The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


The Clock Ticks

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

The Clock Ticks
Posted on 4/25/2005 at 3:51:39 AM (CST)

4 Chests now open, the contents yet inside. A green blob of slime oozing from a dead man’s ear. A party soon to once again be on the move...

Cor was eager and ready to help save the man before him yet after a few moments knew once again it would be futile to try.
For the 2nd time this day his skills of healing had not had a chance to save a life. The condition of the person in need beyond that of his skill. What was it about these halls so full of death that would not allow him to heal as needed for he knew it was not lack of skill. The halls obviously not natural but of magic made could the laws of magical healing be also not the same.? The dwarf had no way to know...

Conall yet concerned of this blob of slime suggested the use of fire to destroy it. Ready was he to gather torch or magic to do such, a clear threat in his mind to the party the slime surely was. It had killed the man before them leaving it living was not to the Paladin’s liking at all...

Dru was sorry for the death of the man before them, his last words echoing in her mind. But the group had not come for him but for the lady spoken of by him as he died… She gave her orders.
The contents of each chest a party member to carry.
Conall to carry the Jewelry, sacks and wand from chest one.
Alasdair to carry the 5 Vials horn and slippers from chest two.
The lady herself to carry the 4 vials, 2 rings, staff and cloak of chest three
And Ulthok to carry the 17 silk scrolls of chest four.
Then a marching order given and a note to destroy or bind the slime before them on the floor. Leaving it alive and free not an option in her mind...

Ulthok gathered the scrolls carefully and packed them away safe. Moving to Dru he told her of what he planned to do next knowing the uproar it could and probably would surely cause. The Halfling knew he was right even if any in the party thought it wrong.

Moving as not to hide his actions he first checked the now dead man finding nothing of any value or any importance on the body.

Then he moved into the guard room and to table upon which lay the body of Taila Torran. Waiting for words of outrage he stripped her body with as much respect as possible of any items yet useful to the party as a whole.

Upon completion he once again informed the Lady Dru of what he had found and packed it away. As he took his position in Dru’s order of march he yet awaited the outcry sure to come...

Ceasair having checked the door turned to the Lady Dru and signaled it was clear moving to the back of the party he waited...

Alasdair working quickly per the Lady’s orders moved to chest 2 and emptied it of its contents. Yet he could not release the dying man's last thoughts out of his own mind. The memory of his waking to find the Monastery under attack by a mixed force of Ettins, Orcs and something that looked to be a cross of human and Gnoll.
The attackers led by one cloaked it seemed in darkness riding upon a Dragon. A thing of up to now only legend a Shadow Wraith.

The long journey of he, the Lady Sunblayze and a handful of other souls both monks and soldiers taken as food and plunder. The torture of the Lady before them and the feast of 2 of the other captives almost driving the man insane.

Then the arrival at these caves, the monks and few soldiers separated into different area’s the Lady gone from all. The painful insertion into his ear of the feed for the Mimic the feel of it moving and eating its way into his body still very clear.

These memories had the Cavalier gained as the man died. Did he want to inform the others or was it better to keep it to himself.
A dilemma had he as he moved into the order of march once again using his abilities of Heightened Sense’s and Life Detection.

To his relief no danger did he find beyond the door the way it seemed for now was clear...

The party ready and formed up no traps or Enemy to their front.
All awaiting the order to move out...

(OOC: ok next post Sunday.)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:13:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


61

Mottle 2h
Newbie
Posts: 4
Reply | Edit

Post for The Week
Posted on 4/25/2005 at 2:33:19 PM (CST)

Cor kept an eye on the green slime. It did not appear to be sentient and made no movement towards any in the party. That was a good sign. Lady Dru had instructed that they either capture teh slime or destroy it. The dwarf had no desire to "capture" it. He turned to Conall,

"Looks like fire might be a good idea lad. Odin knows what would happen if I struck it with my hammer. Likely the slime would splatter and cause more mischief."

He waited for Conall to fetch teh fire and readied himslef to help burn the stuff.

As they were preparing to destroy the slime, Cor noticed the thief was checking the body of the dead man.
'Ahh, good idea. We may find something useful on him that may aid our quest.' he thought to himself. His mood shifted when the thief moved back into the room where Talia lay in rest. She was a friend and fallen comrade. The thief rumaged thru her belongings looking for items he deemed important. For a moment Cor thought about challenging this action. Such was an act of sacriledge in his mind. Then he took a deep breath and realized that perhaps not all held his views. He still did not sanction the act but since Lady Dru said nothing it appeared that their leader had and he would not challenge her in front of the group. He did however take a moment to move close to the thief and speak to him in a low tone.

"The bodies of those we defeat are fair game for searching for spoils but I am not happy with you taking items from our fallen. I will not disagree that items she had may prove useful but that is not the point. Such actions are on the level of grave robbing. Nothing further will I say on this issue other than if I am destined to fall and you feel the urge to relieve me of my belongings, fight it. Otherwise I might find a way to return and display my displeasure."

Cor took out his flask and offered his companion a drink.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Brave One, Odin is there.
Posted on 4/25/2005 at 3:46:36 PM (CST)

Conall hearing the words of the Lady Drusilia, moved quickly to the chest of her choosing. Conall gathered everything up from the chest with care and then made ready.

He then moved back to the side of Cor where the two did battle with fire and faith agenst the green slime. As Conall put flame to the green stuff Cor moved back, “A stench that you can not handle? This is truly a first, when I see Haili again and speak of this she will not believe her ears. Pardon the pun.” A smile drifted across his face. He could not except she might be dead. “Go Cor, see to the others I will make sure this gets done.”

When all the slime was burnt and all seemed safe Conall moved to where he saw Cor and Ulthok having a drink. As he moved closer the two became quite, “Brother Cor, may I have one of your flask of lamp oil. I am going to make Taila’s body ready for the fire.” He smiled at the two of them and made ready to leave.

While getting ready to leave his actions brought him into the once guardroom and that is when he noticed that something was not quite right. After a second or two of pause, ‘Taila, what have they done?’ Then Conall realized that who or what did this could not have been Orce, for they would have left the body tossed to the side and she was not. ‘Who ever did this must be part of our own party. Why?’ Conall goes about the task at hand. The crashing of wooden chairs and stools can be heard in the next room as he brakes up the wooden chairs, stools, and any other wood in the room and piles it under the table where the body of Taila is. He then empties the flask of lamp oil over the pile of wood and the body of Taila. Lighting the fire will be the last action Conall will take before the party moves on.

Seeing the body of Taila and the way it was left. Conall will say nothing of what he has found or did not find as the case maybe. “Taila, seek out my fore fathers. They have seen you in battle as I have. One of your skills can not travel here after with only armor and sword, they will equip you. For if they do not, they will dread the day Conall Glendower travels to the Halls of Valhala. Live on Brave One. Taila Torran you are already missed.” As Conall enters the room where the rest of the party is gathering a look of concern, animosity, and anger can be seen on his face. It seems that our almost fanatical paladin has yet another thing to contemplate.

‘Contemplate? There is nothing to contemplate my boy. You have a grave robber on your hands. Action! That is what is needed. Why do you just stand there? I was never one for god; I had no need for such things. I was a politician…’

“I know, never could I forget I was the son of a politician. Always politics, Politics by sword and by death. Never the people, not once did you concern yourself with the people. You never let your family forget that.” Conall shook off the voice and waited for the group to head out so he could start the fire that would take the body of Taila to the other side.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

what to do?
Posted on 4/25/2005 at 7:54:23 PM (CST)

As Hawk stood guard at he door per Dru's orders, he saw the thief move to the body of their fallen comrade from the corner of his eye.

"As much as it pains me to see this done. It is a wise idea, better we use anything she may have had, than it be used against us by any who may yet find her!"

Hawk draws his long sword, and continues guarding the door waiting for the party's next move.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

The end of one room the beginning of the next.
Posted on 4/26/2005 at 10:37:11 PM (CST)

After returning from the guards room Ulthok first checks back with Dru to let her know he had done what he said and was finished.He scanned around to catch what action was still going on in the room. As he watched Conall trying to burn the slime that had exited the dead guards ear Cor strolled over to where he was and quitly spoke to him.

"The bodies of those we defeat are fair game for searching for spoils but I am not happy with you taking items from our fallen. I will not disagree that items she had may prove useful but that is not the point. Such actions are on the level of grave robbing. Nothing further will I say on this issue

Ulthok listens to what he has to say and when he offers him a drink of his dwarven liquor he accepts.He Takes a long slow pull of the fiery liquid and wipeing his mouth when finished he speaks.I knew that not everyone would agree with my actions,and i appreciate your approach to voicing your objections to what I have done.Now I would just like to say one thing about it and then I to will put it behind.If you noticed I took neither any armor or weapons that she had for I too belive one should be laid with these items for their journey to the hallowed halls.I did however remove her backpack and any pouches she may have been carring.Now I have packed these things without even a peek at what they contain.It is my feeling that there is one who is not here right now but that I belive to be alive and when we find her I think she may want some personal items from her slain sister.She may want something physical of her sisters to connect with.Now I know Talias memory will live forever in all our minds but I know from experence that sometimes one has a need for something to touch of a lost kin.So when we rescue Halia I intend to turn these items over to her and she can do what she sees fit with them.Nuff said.


Once finished talking to Cor he feels a little on the depressed side all that talk about dead kin and such was bringing back bad memories again that he tried to keep repressed.Lord O Lord did he understand the feelings that come with the lose of a sister or brother and the guilt that can come from being present when they were slain and not being able to help.How often had he wished that he had something anything that he could hold in his hand that had been something of his brothers.How his brain hurt sometimes as he would try to remember the way his brother was before, before the horrable attack before all the blood all the cutting and screaming.

Once again Ulthok found himself staring blankly and hurting all over he did not understand why the memory of his brother keep coming back to haunt him so often in last couple days.He could usually keep the pain and memories surpressed much better.It was probally the lose of Talia and knowing her sister was still out there somewhere.He needed to get back into action and fast.He was much better when he had things to do to keep him occupied.He goes over to their leader Dru to talk.


Ok Lady I have checked out the dead guard there was nothing there.I have packed everything else up into my pack.If there is nothing else you need me for I am ready to proceed lets stop wasting time and move out.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Good Idea?
Posted on 4/29/2005 at 2:14:40 PM (CST)

After finding the door Drusilia gave orders to each party member so they could get ready to move out.Conall was burning the green slime while four others were gathering the contents of the chests Ulthok had opened.She had also given him permission to search a couple of other bodies that he wanted to.


She had Hawk standing guard at the new door they where going to enter next while the rest of the party finished their tasks.She received the information from Alasdair she had asked for and all seemed ok to move on.She watched with a little concern as Cor and Ulthok spoke after Ulthok returned from the guard room for she knew some would not look upon his actions the same as he did, but what he had told her made sense so she had allowed him to proceed.


Finally it looked like all were ready to move on and she was ready to give the order, except for one thing which worried her slightly, so she moves over to speak with Conall.


You know Sir Conall I have the deepest respect for your abilities and clear thinking while in the heat of battle.I am at the moment though slightly concerned about your need to burn Talia's body as we leave.I understand your concern and need to make sure it is not violated after we leave, I think we all would hate to see that happen.I am worried however that a funural fire here in this cavern at this time may draw unwanted attention to our presence and whereabouts.I will leave it up to you because I trust your judgement.If you feel this can be done without hindering our progress in our mission and you feel there is no other way to accomplish your goal then do as you must all I ask is that you be sure.


