The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Cynil will go through her two last shapes changes to heal herself and use any of her remaining cure spells to get everyone back up to their normal health as possible.

Shw will fill a plate for herself and Cor and then take it over to him. She then gets another plate for Connall. She still wants him to apologize to Althena, bu she will not nag him about it. Though the looks she gives him and then Althena as they sit and eat together might clue him into what she thinks would be a good move on his part.

After she has eaten she will choose her spells for the next day.

1st LvL: (-1) Bless x3 / Cure Light Wounds x4
2nd LvL: Flame Blade x3 Slow Poison x2 / Trip / Warp Wood x2
3rd LvL: (-1) Cure Moderate Wounds x5/ Meld into Stone x2
4th LvL: Cure Serious Wounds x3 / Neutralize Poison x2
5th LvL: Cure Critical Wounds x2
6th LvL: Heal x2
(OOC: I can not find what Heal does. Also why am I -1 to spells in Lvl 1 and 3?)



Posted on 2009-01-31 at 00:20:50.
Edited on 2009-01-31 at 05:18:22 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


ready for rest

Cor took the offered food. As he ate he noticed the looks Cynil was giving him. "Lass, you can stop the looks for there will be no appology coming from him. The both of them were wrong and it is best just dropped and not dug up again." After eating Cor set to healing; first a heal on himself and then he used his remaining spells as necessary. After completing his healing duties he used sanctuary spell on himself just to be on teh safe side. Then after taking some time to think he cast augury; 'Father Odin will it be beneficial or harmful to us if we attempt to subdue Halia rather than kill her outright?' Checking the group he made sure everyone was settled in and that is when he heard about setting a watch in case Halia returned. "I doubt a watch is necessary for this room is a safe haven. Halia is under the spell of the sword and it will drive her forward so there is little chance of her returning this way. However if it makes you feel better we can set a watch shared by the non casters."

Before retiring he prayed to Odin for his spells:

1st: Sanctuary, Bless, Cure Light x 5, Divine Favor
2nd: Aid x 4, Augury x2, Find trap, Hold person
3rd: Dispel Magic, Cure moderate x 5, Prayer
4th: Cure serious x3, Neutralize poison, Control temp 10' radius
5th: Cure Critical x 2
6th: Heal x2


Posted on 2009-01-31 at 03:31:52.
Edited on 2009-02-01 at 14:03:27 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Oopsy Cynil


Edited post, looks were to be for Connall.


Posted on 2009-01-31 at 05:19:34.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Teachings from the past

Conall takes the plate form Cynil, “Thank you.” His finger lightly brushes her hand as he reaches for the plate. Conall ate very little but made it appear he was eating something by moving the food around on his plate. It never worked as a young child growing up but he still like to try it from time to time. Conall was deep in thought when he felt eyes upon him. He looked over at Cynil, her eyes were every thing. His breath was hers, his heart that beat in his chest was hers, he would give her anything she wanted but what her eyes seemed to ask for. He took in a deep breath and then with one last glance toward Cynil he closed he eyes and went deep within himself.

Some words of long ago came to him, not as he had learned them and then later swore his life and his sword to them but still he knew them as they came to him.
‘May truth and honor always guide you’
‘Stand up when no one else is willing’
‘Be to this world as a perfect knight’
‘Even if it means your life…’
The words faded away back into the dark recesses of his soul and his eyes opened again.

Cynil filled his sight and he knew for her would not falter. He then drew his sword and gave prayer to Odin for a day well lived and asked for his prayers for the fallowing day.

He will ask for
1st level Cure light (x2)
2nd level Cure Moderate Wounds (x2) as stated on my Character sheet

He then made ready for sleep and wondered if Cynil would lie next to him.


Posted on 2009-02-01 at 03:33:52.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


A Time to Heal

With Cor’s decision to rest and recover easily accepted by all, it was with no hesitation that food was devoured and places chosen for rest. When all were settled with bellies full Cor cast his Augury to his lord god Odin. However to his surprise the dwarf Cleric received no answer in response, the all knowing God strangely silent for once.

And so it was with prayers to one’s gods and spells read and memorized one by one the party could not help but find themselves falling asleep.
Even though they had been told it was safe a guard rotation had still been set. However even Kenji, having chosen first watch, was soon asleep his body relaxed thanks to the healing nature of the food and the sleep aid within it.

Then as if on the dot 8 hours were past and the party almost as one came awake to find themselves fully healed and all spells intact. It was Divot who brought the fact that he had for the first time since coming to this mountain not dreamed of the sword’s voice, first to light.

“Everyone listen, did any of you dream of the sword’s voice offering gifts and power?, for once I did not” As he awaited any response he gathered his things and made ready to depart..........


(OCC: OK everyone good posting this week lets keep it up.
Ok at this time I have not gotten any response to my recruitment thread for the open spots of Haila and Divot so I will give it one more week then send out a few personal invites. Ok then N.P.N.S.)



Posted on 2009-02-01 at 05:40:46.
Edited on 2009-02-01 at 05:42:48 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


Strange

Cor sought guidance from Odin and waited for the response; however, it was sleep that came to him first. Upon waking he felt refreshed; the sleep had done wonders. He heard Divot ask if any had dreamed of the sword and he realized he had not. No, for once my dreams were clear of its influence." Then he realized something else. His requests for spells had been answered but his augury wasnot. Why had Odin not answered him? At first he thought perhaps the magic of the room blocked access to his god but that could not be the case for his spells had been restored. Was the answer too random for even the gods to see? Or was there no answer possible for some reason. "Well let's get ready to move. We have more tests ahead of us. Rememebr, Halia may be ahead of us and a potential threat. Take no unnecessary risks." Cor left it at that.


