The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3924 registered users. Our newest member is Mystic.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)LLE - WoT
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Cor, if you hang on to Conall and play anchor that should hold both of them steady," comments Rayne in jest but not entirely lighthearted,

"Actually, it might be a good ide to put a rope on Conall just to be sure."


Posted on 2009-03-08 at 05:00:20.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Is it The Time Tunnle?

It seems that Altheans' father had the foresight to see that anyone trying to get through the tests and recover the said sword who would be with his daughter may need some time to rest and rebuild after passing through some of the tests, so to the parties good fortune a safe room was encountered where they could not only rest and recover, but they where served a good table of food and drink.

Ulthok took full advantage of this and fed himself well before he had retired and studies his spell book for the coming day. Upon awaking to find himself very well rested and a new table full of breakfast foods he once again feeds well and if it can be done will fill all his skins with water.

After which they all head out after five minutes the party made 2 left hand turns and 1 right to find themselves once more before a wooden door the same as all the rest after doing what he does Ulthok declares the door safe and it is a once opened. Looking through this door however the party sees a passage like none they have encountered so far.

What the party could see was a very strange type of room, where the others had been empty, this one was not. The room appeared in actuality to be a 30x60 rounded tunnel made of pure crystal, with only a narrow one person wide walkway of stone running down its center to a door once again on the northern most wall. It is decided rather quickly that they should move through the tube one at a time and should rope together. Since Ulthok is the only one who can check for traps and such he will go first without any hesitation.

The halfling takes up the offered rope and securely ties it around himself. Having one last thought before heading in looking at the rounded room and it's dimensions he feels that maybe some different footwear may be in order here for stick toit ness might be more beneficial than jumping and springing about inside the tube. So before he heads in Ulthok will remove his boots (which will change his ac by 1 ) and instead wear his slippers of spider climbing so if need be he could climb all over the crystal tube (he hopes). So now prepared he takes his first tentative steps into the crystal tube.

He studies both the way in front of him checking and watching for any trip wires, or loose stone work, or bumps anything that looks like it could be a trigger for traps, as well he studies as best he can the crystal walls that surround him. If it is possible he will reach out to touch and feel the crystal structure, but his primary motive is to make sure there is a safe path for the rest of his party to pass through with out danger.

If all goes well and he reaches the other door he will preform the usual checks on it and if found to be safe will call back to the others,
OOC: A question about this tube is the stone walk the only passage to move on so we can't gather but must remain single file
BIC:So far all seems safe and this door also looks clear do you want me to attempt to open or wait till we are all together.









Posted on 2009-03-11 at 11:58:20.
Edited on 2009-03-11 at 11:59:03 by Dragonmist

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne


Rayne moves up to stand near Cor and assist him with holding the rope. She knew if the body dropped for a long distance that it would feel heavier when it hit the end. She didn't know why it did, but she knew it to be true for experience. The faster a thing pulled against you the harder it was to resist. That much she knew. A horse that lunged away was harder to hold than one who walked away


Posted on 2009-03-11 at 21:00:21.
Edited on 2009-03-11 at 22:35:04 by Brianna

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6167 Posts


GAME ON!!

With the room before them revealed it was up to the party as to who would go first and in what order. With the stone bridge only wide enough for single file crossing the order of march would be most important if this was indeed the third test.

With no hesitation Cor gave the task of leading to Ulthok as the teams only trap ‘specialist’ he as always was the best choice to go first. With a rope tied around his waist, held by both Conall and Cor and also Rayne, the Halfling Thief/Mage began to cautiously move across the narrow stone bridge.

His goal to check for traps and reach the northern door was quickly put on hold as with his 7th step forward the rounded wall began to revolve around the stone bridge and with surprised looks upon everyone’s face a body incased in webbing upon the wall, previously out of sight, came into view.