With that talk with Conall finished she gives the order.
Alright troops lets get in line and move out Lord Alasdair the door is yours.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Agreed for now
Posted on 4/30/2005 at 4:24:52 AM (CST)

Cor listened to the reasoning behind the taking of items from talia's body. For a thief, his companion had shown great restraint and had not taken anything for personal gain and had indeed left Talia with her armor and weapons as befit a fallen warrior. It did make sense that if, no when, they found Haila she would appreciate her sisters items. For now he was placated and would speak no further on the issue. There was still a job ahead. Now if they could just find that darn "kitty" it would prob lead them right to Halia. But just like ususual, cats are never around when yuo want them and underfoot when they are not wanted.

Cor prepared to press onward.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Once a look, twice a glance
Posted on 4/30/2005 at 1:12:32 PM (CST)

OOC. sorry about the late post.

In regard to Lady Dru command on getting ready I do obey, but I had an unsettling feeling that this room was well to guarded for only these mere trinkets and potion.


Think to my self and asking the resident thief if there could be more in this room. If any of the chest had looked bigger on the outside then what it can hold on the inside. (i.e. looking for false bottoms or lids etc). Could there be a secret compartment in the rooms floor since I didn’t notice anybody look there. Waiting for the his response i will.


If time permit I would like to give the room one good, quick search for anything we could have missed. If there not anything I will feel better and join the rank in traveling to the next destination.




"Trust the gut and you will never go hungry from regret"

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Let them all come...
Posted on 4/30/2005 at 5:19:30 PM (CST)

“Lady Drusila, you forget my station in life. I am Conall Glendower of the House Glendower; I am a Paladin of the 11th realm. Yes, while not in battle paladins are known for being pompous and arrogant. I would like to believe I am neither and perhaps that is why I have not been able to hold a station any longer than but a few winters long. This latest station, A Paladin of the Temple of Odin, is perhaps my last chance to find a place where I am able to walk freely in court. Not to worry about the daggers of those who feel, because of my love for the people and the love of the people jealousy will not spur on the wish for my demise. For now if I do upset my lord and master I will be cast down from grace no stabbed in the back. But I ramble. I have learned while in study, that it is Odin’s way and my faith that a warrior who falls in battle should be set to rest with all their belongings for use in the Halls of Valhalla.”

It was at this time Conall’s grip on the torch grew strong and his knuckles whitened in the grip. His eyes grew narrow and his voice showed his disgust. “This has already not been allowed to happen and her body still lies warm and the fire has not yet been lit.” Holding up his free hand to stop the Lady Drusila from speech if she has any, “I do not want to know who or why. For I fear that at this moment in time her loose is still to new and to great for me to forgive or understand why one of my own party members would do such a thing. Nor would I like to know you had any thing to do with it. But I do wish to burn the body so none else may do as one of them has.” Conall motions over his shoulder to the rest of those in the room getting ready. “The ground here is to hard for burying. We cannot take her with us she has passed on. Would you have me leave the body as carrion for all those that call these halls home? If burning the body by torch and fire calls all down upon us so be it. Let them come, I am Odin’s humble servant, Conall Glendower of the House Glendower, Paladin of the 11th realm." Conall realizing he has spoke to soon and gave a quick glance in the direction of Cor and then down at his own feet.

“Perhaps I am now being pompous and arrogant. May Odin for give me for what I am about to do.” Conall’s gaze then fell into the Lady Drusila’s eyes. He was distant, his mind was racing, and she could see he was fighting a battle deep inside. The fire was only a way to forget what was going on deep in the darker places than this. Conall dropped the torch at her feet.

His eyes then moved to the body on the table, “Find your way to the Halls of Valhalla. If for some reason you can not, call upon me and I will return to this place to set you free.” Conall takes his place inline never to look back again.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Funny Thing Death
Posted on 5/1/2005 at 12:16:29 AM (CST)

When Conall first started to reply to her Dru felt as if he thought she was somehow challenging his ideas or right as a Paladian.Which in no way was she she was simply asking if he thought a fire was a good idea here and now.As the conversation went on she felt she was beginning to understand not the Paladian Conall but the man Conall a little better, and as a leader this was always important, but when it was all said and done and the torch lay at her feet unused and their eyes locked for just a couple of seconds the Lady Dru felt that she understood his need to burn Talias body stemmed more from some conflict raging deep within the mans soul than the need to protect her from others.She had not ordered him not to burn her just to be sure.

Funny she thinks how you learn more about people after a battle, when their defenses may be somewhat lowered, she makes a mental note she will have to keep watch to be sure his demons don't jepordize them or their mission.The same as she had deceided she must do with their little halfling companion after his little rift with reality while kneeling over Talias body.When there is more time she must find out more about Ulthoks brother and what happened.In the meantime it is her job to make sure noone jepordizes them so she will watch.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

I don't think so.
Posted on 5/1/2005 at 12:40:51 AM (CST)

In response to Af'til's questions.

No sir I did not notice anything peculiar about any of the chests I checked and opened.I do agree the security for what we have found so far does seem a bit intense, and the guard and mimic thing being here in this last room with the chests bothers me, but the hell hounds and giants where not just protecting this back room they would of also been protecting the door we are about to enter( I think If I follow where it was found).
Watching the confrontation between Dru and Conall he wonders what if anything will come from his actions.Ones he feels are the right things to do but he knew he was taking a chanch, and was rather surprised when Drusilia allowed him to.He knows he is right though he understands the feeling of lose Halia will be feeling especially having been right there and not being able to help or stop what happened.Yes he was doing thr right thing.

With his sword in hand he relaxed both body and mind his steel trap reflexes set and ready he waits in his place for Alasdair to open the next door.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Odin's will
Posted on 5/1/2005 at 10:46:51 AM (CST)

Cor watched with interest the exchange between Connal and Dru. There was much pain and anguish in the paladin's face and his words. Already he had see actions that went against his code and was now faced with once again laying his beliefs to the side. Cor understood for he also had concerns that for the moment were held in check by the need to maintain party unity. Such things needed to be a two way exchange however. It seemed that men of faith were being asked to make numerous sacrifices in order to allow others to follow their beliefs. Connal is a man of honor and it is that code that he holds dear that caused him to lose most of his previous positions. Odin called him for one last chance, but what did Odin demand from him. Perhaps the lesson he needed to learn was diplomacy. Cor moved close to Connal to engage him in conversation. "My brother, great are the sacrifices demanded of those of faith. I know you hold honor and ritual dear as do I. However you must never allow ritual to become more important than the reason behind it. Our companion fell in battle and has been prayed for by both War Cleric and Paladin, I am sure that Odin knows she is coming and has sent an honor guard to lead her home. The spirit no longer dwells in the husk that lays on yon slab. Tis true that we should by ritual burn it, but that was done in early times to keep away disease amoung the villagers. Here such a thing would be fitting. May her body casue disease and death amoung any who violate it. Even in death Odin may allow her to battle her enemies and extract revenge." Cor offered a pull on his wine skin to his friend and then took a long pull himself before continuing. "I am not a cleric of fancy dress and soothing words but I have learned a thing or two of their ways. An old cleric once taught me that beliefs and codes have meaning only to those sworn to them. One cannot expect others to live by your code but rather you must expect, and demand, that they live by theirs. Our thief friend has simply done what his code demands he do. We should not fault him because our beliefs are in conflict. In his own way he is attempting to help the party just as we are doing. Odin knows that sometimes rules are meant to be bent and that codes are more guidelines than absolutes. Sometimes the ends justify the means and other times the means justify the end. The trick is to determine when is when. Odin is pleased with our work here. You have nothing to fear. I am old and forgetful with eyes that are not so sharp." Cor added a playful wink. "My report just might have "gaps" and "ommisions" when it is filed. Stand tall and proud, Connal of the house Glendower; you will see 12 level and more yet before you die." Once again Cor prepared to move.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

a kingdom for a stick (not my kingdom mind you)
Posted on 5/1/2005 at 9:08:49 PM (CST)

Haila wished she had a stick it had been an age since she had asked the valar for some costructive information. She wished she had a stick to poke her with to see if she had dropped off with her eyes open. The woman really didn't get it. The guards out there knew what they were and how many of them there were. It wasn't a big secret really. What did this Lady think was going to happen...the guards would realize they were orcs or gnomes or whatever they were and come in an d beat them? Once again Haila was seized by dispair. Her sister died to save this most useless person. She lost half her soul for nothing. It was all she could do to stay upright. She had been stabbed and beaten up pretty badly in her days adventuring but this was the most grievous blow she had ever suffered. At her most dispondent came a feeling of love and warmth. Niamedris far away but offering the only comfort he could at such a distance.

Niamedris sat in the corridor's shadows plotting as only a cat can...meaning deviously. Suddenly bushy ears perk up in alarm. With quick lick with a hind leg in the air the feline had discovered there had been pilfering in very important area. Now cats know there are rules but getting them to obey them is really quite difficult. Niamedris narrowed amber eyes and emitted a low growl. Quickly everything was back in place and he was once again a tom cat. (Honestly you turn your back for a minute and they try and make you a girl!)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:16:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


To Burn or not to Burn

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

To Burn or Not to Burn
Posted on 5/2/2005 at 12:54:01 AM (CST)

All Chests empty, All Monsters slain a party on the verge of movement again…

Cor ever aware of that what is needed tells Conall to burn the slime leaving nothing of it behind.
Moving slowly having seen something he does not like but can reluctantly understand he gathers up Ulthok into a muted conversation. Though friendly in tone and with an offer of drink at its end a clear threat does the Dwarf confer to Halfling.

Upon his death should items somehow disappear from him due to the work of the Halfling Cor’s sure return from the dead would be to Ulthok’s dismay.
Cor seeing the grave and stricken look upon the Paladin’s face as Conall conferred with the Lady Dru over the burning of Taila’s body moved slowly over to the human. His message to Ulthok clear in turn and his own way offered the Paladin a measure of his deeds and respect of them.

He need not worry on the strength of his faith for Odin Cor told Conall. For the All Father understood him and yet still kindly looked over him as a warrior of the faith.
As Cor moved into his order of the march he reviewed in his mind the reasoning behind Ulthoks actions.
Clear it was to the Dwarf that the restraint the Thief had shown was very noble if the act itself was not.
An eye yet would he keep on the Halfling....

Conall having been tasked with the burning or otherwise destruction of the slime did not hesitant at the chore. Torch to slime he watched as it caught flame easily and burned, a sickening smell it did make.

Moving to prepare Taila’s body to also burn he saw that the female Rangers body had been robbed. Angered yet very much in control his rage taken out on various wooden items made into kindling for the flames, oil poured over all.
Seeing Cor and Ulthok together in drink his mind was detoured as to the Halfling as the robber. Perhaps the Gnome a thief also was to blame he would yet wait and watch with no proof and as such not sure of who it was he sought. Yet knowing deep inside who it must have been.

Here it was then that the Lady Dru approached him about the validity of burning the Rangers body would it not be better to let it lie as such to avoid detection of the party by the many evil creatures here.
A quick yet strong discussion on the reality of his faith ended with the Paladin throwing the burning torch at the feet of the Lady. Her choice now withier to burn or not. Moving away he finds the Dwarf quickly at his side words of faith and the understanding of the God Odin Cor does speak of to him.
The words spoken the two of them, Cleric and Paladin fall into place ready to march....

