherent psionics asks him calmly to use whatever ability he feels would aid them best at this time...

Then turning inward she herself casts an Augury to also mayhap gain answers to this door...

At first she gains nothing, no words or thoughts does she have. But finally as if far away she hears Great risk shall be there the rewards greater still
With this in mind she awaits the findings of the other’s...

A door yet faced, no move yet to open. Good or Evil inside none yet could say the party on hold for the moment...

OOC: Ok next Post Monday or Tuesday morn see ya then...


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:27:52.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


55

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Through the mind's eye.
Posted on 3/19/2005 at 1:22:21 AM (CST)

“Yes, Lady Drusilia.”

Conall held his hand up, open palm in the direction of the door. He reached back into his soul and made it open to the vision of his mind's eye. His thoughts began to concentrate on what was beyond the door. Evil or not, was the answer Conall was seeking.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Seeking and searching
Posted on 3/20/2005 at 1:58:09 PM (CST)

"Aye Lady Drusila, I can attempt to decern something of our current situation," replies Alasdair as he looks about the room and preceeds toward to door. Sheath his sword and setting down his shield, Alasdair removes his gaunlets and reach toward the lock with hands and mind.

His mind reaching out to both the door and what lay beyond, Alasdair was in deep concentration for he knew that they must find their missing comrade-in-arms, as well as, their charge soon or both might perish.

OOC: Alasdair will use the psionic powers of Heightened Senses, Detect Life and Contact.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

In his minds eye
Posted on 3/20/2005 at 3:02:54 PM (CST)

He gives the group all the information he has about what he has found while working on the magic lock.For the moment he stands aside,and while he does he enjoys a good drink of Cors' fierey drink,while Dru asks both Conall and Alasdair to try to gain her some insight.She herself is also going to try to learn what she might.

While all this new activity goes on around him Ulthok nevers takes his eyes off the living lock, watching for any clue that may help him if he needs to finish what he started.In his mind he goes over every move he made right from the start.He rethinks each and remembers what happened as he made each to see if there was something he might of missed, if there was a different way to unlock the lock that would not bring it to life.Maybe there was something he had missed.

After rethinking the entire process that he has used to get to where he now was with the lock, if he could not find any mistakes he made or any other route he might have taken, he tries to work forward.What should his next move be.He contemplates the idea of a dispel magic on the lock and decides to discuss it with the rest once Dru has the info she wants.For now hw waits.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

A peak into their future
Posted on 3/20/2005 at 3:32:10 PM (CST)

After asking the others to use their skills to gather some information for her Drusilia herself will try to get a quick look into the future if they continue to open the lock.

Moving to a fairly quite cornor of the room she prepares to cast an argury spell on herself with the question "What would be the outcome of continuing to open the lock".She knows that many times the answers she gets durning these spells is not always stright forward but will usually give her a good perspetive on what she wants to know.She casts her spell and goes into a trance.Her mind clear and blank at first she sees and hears nothing, but patience she has and finally at the cornor of her mind a answer starts to come forward.As usual it is not a dirsct answer to her question but she feels it's meaning is quite clear.She will tell the others what she has seen and tell them what she thinks it means.Then once she hears from the others her decision will they know.


Ok all my quest for answers is over and here is what I have been told.Now the answer is a little cryptic so I will tell it to you and see if we all agree on its meaning. "Great risk shall be there the rewards greater still" So everyone I want to here what all think and as soon as we here from Conall and Alasdair on their findings we shall make our next move.

Once finished speaking Dru moves across the room to stand beside Ulthok.She can tell he is intent on watching the lock.
My good Halfling I praise you for the great work you have preformed upon this most dasterdly of locks, but I must know from you if we decide to attempt to finish its' opening do you feel it can be done and our you willing to go forward.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

waiting for the next move
Posted on 3/23/2005 at 9:44:49 PM (CST)

After a disappointing search of the room. The ranger pulls his wineskin and takes a long swig.

Thinking about the living lock. He wonders aloud "perhaps it will open if we make it sneeze".

Hawk then calls:
"Everyone, this may sound as if I am touched, but what if I were to cast allergy field on the area around the lock. It is alive, perhaps the sneezing will open it. Even if only momentarily"

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

What's up Dru?
Posted on 3/24/2005 at 2:27:09 AM (CST)

When Dru moves to his side he listens to what she has to say, and at first is pleased by her compliment.Then she asks him of his willingness to proceed if called upon.

Lady! Anything may be accomplished if one has enough faith, skill, and time do we have all three right now I can't say about the time.To your other question I will not shame you with an answer as the question shames me for if you do not know the answer to that then I must of been slacking in my duties somewhere, for I swore an oath and from that you should know the answer.

When Hawk suggests that maybe they should try to make the lock sneeze at first it sounded rather absurd but the more he thought the more it seemed to have some possabilities.You know Dru the ranger may acctually have something there I don't see what it could really hurt to try, but of course the final say is yours.

Knowing he will probally be called upon to once again work on the living lock Ulthok again goes through his magic and probes his mind for any clues he may have seen while working on the lock but that may just not regestered in his mind as of yet.he knows he will probally try dispell magic before he works on yhe lock if called upon to.Yet he still waits for the others to answer Dru and for her to make a call.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

A Sneezing will we go?
Posted on 3/24/2005 at 2:56:59 AM (CST)

Dru is somewhat taken aback at Ulthoks retort to her simple question, for in no way was she questioning his loyality or commitment, she kind of shrugs it off as his high strung nature and the stress right now.

Even as she waits for the information she has asked for from Conall and Alasdair she has made up her mind to go for opening the lock, but as she always tries to do she will see if all agree.
I call upon us all what answers do you each have for me for we must move forward.My feel is that from my argury that we must move forward and attempt what we must to open yon lock so unless one among us is totally against this course of action I will call upon Hawk to be the first to try and see what happens with his unusual idea.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

There is always....
Posted on 3/24/2005 at 3:21:56 AM (CST)

Cor listened to all the talk around him pertaining to the lock. He himself had suggested using magic to open it. Then another brought forth another magical idea. Of course the master thief was steadying himself in case he had to attempt to pick the living lock. All these thing turned around in the dwarf's mind. Then he had one last idea.

"Lady Dru, I know it tis not often the best or most elegant method but there is always brute strength. Between the fighters here I dare say we could exert considerable force upon the door. Even magiced locks yield if pushed hard enough. There is some element of risk involved but if all else fails it may be our only choice.

His idea spoken, Cor once again waited quietly for the dcision to be made. He couldn't help but wonder what sort of thing would require such a lock


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:29:41.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


A Sneeze there shall be

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Sneeze there Shall Be
Posted on 3/25/2005 at 3:04:44 AM (CST)

The party a locked door still yet faced. Ideas from all quick in coming. One stranger then the rest...

Conall quick to follow Dru’s order and her relating of her Augury, used his ability of Detect Evil beyond the locked door. He was very surprised when it came back that no evil was there to detect.
The lock itself also was not evil but a creature doing the job it had been created to do. Turning to the Lady Dru he told of what he had not found...

Alasdair called upon to use his psychic powers once again did so without worry. He knew that if the rest of the party was uneasy yet still of them it was to their fault.
He had shown them before and as he would show them now that they were useful to the party...

Sending forth his powers of Contact, Detect Life and Heightened Sense’s he was quickly rewarded.
Before the party inside the room proper lurked two living things neither of which it seemed were moving around at all. The nature of this life was not at his power to learn but he was sure two did indeed exist.
He revealed his findings as such to the Lady Dru and the rest of the party. He awaited the next actions of all...

