The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members: Eol Fefalas, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by TannTalas)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne.

That's our Cor. Straight to the point. Get in and get it done," Raynes chuckles softly. but the seriousness of their situation is not forgotten.

Bow in hand arrow notched she moves just off to the side of Evie.


Posted on 2009-03-29 at 14:58:30.
Edited on 2009-04-09 at 21:22:26 by Brianna

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


A single Path ot Follow

The rescue of the strange Webbed female successful to reveal to the party a very pretty Half-Elvin Thief/Bard of good alignment, it was not long before the party had talked her into joining their mission. After all nothing a bard or thief for that matter enjoys more then a good story and the possibility of wealth.

After intro’s were offered and accepted by this new party member and after a successful check for traps by her upon the door entered through, it was once again Cor’s leadership pushing them forward.

"Alright, enough of the chit chat we need to get going. Sounds like Halia is still ahead of us so remember to watch out for her. Best we get to moving along. Lass, if ya don't mind you can lead the way. Pretty simple plan, move towards teh door until we spring whatever test is in this room and then deal with it."
And with that the parties attention once more was brought back to the matter at hand. Giving the new Half Elf the task of going first instead of Ulthok was perhaps the Dwarf’s way to test her out, perhaps not, but with the walls yet spinning and the walkway before them still needing to be crossed it seemed propagate.

With Evie, as with Ulthok, attached by a rope the Half-Elf Thief/Bard moved slowly across the bridge only to hear a faint click upon her 10th step and the sound of sliding panels from the walls around her. Hers were not the only ears to hear this sound as nothing was done to cover the loudness of them in this hollow chamber.

As the party watched crystal tiles rolled back to be replaced by 6’inch steel spikes, the exact number too difficult to count due the circling walls. Clearly the room was not as harmless as first perhaps hoped for. With Evie 10 paces forward upon the bridge and the rest of the party crowded upon the small entrance ledge clear to all danger lay before them. And as it always does in places where its hoped not to be that danger reared its ugly head as the spikes began to randomly fire, most aimed at the walkway and ledges on both sides of the room, and the walkway in between.


(DM OOC: OK we are once again in combat rounds starting now. None of the spikes managed a hit on the first volley even with a +3 factor for surprise so feel lucky. (D**N Dice!!) Next post next Sat or Sun.
Flirt I will post a separate post for Haila sometime tonight or tomorrow.)


Posted on 2009-03-29 at 19:08:36.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


A Haila of a predicament

Her tearing eyes opened, her body exhausted stirred, the pain in her head exquisite, her limbs very heavy. Yet for all of this one thing was clear Haila Torran was free, no longer the willing puppet of evil incarnate.

As her head cleared and the pain faded to a tolerable level she stood, cast her lone Continual Light spell, and gazed at the area around her finding herself in a small natural chamber. How she had gotten here was clear for a small crease in the stone wall was the only opening big enough to have allowed her entrance. As she looked closer at the stone walls she could see a number of smaller openings too small for anything even as large as a cat.

Her senses finally catching up with the rest of her she first noticed the smell of the area as if many dead things lay nearby, then her ears heard the sound of many scouring feet as if tiny creatures lurked nearby. The light turned downwards toward the sounds revealed to her eyes…many, many, small eyes all looking at her.

First one, then two, then three, then four five six of the creatures revealed themselves...Rats, very thin rats, with a quick closer look even Haila could clearly see now the hunger behind those eyes.

Hungry eyes that were now all looking at her..........

(DM OOC: Oh O looks like feeding time

Ok Flirt you too are now in combat rounds. The area you are in is small with the crease you entered through the only seemingly way out so think carefully of what your first combat round actions will be.)


Posted on 2009-03-30 at 22:34:28.

Deathwysh
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 0/0
47 Posts


Curses!

"Are you good at trap finding?” Rayne had asked as Evie headed down the walkway. Evie had been about to say “Good enough to have survived them all so far”, but as she was about to speak, she felt a distinct click beneath her foot as her weight activated a trap. Not quite as certain about her survival skills any longer she replied through gritted teath,“Not bloody good enough” as a hail of spikes flashed all around her, miraculously not a single one of them struck her.