Hawk ever on alert as with Cor also see’s the Halfling search and remove items from the body of Taila.
But to his mind the Ranger believes that Ulthok is in the right and knows that Taila would wish it so.
Better to be labeled a grave robber then to die by a friend's weapons held in the hands of an enemy.

His attention returned to keeping watch, ready to do battle again if and when needed he awaits the movement of Alasdair and the rest of the party....

Ulthok knowing what he had done was right yet still awaited the uproar to come. So it was with a bit of surprise when Cor approached with an offer of a drink yet the words of a friendly voiced threat.

Accepting the drink he replied his reasons for such to the dwarf voices of both low as not to be overheard.
He can clearly see that the Paladin is upset yet not lashing out at any his restraint clearly yet strong.

His conversation with the Dwarf over he finds that Af’til has asked him if a second check of the room should be done before the party’s departure. Answering truthfully he gives the Elf an answer.

Moving into line he once again checks in with the Lady Dru to show no hint of wrong doing on his part his mind and body confident in the rightness of his actions....

Af’til was all ready to be once again on the path to rescue Althena and now hopefully Haila also. But was nagged by the feeling that they have missed something here For the guards and traps seem far more elaborate then the contents found in the chests were worth.

His question of such to Ulthok did he aim an answer received. With a last scan of the room and nothing found into the line of march did he fall as with the others ready to be on their way....

Dru giving her orders once again to all, moves over to Conall as he prepares to burn the body of Taila.
Her question to him is to the wisdom of this course would it not make it easier for the enemies arrayed against them to find them. To give combat to the party at a time when every moment was needed in search.

The Paladin his faith yet strong hears the words and replies, yet feels a wave of doubt pour across him throwing the torch to her feet clearly allowing Dru to decide the course of such he moves away.

But if not to burn was the body its magical weapons and armor to be left to the use of the enemy should the body be found.

In the Lady Dru’s hands now lay that choice, burn the body leaving nothing to the enemy or to let it lie unburnt. If such should her weapons and armor be left at her side or stripped and thus carried with them to prevent the enemies use of them.
Minutes later the deed decided and done and the party ready she gives Alasdair the order to lead them out....

Alasdair moves, the door quickly opened, a hallway he finds beyond. The party in step and marching order down the hallway moves.

Twists and turns makes it seem a long time till a door once again before them stands. Flit at the fore the door quickly checked neither trapped or locked his conclusion.

Once again Alasdair is called up, his powers used as before. A few moments of concentration, nothing of interest or danger found.

The door then opened a second circular room 40x40 of 4 doors found North, South, West and East that one being the now entered one. Much travel does this room clearly show and Conall recognizing the room as the one where he chased the Ettin to points this out to all knowing of the 3 doors before them the Southern one leads back to the Hellhounds. Thus leaving only 2 doors unknown to the party the one North the second to the west. The room for the moment empty....

Here again a choice for the party two doors before them West and North. An Ettin having been chased by a Paladin through one.
Choices within choices the ticking of a clock loud in the party’s minds....



SOMEWHERE ELSE

Haila was frustrated, mad, and could not find it within herself to understand why this women before her in the other cell was so damned important.!!
Was she really worth the cost so far?. What knowledge if any had she that could justify Taila’s death.
Haila could not see it and this “Lady” refused to speak of it. If only she had someway to make her speak.

But with the opening of the lone door the point became moot as in entered 2 of the half Gnolls followed by a dark cloaked human.

Motioning to the guards the cell they opened and Haila found herself held between them their grip strong with no hint of escape. A collar the cloaked one placed around her neck and then leaving the room he was followed by the guards Haila between them still.

A short trip, another room entered a lone chair at its center. Her armor now removed her clothing ripped baring skin yet still covering her most private area’s she was chained to the chair tightly no give in any of the chain, the chair made of metal and cold.

Then without warning she was hit by a wave of water and quickly soaked to the bone, clothes and all.
The cloaked human returned his face clearly a mass of scars.

"I am Krelis a High Cleric of Karza returned you will tell me what I wish to know or your body will I slowly destroy.
First how many of you are there in your party for we know they roam the tunnels
2nd where are they now and do they of this place know. Speak girl or pain you shall feel"

Reaching behind him he produces a wand with that of a blue gem at its tip. Lighting crackles inside it.

Quickly without a word he strikes Haila upon a bare portion of wet skin. The lighting and water combined, pain unlike any before Haila has felt a scream escapes her throat.

"So shall we begin" Krelis asks her.

Beyond the door yet hidden in the shadows Niamedris hears a second cry of pain from the throat of Haila. Feeling it through their connection he knows his mage is in great pain..Great pain...


OOC: Ok Ladies and Gents next Post Sunday. Really good Rping this week guys I like it when you give me lots to work with and the more you interact the more fun it is for me so keep it up. Ok Alasdair is again on Vacation so may not post till the week after next but I will NPC him till then as he had requested.

Dru I need you to post what you did with Taila’s body. Did you burn it and everything with her. Did you just leave it unburnt, and if so what did you do with her magical armor and weapons.. Other then that everything is ok. Till next Sunday then.

Also who is carrying Haila's gear?. I need to know this by my next post or I will have to assume it was left behind as no one has yet said they grabed it. I need this info so I know who is carrying her backpack and weapons left behind...Thanks.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:17:47.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


62

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Taking things into my own hands
Posted on 5/2/2005 at 11:01:42 PM (CST)

As everything in their present location is finally winding down and it looks like they will be moving out Ulthok is in place, but as he watches the confrontation going on between Conall and Dru he gets lost in thoughthe thinks)being one who is at times in conflict with himself, his actions coming into question by both those of a lawfull good belief, and by those who see things a little more as he does.Having both good as well as not so good faults.One thing he does hold dear is his belief in loyality to ones comrades even to the extent that one must sacrific ones own life.However he knows that deep down inside he is and always will hold the beliefs of a chatoic netural mage and thief.To him this means he will always be doing things he deems appropriate but others will either agree with or be angered by.His belief that neither good nor evil should ever totally rule the world is one held by many, but his belief that in this chaos brought about by the conflict between the two it is up to him to better his position taking advantage of whatever comes his way to do this he wonders how many hold this view.What this means to him is that when he sees an opportunity to do something that may seem out of character for him to some but may possably gain him something in the long run, and that something may be as simple as helping relieve a torchered mind if in doing so he might be looked upon just maybe in a better light somewhere down the road he will act.(now that I have confused anyone reading this but who said ones thoughts are easy to understand)

His mind as usual racing with ideas he watches as Conall throws the lit torch at Drus feet and walks away and into formation, leaving it up to Dru to deceide.To Ulthok she makes the wrong one.Yes he took the personal items but in his mind it was right he wants to give them to Halia when she is rescued, but leaving the magical armor and weapons he did because, even if his beliefs are different than some of the others, he thinks a warrior should go with their armor and weapons.He also thinks a body should be burned and that leaving the magical items behind is a bad idea.He tries to think quickly all are in line and Dru is ready to give the order to move out.He knows this is going to probally bring some form of disipline down on him later but he must act.Falling out of line before Dru gives the order he marches back to her position.He can see the iritation in her eyes as he approaches, as well as the eyes on him from the others.Stopping next to her
Lady Drusilia I can see your iritation at my insulince for breaking order, but I feel strongly that there is something here that is unfinished, and even at the risk of angering you further, I would like you to remember that you did not forbid Conall from burning Talias body only asked if it was wise.I believe it to be wise.Before she can answer Ulthok using his boots moves to the torch into the guard room ignights the oils Conall had poured around and as quickly as the boots will allow is back in line not stopping to say anymore to Dru.

OOC: Of course this would of taken place before we moved out I will wait to see Drusilias actions if any before I post again.Sorry for the retro post kind of, but since you asked Dru what she did I deceided to take it out of her hands.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Well done!
Posted on 5/3/2005 at 1:03:28 PM (CST)

Conall took the wine skin and drew from it the fiery liquid, this time it did not seem to burn as much as before. Quite the contrary this skin’s elixir seems to extinguish the fires that burned deep inside the dark places of Conall. As he drew in the words of Cor, they to seem not to sting but put his soul at ease. When Cor was through Conall stood tall once more, “If Odin is pleased then I am justified, not all others are bound by our morals, and not is as it seems on the outside. I will venture on with these words.” Conall then with a smile on his face, “Thank you, I am very fortunate Odin has sent you to judge and watch over me. Perhaps there is hope for me yet.” Conall took his place in line and as he did such Cor could here Conall whisper to himself, “12 Level in the order… They would never believe this at home, then again they would not believe a lot of things back home.”

‘Go Ulthok Go!’ went off in Conall’s head like a great horn of blasting as he watched Ulthok take up the unused torch and toss it onto the pile of wood meant to send Taila to the other side. As Ulthok falls back into line, “Well done friend. Odin has surely moved us all.”

As the Oil and wood begin to blaze Conall sees the urgency of departing so he moves ahead to the doors and begins to usher all through the door, “Ok people, time to press on as Lady Drusilia has ordered. If fire does not consume us all, let us move on Quickly.”

As Cor passes through the door, “Odin is at working with in this party.” And a smile drifts across his face.

As the Lady Drusila passes Conall smiles and roles his eyes, “I would travel with no others but we can be a handful sometimes. Shall we move on good lady?”

When all are through the door Conall will pull or push the door closed behind them so as not allow smoke and fire fill the caverns they travel in. Also having been doing this line of work he knows that while walking into the deep places of the world the breeze is in his face so any smoke should be carried up and out.

Conall paused as the party came to the 40 by 40-circular room. “People, I have been here, this is where the Etten, I gave chase to lead me and I lost his path. Perhaps those with keener eyes and knowledge of path finding can see something I could not in my hurried state? And those of us who can keep an eye out for that ball of fluff Haila holds so dear. If any thing or anyone could lead us to her I think NameDress could.”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Faith rewarded
Posted on 5/4/2005 at 5:03:18 AM (CST)

Cor had just finished talking to Cor and was about to move out when a movement caught his eye. With a bit of wonder, he watched as the thif kicked the lit torch into the pile of oil and wood set around their fallen comrade. As the fire took hold and smoke began to billow, he hear Connal urge the party to move out lest they be consumed by the flames or overcome by smoke.

Cor smiled at the thief and gave a slight nod in thanks. He wanted to accnowledge the act without drawing undue attention to it in case the thief preferred it that way. Maybe later he would take a moment to share a good drink and talk beliefs with his companion but for now there was work to do.



Cor moved out as instructed and as he did drew close to Connal, "See lad, such is the power of faith. Odin has judged her worthy and has made things right. Oh and by the way, back home they would never believe you made paladin of the 2nd order much less 12th." Cor smiled and laughed as he said the last.

"Now where is that darned 'kitty' at. I think there is still a spot or two the damn thing hasn't scratched and I am more than willing to offer them up to claws if it means we find our friend. I am sure she will be 'shocked' to see us when we find her." OOC: Sorry couldn't help but make the bad pun 

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

An unexpected Fire
Posted on 5/4/2005 at 12:33:35 PM (CST)

She has the group in line and is ready to give her order to move out when suddenly Ulthok breaks ranks.Giving him a look of iritation she hopes will move him back into line but the halfling keeps on comming.He speaks quickly to her about having not forbidding Conall to burn Talias body, and before she can react in any way the thief runs to the tousch and ignights the wood that Conall had stacked then avoiding her runs back into line.


