The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3926 registered users. Our newest member is ninetail039.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Womens Chaotic Evil
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Don't spit at me and walk away!

“You pompous, argent, little witch! Do you not see that our Haila is no longer OUR HAILA, but a minion of the Dark Lord himself! If you can not see that then we should all turn now and go home, to pass the time with family and loved ones until the darkness comes to all the lands.”

Conall then holds his hand up, closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath and then continues in a bit more of a calming voice but still very agitated. “I would throw myself upon my own sword if it would bring her back to us, put the sword in your hands and bring all this to an end. But it does not work that way and if me killing her to save all of you and in doing so I breathe my last breath in the process then I will do so. That is what I do!” Conall then looked directly at Althena, “I will leave the holding of evil dark swords to you. You leave the finding and killing of evil things to me. Perhaps one of us will make it out alive and I pray to Odin it is you. Now if you will keep your teeth together and your voice quite and let me rant so I can prepare myself to do what needs to be done then perhaps I can do the unthinkable and...” Conall voice drops off and just pushes his way to the door. "Are we going to fallow or just stand here?"


Posted on 2009-01-06 at 00:29:42.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


SILENCE!

"Silence, both of you!!" Cor glared at both Connel and Althena. Turnign to Connel; "You, Connel, know better than to go calling a lady such names as a pompous, arrogant, witch. You are a paladin of Odin, remember your manners." Then he faced Althena; "And you, who placed you in charge? When asked who would lead you stood silent, liekly pining for your lost Alasdair. I have heard enough of your sadness at the loss of him and am tired of your using his death as an excuse for your lack of focus. Now you dare to offer up your thoughts of what should be done after I have given my orders. Yes, Halia has been with us for a long time and has saved many of our butts. However, whatever that thing was that tried to, and nearly suceeded, kill us was not Halia. You ask what if it is Connel next time? Then, if the situation demands I will kill him myself to ensure the safe recovery of the sword as I would expect he would do to me if I am turned. None of us are more important than our task, even you. We each knew that we could die on this journey and have accepted that. We will try to capture Halia if possible and remove the sword bewitchment if we can but not at the cost of one of the remaining party member's life." There was no mistaking the anger in the dwarf's eyes at the bickering between party members.

"Now if there are no more questions about my orders" Cor's eyes dared each to speak, "we will move along. Ulthok take the lead if you will and Kenji take up the rear. The rest of you fall in as you will."





Posted on 2009-01-06 at 01:09:46.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil takes up the cat and uses a cure minor to aid in healing, she dare not do more for now. She takes up salves and treats the burns and rips up an extra chemise to make bandages. With the rest of the chemise she make a carryall to go round one shoulder and across her chest, in this she slings the injuried cat.

She sings softly to it to ease its pain and fear. "Stay with us Little One, we will get her back--you are the key to her return." If the cat seems to be getting worst she will feed it a spoonful of her healing potion, one at a time.

As they move out she gives Connal some time alone before coming up along his side and just being there beside him. She was well aware of his temper and his intensity, she also knew, given time, he would see thing more clearly. Having lived almost thrice as long as he she had a quieter understanding of things.

When she catches Cor's attention she just smiles at him and nods.


Posted on 2009-01-08 at 03:34:46.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Attacked by our own

Trying to sleep was a good idea but seems to not to be so no new spells. Then even as they try to sleep it seems their in a manner put under attack with these dreams again from the evil sword this time however it would seem one of our group lost their battle against this evil and turned on the rest of us.

He had also taken some damage in the attack but will refrain from having anyone use healing spellson him if he feels he needs to heal he will use a small amount of one of his remaining heal potions when needed.

Now even if they could find a way to sleep they probably should not for now they are in a race to get to the sword before Halia. Turning to Cor Cor my friend since Halia is under the spell of the sword do you think she will be able to bypass the rest of the tests because since the test it looks like to me where set up and put in place by Althena's father as a deterrent do you think the sword knows a way around these, because if it can lead Halia directly to itself without passing the tests there is basically no way we will beat her there,unless someone here may know of some way we could track or follow her. If she needs to pass the same test we do however then we should run into her very soon.
So taking his spot in the lead he at once goes into detect mode and starts scanning the area around



Posted on 2009-01-10 at 12:37:46.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


special treatment

"I do not know for sure, but I truely hope that she will not have an easier time passing the tests than we will. These tests are meant to keep anyone from getting to the sword and I can only imagine that when he created them he knew many would be under its powers. For now, just find us a way to the next test."


Posted on 2009-01-10 at 13:57:46.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne stuck the potion in Conall's hand after she drank half.

"Here, I know what you said but I see how you are and that speaks louder than you words. WE need to go into the next test or face the next problem at the best we can be. and ow so close to being snuffed out.