Ulthok not having faced a lock of this type before inward did he look. Had he done everything, was there not something he could yet do. Though he was not doubting himself his expression must of said as such to the lady Dru.
To his dismay she proposed at least to his mind that he had possibly lost his commitment or nerve. This was not so!!...

Replying to her concern he promptly made it clear that in no way had he had a loss of anything and ready was he to once again attempt the lock if needed to do so. He was still as good as he had been before this lock had appeared and would only get better. He knew there was no need for anyone to doubt him...

Dru having received from her Augury a very vague answer relayed it to the rest of the party. Moving to Ulthok she inquired of him if continuing his attempts to open the lock was worth the risk.
Somehow the Halfling seemed to take a whole different inference from her question. A little shocked she attempted to clear the air of this misunderstanding and after a moments discussion both once again felt at ease it seemed. No further comments about anyone’s bravery seemed needed...

It was here that the strangest of the members ideas come to the fore...

Hawk having looked and looked at this living lock had been hit by the silliest but possibly most unique of Ideas. As all living things are allergic to something why not this lock.?? Could they use his spell of Allergy Field to cause the lock to sneeze and in doing so cause it to open...
The rest of the party at first looked at him as if dazed but slowly the thought of what the Ranger had just proposed made sense. What could it hurt to at least try it...

Cor had his own idea’s as a dwarf would. If as a last resort should no idea work he proposed the use of brute force as there were many in the party of high strength.
His was a simple to the point approach as his kind where known for but a good idea in its way...

For if everything else did indeed fail what choice would then be left. The Cleric, a dwarf true awaited the results of Hawk’s Allergy Field spell...

Then it was time the Lady Dru having given the Ranger the go ahead. Some in the party surely thought it was a silly idea yet the thought of it working had them all on their toes. His mind focused the Elf cast the spell...

Almost at once the lock and members of the party including the Ranger himself began to sneeze as no one had left the room. Between the tears in his eyes he saw a sight he had hoped to see..

The lock was open!!.

Yet even better it no longer hung from the chain have fallen to the floor from the onset of the sneeze’s. For all of its humor the Ranger’s idea had worked...

Before the party a closed yet no longer living locked door. The question now what life and or treasure lay behind it...

The party was sure to find the answers to which was once the door was opened...

The only question now was who would go first...

OOC: Okay next Post Monday hopefully they won’t kill the phone system again. Sorry for the delay..
To Hawk great idea guy you get a bonus of 2000 exp. Keep it up everybody I am really enjoying your role play.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:30:45.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


56

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Well done
Posted on 3/25/2005 at 4:50:59 AM (CST)

Cor watched as the ranger cast his Allergy spell. Two thoughts crossed his mind; 'Hope it works' and 'Am I far enough away?'. To his delight and amazement the little lock sniffled once, then let loose a mighty sneeze. So forceful was the sneeze that it blew the lock clear off the chain!



"Bravo, well done! Cor said to his companion. "How long does that spell last? Would be prudunt to allow it to disappate before we venture near the door". Cor waited for a response and also for Lady Dru's direction as to which of them should open the door.



Cor moved close to the cavalier and spoke softly. "I don't know why ya keep up the pretense friend. There are naught amoung us who will judge you by talents possesed. It is clear that your perceptive abilities are 'aided' in some way. Why not trust your party and embrace your talents. Keeping secrets is taxing. Besides, I fear you are the only one who believes your abilities are a secret. I for one am glad you trvel with us and am greatful for your 'unique' view of the world."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Welcomed Support
Posted on 3/27/2005 at 7:07:15 AM (CST)

"Master Cor", replies Alasdair, "I have indeed begun trusting our party in the knowledge and use of my abilities. Like many others, I am sure that there yet remains a few mysteries," said with a wink and a smile. "I for one would love to know how Lady Halia and Drusilia remain so beautiful in such surroundings..."

With a more serious tone and a little more softly, "Honestly, though my earlier experiences have taught me to keep my talents to myself, I have begun to feel that this party of friends and adventurers can indeed be trusted and would not judge me or my talents falsely."

Then back to a more jovial tone, "Being able to read one's mind and complete their own sentences can lead to all sorts of problems." With a laugh, "Especially when playing a game of cards, though it does give one the edge, does it not?" continues Alasdair as he looks towards the lock and chain laying at the foot of yon door. "Me thinks it is time to search yonder room and see just what two creatures I've "read" are in the room.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Understood
Posted on 3/27/2005 at 11:40:01 AM (CST)

Cor listened to the answer given by Alasdair and nodded in agreement that indeed knowing too much about others could indeed cause issues. "As for our two ladies, I am not sure if it so much that they stay perfectly pristine as much as they simply smell and look better than the rest of us." cor ended with a wink. "You are also correct in that there are probably a few 'mysteries' yet to be solved amoung the party. I must say that never before have I traveled so long without a companion asking me about my lack of armor and seemingly minor wounds dispite my handicap." For just a moment, Cor fingered the signet ring on his left hand.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

itchy nose and watery eyes
Posted on 3/28/2005 at 4:48:48 AM (CST)

Hawk upon hearing Cor questions turns to him to reply

"Well my friend Cor, we have two choices. we can wait about 15 minutes for the field to disapate, or we cover our faces and move on through the field."

Turning to Dru, "I would say we move."

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Lets Sneeze On !
Posted on 3/29/2005 at 12:01:52 AM (CST)

Just like everyone else in the room Dru in the back of her mind felt the idea of making the lock sneeze to open was a little weird, but one thing she has learned in her travels never pass up any idea that might help no matter how strange. So she keeps her eyes on the lock as Hawk casts his spell. Like a couple of others in the room she does not back up far enough and she starts to sneeze. Keeping her eyes on the lock she is amazed as it reacts and opens up and falls to the floor the door is unlocked.


Wanting to not waste any more time Dru decides even though they will have to pass through the sneeze zone they will act at once.

“The door is unlocked all lets move. Everyone try to cover your mouth and nose as best as you can. Cor and Alasdair Please led us in. Ulthok and Conall go next and the rest of us in our normal order as close as we can.”
Once finished speaking Dru herself moves to her spot and at the same time pulls her hood up to employ the power of her robe.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A Leader with Imagination
Posted on 3/29/2005 at 12:04:15 AM (CST)

Dru had chosen their next corse of action and asked Hawk to employ his sneeze spell on the lock. Ulthok thought it was wonderful that their leader had the insight and was open enough to be able to consider every suggestion brought before her no matter how off the wall it might seem. Being both a wizard and thief he knew there was always more than one way to skin a animal, as the saying goes.Moving to a place in the room that he hopes is out of the field of sneezing dust. Keeping his eyes on the lock he awaits for Hawk to cast.


He is both amazed and delighted at what happens next. The living lock must have a few allergies, and with a violent sneeze it opens and falls off the chain and to the floor. The door is no longer locked. Ulthok is ready to move.


Their leader is also ready to move for as soon as the lock hits the floor Dru is giving orders as to their next move. Cor and Alasdair are going to open the door and led them in Conall and himself will follow next with the rest of them right behind. He prepares himself for whatever might come next with his sword in hand he falls in with Conall behind Cor and Alasdair.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:32:11.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


A Room full of Night

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Room full of Night
Posted on 3/29/2005 at 5:11:23 AM (CST)

A Living Lock opened. A door to move through and a room ready to be entered. The party of two life forms aware, Evil or Good members Beware....