At first she was ready to admonish him for his action right then and there, but the ferocity of the fire, the somewhat pleased looks on Conalls and Cors faces, and the need to get out of the room now keep her from doing it.There would be time latter for such things.Conall quickly gets the door open and rushes the group through then firmly closes it behind them.

As they make their way down some passages the Lady Dru wonders once again if she has firm control over this group.They are a good group and she would want no others at her side in a tight situation, but they can be a handfull at times.She understands their need to show there own personalities and belifes at times but she doesn't like when they act up and make deceisions and act without her approval.Even if she feels what he did was right Dru feels she will have to disipline the halfling at some point.


Her thoughts are suddenly distracted as they enter a room where again a deceision as to what direction to proceed must be made.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Lets get Busy
Posted on 5/6/2005 at 4:41:25 AM (CST)

Once they enter the new circular room her mind is again clear and actions they must take.At once she starts handing out jobs.

Hawk the rangerHawk mt friend could you put your fine ranger skills to use in here.I know the floor is kind of hard and seems quite traveled, butif you could discern which seems most travled and if at all posable look for the most recent Ettin tracks and into which door they enter.

Next addressing the two thiefsNo since wasting time so Flit would you please check out the west door to be sure it is safe and unlocked and Ulthok would you do the same at the north door.

Then she address both Conall and Alasdair.Next I would like Conall to see what he can detect with his abilities about evil behind either door, and Lord Alasdair if you could continue using your extrodinary abilities and maybe give us some idea what or who and maybe how many we might run into if we enter either door.

Cor please for now keep watch behind us so we are not interupted and watch out for that kitty.I shall be looking over the walls and floor for anything out of the ordinary concelled or secret doors or passageways.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

To Work
Posted on 5/6/2005 at 2:02:51 PM (CST)

Conall moved to the center of the room and before he began to concentrate he spoke with Hawk, “The Ettin that took our fellow adventure did not drag her but carried he. I do not know if this will help but perhaps the extra burden of his ill gained bundle would give him more weight than others of his stature. The ettin was about the same size as the others we slain that came from the guardroom. Good luck my friend.”

Conall then reached back deep and thought on all that was pure and good. As the power begins to well up inside him he turned to thoughts of evil and tried to seek for what was beyond the two doors in question.

When Conall was done he turned to Lady Drusilia, “I have this to report…”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Watch I shall
Posted on 5/6/2005 at 2:50:11 PM (CST)

Cor heard as Dru asked him to stand watch while the others plied their trade. Standing watch was one thing a war cleric knew much about. Oft before he had stood guard; somtimes in cold, driving rain, other times in bone chilling wind that sought to tear the very soul from a man, other times under blazing sun.

"None shall come upon us unknown Dru. I shall stand watch as you have asked." Cor felt the reassuring weight of his hammer in his hands. Dwarven eyes scanned for anything that moved.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Lets do it again
Posted on 5/7/2005 at 4:25:21 AM (CST)

The group moves rapidly through the winding corridors that make up this confounded underground system.As they do Ulthok tries to keep his mind on the job at hand, as well as watch for the missing kitty, his mind however keeps trying to slip into thoughts about how soon and what is Dru going to do to him for his little antics.He feels what he did was the correct thing to do , but that doesn't mean he sould of done it.Finally the halls come to an end and they entr a round room with four doors.North, south, east, west.

They came in the east door and know the one to the south runs back to the room where they fought the Hell Hounds.The room shows a lot of traffic and Conall Tells us this is the room he chased the Ettin into that grabed Halia.Sounds like we are on the right track.Dru at once gets everyone into action so she can make a decesion as which way to go next.he is asked to check the northern door.He at once sets to work.

Watching the floor very closely he approaches the door while trying not to walk over or obscure any recent tracks that might lead to this door.Approaching in a round about way he will carfully check first the floor in front and walls to each side of the door for about 5 feet.Then starting on the door itself using his mirrors and little probes along with his touch and intense vision he searches the door all around its perimater and along and under its bottom.If he finds any traps he will attempt to disarm them.If he locates anything else he will aleart Dru.Next he checks if the door itself is locked if it is he breaks out his picks and works to open it.If all goes well he will report his success to the Lady Dru as soon as he is finished.

Once he is sure his work is done or at least he thinks his work is done he strolls over to where Cor is watching their backs.I think Sir Cor that we are starting to reach our goal here in these forbidding magical caverns, and I pray that what we find when we finally get there will prove to be worth the sacrifices that have been asked of us.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Nearly finished?
Posted on 5/8/2005 at 2:26:38 AM (CST)

Cor listened to Ulthok and smiled. "My friend I hope you are correct that we will soon be at our goal. However, I fear that this is but act one of an Elvin play (Elvin plays being notoriously long with dozens of acts). As for being worth the price, what find is worth the death of a friend? But I also hold hope, as do you, that soon we will leave this place and at least continue our jorney in another location. Cor then changed the subject. "I was surprised that one so normally nimble as you tripped over that torch back there. Then the darn thing somehow ended up on the funeral pyre huh? Funny how such things happen." Cor added a quick wink.

'Now where is that darn kitty? Wish I had some fish, that would get its attention.' Cor thought to himself as he continued to stand watch.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

great alone with high cleric "leatherface". joy.
Posted on 5/9/2005 at 1:19:16 AM (CST)

Haila struggled because she couldn't submit meekly...to anyone...ever...she really wasn't the meek type. She pretty much figured the chains biting into her skin weren't going to move but she really didn't have anything else to do at the time. Niamedris was nearby enough to brush his mind to hers. Stay away no matter what, she warns the familiar. Try to find help but stay away if you are on your own.

As the dark cleric threatens her and askes his questions she sees a dark glimmer in his eyes. He doesn't care what she answers this is the most fun he'll have all week. Haila realizes even if he does his worst she really doesn't know anything. Everything was very very fuzzy from the last 24 hours. Things blending in sitting out of sequence. She really wasn't sure of anything he wanted to know. This was a small comfort. She couldn't tell what she didn't know. Her blue eyes narrowed and she opened her mouth to suggest he do something to himself, thats she knew was physically impossible, when the wand touched her.

Muscles jerked, her nevers sizzled and sinew fried. She jerked as far as the chains allowed not even feeling them bite and pinch into her skin. Haila let out a full scream of pain for the briefest of moments hoping to be heard by freindly ears. That was the last thought save one that stayed even when everything else vanished. She excepted the pain-it was her punishment for abandoning her twin and letting her die. Everytime the wand was moved toward her she whimpered and shrank back but part of her mind she embraced the pain accepted it. It would not atone for Tailia's death but it was a start.

OLBAID the Wise
Newbie
Posts: 3
Reply | Edit

Here we go.....
Posted on 5/9/2005 at 3:25:34 AM (CST)

OOC: first, until i get to know you and how you play i will keep it general as to what i do and how it is done. as we get closer it will get more detailed and risky.

Here we go....hearing my name and a request spoken in shadows, i can see clearly the group move to their stations. I move in the direction of the door to work my magic or so i call it, i always love a good challenge, especially if a gem may be found....."I love gems, all colors will do, and if i see one, i will make it mine too"...as i move that way i am careful to watch for any sign of tampering and check it for traps, then check if it is locked and if it is, i will pick it if need be(theives tools).


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:21:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Evil this way Comes

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Evil This Way Comes
Posted on 5/9/2005 at 5:01:59 AM (CST)

The Party, a flaming room left behind, A circular room found, 4 Doors it contained yet only a choice between 2 needed. North or West the way ahead once again in doubt....

Ulthok was ready to once again be on the move, yet the hesitation in the Lady Dru’s mind over to burn or not to burn Taila’s body was clear.
With a few short words of an explanation and apology he kicked the torch into the now quiet guard room. At once the torch alit met oil afloat and fire engulfed the room and with it Taila’s body. Knowing it was without Dru’s ok, yet needed the Halfling felt no remorse over his actions.

Then they were on the move and a 2nd 40x40 circular room was found. Following Dru’s Given Orders he at once began a through search of the room and a check for trapped or locked doors none of any did he find.
His report to his leader given he moved over to the Dwarf and expressed his thought that they were getting close to this Quests end.

After the Clerics direct and straight forward reply. He awaited his next order from the lady Dru or his next impulse to act. Whichever one would come first....

Conall still unsure if his act of throwing the lit torch at the feet of the lady Dru was right found himself approached by the dwarf Cor.
A few words of praise and the blessings of the God Odin from the dwarf, comforted him and he was further set at ease with a strong pull of Cors flask. Its contents good for the soul.

Though no words on it did he speak out loud he was happy with Ulthok’s action with the torch.
It would not have been right to leave Taila’s body at the mercy of the many vile and evil creatures yet lurking in these halls. He also, yet again to himself, admits this group is well defined and works together as a team. Happy is the Paladin of such.

Once in the 40x40 room he approaches Hawk and gives the Ranger a more detailed recounting of his chase of the Ettin here. Hoping that the skills of a Ranger combined with that of an Elf will help them decide their next course of action. Upon the lady Dru’s order he once again use’s his power of Detect Evil to scry what behind the doors does lay....

Cor too was happy that Ulthok had ‘somehow’ managed to trip over the torch sending it rolling into the guard room and thus was a fire started.
It was he thought Taila’s right to be laid to rest in fire as she had been in life a warrior born, surely now in death a Valkyrie she would become.
With her body burnt and her items soon to be ash his worry of her desecration at the hands of evil was no more. A nod to the thief in approval of his action and the party was on its way.

Then the arrival in the 40x40 room and Conall’s revealing of his chase of the Ettin here.
A choice as such of 2 out of 4 doors. An order from the Lady Dru to keep watch behind them for their safety. Yet through out it all a worry for a cat and just where it might be. He hoped the answer would not come as a "shock" to all....

Flit was just waiting the word go so he could be more of a help then he had been this far.
Upon Dru’s request he moved with Ulthok to check the doors. As with his Halfling counterpart none of any trap did he find, a ditty about gems sung to himself....

Dru not happy at all over Ulthoks "Accidental" kicking of the torch into the room decided that punishment would she deal to him later for now surely was not the time.
With the guardroom now ablaze movement orders she did give.

Minutes later the party arrived in another 40x40 circular room home to 4 doors the Paladin and the party’s entrance lessen the choice to only North and West. Orders she once again given.

To Hawk she gives the task to check if any way can he determined as to what door has the highest travel and if maybe the tracks of Ettin there be to find.
With a glance at Af’til and an indication for the Ranger/Cleric’s help he begins his search.

To the Thieves Ulthok and Flit she gives the task of checking for traps and to unlock the doors if needed as this is their trade of expertise. Both report that neither door be locked or trapped and travel through them no danger.

To the Paladin and Cavalier she gives to them the order to once again use each’s power of detection to mayhap tell them what lies behind each door. She herself she tells them will look for the unseen in the form of any secret doors....


Alas this was not to be as both Conall’s and Alasdair’s Detect Evil and Life Detection clearly tell each that both Evil and Life this way come from beyond that of the North door.

From Conall comes word that a large body of evil is approaching but no numbers has he to give.

This information luckly comes from Alasdair and his ability of Life Detection turning to the party he informs them of that which approaches them.

3 Giants of unknown type along with a group of smaller man sized creatures numbering 10, all of which thanks to his power are of high level.

Clearly this is a patrol in hunt of the party or reinforcements headed to the hellhound kennels. The party advanced in knowledge of their arrival is quickly prepared....

