The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by breebles)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


nap time; take 2

Cor listened to all the talk of walls and cubes and bears. If nothing else, the party was certainly full of imaginative ideas. "Alright, it seems that sleep and spell recovery are a very real concern. We shall try again. everyone move close to the exit while I cast just in case it doesn't go as planned. Once everyone was in position, Cor cast his wall of iron spell from the helm. His intention was to make a very thick, square wall horizontally along the side wall of the room. Much in teh manner of the cube described by Connel.

OOC: Assuming it works or at least makes a dry spot to sleep.

IC: "Alright there be the bedroom. Though a fire sounds nice and cozy I also am worried that the smoke might not find an escape and kill us all so it will be a cold camp I am afraid. Once again, Kenji take the first watch with Althena and then we shall wake Connel and Divot for the second watch. As for the bear idea, that is an excellent one. If anyone has minor spells that may help during our rest cast them now but remember we may not get enough sleep to recharge spells so be careful what you cast." Cor led the way to the resting place and tried to find a comfortable spot. When Rayne began to change clothes Cor found himself taking more than a glancing look. "Lass, I may be a knight-cleric but remember celebacy is reserved for the paladins and I am not so old that that such a sight as I see now bring naught but memories." Cor gave he a wink and then returned to the business of getting ready to sleep.


Posted on 2008-12-14 at 13:52:44.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Just take this as my contribution to warm you up." she says with a laugh and a twinkle in her eye.

Rayne turns to regard the self-proclaim and in true knight-cleric of Odin. His appreciation of her as she changed into dry garment did not upset her in the least no quite the opposite. Rayne viewed his comments and the ideas of the others as positive signs. They all still had the spirit and willingness to carry on and had not be beaten down by the recent tests even though they had been close and they had escape them barely. Such tribulations piled up one after another could be lowering to the spirit and their need to carry on.

Rayne makes a quick meal of elven journey cakes, rich with multiple grains, honey, dried fruits, and nuts. Would anyone like one of my journey cakes, not meat but very nutritios,

"Corellon" she prays softly, I will serve you faithfully, now and forever. Guide me, and grant me your divine favor so that I may continue to do so and aid my companions in this dark place that tries us all."

"Thank you all for taking the watches so Ulthok, Haila, and I can rest. Cynil, thank you for being our gear rug but remember you must sleep too." Rayne prepares to rest by wrapping her cloak about her and when Cynil changes into a bear she lies down next to her and huddles in close to the massive form. Come on Ulthok cuddle up, small bodies tend to lose heat faster so tuck yourself between Cynil and I.

Bears even if their are druids shape changed, still smell like bears.


Posted on 2008-12-14 at 18:39:01.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A Voice in the Dark

And so the question of when to rest, where to rest, and just how the party planned to go about resting was solved at last.

Cor using the Helm of Walls proceeded to cast a wall unlike any other, though iron, he placed it not upright but on its side thus creating an island of dryness in a sea of ice-cold water.

With this large area of dry iron in place and the decision not to build a fire Cynil changed herself into an extra large bear and the party huddled close beside her. This time Conall was not the only one so very greatfull of her shared warmth.

< Come to me as you set me free so shall I set you free. Take me to hand and everything you dream and pray for I shall give you. Wealth it is yours, peace I shall make it so, power all that I have will be yours, love I will fill your heart with it and find it for you in mortal form. Think me not a bad thing but a thing of freedom, your freedom to be the savior of this world. Release me and together the Dark King shall we defeat. Take that which has always been rightfully yours, come to me, come to me, come to me, COME to me, COME TO me, COME TO ME!! >
Haila’s eyes snapped open, awake yet asleep, the voice strong in her mind urging her to move towards it.

< Come to me gentle lady I have that which you seek, I am love, all the love you will ever need, but you must claim me >
Ignoring her pack and weapons, she lightly jumped off the wall of iron, much to the surprise of Conall and Divot. Though both had seen her wake neither had expected her to move off towards the open north door and before they could stop her, thanks to her Boots of Speed, she was already there. But she paused, her head cocked, as if listening to someone speak.