Cor was surprised yet happy to see the Ranger's idea had worked and congratulated the elf as such.
Then moving over to Alasdair he spoke briefly about the Cavaliers psionic powers. Telling that such was no real worry to any in the party and that glad was he that Alasdair was among them. Then in yet a thoughtful mode he expressed his wonder that at no time had any of the others asked about his lack of Armor.

Did they not worry that his non-Armored dwarven butt would be killed or were they so confident in his ability to survive they gave it not a thought. Cor himself surely did not know but if it was brought up he then would deal with it, for now a new room was to be entered...

Alasdair listened again to the dwarf’s words and was gladdened by them. He too felt it as true that here was a party he could call friends. His powers out in the open yet none had really confronted him over them. The dwarf surely was correct that he was needed.

So telling the dwarf of this in a serious yet humorous tone he shows his acceptance of them and that he is glad to be among them also...

Hawk seeing that the lock was now open and not in the least bit surprised it seems turns to the Lady Dru. Asking her if they should wait or enter now as the Allergy Field is and will be active for a short while yet. In his opinion they should move now. His thoughts spoken he awaits Dru’s decision...

Dru once again hesitates not and orders the party into the room. First through the door will be Cor and Alasdair behind them Ulthok and Conall. Her voice is firm and very clear no argument will she accept as to who goes into the room and in what order...

Ulthok has but a short moment of satisfaction at seeing the living lock open and lying upon the floor before he is ordered by the Lady Dru into position. Moving quickly he is ready as the party finally enters the room...

Cor and Alasdair move into the room fast, one to the right, the other left, the room so cloaked in darkness the Cavalier almost totally blind due to the lack of non-Human sight. His feet entangled by a medium sized chest he crashes to lay sprawled atop it...

Cor born with the favor to his race of infravision, see’s and avoids yet a second chest placed as that of the first, which Alasdair now lies upon. His eyes on the move he finds the room is 20x20 and dark as night to any without the blessing of infravision. He knows at once that only a spell of magic can make such so.

His eyes find yet 3 more chests and a form in front of the center one which is clearly that of a man-sized creature. Moving quickly closer his sight still intact the creature he gazes upon appears to be Human and is tightly bound with rope and gagged into silence.

The man’s eyes seem scared almost desperate yet glad in a way to see the Dwarf his head moving in such a way as if trying to warn.
Cor not knowing what is meant pause’s slightly to gaze yet again around the room. For did not the Cavalier say two of life had he detected??.

Cor went to kneel by the man intending to free him from his bonds,and it was here that the second life form clearly made itself known as the center chest moved to engulf the Cleric.
The bound man clearly knew this was to happen as with a seemingly super human effort using his body shoved the dwarf out of the chests way only to find himself engulfed instead...

Both Conall and Ulthok second into the room underwent a similar happening as those before...

The Paladin as blind as the Cavalier before him was unable to see the small size of the room and as such crashed into the dwarven Cleric thus entangling them both for the moment. It was only Ulthok alone who witnessed the happenings of such and would be able to act...

But could he in time the Halfling knew it was only a matter of minutes before the captive man would die. He moved in the only one able to act...

A room finally entered 5 chests were there to find, 4 normal medium sized a 5th large and alive.
A stranger in peril only a halfling able to act, minutes only left to him to decide......

OOC: Ok everyone will post as norm on Thursday this is Rd 1 only Ulthok may act this Rd as far as attacking or getting a spell off.
If he survives this will be the new guy Olbaid the Wise. Welcome aboard my friend... 


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:42:41.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


57

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

through the field, and into the night
Posted on 3/29/2005 at 4:16:21 PM (CST)

Hawk pulls his cloak close to his face, draws his longsword, and moves into his appointed place. Purposely slowing his breathing to help avoid the effects of the allergy field, the ranger moves into field.

His thoughts in an spin,
Have we wasted to much time? Is Haila still alive? Will we be too late?

"Now is not the time to lose sight" he says to himself, in an attempt to regain control of his thoughts.

He moves forward into the darkness.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

How did I get here?
Posted on 3/30/2005 at 11:57:59 PM (CST)

Conall thought to himself, “How did I find myself face down and in the dark? No time to answer questions now.” Conall picks himself up and calls back to the rest of the party, “Light! We require light.”

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Dispel it All
Posted on 4/1/2005 at 12:21:52 AM (CST)

Falling into line as ordered Ulthok follows Cor and Alasdair into the now open room. First he hears a crash and as he looks sees Alasdair stumble over the first chest in the room and fall over it. The room was unnaturally dark and the humans could not see .Entering with Conall who also could not see thus saw not what was unfolding right in front of him stumbled into Cor who had just seconds before been pushed back by a gaged and bound figure who had now been swallowed by a **#@*## Treasure Chest, was nothing around here as it appeared.

Ulthoks brain was in high gear he knew he had to act and fast if was to save the stranger who it seemed may have keep Cor from what was now his fate. He thinks quickly about what has been happening so far a magical living lock, some type of magical darkness, now a treasure chest that is either also magical and alive, or some type of creature that can take form of any object which Ulthok did not know. He did not think he should attack it with his sword he thought maybe he would hurt whoever it was that was now inside if he stabbed into the thing. He also did not think he could or should approach the chest to attempt to open it as a thief one reason if the locks were complicated he would not have the time and second the thing may be able to engulf him also.

So he does the only thing that he feels he can at this point with so much magic around he decides to try to dispell as much of it as he can, maybe this will help the poor fellow maybe not, or it may at least dispell this darkness so the others in the room can see and maybe be enough time for someone else to help if this does not work. Casting his spell with the living chest at the center Ulthok prepares for what might happen next.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Falling In line
Posted on 4/1/2005 at 3:57:20 AM (CST)

Following everyone else’s leaded, I stop my task at hand out in the main room to enter the room which seem to make everyone all teary eyed and sneezy with my cloak pulled high and my mace in hand. I put my self in my usually spot and wait for my turn for my chance to enter the room. But to my surprise I was block by my fellow comrade leaning on top of wooded objects. With a little jolly laugh I said “I see you are reacquainting yourself with your long lost treasure chest, don’t forget to give it a few hug and kisses for me.”

I thought to my self it has been a while since we found one of these. Wonder what in it. Then my attention switches to the movement in the room. It was a Dwarf eating chest thingy which seems to be hungry now as it reaches out for the dwarf. It then ate the man that appeared in Cor place. Maybe it will spit the guy out because it didn’t get the dwarf, maybe it don’t like men, that would explain why it didn’t eat the guy before we got here. I wonder if it like Elves as well?? Since i can't get to the man yet i will ready for my offensive plan to hurt the chest but not the man, when the Opportunity present itself.

Mottle 2h
Newbie
Posts: 4
Reply | Edit

Visions in the Dark
Posted on 4/3/2005 at 6:09:12 PM (CST)

OOC: OK everyone as Mottle is cut off from direct access to the Inn I have created Mottle 2h.Between Kyle and I we will be receiving his posts through email from Iraq and to make it easier on the party to know it is Mottle I decided to do it this way.Lets hope this works.
Here then is his post.....