Only this was no dead body as the eyes, the only part not webbed, were alert, clearly pleading for help, clearly showing the person incased to be alive. Incased as the person was in thick webbing it was at first hard to tell whether it was male or female. However as the angle changed and the person passed above them it became very clear that the incarcerated was female, yet of what race all that could be determined was that she was clearly belonging to one of the taller races.

Was she good, was she evil, how did she get here, how did she get webbed to the wall, all valid questions needing an answer. The first step to receiving some would be to get her off the wall. However with said wall moving that would be easier said then done...............

(OOC: Ok decided since I had the day off due to rain shutting down the park I would post early.

So now ya got a trapped female somehow webbed to the wall, is she good or evil and how do you get her down is up to you. Just be aware this could also be part of a trap if this room is in reality the third test.

Decisions, Decisions........

Ok depending on my work schedule I will be posting either Saturday or Sunday night next week.)


Posted on 2009-03-13 at 21:55:20.
Edited on 2009-03-14 at 03:23:22 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2147 Posts


Rescue or trap

Cor held the rope and watched Ulthok's advance. It took but seven steps for Cor's hunch to be proven right; this would not be a simple walk through a tube. The walls began to spin around and a web encased body came into view. Somehow, a female something had gotten webbed; but by what?

"Hold Ulthok, do not touch her!" Cor called in warning. "We canna tell if the wee lass is in peril or is a trap set for us to find." Motioning to Connel, "If you would be so kind as ta sense whether our find is good or evil."

"Once Connel is finished, if teh lass be good we will see about a rescue. If she be evil then, well lets just hope she is good. Keep a sharp eye out and have weapons at the ready. Unless she is a trap I doubt she webbed herself so there is likely some beastie in the hallway."


Posted on 2009-03-14 at 14:10:44.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne to the Rescue

Good or evil was knowing necessary for them to figure out before they recused her. Trap was important not whether they were good or evil not to her so much in this situation. Well it was a bit malicious or vile evil she would kill cleanly and not leave to this sort of death.

Rayne spoke up. "A good idea to know she called out loudly so Ulthok and the others could hear. "Whether it detects fair or foul, I will not leave anyone to hang here webbed waiting for a long slow death by starvation or y some chance monster." Another thought occured to her., "Besides it might be Haila driven on by whatever possessed her through this next test and she got caught."

Rayne turned to look about to see if she could see the sorce of origin of where that web spell ot natural web had come from. To her they way the female was stuck to the wall it seems it might not be by a spider but rather a spell. A spider would capture and wrapped up its prey This woman or at least humanoid female was plaster to the crystal tu wall.

"Beware of what might be the source of that web. I have a suspicion that it might not be a spider's web,considering how it plastered its captive to the wall of the tube like that."

"But I could be mistaken." Rayne finishes as she stepped so that she vould get a clear shot just to the side of Cor.


Posted on 2009-03-14 at 17:41:29.
Edited on 2009-03-18 at 20:44:11 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil wanted to help, but there was no way she was strong enough to hold on the rope. She looks carefully at the female and what she has on in clothing. She will compare it to what she had last seen Haila in. If it is a match she will alert the others.

"Fire will take out the web, but we also need to do it when she is nearing the top so that she falls onto the walkway."

I can get oat a torch and light it if you want?"


Posted on 2009-03-19 at 03:29:36.
Edited on 2009-03-19 at 03:33:23 by Dragon Mistress

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


A fly on the wall

Having spent the night webbed to the wall in a more than awkward position, The female figure bound in webs brightens as she finally sees someone coming. Then heaves a heavy sigh as she catches the gist of their conversation, and it seems clear they're going to be taking their time about releasing her.

When one of the people on the catwalk suggests burning the webs away, her gray eyes widen in horror, and she shakes her head from side to side as vigorously as the restrictive webs allow. A muffled "mo mire, mo mire" coming from beneath the sticky mass covering most of her face.