Rayne busied herself after that with treating wounds bandaging and poulticing her companions. Cynil took half the group and she took th other half doing their best for all. She ate a portion of trail rations hunger though not knowing the time of day or night that it was, just using nature's signals do what was necessary.

Haila cat ws badly injured but Cynil did not neglect treating it. It was her way.

The only problem that arose was that Althena and Conall got into a verbal contretemps over what to do about Haila. Cor took command and settled them down with simple dwarven diplomacy. He shouted at them both. Then he took charge.

It only confirmed Rayne's belief that he was the best man/dwarf for the job they had forced on him. He had risen to the challenge and meet it well.

After things got settled down She move over to Cor. "Well done, Cor."


Posted on 2009-01-10 at 17:14:34.
Edited on 2009-01-20 at 17:37:34 by Brianna

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Voices raised

As the party made to move out a brief but intense exchange between Conall and Althena was brought to a head and quickly put an end to by Cor. Yet during this brief exchange Conall felt a cold chill cross his back as if someone had walked across his grave. It was there but only for a short minute then it was gone as if never felt.

With the party now standing just outside this new empty room no one had made a move to enter it and amazingly the water pooled at the parties feet, and through out the corridor, had not seeped into the room as if held back by some magical barrier. The only choice left once again to enter the room and possibly face yet another test.....


(DM OOC: Ok short post now it was stated by both Rayne and Cynil that each healed members of the party and Niamedris. Before I can adjust hit points I need from you both what spells or potions were used and on whom. Unless I get this info no one’s hit points will change and if combat happens I will reduce damage taken from the hit points as on your sheets at present. Ok N.P.N.S)


Posted on 2009-01-11 at 05:46:36.
Edited on 2009-01-17 at 01:49:33 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


Moving on

"Well if everyone is ready, Ulthok please open the door and let's see what the next test will be?" Cor wondered if Halia's passage ahead of the party would make thing more or less troublesome.


Posted on 2009-01-18 at 19:43:39.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil gives Connall some time and space, but after a bit she slips quietly up beside him, tugs on his sleeve and gives her a smile.

"Sometimes when people are hurting and feeling betrayed, they say things they truly don't mean.

She say no more, it is up to Connall to seal the breach of his hasty words.


Posted on 2009-01-18 at 22:05:10.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Finally Onward we go.

With all of the debate over Halia and what to do when encountered and with Cor making sure that, since we voted him in as leader, everyone knew his orders where to be followed to the letter and Ulthok was grateful that Cor let them all know that.

Taking his place up front in order to check everything for traps and danger the first thing the halfling noted was that the pooled water refused to flow into the room they where about to enter. As we prepare to venture into this next room I would point out that even the water doesn't want to go there. See how it pools around our feet but doesn't cross into the next room. I would venture to say once in there is no returning here.
So he starts by making a complete check of the door frame and ground they are now going to pass by and over and upon finding nothing does declare it safe for them to pass. So hopefully with all in line behind him Ulthok takes that first step and crosses the threshold and into the next room. At once he takes in as much as one can looking to see any exits or other portals as well as any thing in the room itself.



Posted on 2009-01-23 at 13:03:56.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Posting As Althena

With Cor’s order of silence Althena had no choice but to comply. Though her anger at Conall was she felt justified what Cor had said was also very true. Haila was her friend, make no mistake, but right now the Haila she called friend was no more and could very easily kill her.

Nodding her head to Cor in silence she accepted his words and the truth within them and turned to Conall

“I am sorry for my hasty words Conall, though I love Haila as a sister, to think of her as such at this time could get me killed. I will take your advice and if she forces the issue treat her as the enemy she is at this time.”

With the apology given she took her place in line and followed the rest to this new door before them.....


Posted on 2009-01-25 at 23:11:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Choices, Choices

With discussions over and the conflict between Althena and Conall for the moment under Cor’s control the party made its way to the next in this series of wooden doors. As Ulthok moved to join the party at its front, his foot came upon something round nearly causing him to fall, a quick look as to its nature gained him a well sized ruby easily 5000gps in worth. Then to the head of the party he went and to the next room did lead.

With Ulthok’s quick and through exam he pronounced it clear and the party led by Cor entered the room. To the parties quick surprise the door behind them did not close as had the ones before, staying open as if offering the party a way to escape.

With the room empty the party moved towards the far northern door only to be stopped after a few feet by the return of the apparition of Althena’s father, Allanan.

“Glad am I that you who travel with one of my kin has survived the first two of my tests. However beyond this room the tests you shall face become much more challenging and deadly. It is my hope that none of you should die but death is truly a possibility, so I offer you this room free of any traps or test and protected by my magic.”
Then with a small gesture from him around you now appear a number of cots, 2 couches, and a table with 10 chairs laden with food and water.