Cor entered the room and as his vision slipped from normal to infravision he saw his companion trip over a chest. Next he saw a man, bound and gagged, on the floor in front of him. For some unknown reason, all Cor's training escaped him and his compassion led him to attempt to help the fellow.
As he did, the seemingly ungrateful man actually shoved him out of the way. Only then did the dwarf notice that the chest had engulfed the poor man did he finally understand. "Mimmic!"

Cor yelled hoping to alert his companions, many of whom would be unable to see in the dark, of the new danger. Cor rose to his feet and drew his trusted hammer. Round one may have gone to the beast but next round it would receive two nasty hammer blows as its reward for attempting to eat a war-cleric of Odin.
'Just as well for it that it didn't eat me, dwarves cause horrendous gas' he thought to himself. Guess we figured out what the second lifeform was....


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:44:32.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Darkness Falls

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Darkness Falls
Posted on 4/5/2005 at 3:53:57 AM (CST)

A room before them. a darkness of Magic laid within. Party members blind, a halfling at the fore...

Hawk knowing the after effects of his Allergy spell quickly pulls close his cloak and makes ready to enter the room. The darkness of no concern as he too has the benefit of Infravision.

The scene before him confused yet a danger clearly there was for a Mimic was attempting to devour a man shaped creature. His Longsword in hand the elvin Ranger moved forward to the attack....

Conall having no sight, yet his hearing still intact could clearly hear that someone was in danger. Attempting to untangle himself from Cor was no easy thing to do while blind but somehow the Paladin did just that.

Knowing without light any such as he without Infravision were useless he called back for anyone to bring forth light.
Then if as a sign from his God his sight restored he once again could see. The darkness no longer having hold.
Before him a chest, a man it seemed devoured inside it, a round to ready himself for action...

Ulthok knew it was up to him to help save the man. Yet what could he do without possible harm to not just the Mimic but the man also.

Then Conall's cry gave him his path and the Halfling sent forth from his lips the spell of Dispel Magic.
At once the Magic of the dark was gone and normal shadow returned Infravision or not all the party now could see once again....

Af’til seeing no way to help anyone this round moved into the room and made ready for the next his mace in hand he watched and waited his turn would come soon....

Cor finally untangled from the large body of Conall moved to be ready to attack the Mimic next round for without a doubt that was what the monster before them was.

Its size larger then any the Dwarf before had seen told him yet again the party faced the threat of a different kind of magic, already hinted to them by the caverns walls.
His Warhammer to hand he moved in quickly to be ready next round to attack....

A Mimic in control of a person’s life, larger then any should be. A man clearly without air desperate in his struggles to escape. His life measured only in moments a party of good souls his only hope....

The cloak yet ticks....

OOC: Ok here's the new post as for when I will post next if you have not already done so please reference the Q/A thread for details under the Heading A Game Update. Have a great week all


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:46:00.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


58

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Let there be light
Posted on 4/6/2005 at 2:07:50 AM (CST)

Knowing full well the direness of the situation, Alasdair exclaims, "Ye should not be feeding on such a feeble morsel as that," indicating towards the trapped man. "Especially when there is better food to be found," cries Alasdair as he regains his footing and moves forward sword in hand, but lowered.

OOC: Alasdair will seek to see if the creature understood him and will also use the psionic powers of Contact and Aversion to plant the thought that his current victim tastes "really bad" and should be spit out.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Unwelcome gust for dinner…
Posted on 4/6/2005 at 5:51:03 PM (CST)

‘Ah, the use of my eyes once more.’ Conall regaining his feet and in doing so sees Cor regain his, “Not me Cor. The chest of gold that is alive and feeding. By the looks and sound of it doing a find job at both, for the present time. Let us disturb his meal, shall we?” Conall knowing the sharp side of the sword could hurt that which is inside will use the side of the blade, for the first round at least. Perhaps as seconds roll on he will find a need for more drastic measures.

Mottle 2h
Newbie
Posts: 4
Reply | Edit

REarkness Falls
Posted on 4/7/2005 at 12:56:41 AM (CST)

Cor disengaged himself from the tangle of body parts that was Conall.

"Boy ya needs to lose some weight" he said as he finally broke free. He readied his hammer for attack.

"Tis a big one it tis, Must be something in the water." he thought. As he pondered what could be in the other chests as well as what other surprises were in store for them. "With our luck that nice man will end up a lycanthrope using a mimic as a ruse"

He quickly dismissed such useless thoughts and focused on saving the engulfed man....

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

stop mimicing me
Posted on 4/9/2005 at 12:14:46 PM (CST)

As the ranger enters the room, he sees the severity of the situation at hand.

Hawk moves forward, drawing his swords, to take up position. Hearing Cor's remark about the possibility of the man being a lycanthrope, he has to laugh."Only a lycanthrope Cor? I would have thought a polymorphed dragon at least" he says in jest.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Mimic me.
Posted on 4/10/2005 at 1:57:32 PM (CST)

Being slightly behind the first groups to enter the new room Dru at first hears some loud clanking and crashing sounds along with some words seems like it is very dark up ahead.Must be a magical darkness she hears.Pushing forward some to try to get a look at what is going on up ahead.She hears talk of a man being swallowed by a mimic or something.As an elf she can see in the dark but as she approaches the darkness fades and light returns.She can tell there are five of the best now confronting this new threat so she will position herself at the door and keep a watch for other problems as long as it looks like the 5 can handle the mimic.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Spit him out you creep.
Posted on 4/10/2005 at 6:41:22 PM (CST)

Being able to see in the dark Ulthok could see what was happening and the supposed chest swallow the bound man.He knows there will not be much time but he wants help, so the first thing he does is dispell the darkness now everyone who is in the room can now see.Now there are 4 others besides himself to try to help the poor guy who has been swallowed.


He racks his brain what can he do that might get the mimic, as he heard someone call it, to release the man he doesn't want to stab it with his sword that might hurt the man inside.This thing still looks like a chest I think so what might make it regurgatate its victim since the thing does not seem to have a head Ulthok decides he can't choke it or try hitting it in the stomach area so he will try to hurt it by burning it slightly.


Putting his hands togeather as it is called for with the thumbs touching he starts the verbal part of his spell as he moves to within 5ft of the thing he cast burning hands on the mimic chest thing.He hopes maybe the pain of the burn may make it dislodge its victim.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

first a lock, now a living chest too.
Posted on 4/10/2005 at 8:16:46 PM (CST)

As the five battle the living chest I set my self in defense of the rear, and guard in from other surpise that my lie ahead.

Or it what lie behind since I in the back. As it would be hard for me to strike through five other being to get to the chest I would let them take care of it. But i do need to said it a wonderful looking chest, don't you think so. Such a shame we have to destroy it. And if they slay the monster I may be able to assist the man inside if he indeed surive the belly of the beast.

Kiya
Newbie
Posts: 4
Reply | Edit

Somewhere Else.
Posted on 4/11/2005 at 1:39:39 AM (CST)

Althena was worried they had not come to question her in hours thoughts of why ran through her mind.
Had they somehow finally got the location, had they pried it from her mind without her knowing it??.
There was no way for her to know.

As she worried she could not help but be glad in a way for the time left alone so as she could heal a little bit using her last bits of energy.

Feeling a little better she was startled when the door to the cell room was smashed open. In came two of the half breed Gnolls she had seen before between them they held a women clearly unconscious but not in any way bound. Moving roughly the two creatures without it seemed a care in the world threw the women into the cell next to her.

Althena took a long look at the clearly human women.