Posted on 2009-02-01 at 14:12:51.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Practical as ever, Cynil works to see that Connall empties his plate after his prayers, hoping his commune with Odin would lift his spirits. She returns the plate to the table and the comes back to where Connall sat. Pulling her cloak about her she laid her head on her pack and prepared to sleep.

In the morning she is up early doing her rituals to regain her spells, choosing more healing, as it seemed they were going to need them.

She then eats and sees the Connall eats and is read to be off when all the others have done whatever they needed to do to be ready for the next tests. She knows Haila was not responsible for what happened, but she hopes, that one of the tests could not be won by a single person, and that they could catch up to her.




Posted on 2009-02-01 at 18:28:05.
Edited on 2009-02-07 at 05:40:00 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne was up in the morning and felt better than she had, she knew the feeling, she had healed. "I think I have been healed, anyone else feel like they are all healed up."

Eaten some the food provided by the magics Rayne finished quickly and then filled her waterskin. Any food that is transportable she takes some of and packs it way. fresh or died fruit or vegetables. Rayne took out her whetstone and quickly sharpen and oiled all her weapons when done she was ready to go.

"Ready for the next test." Rayne states. "I made sure to take a hold person in case we run into Haila. I plan to use it first if I can."


Posted on 2009-02-07 at 04:21:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


The next step taken

The party once more rested, fully healed and with spells at the ready, took a moment to once again partake of the food before them in a sort of breakfast. Rayne not wanting to see anything go to waste was quick to wrap up much of the leftovers for another meal, only to watch as the portions eaten or taken by her magically reappeared.

“Hmmm perhaps we should stay” Pondered Althena in a humorous tone as she moved to place her hand gently upon Conall’s arm in a sign of friendship. “After all how often do we have an all you can eat buffet given freely”

With gear packed and weapons to hand and Ulthok in the lead once more they moved out of the room. Kenji being the last one to leave took one last look into the room as he closed the door to watch as the food, tables, cots and all the rest disappeared, the room empty once more.

Within the next five minutes the party made 2 left hand turns and 1 right to find themselves once more before a wooden door the same as all the rest. However unlike the last one this one was securely closed no sign of Haila having passed this way could be found. It was almost as if the human Fighter/Mage had simply vanished into thin air, but then again it had been over 8 hours since she had attacked the party and guided by the sword it was possible she had found another way to get to it.

With the next door found Ulthok did his thing and the result was the same no traps or hidden devices found and within a few seconds the door was open to reveal the rooms interior. Before Cor and the rest, the party could see was a very strange type of room, where the others had been empty, this one was not. The room appeared in actuality to be a 30x60 rounded tunnel made of pure crystal, with only a narrow one person wide walkway of stone running down its center to a door once again on the northern most wall.

Was this the next test or just another room, the only way to find out would be to enter, who was going to enter first?..............................

(OOC: Ok here’s my post for this week, make of it what ya will .
Also for any of you who do not yet know Duncan74 has graciously accepted my plea to take over the character of Divot so please welcome him to Trilogy if you have as yet not done so.
Dragonmist, as your new brother please help him get started on that aspect of his character, I’m counting on you my dear friend to get him up to speed. And for the rest of you please interact with him better then ya did with Sneaky1 and show him he is LOVED!! .

Ok next post next Saturday.)


Posted on 2009-02-08 at 05:44:13.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


Onward

"Well Ulthok, care to take the lead. Seems simple enough ta walk thru a wee crystal tube. A'course that likely means certain death in this place." Cor looked at the others. I think it best to space ourselves out and perhaps let the lad cross before the next one tries."


Posted on 2009-02-12 at 04:05:09.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne has her bow out and takes up a position towards the middle of the group's order of travel. A sharp-tipped arrow already notched held ready to draw and fire in one smooth motion of long practice.

Moving easily over the stone, Rayne moves with near soundless steps. She kept her eyes busy scanning all around her, which included up and down.


Posted on 2009-02-12 at 06:18:23.
Edited on 2009-02-23 at 06:03:48 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"Would it not be wise to put a rope on him." Cynil reaches into her haversack to pull out her rope.

She moves up and hands him the rope, "I thrust that your skill with a rope is better than mine, now maybe Connall, and, or Cor can hold the other end."


Posted on 2009-02-19 at 20:22:01.
Edited on 2009-02-19 at 21:51:32 by Dragon Mistress

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


All or nothing

Conall hearing the words Cynil, he removes his drop pack, “At least the pack will remain safe,” and steps forward and takes the other end of the rope and secures it soundly around his waist, “Divot, it is all or nothing,” Conall says as he looks to Divot and waits to see what Divot does with his end of the rope.


Posted on 2009-02-22 at 21:08:38.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Well you, my friend, have already shown us repeatedly that you are overeager to try out new things even when your life is at risk, even when it is unnecessary to risk it yet. Reminding the halfling of his habit of just trying things out with first hand. "Remember, I have only one raise dead a day." Althena needs to be alive only her presences will allow us to get through these tests.

Rayne remembered the halfling's attempt at the door to this underground hold. He had stuck in his hand into the depression and pulled it out with and impish grin as if to say nothing happened. And then he keeled over dead.


Posted on 2009-03-06 at 17:59:51.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


Ready

Cor watched as the rope was tied. "Well either your in good stead to pull the lad out or get pulled in yourself." Cor patted Connel on the shoulder, "With the ways things have been going I'll wager on the latter."

"Guess we are as ready as we're gonna get so let's get to getting."



OOC: If Divot thinks himself a dwarf he needs a beard, more drinking practice and of all things a bath (that is saying a lot coming from a dwarf).


Posted on 2009-03-08 at 04:16:44.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.