The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by breebles)Game of Thrones S8
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Okay Ulthok, that disspell is good though I suggest just physical actions to save her so you can save your spells. If you want to go ahead, I will get ready to catch her. Rayne takes out her rope and fastens a loop just in case the we captive dows not exactly fall onto the walkway. She balances herself as best she can and keeps an eye on the webbed captive.


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 06:42:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A New Dawn

A party on the edge of yet another test or trap now faced with yet another choice, to rescue the captive female, or not. With a pause to discuss the many possible options before them it was finally Cor who figured the best way to undertake said rescue.

With Ulthok, his Slippers of Spider Climbing active, ready upon the wall to help guide the females fall Cor cast the spell Dispel Magic upon the webbing and watched as it quickly disappeared.

Ulthok, his dexterity giving him the edge, was able to arrest the speed and direction of her fall to where she was easily caught by the Paladin Conall, who eased her gently to the ground to stand before the rest of the party.

The party now fully able to see who they had rescued saw before them a tall and slender half-elf with short glossy black hair, gray eyes and very fair skinned. Clad in leather armor, a rapier and dagger on her belt the only signs of melee weapons. On her back could be seen a bow, a quiver of 20 arrows and a lute strapped to either side of a very weather beaten leather haversack.

Clearly as one or two had feared this was not their errant human teammate Haila but an all together new and smiling stranger, introductions welcome...............


(OOC: Ok rescue successful, intro’s please. Next post next Sat or Sun depending on my work schedule)


Posted on 2009-03-22 at 05:12:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Curious

"Alright lass, you are free of the webs now please tell me how exactly you came to be up there in the first place." Cor looked her straight in the eye and his hand hovered near his throwing axe. Such a meeting was a bit curious for a single person, working alone would have had to be very lucky to make it through the tests behind them. For the moment the possibility that this lass was part of a trap was still very high.


Posted on 2009-03-22 at 13:22:30.

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


Introductions

As a halfling climbed nimbly up the wall to her side, a well armored dwarf below began casting a spell. A moment later, the all-encompassing webs vanished and Evie began to plummet to the stone floor below. The halfling beside her reached out with one hand and deftly taking a moments hold on her backpack, swung her in the direction of another armored figure, in whose arms she landed.

Nicely done she though to herself, then as she got a good look at the man that caught her, Oooh,very nicely done. Finding herself face to face with, and still held by the tall armored man, she smiled and tucked a lock of stray hair back behind her ear. “Thank you.”

As the man set her down, she glanced around at the group, not noticing any particularly welcoming smiles. “Thank you all, that was terribly decent of you.”

“Alright lass, you are free of the webs now please tell me exactly how you came to be up there in the first place”, said the armored dwarf, his hand straying towards a throwing axe in his belt.

Taking half a step back, Evie bumped into another member of the party, and realized she was quite thoroughly surrounded.

Risking another smile she turned back to the dwarf. “I suppose I owe you at least that much.”

She pauses a moment pondering, then begins... “I was born the child of a poor wandering...No, no. I don't think we need to go that far back”, she muses to herself. “Well I can't honestly tell you when I got up there, as I was knocked unconscious in the process, and didn't wake until I heard your group approaching.... but, it all started when I decided to visit a friend in Gygax. I'm a minstrel you see,” indicating the lute on her back, “and was on my way from Tarsis to Tor Miral. I had stopped in Shiraka for the night when I decided to visit a friend in Gygax, which was more than a bit out of my way, but I don't often get to this neck of the woods, so I decided, what the hell?

“I had made camp by the side of the road one night, when I saw a light flickering up on the mountain... Drow Mountain, that is", she waved her hand at the vaulted stone overhead. “I've traveled this way a few times, but had never seen any such thing before and it struck me as decidedly curious. In the morning I decided to investigate. I'm something of a veteran traveler, and thought perhaps someone had gotten lost and was in trouble, Drow Mountain can be a dangerous place. In any event, the oddest thing began to happen. As I got closer and closer to the mountain, I began to hear a voice in my head, promising me all manners of wealth and glory. Now, I've been performing on the road for quite some time, and I've been promised everything but the sun and moon by obsequious promoters and told they'd make me a star.... anyway, I wasn't buying this voice in my head any more than I was the promises of stardom from them.”

The half-elf pauses a moment, and not wanting to reach for her own water-skins lest someone interpret the movement as a threat, “Could one of you spare something to drink? I'm parched.”

Assuming someone is kind enough to give her something to drink, she continues “Where was I? Aah, yes, the voice in my head. Though I wasn't falling for its promises, I was certain that an interesting tale lay behind it, one more than worth learning. So I continued on, following its lead. And it lead me to a cave... well, hardly a cave, more of a crack in the side of the mountain, and it urged me on. It was frightfully narrow and I wasn't even sure I'd be able to fit, but I managed. At one point it got so tight I had to drag my pack and weapons behind me on a rope, but with some considerable effort I was able to squeeze through. And I found myself just there,” she points back the way the party had come.