“Rest here free of any danger as my magic shall protect you till you leave through the north door. If any of you have changed your minds you may leave through the door you entered and through the tests already won. Make no mistake beyond the next door there is no turning back.”
With his last words spoken Allanan disappears, the food and a place to rest, regain both spells and health remaining............


(OK Short post and sweet to some of you I’m sure. Well you asked for a place to rest and here it is.
Its now your call whether you stay get yourselves up in Hit Points and spells or chase after Haila. Just remember she still has to pass the upcoming tests so pick wisely as this maybe your last chance to rest in these tests.
Good luck. N.P.N.S or S)


Posted on 2009-01-25 at 23:17:57.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


Rest

The gift from Althena's father was well appreciated. "We rest. Those with spells you think useful, use them now. We spend the night and begin again in the morning. Now whoever is still injured please make it know so those of us with healing can attend to you."


Posted on 2009-01-26 at 01:30:30.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Rest Comes at Last.

When the vision of Althena's father appeared once again and told the party he was going to supply them a place to rest as well as supply food and drink Ulthok at first thought maybe he had died back in the other room,and even though Halia had a head start on them he is sure that resting now and recovering both hit points and spells is a must.

Looking around at his comrades it seems there will be no question as to what they are going to do.Then Cor puts any debate aside with two words WE REST The first thing he does is let them know he still needs some healing tobe fully recharged.

Now he looks at the table of food and drink and not being bashfull he goes over and digs right in first off he rehydrates himself and when all is said and done if there is enough water left he will suggest they all fill as many water skins as they can. After a good drink of fresh water Ulthok will eat a good meal then looking around for a nice comfy spot will retire to it.

Now he brings out his book Babcocks blessed book with all his spells in it and will take the time to thumb through and try to determine which of his spells will be the most usefull for the upcomming tests. Taking his time to study he will finally pick the following spells to be memorized.
Level #1
Burning Hands x2
Magic Missile x3
Shocking Grasp
Detect Magic X2

Level 2:
Melf's Acid Arrow x2
Mirror Image x2
Rope Trick x2
Summon Swarmx2

Level 3:
Dispell Magic x2
Fly
Monster Summoning

Level 4:
Monster Summoning 2
Polymorph Self
Wall of Ice

Level 5:
Cone of Cold x3
Once finished and hopefull he had selected spells that willprove to be usefull in the upcoming encounters Ulthok will lay his head back and secure in the knowalge that at least danger from the outside will be kept at bay by Althena's Father. He is not so sure how much danger there may be inside the group if the evil sword could once again take one of them over. Before he slips into sleep Ulthok says a short but poignant prayer to his god that he may remain strong and not fall prey to the evil inside this cavern.


Posted on 2009-01-30 at 14:10:07.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

rayne is glad that they are going to rest. She had no healing spells left and no potions either. The last she had used for Cor and herself.

"Cor I know that the vision said this place was protected by magics and wards but I think we should set watches as well. Those wards may not protects us form Haila if she decides to attack us again. If she has had a chance to rest she will get back all her spells again and it could prove difficult to combat that."

After Rayne said what she thought was important to consider she adds, "Sorry cor I will heal you in the morning I have nothing left.. Only a few spells that I will cst tonight that may be of some use. I have Divination, and continual light too. I plan to use the continual Light on object that I can carry with me. and cast Divination to gain what insights I can for out trials tomorrow."

Rayne goes over to the table and picks out sustaining food items. She also refills her water skin as Cor suggested. Sitting down on the floor she finished her meal and they cast continual light on a coin and puts it away. Rayne clears hr mind with simple meditation techniques, focuses on the problems they are facing with these tests and then casts divination hoping for some insights from Corellon.

After casting Divination and any results she gets feom that she prays for the spells concentrating on healing spells and other spells that might prove useful. IT wasn't much but it was the best she oculd think. none of her ranger spells were vvery useful in this situation, but barkskin could be of help and shillelagh.


SPELLS PRAYED FOR (Cleric)
1st Lvl: Cure Light Wounds 6
2nd Lvl: Aid 3 / Barkskin / 2/ Flame blade
3rd Lvl: Cure Blindness/ or Deafness/ Cure Disease / Dispell: Magic / Prayer
4th Lvl: Cure Serious wounds 3
5th Lvl: Raise dead

SPELLS MEMORIZED (Ranger)
1ST lvl: Entangle 1 / Shillelagh 2
2ND Lvl: Barkskin 2
3RD Lvl: Summon Insects


Posted on 2009-01-30 at 23:32:50.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.