She seemed to be about 5’0" feet in height with wheat colored hair inlaid with gold accents. On her body was worn chain mail in good condition why they had not taken it was strange maybe no time??.
It seemed to Althena that she was a fighter or something close. But she could not help but wonder who she was.

She caught the two half Gnolls talking about some type of Rats poison inside this women that had caused her capture to be easy. But that the `Boss` had healed her of it so as she would not die before interrogation as they left the room.

All Althena could do was hope the women would wake up and tell her what was going on. She hoped and yet dreaded the truth of it for surely she was of Alasdair's Band. Were they all dead was hope of rescue lost only the women lying for now on the floor of the next cell could answer that…..Althena waited....

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

ow. i knew i hated rats for a reason
Posted on 4/11/2005 at 2:31:55 AM (CST)

Haila swam to conciousness a little bit at a time. She kept her eyes closed and her breathing soft and shallow. She desperately tried not to analyse the particularily nasty taste in her mouth. As bits of her higher brain function returned she realized there was a feeling of hollowness. A big huge empty void. Never in all her life had she felt like this. All cold in her middle and alone. She remembers the blury outline of herself attacking a giant. Not herself Her Twin. Taila . She was gone. So consuming was the pain and sorrow and loss she couldn't even breathe. She shook and drew her knees to her chest hoping to put enough pressure against the empty place in her heart. A soft word drifted from behind her. Haila didn't move. The soft voice became more insitant. Pushing away the deeper pain she knew she would never lose she realized thatNiamedris was still out there. Far enough she couldn't find him but near enough to know he wasn't alone. Thw wound in her heart still bled but the knowledge her familiar lived helped Haila continue.

The little mage rolled over onto her side. Truthfully she felt better than she had since this whole thing started. But it may fool anyone watching that she was still hurt. The mage had a sudden urge to say if dwarves cause gas it was due to all thier hot air, but she was pretty sure that was the concussion talking. She roled to a sitting position leaning against the bars of a cage. Across from her was a lady with red hair dries streaks of blood matted the tendrils that framed her face. The tips of her ears pointed through the messy locks. Her lips were swollen where they weren't broken and bloody. Her cheek bore cuts and bruises. No doubt she was a fine lady but at the moment she looked like a tavern wench who got caught stealing.

Glancing around the room she saw an unoccupied cage across from thiers. 2 torches that gave off a pretty decent amount of light. No one else was in the room. With years of practice she listened for the guards outside the door. Scuffles and harsh gutteral sounds told her the 2 prisoners weren't alone. No bags, no weapons lay around the cages. No spell components at hand.Haila was half tempted to see what kinda spells she could cook up with earwax and threads of her tunic.

Finding nothing constructive to do she decided to talk to her neighbor.

"Althena" It wasn't a question but the red haired Valar took it as one and inclined her head wincing slightly in pain. Haila didn't know how to react this was the person she was sent to find. Because of her she was ripped out of her own life and sent through a really, really bad couple of days. Because of her her twin was dead. Suddenly the bruises didn't seem so serious. She would have never had to ride the damn chicken horses. She would have never met Hawk....At'fil, Casiar, ...Dru,...Ulthok, Alisdair ...Cor, or Connal. Sighing the bruises looked a bit worse again.

She tried to focus on the matter at hand. She took in all the sight and wonderful odors of the jail. "This looks like fun. I suppose we can be overheard here. Can you tell me anything about why you are here-hell, why I am here? How long we have to be here? Wanna share who the guy is behind all this and how he got all these types of nasties behind him? Looks like we have nothing but time here. The only thing I don't wanna know is whats making that smell."


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:48:06.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


A Fight in the Dark

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Fight in the Dark
Posted on 4/11/2005 at 2:57:58 AM (CST)

Alasdair knew the man in the belly of the Mimic would die if not released quickly. Knowing to strike at it would harm the person inside the Cavalier once again called upon his psionic powers for aid.

Contact was easy the Mimic’s mind in no way shielded. Then the Aversion struck and the Mimic again with no way to shield itself found the trapped man disgusting and at once spit him out.

The Mimic now alone was up for grabs.....

Conall’s plan at first had been to use the side of his blade to strike the creature without harming the man inside. But with the man clearly free it was now open to normal attack.

The Paladin did so his attacks on target but no creature death was yet caused. The Mimic realizing it was in grave danger tried to slink away but there was nowhere for it go just a wall before and death at its back....

Cor finally free and able to act did so seeing that restraint was no longer called for his hammer did he lash out in hard attacks. Both strikes true and damage dealt yet the creature still would not die was it somehow protected?? If it still lived after this round it would surely die the next...

Hawk too was able to see the Mimic was now fair game his attacks were split a hit yet also a miss the Mimic yet still alive.!!
Could it truly be taking the damage or was it all for nothing one could only hope it was even killable...

Dru knew that to try to enter the room was pointless as 5 of the party were already inside. All she could really do was watch and wait giving any form of support asked for. Her mind moving already onward to the next task..The contents of the chests...

Af’til as with the Lady Dru knew it was not wise to enter the room as he did not want to crowd the others. So glancing at the Lady he took up a rear guard position and awaited a call for his aid in battle or in healing...

It had once again it seemed come down to a Halfling thief to possibly save the day.

Ulthok saw the Mimic release the man from its gullet and wished to use another spell but to lose this spell and cast anew would take time. He pressed forward his hands aflame the spell of Burning Hands cast.
His hands upon the Mimic’s skin, the flame and damage done, a Mimic now before the party dead...

The room finally clear or so it seemed, a man upon the floor apparently out cold. A room full of chests, the contents yet hidden within...

Time for a thief to once again get back to work...

SOMEWHERE ELSE YET NEAR...

She awoke to find herself a captive, yet had managed to find that which the party sought.
A Sister dead, a Familiar missing, herself locked in a cage for the moment.

Her name was Haila Torran Fighter/Mage and she was not about to give in again.
The next time she would fight...

(OOC: As you can tell we are blessed with the return of Haila long may she remain.
Next post Sunday gang And it was nice to see everyone post Also Mottle has access once again and will post himself until he losses it again)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:49:28.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


59

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

One Dead Mimic
Posted on 4/12/2005 at 11:12:43 PM (CST)

At first she was not sure they were going to finish the mimic off it seemed to be taking a lot of damage, then finally with flamming hands Ulthok managed to finish it off.


As soon as it was finished off Dru started to try to get things in order with some commands.

Af'til as the cleric would you move in and with Cor check on the guy that the mimic just spit out.
I would like Ulthok to check each chest for danger as is usual and then attempt to open them.Alasdair and Conall please stand guard one to each side of the chests, and Hawk and myself will be checking for anything concelled or secret doors.Lets work quickly and see if we can find out what they where protecting here.



Once done issuing commands she sets to doing what she said starting at once inside the door to the right and working down the wall to the cornor and then on the next wall.She asks Hawk

Would you start at the door with me and work in the other direction till we meet.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Pick this Pick that pick a peck of ...
Posted on 4/13/2005 at 12:00:39 AM (CST)

Watching as Cor and the others battle with the mimic he found it hard to belive how much damage the thing seemed to be taking.Moving forward as he casts his spell he finally lays his burning hands upon the mimic and at last it was dead.


As soon as it was dead Ulthok started toward the man it spit out when Dru issued out her orders.Af'til and Cor where going to take care of the new man while he starts working on the four other chests that were in the room.As everyone gets busy doing what Dru had asked he moves to the chest closest to the door they came in.