< Protect yourself for they will not let you leave, Spell them, SPELL THEM NOW!! >
Her hand raised, her finger pointed, unheard words spoken, a streak flashed from her pointing finger and attaining the prescribed range, the center of the iron wall, blossomed into a fireball. Conall taking the fireballs full force was blasted off the iron island to land backward in the icy water, Divot lucky in only taking half was able to remain on one knee. Pain, heat, flames those of the party sleeping, some, like Conall, taking the fireballs full force, some like Divot only half, awoke to find themselves under attack yet who had attacked them unclear. The attacker already out the door and headed away..........

(OOC: OK everyone check your sheets as to what damage you took. As your ‘attacker’ has left the room we are not in combat rounds so just post as normal w/o worrying about # of actions allowed.

NOTE!! Until Conall or Divot post who attacked you, everyone has no clue, so please do not post anything relating to Haila as the attacker. Also spellcasters you did not get a full 8 hours of sleep so no new spells were prayed for or memorized. Ok N.P.N.S then after that my next post will be as stated in the Q/A January 3rd)


Posted on 2008-12-16 at 05:40:29.
Edited on 2008-12-16 at 05:52:00 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


What the???

Cor slept the sleep of the tired; that is until he awoke in a burning pain. His newly opened eyes took in the site of a party smoldering and charred. On his feet in an instant, the dwarf looked to Connel and Divot who were standing guard. "Report!! What happened? Are we under attack?" Without waiting for a reply Cor began to don his gear and ready his axe.

'If this continues and we don't get some sleep soon none of us will see the end of the blasted tests.' he thought as he took mental note of everyones condition and remembered the limited amount of healing available.


Posted on 2008-12-16 at 13:50:33.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

It was not a welcome warmth Rayne felt but searing pain hat roused out of needed sleep. Instinct set her to rolling off the wall where she dropped to her feet crouching behind the wall raised above the floor. Pain had her clenching her lips to smoother a cry of pain.

Hearing Cor cry out for answers, her question remained unasked = behind tighlty compressed lips. Rayne searched for the source of that blast of heat but saw nothing but members of her own party suffering fro the fiery effect. It could have been a breath weapon, a cone of fire, or a fireball, something like that was her best quess, but from where. She scanned around should her but saw or heard nothing but those close to her but no foe

Rayne pulled out her med kit. this was going to have to be the hard way. except for the few doses of potion she had left. Not one healing spell did she have left after yesterday and though she had prayed, it seemed she had not had enough time to gain new spells for this day. healing would have to be mundane as best and she could do for now.

The search of the area found Conall on the ground and badly burned. Immediate she grabbed up her backpack and went to aid him, hurrying to his side. She took out one of her positions of extra healing he certainly was going to need a dose atl least, so was she.

Moving hurt, hurt a lot seared flesh resisted movement and then gave only with pain. gritting her teeth she forced herself to Conall side. slipping a hand under his head to support it and flipping off the top the potion bottle to give him one dose for now. She would have to dole out the remaining doses to the most injured, first.


Posted on 2008-12-20 at 17:10:11.
Edited on 2008-12-20 at 17:51:57 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil will change back into her true form. (Not sure if doing so will cause the healing that comes with changing shape.) She will take out a potion that has one dose left and use it if she is not partially healed by her shape change.

"Remind me not to be a bear when there is fire about." She sniffs the acrid air smelling of burn bear fur.

"Now what happened?" she looks about to seen if anyone is in need of healing.


Posted on 2008-12-20 at 17:26:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


To the three who posted thank you extra XP for all.

Haila not stopping to check if her fireball spell had hurt or killed anyone moved as quickly as she could around the hallways corner and came to the next wooden door.
Without a check for traps or to see if the door was locked without hesitation grabbed the handle and was through, the door quickly closing behind her.

In the room she had left the party now all awake yet still very unsure of what had just happened noticed without being told that Haila was missing from among them. As to the why of that and the cause of the attack neither Conall or Divot had yet spoken the speed and source of the attack still a daze to both Halfling Fighter and human Paladin. While Rayne moved to heal, Cynil regained her health with her change back from being a bear and Cor yelling to know what had just happened the party stood around unclear of what to do next............

(OOC: Ok to everyone have a Merry Christmas hope to see you all back here in Jan.)



Posted on 2008-12-21 at 14:47:52.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Seeing Connall down Cynil hurries to him, though not before Rayne got to him.

"Is he alive?" she voice quivered with concern. She knelt by him assisting Rayne in anyway she could.

She also looked about for others needing help, she counted heads and came up short.