The circular room soon be another possible battleground for the party.
The true question before them now, to stand and fight or flee and hide. The clock yet louder does it tick....


SOMEWHERE ELSE

Haila was in pain but her mind was empty of the info Krelis wanted to know. How to tell him of this believe her he would not.
But yet in the pain she relished for to her it was her penance for the failure to save her sister.

"Come Child spare yourself this pain and tell me that which I wish to know. I promise your pain will stop, if you must lie to me then do so, but know this if a lie it is and revealed as it surely will be, I shall scar you forever both inside and out."

With a smile on his face the cleric in black his hand moves forward. With that again she screams her body flooded in more pain as the lighting wand held against her skin longer it is.

Her last painless thought she sends to her cat to run and run fast. Find help and return for she knows sooner then later no matter what is revealed from her lips a painful death awaits....

A CAT INDEED

Niamedris heard this momentarily painless thought and understood. His was to find the other two legs his Mage had come here with and above them they still must be. Slowly moving with the grace of a cat (I am that after all) he pulled himself away unseen.
In a bolt of fur he was off, to find his mage’s two legged friends his goal....


OOC: Ok next post Sunday I hope everyone had a nice Mother's day. Mottle rest assured we took very good care of your favorite one 
Also Olbaid the wise has finally posted Yeppie!! lets all welcome him to our group. Other then that have a good week Children, ye death may approach 


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:22:28.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


63

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Giants- Yipee!!!
Posted on 5/9/2005 at 7:54:52 AM (CST)



Cor stood guard as the thieves searched and then reported no traps found. This was not overly suprising as it was apparently a pretty commonly used path. Then those who detected evil found evil behind both doors. Once again, not too shocking considering their present location. In fact, for Cor's thoughts there was entirely too much caution in thier movements. Each search and mental scan took away precious minutes. Their lost companion likely had a limited supply of minutes with witch to work and they were spending them at an alarming pace without much movement. Of course he fully expected that others were not of the same idealogy and so kept quiet.

When he heard that 3 giants were appraoching his first reaction was elation. Nothing gets dwarf blood, and especially warrior dwarfves blood, moving like a battle eith their arch nemesis the giants. He was almost unaware of the change is his stance as he shifted his hammer into a better postion. Then he heard that there were several others approaching. At that point, emotion gave way to reason and he called to Dru. "As much as I would love to stay and dance with the giants, it may prove to be a bad tactical choice. Our goal must be to find our comrade and the king's lady as quickly as possible. Perhaps we should move on quickly and delay our 'dance' until later. Of course we can attempt to use area spells in an attempt to win a quick victory, however that is unlikely if our foes are indeed of good caliber. Or, we could split and some could remain here to greet the enemy while the rest continue the quest. Of course that has risks. If split we shall, I would be most happy to stay. If it is spells I can offer Protection from Evil 10' radius. Whatever we do, we must do it quickly or the choice will be made for us." Cor waited for responses. Deep inside a part of him felt the nesd to stay and fight for war-clerics despise avoiding battle.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Time for tough decisions
Posted on 5/9/2005 at 6:17:44 PM (CST)

Before moving to the front of the group Alasdair moved toward lady Dru. "Lady Dru, if I may have a moment?" he asks motioning for her to step closer. "I know that another force quickly comes our way, thus making it all the more imperative that you know what transpired with the dead man left yonder," indicating back towards the now blazing guard room. "If you trust me, it would be quicker to show you, than to tell you. Do I have your permission? If not, then be advised that we also may encounter either a dragon or shadow wraith or both before our quest in these halls is completed."

Then in a louder voice to all, “I suggest we move onward and continue our search for the Lady Sunblayze. Though I be a Cavalier, I am no fool and to fight now in such a place with a fire to one side, an enemy before us would be folly. Emotions are running high, but we must keep our wits if we are to survive and bring honor to our quest. Dying here in a valiant stand would honor none, and nobody would be left to sing our songs in the feast halls. Though I would welcome your company in Valhalla, I have no desire to reach those halls just yet. You have all seen me in battle, before you stands not a coward running from a fight, but rather a warrior suggesting that we choose our battles in a manner which is favorable to us and our diminished numbers.”

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Say What ?!?
Posted on 5/9/2005 at 6:44:18 PM (CST)

Conall steps back and catches his balance as he broke his concentration of evil. His report was as he had accepted. A place such as this would surly have patrols and this was no surprise. Conall was elated when he hears the words giants; he fought along side Cor enough to know he could not turn down a good dance with giants. Then the bottom fell out of all that was expected and Cor said, what? As Cor went on Conall could see the wisdom in his words and his decision.

It was then when Alasdair stepped forward and spoke words that rang true as Cor’s had done. He spoke of picking our own battlefield and not wanting to die. Conall want to tell him that the gods wrote out the words of his life and all those around long ago. When it is time to die, die we must all do. How one dies is what determines where one spends the here and after.

‘Perhaps Odin has sent down these thoughts, perhaps the evil is driving us to what we seek.’ Conall moves to the other door, “Lady Drusilia give the word and I will hold this door and be the last through and I would also ask that Alasdair go first through the door to ensure all is well on the other side closely fallowed by all so I may close this door and put it between use and the oncoming evil. Just give the word good Lady.” Conall stands ready at the door.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Hasty Words, had they been misunderstood?
Posted on 5/10/2005 at 2:12:24 AM (CST)

"Conall, mightier words and convictions do you honor, but the outcome of this quest requires us all to move forward. Not sacrificing the noblest among us in the attempt," replies Alasdair trying to determine if Conall's dark mood was behind the possible double meanings of his words. Did he truly mean to sacrifice himself to defend the group whilst he stood behind to fight the enemy single handedly??? Alasdair truly hoped that he had misread the intent and tone of Conall's last comments to the Lady Drusilia, nobe though they be, his words worries Alasdair for his had grown to value his new found comrade-in-arms as a friend, as well as, a noble warrior.

Reassuringly, he offers, "Another way shall be found to distance ourselves from those who approach. Side by side we should lead the other from this place," as he motions forward drawing his sword and lifting his shield to the ready again.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

No sacrificing for us
Posted on 5/10/2005 at 4:21:03 AM (CST)

"I for one have no intention of sacrificing myslef for any of you sorry lot. However, I am more than willing to assist those amoung our enemy that wish to sacrifice themselves for the glory of their master." Cor was almost laughing as he said this after hearing the exchange between Cavalier and Paladin. Cor's thoughts remained his own. 'Those darn fool, fancy pants, armor clad types are too focused on sacrificing and dying in a noble manner. War clerics revel in battle but we fully expect to walk away the victor in every encounter. No wonder there are no Dwarven paladins or cavaliers, we enjoy life and are in no rush to end it. When it comes it comes, but there is much ale to consume while we are still here.'

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

So much to talk about, so little time
Posted on 5/10/2005 at 1:55:45 PM (CST)

“Perhaps I miss spoke, I have not the want or desire to throw life away needlessly. I wish that one of our strongest warriors go fourth and lead the party down what is hopefully a safe path. Alasdir I ask that of you. I will stay behind till the last of our group passes through the door and then seeing all safe I too will step through the door and close it. Putting the door between the evil that approaches quickly and the entire party, to include myself. Cor keep that flask safe, I feel the ones we seek will need it when we find them.” With a questioning eye to the Lady Drusilia, “Make haste my lady, do we press on down a safer path or do we stand and fight? We have not the time for debate, the word is needed.”

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

No Time for Fighting
Posted on 5/14/2005 at 3:25:21 PM (CST)

As he listens to both Conall and Alasdair give their reports to Dru it becomes apparent that their presence in the caves is now known, and a large group was being sent to deal with them.To Ulthok this this reenforces his belif that they are drawing close to their quarry.A long extented battle at this time would probally be a mistake they need to find away to avoid this one, let the group pass by and then continue on in the direction they just came from.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Lets Dissappear
Posted on 5/15/2005 at 12:43:21 PM (CST)

OOC:First I am sorry for the late post my computer has been down for several days.Second before I post there is something I would like to state now that mabey I should have said before but I think makes sense and I don't think anyone will complain about.:As leader one thing I would make sure I did each new day before we set out is to ask each character who can use magic what their contingency of spells where for that day and then at least try to commit them to memory so I would be able to ask a character to use a specific spell at a specific time.As leader I would want to know this info it could be very important.The reason I bring this up is as you will see in my following post.I hope noone feels this is out of line.
Third, I did this ooc here instead of in the q&a section only because of the lateness of this post.
Finally, I will be asking two characters to do something but only one will have to the reason being because I don't know what the doors are made of so only one will have to be done based on the door material. Thank You All.


BIC:
Dru listens to the rapidally incomming information from each one in the group about the rapidally approaching group that is probally searching for them.She really does not want them in a long drawn out battle right now and hopes that it can be avoided.Comming up with a plan she hopes they will have time to execute she swings into action.

Listen up group I don't want a fight here and now so lets all do as I ask quickly and efficiently as possable.Since we think they may be looking for us lets give them a place to go to to look.[first if doors are stone]Cor could you use your stone shape spell to make the door just slightly larger to delay their entry into here but not enough to keep them out forever.[second if doors are wood]Af'till could you please your wood warping ability to cause the door to jam and give us some time.Hawk I would like you to quickly open the opposite door and leave it slightly ajar so it looks like we exited that way in a hurry.Ulthok cast your Rope Trick spell .I then want each of us to climb up the rope into the extradiminsonal space that will be created I belive it will hold all of us.I want you up last Ulthok and please then pull up the rope we don't need it dangling where they can see it.I hope this will cause them to think we left down the other hall.LETS MOVE>

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Making a hideout
Posted on 5/15/2005 at 1:10:57 PM (CST)

As Ulthok stands next to Cor and listens to the incoming iformation he knows that a battle now would not be in their best interest but starts to prepare for one for he sees no way out of it, when Dru swings into action with a quickly concoted plan that to him once again enforces why she was made leader.The plan seemed to make sense try to misdirect the approaching enemny send them on a goose chase and then slip in behind them.

As soon as his part in the plan was given he at once swings into action.Knowing the rope he is carring is to long for this spell he quickly using his sword cuts off a peice only about 5 to 6 foot long.Then retriving the components needed for this spell from his pouch he blocks out all the other activity around him and proceeds to chant and manipulate the components in the proper order.Once finished there is a legnth of rope hanging in the air attached at least as it looks to nothing.As he scans around to see who is ready to climb up he sees a problem which he at once brings to Drus attention.

Lady Dru we have one small draw back with this plan.The space will hold all eight of us but with all of us in there we will not be able to pull the rope in.It will be visable.One of us needs to stay out if at all possable.
As he waits for a response from Dru he will usher those who have nothing left to do up the rope and into the hideout.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

How about a bird?
Posted on 5/15/2005 at 1:25:45 PM (CST)

She watches as her wishes are quickly put into action, and thinks to herself,"I hope this will work we must be running out of time"
Quickly brought back to the present by Ulthoks words, seems a slight miscalculation they can all fit into the space but not with the rope.Well they can't just leave the rope hanging right in view so she quickly makes another decision.

Ok Ulthok what if I transform myself into a very small bird and you place me in your pack will that give us the room we need?If not I will stay behind as this bird and hide as best as I can but please if I do keep a close watch on me in case things go badly.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A Bird?
Posted on 5/15/2005 at 10:29:49 PM (CST)

Ulthok listens to Dru as she says she will turn herself into a bird and he or someone can place her in their pack.He belives that should take care of the problem.
Well I think that should work and make enough room for the rope all we can do is try and see.