"The voice urged me in this direction, so I came. As I approached this crystal tube, wondering what would be the best way to cross, I heard another voice behind me. This one was very much not in my head. As I turned to see, I was engulfed in a wave of webs and hurled bodily against the wall. Quite violently at that. But before I lost consciousness, I caught a glimpse of a young blond haired woman. It was she that webbed me.”

“The next thing I knew, I felt the wall turning and heard your group. Much to my delight, you decided to release me, for which I am profoundly grateful.” She then sketches a courtly bow, “Mithdëmiel Anaaithalda Faelandalan, at your service. But most people just call me Evie.”


Posted on 2009-03-22 at 19:49:51.
Edited on 2009-03-22 at 20:04:02 by Deathwysh

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


good enough

Cor listened and when the young lass asked for a drink he handed her his flask, "Careful, tis not water in there darling so don't gulp it down."

He listened to the rest of her story and then scratched his beard. "Seems you met our former companion Halia. T'was her that webbed ya. Those voices are evil and have gotten to her. I am satisfied that you are not a threat." The dwarf's hand moved away from his weapon and one reached out, "I am Cor, Knight-Cleric of Odin and leader fo this gaggle. That one you find so charming is Connel, a paladin of Odin and apparently an attracter of feminine interests." He made introductions all around and then added "We seek a truly vile and evil artifact in order to destroy it. If you wish you may join us; though it might mean your death. If not, you are free to make your own way." He waited for both an answer and the inevitable small talk that went with first meetings.


Posted on 2009-03-22 at 21:42:26.

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


Onward!

After taking a healthy swig from the offered flask, Evie coughs a few times, attempts to speak, coughs a bit more, gasps, suppresses a full body shudder, wipes tears from her eyes, and suddenly understands how all those dwarven chanters acquired their gravelly voices. Handing the flask back to its owner, she nods her thanks, and manages to squeak out a barely audible, “Smooth”.

Once her tale is finished, she listens intently as the dwarf introduces himself and the others. “I came for a tale, and a tale I shall have, and frankly, yours presents a much grander cast of characters than the one in which my hapless heroine got glued to a wall while failing to overcome her very first challenge. Hardly the stuff of legend. But be that as it may, yes, I'll gladly join you.”

Taking a moment to drink a bit of her own water, she settles all of her belongings back in their proper spots, smiles and asks, “So... what's the plan?”


Posted on 2009-03-22 at 23:42:10.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


plan?

Cor laughed as teh lass sputtered after taking his offered drink. "Smooth indeed, be glad I did na give ya he cheap stuff. That will put hair on your chest it will."

After taking a sip himself he answered her question, "The plan? Simple, find the artifact and make sure this fine lady here" motions to Althena "gets a chance to destroy it. We are a bit shaky on the particulars of the plan however."


Posted on 2009-03-23 at 04:10:17.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne listened to the young watch the yong woman's actions as she was brought down and then her responses to Cor. She liked what she saw and what she heard as well. The young hal-elf bard hndled herself well and spole well. Bards are good at tales but she was intelligent enough to get to the important part. Haila again still apparently possessed and doing the bidding of the evil that wantd the sword.

Asking for a drink Cor hands he his skin of spirits. The woman splutters after taken a long sip. Rayne has had the same reaction to that dwarven stuff. She sympathized with the girl as she coughed and wiped the tears out of her eyes.

"I don't think she needs any hair on her chest, Cor." Rayne laughs. "That cheap stuff he talks about takes rust off of armor better than any cleaner I know. What do your friends call you for a short name?" Rayne says with a smile. "By the tiime I got all of that out to save your life it would be too late and poor Divot here might never remember it all," she adds, patting the small halfling fighter on his head.

After everyone introduces themselves.

'I think we need to keep moving forward now that introductions have been made. This test can't be this simple."


Posted on 2009-03-23 at 04:42:35.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


The Voices Continue to Guide through the darkness

(Posted with Permission of DM
Haila had woken in the night, eyes snapped open towards the sound of the voice in her head. She had managed to fight it with difficulty compared to the others. It was easy enough to fight the voice when you were awake, but in dreams you were more susceptible to the voice. In unconsciousness, you had a harder time deciding between the good and evil. Your mind slept, but your body obeyed. By the time you realized you were taken, it was too late. The Sword had control over her body, and her conscious mind her actions no longer her own.