Gathering all his tools togeather that he uses for both trap detecting and for picking locks the little thief gets busy.Checking all around the top of the chest along the seperation area where it will open and paying special attention to the lock area itself he looks for traps.He will also check along the bottom where the chest meets the floor just in case he wants to move the thing.


He decides that before he opens any one of the chests he will check them all for any danger and traps first.So moving from the one closest to the door he moves down the line preforming the same checks for traps on each chest in order.He knows they are trying not to waste time, but Ulthok does his job in the only way he knows how and he checks each untill he is satisfied they offer up no danger to himself or the others.


If he finds that any one of the chests has a trap or is traped in any way once he is finished checking them he moves on to start disarming them of course if there are any traps Ulthok will disarm it in the same manner he uses to check them.Then if there were any traps and he is able to disarm them he then moves on to pick each lock.


Once again starting with the chest nearest the door he attempts to unlock it.Getting down so he can look into the locking mechanisims he inserts his pick.Then using his mirror to be able to see better and deeper into the lock he sets to work.He works untill he gets it open(if he does)he will open and look into the first one.


He will look through the contents and then move to the next one in line doing the same thing as long as all goes well and he can get each open.


[ When he opens a chest he will look through the contents and tell Dru what he has found, to a point if he sees any jewerly, gems, or the like he will be silent about these things at first. hehe

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Attending to the injured
Posted on 4/13/2005 at 12:18:38 PM (CST)



Cor shook his head as once again it was spells not strength that brought a foe to its knees. (metaphorically of course as mimics don't have knees, unless of course they are mimicing something that has knees then it would have knees; of course mimicing a chest it didn't so it doesn't but anyway...) 'Perhaps I need to pay more attention to casting' he thought to himself. He heard Dru's instructions and so he moved to the poor fellow to offer any needed aid.

"Twas a well placed and dare I say lucky shot ya got on me. Not easy to knock a dwarf off balance. Are ya injured in any way? I can offer some healing if needed. Of course ya have ta promise ta hold really still whilst I swing my hammer." Cor watched with a twinkle in his eye as he waited for the response. Only a dwarven war cleric would have a hammer strike as the physical component of a healing spell.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Is it not strange how the mind works…
Posted on 4/13/2005 at 1:42:40 PM (CST)

The flash of Ulthok’s spell jarred the mind of Conall. Then with a sense of urgency in his voice, “Ulthok, you are wise in the was of mage. Tell me if a wizard takes an animal companion and the wizard is then killed will the animal companion die also? Or at least show signs of its loose of the wizard.”

Then getting commands from the lady Drusilia puts his teeth together and stands guard mind still racing.

He takes a slight chuckle at Cor’s bedside manner to the newcomer and then his mind is off once more… ‘If I find the cat that was with Haila and it showed no signs of life then Haila would also be… No I will not think that way. The cat is alive and is just in some shadowy place right now. Her backpack! She usually drops that before going into battle like most of use only to return to retrieve it after the battle. But all that was gathered up and moved out of the way. Perhaps At’til or Hawk can aid me in the finding of… Niam… Nine… Moris… oh what was that cat’s name or was that the dog. Ahh, I cannot keep such things straight. Well perhaps we can find it and if need be I will take care of it… not that it would need any taking care of. It seemed to be able to handle itself well enough with out me trying to do so’

Then Conall put his mind back to the task at hand. Stand and guard until sword is required or until it is time to move on.

Kiya
Newbie
Posts: 4
Reply | Edit

Somewhere Else Again
Posted on 4/14/2005 at 3:46:29 AM (CST)

Althena had quietly watched as the Half Gnolls threw the women into the cell. At first she stayed quiet not knowing if the women was conscious or still out cold. But a slight movement on the women’s part made up her mind.

Quietly yet loud enough for the women to hear she tried to gain her attention. When finally the women rolled over and sat up Althena almost passed out from relief. The women's first word Althena caught her slightly off guard for a moment but the fact that she knew her name and the thought that she was this women’s goal confirmed she was a member of Alasdair’s party. A quick nod to confirm that she indeed was her and then the women’s questions began in ernest.

"I will tell you what I can I am Althena Sunblayze a ward of the Court of Shanntara. I am the last of my race a Valar, my great great Grandfather was Allanon the Wizard. I have lived for 450 years to date. I am here because I posses knowledge that the Dark King come again seeks. That is why the forces here have gathered and follow a minion of his a Shadow Wraith.
The rest of this tale must wait for I will speak of it no more but I wish to know is your party destroyed. ? Are you the last of that party.? And if still alive is your leader Alasdair ok.? Please tell me I must know."

As she held her breath awaiting this women's name and answers she hoped that answer she wished most of all to be answered would be answered to her liking. Was Alasdair the party's clear leader yet Alive....

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

New Comer, friend or foe?
Posted on 4/14/2005 at 6:58:28 PM (CST)

Upon seeing the man spit out from the Mimic, Alasdair moved to assist, intent upon trying to see what you could do for the man before him. Kneeling down beside the fellow, he disregarded Lady Dru's request to stand guard, for he already knowing that the room contacted nothing else alive to threaten his party.

"Conall, I am but am swords' length from thee, should ye need any assistance with yonder chests or what they may yet contain," said Alasdair with a quick glance to Lady Dru making sure she had no complaints concerning his actions.

Shifting aside as Af'til approached, "Might need both of our help, for who knows what had already befell him prior to our arrival," Alasdair offers. Thusly he welcomed Af'til's assistance in looking after the man's physical injuries and stretched out his own mind to see what damage the man might have received and to determine if they needed to be wary of the man when he awoke.

OOC: Alasdair will use the psionic powers of Contact, Probe and Psychic Surgery as needed.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

On Guard.
Posted on 4/15/2005 at 12:19:15 PM (CST)

Conall acknowledge Alasdair and was ready to assist him if the man were to suddenly awake and find Alasdair tromping through his mind. Conall and Alasdair had become friends. Conall had no fear of Alasdair’s gift. Others on the other hand who did not know Alasdair might not have the same feelings toward the use of such gifts. No matter how dire the situation might be.

Conall did not have the time or the protection at the moment to stretch out his mind to see if this person who required aid was evil or not. Conall would see to that later, when time and circumstance permitted it.

Conall also kept his ears and eyes open for any sign of the missing cat that was held so dear by the lady Haila. Conall stood at the ready.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

How Familiar are they.
Posted on 4/16/2005 at 6:07:18 AM (CST)

As he goes about the business at hand Ulthok keeps an ear open to what is happening around him.He listens to Conall ask about the relationship between a mage and their familiar.

You do have an idea there my friend Conall.I do know that if a mages familar dies the mage has a chance of also dying,depending on their constatation now I am not quit sure if the reverse is true.I do know however that the bond between the two is very strong and one can communicate with each other up to a mile.So finding Halias cat could led us to her if she is communicating with it.

Turning back to the task at hand he also hears a comment about maybe needing help with opening and checking the contents of the chests.

Lady Dru if you would like to send someone over here with me they can check out these chests when I am done with each one and have it open.


With that he goes back to what he was doing

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

wow....that was really unpointy
Posted on 4/16/2005 at 2:27:43 PM (CST)

"Yes, no and what the?" Haila shook her head and stood up trying to look into the empty cell. She was quiet for a moment looking between the bars. Shaking her head slightly she turned and leaned her back against the front of the cage. She looked down at the Valar wondering how a 450 year old could manage to think a few sentences she told her had...well point.