It was just as far to the exit door as to the entance and there was no cover anywhere, so Evie sprinted for the exit. (OOC if the rope hinders her at all, she'll slip it off or slash it, whichever is faster. If she makes it to the exit door, she'll pray for the best, and try to open the door.)



Posted on 2009-03-31 at 03:04:04.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


desperate situation.

Her tearing eyes opened, her body exhausted stirred, the pain in her head exquisite, her limbs very heavy. Yet for all of this one thing was clear Haila Torran was free, no longer the willing puppet of evil incarnate.

As her head cleared and the pain faded to a tolerable level she stood, cast her lone Continual Light spell, and gazed at the area around her finding herself in a small natural chamber. How she had gotten here was clear for a small crease in the stone wall was the only opening big enough to have allowed her entrance. As she looked closer at the stone walls she could see a number of smaller openings too small for anything even as large as a cat.

Her senses finally catching up with the rest of her she first noticed the smell of the area as if many dead things lay nearby, then her ears heard the sound of many scouring feet as if tiny creatures lurked nearby. The light turned downwards toward the sounds revealed to her eyes…many, many, small eyes all looking at her.

First one, then two, then three, then four five six of the creatures revealed themselves...Rats, very thin rats, with a quick closer look even Haila could clearly see now the hunger behind those eyes.

Hungry eyes that were now all looking at her content about her sudden arrival. Haila wondered if she would survive, as her body was exhausted beyond anything she had ever felt. The room she was in was small, she was surprised she her self could fit in it and still move. Most of her spells would be useless in this situation as it would end up affecting her as well. Quickly flipping through her spells, she narrowed it down to two possible spells. Polymorph and Summon Shadow. Both would be useful in this situation, and the best ideas.

The woman had very little time to decide which spell to use, and she decided that Summon Shadow wouldn't be a good idea due to the lack of available space in the confinement. Haila sighed softly as she made the final decision to polymorph and prayed it was the right one. Her heart raced with fear, with anticipation and with very little hope. It was the first time she would have to fight by herself since embarking on this journey. Her heart swelled with pain as she realized she didn't even have her familiar for confidence. Biting her lip gently, she readied herself for battle as calmly as she could casting Polymorph.


Posted on 2009-04-02 at 11:25:10.

Fletch
The Last to Post
Karma: 19/15
237 Posts


Divot

"Oi! What's all this?!" Divot exclaimed as the spikes hailed down around them.

He made a mad dash to the other side of the room, skillfully avoiding the rain of death that spit down around them. He knew it was pure luck that kept him alive at this point, and he rushed to the door cursing to himself, "It's a wonder all these flyin' things don't run me through like one of them skewered melons we had back 'ome..." All he could do was keep running for the door, dodging the spikes wherever he could.

It was in sight and he'd almost made it. "'Bout time, I'd rather be back 'ome takin' a nap in me 'ammock. But noooooo."


Posted on 2009-04-02 at 17:53:24.

Vesper
Resident
Karma: 20/12
325 Posts


No such thing as failure, only death or success.

"Oi, what's this!" Divot exclaimed. "Bout time, I'd rather be back 'ome takin' a nap in me 'ammock. But noooooo."

"If we don't make it our of this, you'll be finding slumber in an eternal hammock," Kenji spoke with a small grin playing itself across his lips.

Now came the time for focus, using all of his mental strength and gathering his ki, the samurai sprang forward as fast as his feet could carry him. Let the spirits of your ancestors guide your feet. The thought sprang to his mind, and the samurai hoped that his reflexes would be fast enough to avoid the spikes that hurled towards him as he raced towards the exit.




Posted on 2009-04-02 at 19:02:03.
Edited on 2009-04-02 at 19:08:27 by Vesper

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


A spiky problem

Rayne followed Evie across the walkway towards the far door. HEr movenment quick but sure trying to be attentive to where her feet went as well as the incoming spikes being shot out of the revolving wall. It was the ones from the side and over head that would be the most dangerous. Her movement left the pathway clear for other to follow.

Hopefully, Evie will get the door out opened in short order. She bent over her to protect Evie form any incoming spikes so she could work without interruption.