However her subconscious mind was still her own and the thoughts of defiance proved it. Watching as her body and mind doing what the sword wanted it to was as if she were outside her body looking in as if she were another person entirely. This she knew for certain for after releasing the fireball against her friends the anguish and rage inside her turned to pleading with her mind to turn around and apologize to them for everything she had just done.

Nooo. I'm sorry for not being strong enough. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry that I can't escape this feeling. I should have known better than to sleep. I knew that I was easily convinced once my mind detached from logical thinking while I slept. I pray to the Gods that none of you are too badly hurt. I don't know how I could live knowing I killed my friends. I must find a way to escape from this curse. To be able to make my own choices again. I have to find a way to regain control of my body. My mind is being ruled by the will of the Sword. But I still have this small part this subconscious and it seems that I can still think clearly here, without the Sword knowing my thoughts, but how do I regain full control, how!!.
In that moment her body had come to the door where the water had ceased, and she refused to enter, yet entered without hesitation, her thoughts soared from one extreme to the other, yet the pull of the sword was still greater in her mind than her will to stop. The room was empty of everything, nothing was offered to her, but she felt pain as she walked through this room. The feeling somebody gets when they know they've done something wrong, and have been caught. Yet she scanned the room and her instincts were stronger than the pull of the sword. Her eyes scanned every corner, yet nothing revealed itself. No person, no eyes on the walls, no voice, besides that of the Sword. It was a room with nothing but the feeling of disappointment, the feeling of pain, and the feeling of sorrow. Haila was aware she was being watched, but she saw no one, even looking behind her, she could tell the party was still recovering from what her body had done to them. Feeling guilty, and sad, and hurt, and depressed, the will of the Sword grew stronger with such emotions. Her body moved against her will, towards the door at the opposite end of the empty room. It wasn't until she was halfway through the room that she realized that the room was cold. She could see her breathe, it was almost as if she could smell the outdoors. Life existed somewhere nearby. The outside world. Perhaps freedom from this cursed Sword, however the Sword continued the pull of her body towards the door. And before another thought could occur, she was through the door, with no chance of getting back to the party.

Haila's mind wandered over the things she would say, and do, if she saw the party, or sensed them. In that moment she remembered about her Familiar. Sorrow engulfed her, and again the power of the Sword washed over her more securely. She had released the fireball, and it had surely hurt him, because she had felt pain beyond anything she had ever experienced. Her thoughts now disturbed as she noticed a woman ahead of her, yet the curse of the Sword weighed heavily upon her body. Again she cast a spell, though this one was minor. She cast web upon the woman, as her body eased past her into the next room. The tests were either getting easier, or her body didn't need the breaks, or the food, or water as it had before her quick night's sleep.

The woman was obviously half-elf, and yet Haila's subconcsious mind was screaming for help, her eyes showed fear for what she would do. The web was cast and it was almost as if she wanted to cry. Worry increased the will of the Sword, and the voice spoke to her with the constant change of emotions she was experiencing. It would only be a short time before the Sword realized that she still, in this small part of her mind, had control of her thoughts. The sword spoke to her in a soothing manner

"I have promised you power, and riches. I have proven the power to you. Nobody dare stand against you now. We are getting closer, can't you feel it?" she would not answer, not react to the words. In her mind she was trying to figure out how she would defeat the curse.
The woman to whom she had webbed, was an innocent person, but perhaps the Sword felt her as a threat. At this time, she thought about Divot. She cared for him so intensely so strongly that the pain was great.

Wait what was that… had her body paused for just a second… had she had control of it again? Had the sword lost its grip on her, was strong emotion it's weakness.
Her body was still under the control of the sword, but she now had a chance. Not thinking of the possible consiqunces she willed her emotions to pour forth, her new found love of Divot, her feelings of safety and friendship with the other members of the party. Her happyness at having friends, her pain at losing both Taila and her mother, the pain of Niamedris wounds, the pain of losing so many party members Af’til, Alasdair, Magma, the Firbolg Samson. The Ranger, Hawk, the Gnome Thief, Flit and the strongest feeling of pain the death of Divot if only for a few short minutes. The Swords grip began to loosen.

She thought of the one time they were together, she and Divot, and how wonderful the making of love had been, wondering if she would see him again, what her body would do when she saw him. The rest of the party was like family, but there was nothing like Divot in her eyes. He was perfect to her, the way he spoke, the way he looked at her, just everything.

Then as if awaking from a bad dream the Swords voice was gone, no fanfare, no big pop, no black smoke pouring from her mouth, it was just gone and she was once again herself, falling to the ground exhausted Haila Torrin Fighter/Mage was herself once more............


(DM OOC: OK everyone as you can see our girl Flirt is again playing Haila. Lets all welcome her back but for the record at this time Haila is of course NOT with the party.)