He will wait and once she does it he will if she is small enough put her in his pack if not he will tell her to just fly up into yhe space and he will follow.

OLBAID the Wise
Newbie
Posts: 3
Reply | Edit

Take a moment to ponder.........
Posted on 5/16/2005 at 3:53:11 AM (CST)

Up the ropes we go, with a palading amongst the theives a snicker is heard from deep within his mind........me likes the trouble we may be in, with a sadist mind he compels his body, up the ropes we go. Me likes the idea of fight another day as long as I am up here with Ulthok I am glad. I know birds of a feather, flock together, even theives from time to time. I am not so sure of the rest of the group, but in time I shall judge.......judge we shall. Is Ulthok looking at me? I feel short today!.......

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Plan
Posted on 5/16/2005 at 4:35:00 AM (CST)



Cor listened to Dru as she revealed he plan. Ahh, she thinks like me, play tricks on those coming and change the door. Cor looked at the rope. "Bah, dwarves are not meant to climb ropes, we have short legs. I hated the rope climb during physical conditioning period at seminary. A little boost might be nice." Cor began his slow climb. 'Hmm, I've never hidden in anpother dimention before. This could be interesting. Wonder if their is ale there?'

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

A game of hide and go away
Posted on 5/16/2005 at 12:18:21 PM (CST)

Conall hears the plan and as things start to unfold like all good plans there is a slight problem. Quickly salved and on the plan is pressed into action. Conall stays next to the door he is at just incase an unheard or unseen enemy tries at that door. As spells are cast and bodies find them selves up the rope. Conall heard the words of Cor.

Quickly he steps up and with hands together and fingers interlocked “My friend Cor, I fear the only ale up there will be what you bring with you, but make haste and let us find out.” Conall will stand by the rope and assist the rest of the group up. It makes no difference who is first up the rope, him or Alasdair but he knows Ulthok will be last.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

quickly and quietly we go
Posted on 5/16/2005 at 8:33:43 PM (CST)

Upon hearing the plan of Lady Dru, Hawk heads for the door to open it enough to make it seem as if we had just passed through. Quickly and quietly as only an elf can be he heads back to the rope to join the rest of his companions in who are already moving into their magical space.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:25:16.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


A Lady's Plan

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Lady's Plan
Posted on 5/17/2005 at 3:25:40 AM (CST)

The Party at a crossroads, Fight or Flee. The enemy now aware of their presence, a war party possibly one of many searching the halls. A stand to make or a place to hide needed.

Thanks to Alasdair and Conall the party knew evil their way was coming yet what was for the best. To stand and fight or flee and hide. The Lady Dru once again a plan had she.
Using the skills of those of magic she gave her orders.

Ulthok to create an Extradimensional portal using his spell of Rope Trick.

To Af’til his spell of Warp Wood onto the North door to delay the creatures arrival.

To Hawk to make it seem as if the party has moved through the West door.

Then all up the rope to hide till these creatures have passed.

Once all is ready the lady Dru, Elf no more but bird is the last into the Portal. Ulthoks rope is raised the party gone. Then only moments later the North door not much of delay but a delay nonetheless the creatures were in the room.

Below them through the 3’ x 5’ window the party saw that the 3 Giants were 2 Fomorians lead by a lone Ettin.
Behind the Giants and strange to all in the Portal came 10 large creatures. Of Gnolls they looked at first but changed as if a cross of Human, Elf and Gnoll. The half Gnolls moved with a fluid of grace as that of Elves, the strength and posture of Humans and the size and mass as of Gnolls. No easy foe would these be and how many more infested these halls none of the party knew.

It was then that Conall through the window did see that the Ettin was known to him as the one that had carried Haila away.
His rage unleashed he made to leave the Portal to attack only to find himself pinned by both Cor and Alasdiar. In desperate signaling of hands he told them of who the Ettin was hoping to be let go. But alas it was not to be as neither of the two released him.

The Giants, the Ettin clearly in charge took in the room, seeing the West door ajar at once did the 13 of them move through it and as quickly as that were gone.
Five minutes then ten and as none returned the Lady Dru flew back out into the room, a rope dropped and within a few moments a party was back on the ground.

With Dru as a bird yet leading the way the party fast moving through the North door did go. A long hallway before them to the North at first did it go, then a sharp turn and Eastward the tunnel continued.

A small 20x20 area did the members go past, a quick glance by each showing an area of storage it to be.
Barrels, bags and dried foodstuffs galore enough to easily feed a small army for sure.

The tunnel to the North once again did turn 50 yards later a second area did they find. This too a storage area of supplies but no foodstuff was it of.

Weapons both long and short and armor both big and small lay here the numbers uncountable with time not on the party’s side. A shield out of place baring a sign, a burning fist a large gazing eye clutched within its grasp. The symbol of the Shadow King Karza before the members eyes.

Then finally a turn to the west a large area clearly before them guttural voices heard, orc and hobgoblin for sure. No side tunnels or other rooms to see the party’s forward path through the area before clear.

Yet again combat it seemed was near numbers and weapons information so dear.

The choice a simple one, again to Fight or Flee. Danger before, yet danger behind their leader yet a bird....

SOMEWHERE ELSE

It had seemed to Haila as if hours since the pain had begun yet she knew in truth only one of an hour had past.
The answers asked no reply could she give as she in truth did that have that which Krelis seeked.
Finally disgusted with the Human before him he cast her aside Arms and one leg broken scars, bruises and blood all about her body.

"Remove her to her cell let the Enolls play with her as they will. Bring the other one to me below in my chambers it is her turn once again."

With that Krelis with one last look was gone and Haila was alone with two of the Half-Gnolls or Enolls as the Cleric and named them.

A short trip and again she found her self in the cell from where she had been taken the one next to her now empty no sign of Althena was to be seen. Taken as per command to the dark Cleric’s chambers.

The Enolls gone Haila alone once more, the pain yet clear in her mind but think she could now do.
Her time now short an escape or rescue would have to be soon or of Haila Torran there would be no more...


A CAT INDEED

Niamedris could no longer feel his mage for out of reach had he moved from contact with her. But move the male cat did and swiftly until he once again came to find himself before the stairs to the floor above.

Having passed through the entrance area before he knew of the force of uglies positioned there. The first time easy as the Giant ugly’s movement with his mage had caused distraction allowing Niamedris to sneak ahead.

But now no distraction had he now and no shadows in which to hide.

Moving to just before the entrance he watched waited and hoped for a time to move...

OOC: Ok Everyone sorry for the late post but next Sunday it should be on time. As the Sgt on Hill Street Blues used to say

"Be safe out There"


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:26:43.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


64

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Hidden away
Posted on 5/17/2005 at 5:37:04 AM (CST)



Cor watched from his extra-dimensional hiding place. Soon he heard teh sounds of approaching somethings and moments later a pair of giants entered the room. Cor's blood ran hot and fast as his dwarven heritage called out to him to face these evil creatures in battle. His mind however took control and he stayed put. As an Ettin entered teh room he saw Conall go inot a near rage and actually attempt to flee their hiding space. "That is the one that took her" Conall signaled. It was all Cor could do to hold fast to him and await help from another to keep the angry Paladin inside the hiding place. Once the enemy moved on and the party emerged from its spot Cor spoke to Connal. "Forgive me my son for holding you back. That was neither the time nor the place for battle. True, that one must die for what it did and die it shall but at a time of our chosing and with our Companion back at our side. She is our goal at the moment and we must be quick and deadly like the viper not strong and bull-headed like an ox. I know your pain at having to watch and wait. Dwarven blood calls out for an end to all giant-kind. Soon our weapons will find purchase in teh flesh of our enemies. Hold the rage in check and save it for later”

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

You see boy, faith makes you weak…
Posted on 5/17/2005 at 6:24:47 PM (CST)

Conall was in place, safe from patrolling eyes, or was it that they were safe form him and the steel of his sword? The answer of that question would not be answered here, at least not yet.

‘This plan seems good to me, this place is a good place to allow those that patrol this place of evil to pass so we may find what we seek and be gone from here.’ With that thought he gave a reassuring nod to the others.

It was then the two giants burst into the room through the warped door. Conall quickly shifted his eyes to Cor and gave a slight tap to Alasdiar hoping he too would see the look on Cor’s face and be ready to fallow the War Cleric down into battle. As the two giants took the room and scanned the room but only seconds passed. Then Cor as if a silent prayer on his lips he stood fast in our little out of the way place. Cor had control once more.

‘You see boy faith in that god of yours Odin has made him weak. He cowers behind his hammer as they pass.’ It was then the wooded door burst open once more. This second opening almost taking the door off its metal buckles that hinge it to the stone walls. This broke the voice in Conall’s head.

Conall looked down the opening just in time to see an Ettin inter the room behind the two giants. Conall’s eyes widened and his teeth grind together behind taught lips. A low word could be heard slipping from his closed teeth but only by those ever so close to him but in Conall’s mind it rang like a hunting horn before a fall hunt of the great stags back home, “Haila…” Time seem to stand still for Conall as his eyes fixated on the Ettin.

‘YES BOY! That is the one. He, it took her right from under your protective gaze. You failed boy and now you can make it right. Can you see it, just standing there, calling to you? It yearns for battle and death. Go BOY. Give it to him. Deliver death as only a true Glendower can. What are you waiting for? Feel its heart still beating, hear its rhythmic dumps in your ears. Oh what is that smell?’ Conall’s nostrils flared at the very air he breathed. ‘What you can not smell his breath? I can, it smells of He…’ It was then Conall felt Cor’s arm before him as Conall leaned toward the opening. Alasdiar had his shoulder and sword hand by the wrest.

It could be seen on his eyes, that is the one… Haila, I must go But it was not to be. The two, Cor and Alasdiar held Conall to his place Conall franticly trying to tell them that was the Ettin. The one in his mind lost all voice and the Palladin’s rage was replaced by frustration and sadness. The kind only felt by a young child as it longs for food and young age still keeps speech from him and his mother is not to be seen.

Conall did not see the others that entered the room below and then fallow the two giants and the Ettin, That Ettin. Only minutes passed but it seemed like hours as Conall sat. Now that all had passed he withdrew inside himself once more putting the dark things in check before the time came to move on.

Conall hit the ground and moved to the door that the Ettin and his cronies had moved out of. He reached for the door and wanted to fling it open but caught himself. ‘I must get to Haila first.’ Conall reached out with an open palm and slowly and quietly pushed the door close. As he turned Cor met him and once more passed on words of wisdom.

“Once more my friend cooler tempers have prevailed.” Conall went on to tell the group that that thing that took Haila came from that passage and that he thought she might be found at its end and he prayed to Odin they would not be too late for her.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

A Plan starts somewhere...
Posted on 5/17/2005 at 8:26:49 PM (CST)

"Hmm, my dear Conall, ye did say that yonder Ettin was the one that stole our precious Lady Haila from our mist?" mused Alasdair as a plan started to form in his mind. Seeing Conall's nod of acknowledgement and curiousity he continued, "It might be possible for me to control one of the many foes we've encounter in these tunnels to take us to the Lady's Sunblayze and Haila. It would require that we not send all our foes to their makers the next time we fight, or perhaps we could set a trap and lure our intended prey into it." Seeing that he had the interest of a few, "These creatures would not be too difficult to even coerce into leading us where we want to go, or even fighting for us. Now wouldn't that suprise the Ladys, to be rescued by the very things that had captured them," laughs Alasdair while giving a reassuring pat on Conall's shoulder.