"Is Haila down too?"


Posted on 2009-01-03 at 00:57:11.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Treat the injured first," Rayne tells Cynil. Use what ever you have sparingly. I don't know how badly the others werw injured but I have been and Conall too.


Posted on 2009-01-03 at 02:58:18.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Everyone is injured

"We are all injured and have precious few spells left. None of us will be in great shape when we leave this room but we must do what we can while saving at least a bit for later. Unless we find a way to recharge spells we will likely fail this task."


Posted on 2009-01-03 at 04:11:40.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


What, no cup of coffee?

“I am alive.” Conall spoke, his voice still shaky. With help Conall moved to his feet. “Haila is not down she is gone.” Conall moved from the water back to the iron island. “She awoke and was gathering her things. I looked away for just a moment when I heard her mumble something I did not understand. When I looked back the magic was already around her and the ball of fire moved past me and exploded.” Conall shook his head, “She is the daughter of Hell itself and mark my words the next time her and I meet it will be at the pearl of her life.” Conall then moved to his things and made ready to move on. He then turned to Rayne, “See to the others, I am fine.” He then looked at Cynil, “Be at easy, I am fine and will walk for another day by your side.”


Posted on 2009-01-04 at 22:36:49.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Seduced

Cor listened to Connel and knew immediately what had happened, as it had been told such could occur. The power of the sword had seduced her and she was now in it's control. "The sword has taken her. If we can capture her we might be able to break its hold on her; however, we cannot and will not endanger the greater mission for her sake. With the limited healing we have remaining she could kill half of us at least with the spells still at her disposal. She sees us as the enemy and no longer as her companions. For now we must view her in the same light. If she is taken by surprise we can make one attempt to subdue her but no more. If she sees us or makes a single move that even looks like a spell she must die. If not then some or all of us will and the sword will have won. I know many of you will disagree with me on this but I warned you all that putting me in charge had its hazards. My word stands in this. Now get the healing done quickly and gather your thigns; we cannot let her find the sword first."

Cor cast a cure serious wounds on himself then asked, "Who else in in great need of healing?"


Posted on 2009-01-05 at 01:01:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A New Year!! WHOO HOO!!

The party awake, confused, and wondering upon the nature of the attack finally gained knowledge of the who and the what. This information from Conall as he regained his feet, hearing of Cynil‘s worry of Haila.

“I am alive, Haila is not down she is gone. She awoke and was gathering her things. I looked away for just a moment when I heard her mumble something I did not understand. When I looked back the magic was already around her and the ball of fire moved past me and exploded.”
Conall shook his head,
“She is the daughter of Hell itself and mark my words the next time her and I meet it will be at the pearl of her life.”

“Nay Conall she did not gather her things as they still lay as she left them.”
This from Divot having heard the Paladin’s words of vengeance.
“She awoke, ran to the door and before exiting, as if listening to some voice, turned to release a ball of fire. I do not believe she did this out of malice as that is not the Haila I know, perhaps the dreams returned, and she was overpowered. Tell me, did any of you dream once again of the “Voice” in your heads?”

Clear to any of the party with a sense of things that Divot defended Haila due to the connection between them. Though she had attacked the party in truth, perhaps it had not been her at all, but the “Voice” of the sword within this maze.

Conall having said his piece and told all of his intentions then moved to his things and made ready to move on speaking to both Rayne and Cynil of his wounds. As he shouldered his pack, he was the first to notice Niamedris sprawled just below Haila’s pack. The Elvin cat breathing but clearly hurt and for the moment unconscious. With this fact relayed, it seemed to power Divots argument that Haila had not been herself.

“See there lies prove of what I say, would she attack and do harm to her familiar if she was of herself and not entranced?”

His words having an effect on Cor the dwarf agreed with the halfling fighter, yet made no qualms about what was to be done if no choice was left.

"The sword has taken her. If we can capture her, we might be able to break its hold on her; however, we cannot and will not endanger the greater mission for her sake. With the limited healing we have remaining she could kill half of us at least with the spells still at her disposal. She sees us as the enemy and no longer as her companions. For now, we must view her in the same light. If she is taken by surprise, we can make one attempt to subdue her but no more. If she sees us or makes a single move that even looks like a spell she must die. If not then some or all of us will and the sword will have won. I know many of you will disagree with me on this but I warned you all that putting me in charge had its hazards. My word stands in this. Now get the healing done quickly and gather your things; we cannot let her find the sword first."