Posted on 2009-04-02 at 20:40:20.
Edited on 2009-04-05 at 06:03:33 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


incoming

Cor heard the "click" and knew that nothing good ever came from that sound. Several members of the group ran towards the far door; he hoped it would be that simple but it probably would not be. In case the door would not open he readied himself to use his helm. Perhaps a wall of iron above and another below the walkway would shield them from the spikes or at least from most of them.


Posted on 2009-04-03 at 00:07:05.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Spikes and away

"fishing with new bait might bring us some luck" he thought as he held the rope. As usual luck spit on him instead of smiling for in a matter of moments spikes rained down and the new girl slipped free of the rope.

Seeing no useful action, he ducked under his shield and hoped for the best.


Posted on 2009-04-03 at 00:14:24.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Cynil kept her head down and grabbing her pack lifted it over her head, hoping for some sort of protection from it. Then she too ran.

Her heart was pumping wildly as she considered which one of her spells might work on the trap.


Posted on 2009-04-03 at 04:14:32.
Edited on 2009-04-03 at 05:30:26 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


feline aid

Cor suddenly realized that Halia's cat was in bad shape. Knowing it could not withstand even a single hit from a spike he cast a cure light wounds on the unconscious feline and hoped it would be enough for now.


Posted on 2009-04-04 at 13:37:41.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Oh O Chongo!! ROUND 1

With spikes flying, a revolving floor, wall and ceiling with a door on the far end offering freedom the time had come to make choices.

The first to act was the new comer Evie, finding herself half way between both doors she decided to go towards the exit, Rope thrown off and legs pumping she made it almost all the way untouched but then her luck ran out as not 1 but 3 spikes slammed into her. The pain almost blinding in its intensity almost made her pause, however the impact of the 3 spikes combined with her high dexterity actually helped to push the Thief/Bard the last few feet to the door. Taking a moment to breath the pain away she went to work on the door before her.

Conall seeing no way to help for the moment did the only thing he could think of and thus quickly knelt down close to the ground, his shield positioned as best he could for protection. With the sounds of spikes striking the shield, but not him, for the moment he was out of everybody’s way, a very good choice as events would prove.

Cor crouched and ready was thinking of the best way to give the others protection against this swarm of spikes and the helmet on his head was what he thought at first to use. However as he shifted to gain a better of view of just how he would do so, he felt the extra burden of Niamedris under his tabard and knew that the cat would have to come first this round. Summoning the power of a spell he quickly touched the cat and cast upon him a Cure light. It was good timing as just after the spell was successfully cast he was hit a glancing blow by a spike.
One second earlier and the cure spell would have been a waste and the Elvin cat would not be stirring as he was even now.

The next to act was the samurai Kenji, with his ki focused, he moved quickly just managing to avoid Rayne, Cynil and Divot as they too began to move forward. Though he had avoided them he still could not avoid all the flying spikes taking 2 into his body at various points. The impacts actually helping him to keep his balance on the narrow bridge he found himself quickly beside the newcomer Evie as she examined the door. Trying to cover her as best he could he awaited the out come of her search.

Althena, knowing it was too risky with so many of the party doing so, to try to make the far side of the room on such a narrow bridge, did as Conall had and crouched low seeking as much cover as possible. However unlike Conall she had no shield and the paladin in the heat of the moment had not offered to share his. Her eyes tracking the spent spikes as they hit and fell onto the rotating wall was taken aback as she watched them melt and reenter the making of the wall itself.
No steel spikes were these as first thought but crystal ones made to look as if steel. Crystal spikes that with failing to hit a living body came to rest at the bottom apex of the revolving wall and then within seconds melted back into it, giving it an endless source of ammo to shoot back at the party. As she started to shout a warning about what she had just seen, her luck or lack of, at that moment ran out as she was hit by no less then 5 spikes. The words of warning formed on her lips turning to a cry of pain as she, with the loss of over half her hit points, was knocked into unconsciousness.

With Cynil, Rayne and Divot all headed to the far side of the room at the same time, chaos’s and confusion were bound to happen. The narrowness of the stone bridge allowing only one person to cross it was just a matter of poor timing that found all 3 attempting it almost as one.