Posted on 2009-03-19 at 04:00:49.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne's idea

Rayne suddenly has an idea. "Okay we can lower whoever is game down I can go myself. down on a rope while the woman is rotated under the walkway. Whoever goes down can take time to cut her free letting the rope hang free from then. The rest can work the rope over the walkway giving the cutter enough time to do this and when the web free rrom the wall since we can wait later to free her from the web itself. Then when ready they can be pulled up."

"By the way keep a sharp lookout for any giant spiders if that is what cause this."


Posted on 2009-03-20 at 03:35:07.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Test or a Rescue

As he takes his seventh step along the stone walkway that is surrounded by the crystal tunnel the tunnel begins to rotate. At first it causes a little vertigo to Ulthok but it passes quickly then the surprise as a totally webbed figure turns into view. He can tell it is female but that is about it being fully web except for the eyes.
OOC: quick clarification needed since we can see the eyes what color are they really could really help to know.

BIC: Ulthok listens to all of the ideas that are being tossed about then makes his own suggestion. Well first we do not want to use fire that will definitely cause damage to whoever is under all that webbing, but cutting her free from the wall almost fully then tying the rope to her and then finish cutting quickly should get her free, and besides if we leave her mostly webbed she shouldn't be able to move to hurt us. I suggest that I be the one to cut her free since I am wearing my spider climb slippers I should be able to grasp onto the rotating wall then release my rope to dangle there and while hanging onto the wall cut her loose tie the rope to her and let you guys pull her out. My only concern right now is that hopefully there is not some nasty hiding underneath this walk waiting for me to rotate around to them. Speak up friends what's you think.


Posted on 2009-03-20 at 12:10:08.

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


Wall flower

Still webbed securely to the wall, the figure above listens to the conversation below and once again tries to shake her head from side to side. She speaks... but what comes out is barely, if at all, intellgible.

"mare ib no mider, muff miffell mavig"


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 02:52:38.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


The druidess listen carefully to the muffled words and tries to make sense of them.

"mare ib no mider, muff miffell mavig"

She repeated it again and again trying to talk as if her mouth were muffled.

After a few moments, and after Rayne makes her suggestions she interjects. "I think she is trying to say "There is no spider." But the other part is harder. I think some of the m's are s's and some m's are m's, Also the f's I think are s's so she might meand miss or mess--missle magic."

She looks to the webbed woman. "Can you move somthing or say yes if I get it right. Does the first part mean that there is no spider?"


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 03:13:50.
Edited on 2009-03-21 at 03:15:16 by Dragon Mistress

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


Subtleties

The webbed one listens as one the women below speaks.

"I think she is trying to say "There is no spider." But the other part is harder. I think some of the m's are s's and some m's are m's, Also the f's I think are s's so she might mean miss or mess--missle magic."
She looks to the webbed woman. "Can you move somthing or say yes if I get it right. Does the first part mean that there is no spider?"
Through tremendous effort, the figure shrouded in sticky webs, gives a barely perceptible nod of her head. "Mo mider... mavic mebs...miffell mavic... mo mor mebs."

Desperately praying that someone would understand her, because let's face it, being pasted to the wall all night is unpleasant under the best of circumstances, but now she was hungry, had been forced into an awkward position for hours and hours, and worst of all the webs itched terribly, she repeated again, as loudly and as clearly as she could, "mavic mebs.... miffell mavic... mo mor mebs".


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 03:28:33.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2147 Posts


Rescue it is

From the looks of things it appeared that this was not a trap. Whatever it was in the webs seemed to be trying to communicate. One thing was certain; it didn't like the idea of using fire. After a bit of time it seemed that there was no spider and the webs were magical in nature.

"Well, it seems we are all bent on setting the lass free. Trying to lower someone to her would be a might tricky with the spinning and all. Unless anyone has an objection I will try timing a dispel magic spell so she drops onto the walkway." Cor waited a moment for any objections and then readied his spell; trying to get the timing just right.


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 03:37:54.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

"Web Magic and Magic Missles, that is what she is saying....I think"


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 04:05:56.
Edited on 2009-03-21 at 06:24:28 by Dragon Mistress

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.