With the casting of a Cure Serious wounds upon himself his next question was if any others needed the precious few spells left to him. For the next few minutes, the party took what healing was left to them, a decision made as to Naimedris’s fate, and all packed and ready to go, after Haila they followed, to either save a friend and fellow companion or to kill her.

With Ulthok once more in the lead, they passed out of the room and into a corridor the same as the ones before with a turn to the West 50 feet before them. Though knee deep in water the party quickly covered the distance to the turn and then beyond, seeing another 60 feet of corridor, a same type wooden door at its end. As they reached it, they found that unlike the others before this one was slightly ajar, Haila clearly having moved through beyond it. The same task once again before them on opening it or not, was mute for if to move forward they had no choice but to pass. With a quick scan for traps by Ulthok coming up negative the halfling opened the door and followed by the rest entered to find….Nothing!. The party stood in a totally empty room, no Globe, no statue, no items of any sort, a single wooden door of wood, open, on the far wall.


(DM OOC: Ok welcome back everyone I hope your holidays were as enjoyable as mine were, old friends come to visit and 1 returned for good brought many a smile to my face.

Well there you have it the games restart I hope this year will be a good one for people posting and the game to continue strong. As for whatever healing is taking by whom and of what, please to post of it in game or at least in the Q/A so I can mark off damage + spells or items used. Ok next post next Sat so EVERYONE who is still in the game PLEASE post.)


Posted on 2009-01-05 at 01:46:18.
Edited on 2009-01-05 at 01:51:11 by TannTalas

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


I will need two hands for this.

Conall shouldered his pack he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He took a better look and stepping over to Haila’s things, “Niamedris?!” he spoke with a question and some sadness. “Cynil! Quickly!” Conall picked up Niamedris in his arms, “Please do what you can for him.” Handing Niamedris to Cynil he looked at the cat, “I do not hold you in guilt for what your master has done. And I would burden myself with your load but I will need both hands to avenge the wrong you have felt this day.” Conall then looked at Cynil, “Care for him as if he were our own.” Conall then moved to the door way and falling in to his place the party continued down the hall.

Standing in the next room Conall scanned the room looking for anything. Movement, sound, light Conall was on the edge of his senses.


Posted on 2009-01-05 at 03:16:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Posting as Althena

“I do not hold you in guilt for what your master has done. And I would burden myself with your load but I will need both hands to avenge the wrong you have felt this day.”
Althena had to this point remained silent, as the only one of the party to not be affected by the swords power she unlike any sleeping did not hear its “Voice”. However with Conall’s latest statement of harm to Haila she had, had enough. All the anger from Conall’s reaction to her and Alasdair’s pairing all the pain from Alasdair’s death, all the fear of what lay before them rose up and she let it out.

“Conall Glendower of the House Glendower!! How dare you continue to voice the harm you will do to one of our own. She who has been a member of this party for longer then I. She who has saved this party from death and failure not once, not twice, but 3 TIMES!!. It was one thing to belittle Alasdair and I when you learned of our love but to turn on Haila, whose fault this is not, that is too much!!
I cannot stand here and listen to you speak as such, what mayhap if it had been you and not her to have fallen under the swords spell, do you think she would speak of you as such, no she would seek a way to free you!! “

Facing the party full on she continued to speak allowing no one to stop her from finishing.

“Trust me all when I say this, the sword is evil pure, untainted by any good, morals it has NONE or anything resembling faith its soul purpose is to allow the Shadow King to rule. None of you are immune to its power it is only by your force of will, you who stand here now, that has so far protected you. The closer we get the more power its “Voice” will have over you every time we attempt to sleep, whose to say Conall Glendower of the House Glendower that you will not be the next to succumb to its power.
You call yourself a Knight of Odin, a Paladin in his service, all I see right now before me is a man so full of anger he has lost his honor and faith in friendship, and that Conall makes you more susceptible to the swords charm.”

Turning away she grabbed her back pack and made to jump off the platform of iron, turning to Cynil as she did so.

“Watch him my lady Druid for you well may have to save him from himself one day soon.”

With that and without another word she took her place in line and moved as the party did......


Posted on 2009-01-05 at 06:14:24.
Edited on 2009-01-05 at 06:18:41 by TannTalas

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.