Added to the fact that spikes were flying everywhere the result of their attempt was bad. With 2 spikes hitting Cynil, a spike hitting Rayne and Divot totally missed by dodging at just the right time the three were forced physically into each other.
Dexterity not withstanding the whole incident ended with Divot on the bridge, still headed for the far door. Cynil forced by the impact of both spikes and teammates back towards the entrance door and Rayne, even with her high dexterity unable to keep her balance, found herself hanging for dear life off the side of the bridge, a spike embedded in her shoulder.

Then it was Ulthoks turn to act having made no move to cross the bridge he had watched as all of this had gone on before him. Evie making the far side of the bridge, wounded but alive, just behind her Kenji also hurt but he too alive. Althena was hit and quickly dropped to the ground, Cynil hit and forced back to the entrance way. Divot as always seeming to have the luck of the gods missed and moving across the bridge, and Rayne hanging from the bridge wounded and bleeding out. With no hesitation, even as 2 spikes struck him hard, he did the only thing he could do he turned to help Althena calling as he did to Cor whom he now saw had also escaped any major wounds.

“Cor, Althena is down, help me protect her.!”........
It was here that Evie finally got past the mundane protections on the exit door and picked its rather easy lock. With a quick intake of breath she swung the door open to find beyond it.... a stone wall, the door was a fake!....

INTERLUDE HAILA
She was in a small area, the crevasse entered through her only way out, hungry rats at her feet attacking, Haila mouthed the words of incantation quickly and cast the spell of Polymorph Self and was at once changed into a Owl. With her wings flapping she gained enough height to be out of the rats reach and with her size now small enough to manage the contours of the creavase she moved into its depths. However lacking the night time sight of a natural Owl her way was marred by a number of bashes as she ran into its walls. In what seemed like no time at all she had found her way back to the main tunnel of the redoubt and before a strange yet somehow familiar door.

As she hovered to listen to the sounds coming from within she could hear the noise of banging as if a number of mailed fists were striking the walls and the door. Then even with her human hearing she heard the muffled sound of a voice so very familiar.

“Cor, Althena is down, help me protect her.!”.......
(OK There you have it my post for the week enjoy…. Or not,
Next post next weekend same dungeon channel, same dungeon danger.)


Posted on 2009-04-05 at 23:00:03.
Edited on 2009-04-12 at 01:51:58 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


8 lives left

"Well cat, looks like you are down to 8 lives now. Pretty close shave that was." Cor was glad the cat was still alive. "Sure wish your mistress was here and on our side, she might be able to get past that stupid door. Of course she would probably have a tasty fish for her poor, injured kitty as well."

Cor surveyed the scene and tried to think of a useful plan. "Connel, see to Rayne! Someone check that door and make darn sure it isn't a "fake" fake magically hidden or an illusion of being fake. Everyone take cover as best you can and shout out any ideas."

He moved to Althena so he could use lay on hands.


Posted on 2009-04-05 at 23:52:36.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Desperate situation

As Ulthok stood at the far end of the tunnel watching the rest of the group attempt to cross he was unsure as to why they had decided to all cross at once there was not enough room in there so he stood at the far end and waited, since Cor had seen fit to test the new girls abilities.

However as he watched the whole thing came apart as Evie stepped on a part of the walk that unleashed a sudden flurry of some kind of spikes. He watched in horror as the party inside the tube scrambled several making for the far door and some just trying to crouch and avoid the onslaught, however no idea was working as it seemed each one of them was skewered by the deadly spikes. Trying to quickly think up a plan something comes to mind.

It seems that all the action is taking place on the top side of the walk way so he quickly removes his rope then lying flat to the floor drops the end down the left side of the walk with his slippers of spider climbing still on he will slip down the right side clinging to the bottom of the walkway then grabbing the rope end putting it in his teeth will climb back up and out to lay flat on the floor again. Then he will tie the rope to itself so it now forms a loop around the walkway.

Once again lowering himself so he is under the walkway he moves along the bottom down the length to the other end where he calls out to the new girl. Or anyone up there who can here him he inches towards the left side of the walk way and calls Evie or anyone up there lie flat and reach down here take the end of this rope and pass it over the walkway and drop it back down the other side once I get it tied there will be a rope hanging under here that we should be able to shimmy on to get back to the other side. If anyone is still strong enough to. He will wait to see if he gets any response.



Posted on 2009-04-06 at 14:20:54.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.