Reviewing the whole speech in her head again Haila decided it was, in fact, wholely unpointy. "My friends are out there last I knew all of them were. You really need to tell me a bit more here. There is a big scary bad thing out there, Great. Good to know. It however really doesn't unlock the cage or tell me how many guards you see when they open the door. It doesn't tell me the name or species to the guy who.." Haila gestured to her own face, "makes you walk into doors repeatedly. In order to this really Big Bad we need to be not here." The mage touched the bar to the cage. "So lets I don't know....start with that."

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Man on the rise
Posted on 4/17/2005 at 2:08:20 AM (CST)

As the man lay there on the floor seemly unconscious, I welcome the aid of our friendly and noble cavalier to help determine if we should bind and tie him up after healing or welcome him back the world free people. As a kneeled there a closely examine the man, to determine his injury now and past one, anything to give me an idea where he came from (type of clothes, generitic traits, markings, race etc…), and anything that can give me an idea of what he capable of doing (what class etc by the condition of his body, muscled built for speed or power, tools if he has any, smell of spell components etc. ).

After the examine i will to my best to bring him back to a state of being helpful to us, may he be friend or foe. If totally friendly to us and with Dru willing it, i will treat him as i wounld a member in regard of healing to perfect his normity (bring him close to full a i can get), nothing more till his motive become clear.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

here secret door, secret door
Posted on 4/17/2005 at 2:27:09 PM (CST)

"Of course Lady dru" Hawk replies to her request.
The ranger sheaths his longsword, keeping his short sword ready.

He joins Dru at the doorway and begins searching the walls in one direction as Dru heads in the other.

Carefully looking and feeling the walls as he goes, hoping to find something, some continuation of their path.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:51:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


A Room of Chests

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Room of Chests
Posted on 4/17/2005 at 8:22:18 PM (CST)

The party a treasure room found, 4 chests before then all with lids down. A Thief ready to go to work...

The Lady Drusilia was ready with her orders and not a moment did she hesitate.
Calling for Conall and Alasdair to stand guard she motioned to Hawk to start looking around both this room and the Hellhound area for any secret doors. As Hawk checked the chest room she moved back to check the other.
Almost at once a door did she find hidden in the eastern part of the room on the south wall. Its signs of heavy traffic and skid marks on the floor making it secret not at all. A Thief did she need...

Cesair knowing that Ulthok was busy with the chests and seeing that the Lady Dru had found a door, found himself needed once more.
Moving in front of the Lady he went to work...

Cor per Dru’s request of his aid to the bound man moved quickly to the man’s side. The man was breathing hard as the gag came out and his eyes were wild.]

"You must save her, I do not have very long the feed they put inside me for that thing is killing me quickly. Know that there are others of our company here also they brought us along as food."

A fit of coughing racks his body and blood begins to flow from mouth and nose.

"Please save her she is our only hope".

A last hard grip, another fit of coughing, more blood and then he is gone. A greenish seemingly alive slime exiting his right ear.

The dwarf Cleric can clearly see that the slime is indeed alive but is it dangerous the question needed to be answered...

Conall knowing that battle was for the moment done took up a position of guard.
His curiosity getting the best of him poses a valid question about the nature of Mages and Familiars. Can one live without the other and could Haila’s cat if found lead the party to her. Hearing Ulthoks reply decides him that his task other then as perceived by the Lady Dru will be to find Haila’s strange cat. But not knowing how he reflects on his new task his mind alert to danger yet thinking ahead...

Alasdair hearing Dru’s orders feels he would be more useful in using his abilities to help Cor heal the man before them. But to his shock through his powers of Contact and Probe he finds before him a man near death, his insides gutted and eaten by something. No healing Psionic or magical would help this man.
He was dead but for the dying so leaning back he watched the Dwarf work in vane...

Af’til watched as both Cor and Alasdair went to help the bound man. He stood a little back so as not to crowd them yet ready to help if he was needed.
As he stood ready he pondered the man himself. Would he be friend or foe?, would they have to rebind him or could he be yet another ally to help them find the missing Lady Althena.
His uniform clearly showed him to be a guardsmen in the service of Shanntara. To the Ranger/Cleric it was a good guess he was a member of the force stationed at the Monastery to guard her.
But was he Soldier, Mage, Cleric or another. His class hard to judge as the man was now.

But the point quickly became irrelevant as the man with a rush of blood pouring from him and greenish slime exiting his ear died. Af’til could do nothing but watch...

Hawk was on the move checking walls and corners as soon as the Lady Dru had asked of him such. But once again to his disappointment nothing did he find. Finding that Drusilia had moved out into the larger room he followed to see her discover a very poorly hidden secret door.

He moved to cover both the Lady and Cesair as the Gnome went to work checking and unlocking the door.
His sense’s on alert he could smell the rotting of the dead bodies and knew the party would need to leave soon the threat here of disease very real...

Ulthok was ready able and almost too eager to see what lay inside these 4 chests. But as ever he was careful, checking and rechecking again each chest before unlocking them. No traps did he find but only normal locks easily opened for one of his skill.

The first chest opened, he did find inside...
4 pieces of Jewelry
5 unopened sacks
A nice Wand.

The second opened he gazed upon such...
5 Vials of different colored liquids
A sturdy Horn
A pair of Slippers

The third opened a look inside...
4 Vials of different colored liquids
2 Rings
A staff
And a forgotten cloak.

The last opened and inside were 17 strange scrolls.
The scrolls strange as to have been written not on parchment but on silk.

The lock to this chest had surely been harder to pick then those before but what did this mean.? What was it of these items that was guarded so hard.
At this time the Halfling could not see the why of it.

The chests opened his findings did he seek to tell the Lady Dru but in the room she was not...

SOMEWHERE ELSE

The Ladies had met and they had talked. Questions asked, yet no real answers given. Both it seemed had ended up with a little dislike for the other. Haila almost demanding answers that Althena would not give. A standoff it appeared...

Haila her mind somewhat angered and she herself frustrated by the lack of answers, did almost miss a quick tingle in her mind. But caught it she did none the less, at once she knowing the source. Niamedris!!
But it was gone before she could respond to the cat. Knowing the cat was alive and close hope it did give her. But how to use this small advantage. Thoughts and idea’s in the Fighter/Mage’s mind begun to turn...

Althena was not angry, but worried. It seemed this girl adventurer before her did not understand that ears other then hers were sure to be listening.

Had she not been told that the knowledge inside of her if in the wrong hands fallen, could change the face of Trilogy forever. If not then Althena would have to tell her such, for no matter what she would never willingly talk of it here...


A CAT INDEED

Naimedris had finally through careful smelling, tracking, watching and just plain being a magical cat found his Mage. Though the cat knew where his Mage was being held it was beside itself as to how to get to her.( He really wanted his ears scratched )
Though it was not that hard to hide from the big ugly’s. He knew better then to get too close to the room that held his Mage for it did not feel right.

Risking being seen and hurt by whatever was feeling wrong, he sent a tingle to his master and then quickly once again did he hide.
What to do now the cat did not know but his Mage he had found...


4 Chests opened. Contents revealed. Yet nothing here seemed to warrant its defense as such the party had faced. Was something amiss. Had they yet to find something not yet found...

The clock as always ticks on...