"I am with ye when the time is right to fight my friend, never fear that," says Alasdair in a tone meant to let all know that he felt as they did. To Lady Drusilia, "Ye should know that I have the power to secure a room or area to all but the most powerful magics should there be a need to rest or protect ourselves."

OOC: Alasdair readies his sword and shield and moves to the front of the party, obviously wanting to quickly move onward with their search. He will use the psionic powers of Heightened Senses to assist in scouting and Contact and Domination on the first creature that they encounter whom he feels might actually be able to led them to their lost companion and Lady Sunblayze.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Ideas
Posted on 5/19/2005 at 3:18:00 AM (CST)

Everything goes according to the plan and they watch as 2 formorians and 1 ettin followed by some new strange creatures that seemed to be a mix of many races.Turns out the ettin is the one Conall knows kidnapped Halia and you could see the rage in his face, but Cor and Alasdair managed to hold him in check.Once they all pass the group climbs down and are on their way.They follow long winding passage ways passing two storage areas.One supplied with food and one with weapons and such.Looks like supplies for a good size army.She wonders to herself"What is going on here they are gearing up for something big it looks like, and that shield with the shadow king emblem what does it all mean."

Turnung one more cornor heading them west the area before them looks to open up.Once again they can here voices of both orc and hobgoblin ahead.Looks like if they want to continue in the same direction some type of stand must be made.Morphing out of bird form she quitly addresses the group.I would really like to avoid a long drawn out fight.I think time is becomming our enemy now. anyway to find out how many there are, and I hate to keep asking the mages to take care of things but I think a quick powerful area spell or two may be in order here to keep us moving.Once we have the prisnors the fighters may have to then get us back out.Ideas?

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Yes it is time for magic
Posted on 5/19/2005 at 4:01:10 PM (CST)

Conall listen to the lady Drusilia, “Yes, time is rapidly becoming the greater enemy. Under most circumstances I would only call upon the power of magic users in time of dire need and only after words and steel have been used and has gotten us no closer to our end goals.” Conall pauses for just a moment and ponders the current situation. Then with a nod of the head, “Yes, we should use magic, but use it sparingly. For I fear that with the patrol we have seen and the great possibility of that not being the only one. We will find no rest here.”

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Burn them again?
Posted on 5/20/2005 at 12:26:00 PM (CST)

As soon as the party looking for them passes Ulthok follows the rest of the party out of their little hideout, and back on their own hunt for the now two missing women.He keeps a intense eye and ear out as the party moves up and down a series of halls that twist through the caves.They pass two storage rooms on their way one stocked with enough food for a small army, and one with weapons and armors to outfit said army.He has a hard time moving past this second room without stopping for even the briefest of moments, this is the type of area that screams out for a thief to browse through, but just like the others who have put things aside that they had wanted to do he must do the same.he does take a second look at the shield with the flamming fist emblem and tries to remember when and where he has seen that same thing before.


The group rounds another cornor and can see the hall opens up not far in front of them.They also can here voices comming from that area and it sounds like both orc, and hobgoblin voices.Ulthok slinks over to the right side of the hall and makes his way to the front of the group where he will listen to the voices and since he can speak and understand Orc try to see what they are talking about so he can report to Dru.If he gathers any info from listening he will report this, and when Dru asks about area spells to be used to hasten this battle he advises her what he has left in his arsenal.Probally his best massive damage area spell left is fireball, and he offers its use.With that he waits for a decision to be made.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Burning...
Posted on 5/21/2005 at 5:01:30 PM (CST)

She knew that burning was probably the best thing to do. It was quick and easy, But who knew how much unwanted attention it may attract. But there wasn't much choice.
Ok, me and ulthok Will get into range and both use are fire ball spells. I want you all to follow quietly. But not to close. And everyone keep your eyes and ears out for any other troubles." She looks to Ulthok. She still has that upset look in her eyes. But she won't let the stress control her. Ready Little Buddy? She smiles as she gets ready....

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Roasting it is
Posted on 5/22/2005 at 11:43:14 AM (CST)

Cor listend as Dru laid out her plan. Magic it was to be in this fight. Twin fireballs would be hurled at the enemy. With a bit of luck that might finish off many of them; but what if it didn't? "The fireballs are usually very effective but having been hit by one myself once I can attest that some are not so bad. Perhaps you would allow those of us who weild steel to charge just behind your spell to finish off any who still stand. Just don't want to see them get a chance to escape and raise an alarm."

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Task at Hand
Posted on 5/22/2005 at 3:00:32 PM (CST)

He listens to the plan, twin fireballs this could do the job depending on how many of their enemy there are they don't really know.Cors idea of the warriors to be close at hand for a quick finish if need be he feels is probally wise.

When the Lady Dru looks to him to give him instructions on what she wants he can tell she has the look of being disappointed by the little thiefs previeous actions, but as usual he did what he felt was correct and did it only because he did not feel it would cause the group any harm, to the contrary he felt it might acctually releave some of the tension that had built since his first action dealing with Talia.Putting all this to the back of his mind and on with the task at hand he slides close to Dru.I am ready however I agree with Cor and Think you should order the fighters to be closer to us for a quick assult if need be.With that Ulthok draws the nessacery materials from his spell pouch to set of his fireball spell.Using his skills of move silently and hide in shadows just for extra safty moves to a position that gives him a good line to allow his fireball to detonate as close to the enemy as possable without him having direct site of them.He starts his spell casting and when the time is right points his right finger and watches as the beautiful little ball of flame hurls towards his enemy.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Mop Up
Posted on 5/22/2005 at 3:04:22 PM (CST)

After Cor voices his concern about any who might survive and be able to flee for help, Dru feels he is right and so gives the order for the warriors to stay close at hand and prepare for mop up if nessacery.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 104
Reply | Edit

new name/forgot password/same me
Posted on 5/23/2005 at 1:28:32 AM (CST)

Tough little Haila was in agony. Pain contorted her face as she was carried suspended between the 2 guards. She felt every bounce like she was strapped back into the chair. She squeezed her eyes shut with a particularily hard jolt sent a spasm of pain. The small wry voice of her nurse drifted into her head..."Don't do that honey you'll get wrinkles before your 20." To say she was lucid would be laugh but amid the pain filled delirium she was aware of her situation. She couldn't move her hands and her left foot~ they were broken. When the guards through her into her cell she prayed the pain would make her pass out. One bounce. Two. A bit of a slide. Connection with the wall on the far side of the cage. Stars burst behind her eyes. She opened her eyes...the dirt floor swam in front of her. She hadn't passed out. Stupid Body.

The guards seem contented to lock her in her cell while snorting and growling in thier own language. A flick of her eyes told her they had taken Althena. She thought she may want to lay on her back but it seemed like too much effort. Niamedris' presence had withdrawn. They hadn't caught him. The little mage wished she really could pass out...


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:29:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


A Pissed off singed Cat

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Pisssed off Singed Cat
Posted on 5/23/2005 at 5:27:44 AM (CST)

The Party with enemies to their front, the rear and most surely all around faced yet another choice.
But again the Lady Dru showing clearly why it was that she was leader gave her commands once again...

This fight would be a fast one combining elements of both melee and magic. Ulthok and Dru casting fireballs, while Cor, Conall, Alasdair, Hawk and Af’til charged in behind to kill any enemy yet alive.

Flit being not of the fighter type would await a clear shot from the entranceway.

Alasdair once again using his powers as before finds the numbers and type of the foe..

"we face 20 Orcs, 10 Hobgoblins and 2 Giants I believe them to be Formorian again."

With that last piece of information they are ready...

In moments both mage fireballs are away the light and heat the signal for the fighters to charge. And charge they do into a maelstrom of fire, death and burning flesh.
The Orc’s and Hobgoblins all dead their body’s all yet aflame the two formorians clearly hurt yet alive.
The fighters attack surprise still on their side in only minutes with little resistance from the Giants both have joined the others in death...

The battle over before it truly began the party now before them see two things. A set of stairs leading down and an angry cat its fur somewhat singed. Without a doubt it is Haila’s cat Niamedris or crispy as his new name could become.

With a sullen look of anger at both Ulthok and Dru it moves down the stairs and at the bottom awaits the party...

The way to Haila it seems may have just gotten easier....

SOMEWHERE ELSE

Haila in pain able to move very little was concerned to say the least what would happen to her now.
The question was soon answered as three of the Half-Gnolls entered. Saying nothing they gazed at her as if a piece of meat. A rattle of a key inside a lock, the opening of the cell door, the entrance of 2 while the third a fire he did start in the rooms center. Watching this Haila knew their intent, very clear it was to her. She would be thier evening meal.

A closure of eyes her mind spinning fast Haila prayed on everything she held dear that rescue would arrive soon....

A CAT INDEED

Niamedris was perplexed no way did he see past these Ugly ones. Then suddenly as if by an influx of cat sense he knew danger was near.

As he leaped back down the steps he was engulfed in the edge of fire his hair in spots very singed.
His return to the top of the stairs was angry for he knew the 2 most responsible for this.

Seeing them a stare he did give leaving in neither ones mind a mistaken thought on how he viewed them at this moment.
Then to the bottom once again awaiting the party a sick feeling they would be too late to help his mage....

OOC: OK good posts. As my hours are yet up in the air I may have to change my posting timetable so bare with me for now next post Sunday.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:36:20.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


65

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

If looks could kill
Posted on 5/23/2005 at 3:40:48 PM (CST)

Conall felt the heat and then moved in with all the speed he could muster. Sword and hammer brought death to all that was left standing. It was then movement from the stairs caught Conall’s eyes. He swung around to face what ever was charging up the stairwell.

Niamedris was at the top of the stairs, daggers seem to fly from his eyes pointed strait at our two mages of fire. “Glory and trumpets! It is Nam’s Dress. He flies back down the stairs. She is still alive; I feel it in my hart. Come there is no time to loose.” and with that Conall held for no answer, he was heading down the stairs.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Hope & Purpose
Posted on 5/23/2005 at 7:50:48 PM (CST)

With a fury of movement and few attacks required, the battle was over before it had truly begun. The smell of burnt orc and hobgoblins filled the air, creating a grizzly scene. Only the sight of Haila's Niamedris brought a smile to Alasdair's eyes, for if Niamedris was alive so must Lady Haila. Seeing that the others also saw the cat, Alasdair headed for the stairs in a rush, all the while hoping that Haila was nearby and safe.

"Niamedris our fine friend, lead us to her and ye both shall be safe again," cried Alasdair.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

burnt flesh and a stairway
Posted on 5/24/2005 at 1:41:39 AM (CST)

The smell of burning flesh heavy in the air, the ranger moves quickly to the stairs, following his companions. Hoping that the stairs would lead them to their missing friend. A silent prayer offered.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A cat indeed is the cat we Need
Posted on 5/24/2005 at 2:38:25 PM (CST)

Following orders Ulthok drops his fireball as close to the middle of the gathered enemy as was possable.He watches as the warriors barely waiting long enough to not to be blasted themselves rush any survivors and quickly dispatch them.The air is full of the stench of dead and burning flesh enough to sicken anyone not hardened to such by years of battle and victory.
Quickly scanning all the bodies lying about Ulthok looks to see if there are any that are not so totally fried that their packs and pouches might still be intact.If he sees any he will targeting only pouches try to gather them.Just gather then not open and go thru just grab and carry for now.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Flaming kitty
Posted on 5/26/2005 at 9:00:27 AM (CST)

As the blaze flurry of magi blow apart the enemies ranks, I like the rest of the sword arms rush in to quickly quiet the screams of these poor pathetic beast that bar our path to our dearest friend and comrade. But the magi seem to melted there carcass to the very spot they stood, eliminating a unwanted battle. As the light of the fire fade and the smoldering body stop produce producing odors smoke I caught a glance of a black cat, a cat that looks very much like our friend cat, then it was being chase by two men both wielding very large pointy objects. If I was a cat I would run from them those two as well, heck i would run from them if i was a black dragon in my prim, that face would kill at that range; I though to my self.