Posted on 2009-03-27 at 00:44:29.
Edited on 2009-03-27 at 02:14:08 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"i am Rayne Fireheart. Glad we were able to get you out of you predicament," Rayne offers the young half-elf woman once she had finished speaking. Rayne thought that the perpetrator was most likely Haila still under the control of the sword. They would still have to meet that problem once they found her again, or when she found them. Arayne painfully remembers that last occasion.


Posted on 2009-03-27 at 19:15:42.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil smiles and steps up a bit, "Welcome, I a Cynil, a Druidess, This is Conall, A paladin to Odin," she puts a gentle hand on his arm. "The Lady Althea, she point to Althea, "is the one who is the basis of our quest. I am glad we meet you and were able to rescue you, but you found your way into a great deal of trouble. I am sorry to say. You may wish a tale to tell, but we have to survive the rest of the test rooms, before such a thing can be written."

Cynil in one way was glad that it was not Haila, she did not know if Conall had yet settled from the attack on them be the Magess, and the heated difference of oppinion with Althea about what would happen to Haila when they found her.

Ok people what about the test of this room, I do not think it is quite over, as the Bard said, it was Haila that webbed her."

She turns back to the Bard. "Did you observe what Haila, the Magess that webbed you, did to get out of the room? Maybe we can do the same thing to finish offthe room."




Posted on 2009-03-27 at 19:52:53.

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


Evie

"i am Rayne Fireheart. Glad we were able to get you out of you predicament," Rayne offers the young half-elf woman once she had finished speaking.
“As am I” Evie replies, smiling, “Please, call me Evie”.

She then turns as others approach to make their introductions.

"Welcome, I a Cynil, a Druidess, This is Conall, A paladin to Odin," she puts a gentle hand on his arm. "The Lady Althea, she point to Althea, "is the one who is the basis of our quest. I am glad we meet you and were able to rescue you, but you found your way into a great deal of trouble. I am sorry to say. You may wish a tale to tell, but we have to survive the rest of the test rooms, before such a thing can be written."
Evie smiles, “ A pleasure. Charmed. Delighted.” she replies to each in turn, not failing to note the placement of Cynil's hand. “I'm very thankful that you happened along as well. The prospect of spending eternity as a fly in a web was more than a bit gloomy. And though I may have landed myself in a difficult situation, I'm no stranger to such things, and by the looks of this group, neither are you.

(Cynil)... turns back to the Bard. "Did you observe what Haila, the Magess that webbed you, did to get out of the room? Maybe we can do the same thing to finish off the room."
Evie shakes her head in reply, “Sadly, all I saw was a brief glimpse of her before her my head slammed into the wall. I'm afraid I saw and heard nothing else until your arrival.” She turns in place, getting a good look at the room. “If she alone was able to find a way, surely all of us together can do so as well.”

((OOC: Can we get a thorough description of this room? I'm not certain just how it looks. In my mind's eye I'm seeing a crystal tube with a walkway down the center of it with a door at the far end, and got the impression that Evie was webbed to the wall near the door (or was it on the inner surface of the crystal tube?))

(DM OOC: Thats just how it looks and you were Webbed to the Crystal walls inner surface. There are no other outstanding features that you can see)



Posted on 2009-03-27 at 22:14:29.
Edited on 2009-03-27 at 22:20:53 by TannTalas

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


The door

Evie eyes the door at the far end of the walkway, "That appears to be the only way out, so that is the way your companion must have gone. She surprised me while I was still considering this crystal tube."

The half-elf lass then examines the entrance to the crystal tube very closely, checking for traps or other surprises. If she finds any, she'll attempt to remove them. If she finds any, or not, she'll still step back and cast Detect Magic on the tube.


(DM Correction: OK Deathwysh you were Webbed on the crystal wall near the entrance door. The exit door is still to the north across the narrow stone bridge so to check it you have to cross the walkway. Are you doing so??)
((OOC: NO! I've edited the above message to reflect that new information))


Posted on 2009-03-28 at 03:11:39.
Edited on 2009-03-28 at 04:12:01 by Deathwysh

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne moves up to back up Evie with her boy ready leaving room for the in-your-fce fighters to get in position

"Are you good at trap finding? If so, you will be a wonderful addition to our group. Ulthok, looks like you can spend full time a being our mage."


Posted on 2009-03-28 at 03:49:16.
Edited on 2009-03-28 at 03:51:37 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Moving on

"Alright, enough of the chit chat we need to get going. Sounds like Halia is still ahead of us so remember to watch out for her. Best we get to moving along. Lass, if ya don't mind you can lead the way. Pretty simple plan, move towards teh door until we spring whatever test is in this room and then deal with it." Cor moved to the middle of the group so he could best control things.


Posted on 2009-03-29 at 13:04:49.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.