(OOC: Ok nice to see again that everyone has posted. I see that once a week so far seems to be working much better as such even though Mottle has access again. For now we will keep it this way. Also it seems just as I have killed him off he yet again appears Olbaid I will get you into the game in the next few weeks be ready...
So next post Sunday have a great week…)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:54:07.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


60

Mottle 2h
Newbie
Posts: 4
Reply | Edit

Cor was...
Posted on 4/18/2005 at 3:45:07 PM (CST)

Cor was just getting started tending to the man when two of his companions pushed their way in beside him. He really had no good way to work. The cavalier seemed to be probing the injured man's mind and then retreated. "guess he didna find that which he sought" thee dwarf thought to himself. The injured man tried to speak and his words were garbled by the blood that began to pour from his mouth. Cor search for signs of life and for a moment his mace glowed indicating there was still hope. Slowly it began to fade and Cor knew there was no hope. The man was beyond his abilities. There was naught he could do but comfort the poor dying fellow. "Thank you for saving me from that thing. Now rest, you need to save your strength. I am Cor, war-cleric of Odin and I promise that soon you will feel no more pain." In moments the man life fled his shattered bod y. It was then that Cor noticed the green slime. "What manner of evil is this? Such a thing I has never before filled my eyes." The dwarf backed away and watched to see what would happen next. He could hear talking about chests full of treasure but his attention remained on the slime. There was a time for dividing riches but for now possible danger lurked close at hand. Cor had learned to never judge evil or danger by its stature.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

What is that?
Posted on 4/18/2005 at 3:57:22 PM (CST)

Conall being alert and ready to aid those healing if the one being healed should turn on their good faith, Conall heard the words of Cor and then he too saw the green stuff. “I have seen slime drop from high places but never before from one’s ear. Perhaps fire would work on such a thing. It has worked in the past from my experience. Should I call for fire?” Conall stood ready to fetch fire if that is what was called for.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Lets keep on keeping on
Posted on 4/21/2005 at 7:26:15 PM (CST)

Once her orders given did the lady Dru set about her own work.Not long into her search for doors did she come upon one.She could tell that much traffic passed through this door to the point it was almost not secret any more.Once found she calls upon the other thifg in the party.
Cesair I have need for your talent at this time would you check this door for traps and then open it for us.


While he goes about his work she steps back toward the other room so she can keep in touch with what is happening there.It seems the man they had just pulled from the jaws of death was going to die anyways.Before he does he gives up a little information.

"You must save her, I do not have very long the feed they put inside me for that thing is killing me quickly. Know that there are others of our company here also they brought us along as food."
"Please save her she is our only hope".


When he says please save her she belives he is speaking of the lady Sunblayze, but he also says there are others like him here as prisnors.Looks like they may have been temple guards.She was horrified as the man died and some green slime exited his ear.It seemed to be alive so she yells to Cor he is the closest.

Cor what do you think that thing is?The dead man said something about a feed they put inside him.We need to keep a close watch on that thing or maybe we can find a way to contain it for now if anyone has an idea please speak up.In the meantime Cor please keep a close eye on that thing.

The next thing to deal with was the now four open chests it seemed they contain many items that may be usefull to them potions, rings, staff, wand, scrolls, many wich may be magic.She deceides that they will gather it all now bundle it up and take it with them till they have more time to check the items out.
Thank you Ulthok for getting those open so quick but I don't think we have the time now to check the items out.I would like Ulthok, Conall, Alasdair, and myself to each gather up the contents of one chest bundle the items so they stay togeather and store them for now.Noone is to try to wear or use any item untill we can check them for we do not know if any may be cursed.Ulthok gather the silk scrolls from chest four, Conall please gather contents from chest one the jewerly sacks, and wand.Alasdair please gather chest two the 5 vials, the horn and slippers.I will gather the third 4 vials, 2 rings , staff, and a clock.

Now she addresses the whole group in general.
We have found another door just outside here that looks to be well traveled, there seems to be nowhere else from here to go.Cesair has the door unlocked and Hawk is standing guard right now.I would like you Alasdair to do your thing at the door just as you have been for us you have been a great help so far.Once we get his report lets fall back in line with Alasdair and Hawk up front to open the door.Conall and Ulthok next,Af'till and Cor next, Cesair and myself last.Lets keep our eyes and ears open group I feel we are getting close.We must also watch for Naimedris Halias cat for I am sure it can lead us to her and if all prisnors are keep in the same area maybe the rest of those guards and Sunblayze.

If nothing has been done with the green slime yet Dru tells them I do think we need to either contain or destroy that green slime before we move out so if someone has fire lets burn the dam thing then lets move out

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A little late but something he must do.
Posted on 4/21/2005 at 8:36:50 PM (CST)

Working dilligently Ulthok got all four chests open for they were standard locks all except for the last one.This last chest held 17 scrolls all printed on silk.He scans the contents of all four and reports the contents to Dru.Once done Dru gives him orders to gather up the silk scrolls bundle them and store them in his pack till they have more time to study them.


He listens to Drus order to gather up the scrolls but at the same time hears the talk about the green slime.He scans the room till he locates where this slime is to make sure he does not get to close to it while he works.He doesn't have anything he could use to contain the slime so he goes to work on getting the scrolls.he takes a small piece of his fishing line from his belt pouch and with it ties all the scrolls togeather and then finds a spot to store them in his pack which he does.


Since noone else seems to be bold enough Ulthok while waiting for the rest to get prepared to move out does a couple of things.He Hopes that everyone will understand what he is going to do and why but he feels it is good for the whole group in the long run.First thing he does making sure he stays clear of the green slime is go over to the now dead man and search him over for whatever he can find.


Then before going back into the room before this one he stops next to Dru and speaks quitly to her.

My Lady I need to speak with you.Since noone else has seen to it I feel it must be up to me.I don't want anyone here to take this the wrong way or for them to think I do this out of disrespect, but I think if we could ask her Talia would encourage me to do what I'm about to.She was carring many items that the group may find to be helpful or find they have a need for, so I am going to go back into the little room where she is and retrive whatever inventory she was carring.I know someone will probally come along and think I do this just because I am a thief but I will return with all the stuff intack and allow the group to deceide what is to be done once I have the items.I just don't belive she would want the stuff to fall into our enemines hands and maybe used against us.I will make sure that she will be as she is when I go in belive me.


With that said he moves to the table where Talias body was laid out and wrapped in the wolfs skins.He very carefully retrives her pack and any pouches she may of carried he will not take any of her weapons or such for he belives she should be laid out with these items.Once done he makes sure she is wrapped properlly and looks just as she did when he entered.He then returns to were Dru is speaking out the rest of her orders.Seems they will be moving out again very soon.


He lets Dru know he has returned with the stuff and after showing her quickly what he has he will combined it all if he can and pack it away with his stuff if not he will let Dru deceide what to do with it all.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Pondering a dying man's passing
Posted on 4/24/2005 at 4:31:42 AM (CST)

Alasdair backs away from the dead man, trying to ponder what he had just learned from the man's mind just before he had passed on. Frustrated that they could not save the man, perhaps something could be gained from his passing.

Nodding quickly to Lady Dru, he moved to the chest as requested and gathers the items that she had indicated. Still in thought about what had transpired, he acknowledges her request to 'scout' ahead of yonder door. "Lady Dru, I will see what I may learn about what lay beyond."

OOC: Alasdair will use the psionic powers of Heightened Senses and Life Detection to try and determine what might be on the other side of the door.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 08:56:25.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.