As to the next action, not wanting to let any one fall behind and see that our little friend is doing his normal duties I wound help Ulthok collect the item he seek for pouch and such. “Twice the people, twice the outcoming half the time, right buddy” afterward I will hand them to him if there time a head of us.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Talk to the animals
Posted on 5/28/2005 at 2:32:22 PM (CST)

As he quickly roams about the slaughter sceen collecting any pouches that may be around, if any, and may still be intact, if any, Af'till joins him and if he finds any gives them to Ulthok.The two then hurry to follow the black cat of Halias down the stairs and hopefully to her master.Once at the bottom of the stairs where the party is gathered it is obvious the cat is in a hurry which puts all on edge, but rather than just blindly following the cat with no idea as to where we are headed Ulthok suggest to Dru.

I know time is of the essence but I think it would be prudent if we could have better communications with Halias' kitty Dru you as a druid, don't you have some form of speak with animal.It could be very usefull to acctually talk to the cat.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 612
Reply | Edit

Nice Kitty
Posted on 5/29/2005 at 3:31:16 AM (CST)

With the battle (such as it was) finished, Cor looked around and saw "kitty" sitting on the steps smoking slightly. 'Hmm, that isn't normal.' Cor thought to himself. Looks like curiosity almost claimed another cat.

He listened as the others debated what to do. He figured if the cat was in contact with its master and had found them it certainly needed no help in leading them. Once again he readied his hammer and prepared to move.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

some consolation
Posted on 5/29/2005 at 5:01:58 AM (CST)

Haila lay on the floor. Every part of her body ached and throbbed. The cool stone against her skin did nothing to stem the blistering pain that raced through every nerve ending. The little mage heard the scraping of knives against stone. Her the gutteral noices that passed for speech among her captors. Through bleary eyes she saw a fire being started and a cookpot being set up. Somehow she doubted they were catering her meals al fresco. Haila thought frantically what she could do to possibly escape. Nothing was readily leaping to mind.

She had to place her trust in Niamedris. Her vauled familiar, the most loyal of friends. He would find the others and bring them here. She could only hope that----A flash of pain, not her own, jolted her already bruised psyche. The smell of burning fur and a throat seizing up on a yowl of pain filtered through her bond with Niamedris. Her familiar had been caught. The realization covered her like a banket of the blackest dispare. There would be no rescue. She dug deep to again touch the bond with the cat hoping to offer the cat some comfort in his final moments but the connection slipped throught her fingers like smoke. Her own pain overshadowed the cat's pain. Letting go of the connection Haila took comfort she wouldn't be alone in the plaines beyond. Taila and Niamedris would be there to complete her.

When the cage door opened the only sound of protest was from it's rusty hinges.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Here KItty Kitty
Posted on 5/29/2005 at 4:05:14 PM (CST)

0oc: Sorry for the late post..

Bic: She says nothing to the group because talking right now might take to much time, which they have none. She quickly turns to the cat. Dru cast her speak with animals spell. She quickly speaks.." Hey, looks like we singed some furs. I apologize. You have been to halia and back please tell us how to get there as quickly as we can. With no people in are way if possible.." She smiles at the cat. She knows she must sound strange to the others. All they can really hear is a series of meows coming from dru...


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:38:27.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


A Missing Member found

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Missing Member Found.
Posted on 5/30/2005 at 6:34:40 AM (CST)

The Orc’s, Hobgoblin’s and Giants all dead. A Cat with singed hair. The party hoped to find a missing member soon.

Many actions where taken in the space of but a few moments.

Ulthok and Af’til and Flit moving among the bodies looking for anything useful but to no avail.
Everything that once may have been worth anything now nothing but ash...

The Lady Dru her spell of Speak with Animals wasted, the Cat already out of range. Could do nothing but follow behind the rest of the party down the stairs...

Conall, Cor, Alasdair and Hawk upon seeing Niamedris hesitated not. Following the Cat quickly as it turned and jumped back down the stairs.

A chase of sorts then ensued.

At the bottom of the flight of stairs a straight run to the south. Past a hallway to the east they ran and came to an East and West split of the hallway, 70 yards from the stairs.

Here it was that Niamedris to the east did run 50 yards away on the east wall a wooden door was found, the hallway continueing to the south at this point did turn.

The Cat clearly now in desperate need to enter the door as if it knew its master was in deep danger. Then if by miracle or carelessness the door was open and Niamedris was through. A roar of surprise and pain thus did quickly follow.

The fighters knowing that a battle was surely to come still as yet had weapons drawn.
Into the room a Cat they followed to find three creatures like the ones yet seen before, on one creature a Cat clawing.

Surprise was theirs, first rd to the four Fighters was thus granted....

A CAT INDEED

Knowing that the two legged friends of his Mage would follow Niamedris quickly turned and leaped back down the flight of stairs. A quick look over his shoulder showed him that indeed they did follow.
To the South then East did he run no longer fearing discovery he reached a point of contact with his Mage.
She was in great danger!!

He must reach her to help. A leap to the door and to his surprise it opened and into the room did he find himself.

Before him 3 of the large ugly’s preparing his Mage for a meal with her as the main course. Another leap with claws out and he attacked the one carrying his Mage towards the fire. with a startled roar of surprise and pain it dropped his master to the ground. And thus the battle was begun...


SOMEWHERE ELSE

Pain, Pain, and yet more pain Haila was consumed by it. Her bones broken and blood leaking from many cuts the female Fighter/Mage was nearly at the end of her rope. The view of her future as a cooked meal holding very little surprise.

Then it happened a moment of mental pain and heat and her slim connection with Niamedris was gone. Her feelings awash in the sureness of the Cats death her mind shut down.
Catatonic, her mind deep in hiding, she did not feel it as she was picked up by one of the Half-Gnolls and carried towards the fire. Her mind so devastated for the moment it did not register the return of the Cat,the party members behind it and a fall to the floor.

It would take much more then this to bring her back from the dark. The only question now would the arrival of help be too little too late...

OOC: Ok everyone here is the deal Alasdair, Conall Cor, Hawk you guys have surprise. So once again first attacks to you.
The rest of the party is in this order Dru next rd you can act.
Af’til, Flit and Ulthok you guys can act 2 rds after Dru as you spent time searching other then that good posts once again.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:39:48.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


66

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 612
Reply | Edit

Cat and mouse
Posted on 5/30/2005 at 12:45:38 PM (CST)



Cor stood ready and he saw Dru begin a spell. What spell she was casting he never learned for suddenly "kitty" turned and ran away. In an instant Cor knew that he had to follow or the cat would be lost. As he ran forward, he saw Alasdair, Hawk and Connal were by his side. Down hallways they ran, always just behind the cat. Finally they saw "kitty" pause at a door before springing thru it. From teh shouts that escaped the room, Cor could envision "kitty" as a ball of angry teeth and claws. He had felt those claws himself and knew that whatever it ws in there was not going to be happy. Cor rushed thru the door with hammer at the ready. Before him stood three evil beasts like those killed in the hallway. Upon one was perched 'kitty' doing its best to tear teh beat apart. At the creature's feet lay Haila. Her wounds were obvious and numerous. A quick glance told Cor that she had been intended as the evening meal. Cor did not bother to hold his rage in check. "Connal, with me brother! Match my swings!" he yelled as he moved to attack. Only another fighter would notice that his blows landed in areas intended not to kill but to maim and subdue. Cor hoped Connal would notice and do the same. Cor fully intended there to be a feast for those who roamed these halls. From what he knew of their ilk, it made no differance if the main coarse was one of their own.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

The heart of a warrior
Posted on 5/31/2005 at 2:56:19 PM (CST)

Conall at a run saw Niamedris though himself at a large wooden door and then from inside the room fell screams of rage and surprise. As Conall entered the room and saw a ball of fur, claw, and teeth he charged fourth into battle. “The heart of a warrior beats with you, Niamedris! Feel my claw foul beast of the underworld and die!”

It was then Conall heard the Battle cry of his brother in arms and teacher in faith. A strange one it was and then Conall saw that Cor’s strikes were not those of death… At once Conall knew what he must do and with shield and puml of sword Conall through himself into battle. Not yet noticing the still body of the one who they seek. Though with bruise and dry blood would the small figure be recognized?

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Lady Found and Justice Dealt
Posted on 6/1/2005 at 2:23:52 AM (CST)

Quickly following Niamedris through the maze of tunnels, Alasdair was quick to realize that Lady Haila was within the last chamber. He rushed toward to sounds of the feline struggle within, instantly taking in the scene before him. Picking his target carefully, he intended to finish off the one nearest Lady Haila and thus defend her till the others were able to assist her.

With a nod to Conall, Cor, and Hawk, he charged forward, sword weaving a deadly dance as he struck at the nearest foe, still intent on spending his full fury upon the foul creature so near the lady. "Justice shall be dealt upon those who harm a lady, worse yet, one of my friends," cried Alasdair as he moved among the creatures, sword and shield moving in perfect balance.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Friends indeed
Posted on 6/1/2005 at 3:19:27 PM (CST)

Alas, as I am not able to make it to the rooms as of yet, I cannot say if I would be in time to indeed help in this fight.
But as I heard Cor call rebounding down the hall, I said to my two friendly friends, "I indeed realized that us three are being left out on the festivities, we better make haste to the sound of battle before they have all the fun."




As I began to quicken the pace I remember that I have Haila staff and quickly remove in from my pouch (my magical pouch) incase Haila is in need of it to get revenge on her captors. As race down the hall in elven boots and cloak i will not leave my two friends behind me, just in case the sound of battle attract more visiters than them two can handle.(like 100 people because i know the two thief can handle at least 99 warriors, it's alway that last one that get you.)

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Since I'm a little slow-I'll take in a little more
Posted on 6/3/2005 at 5:51:16 PM (CST)

Ulthok with the help of Flit and Af'till had searched in vain all the dead burnt bodies left by the two fireballs.Suddenly he noticed everyone had disappeared down the stairs so he quickly runs down to find the four fighters already in hot pursuit of the kitty and well ahead of them.Dru was also moving but was a few steps behind them.Ulthok, Flit and Af'Till where even farther behind.

Knowing he can follow the others to where ever the cat is leading them and that the four in the lead can handle themselves. Af'til appears to want to quicken the pace but seems hesitent to leave me behind.Go Sir Af'til to the battle do not worry about this little thief, The four ahead covered much ground very fast, and since I belive they should be able to handle whatever they have encountered or Dru who is just behind them would hail us, I intend to try to make sure nothing of importence or danger has been passed by.We want no surprises and I intend to try to keep it that way.

Ulthok decides as he follows along that they are passing a lot of corridors and doors.At the first hall running east he takes a look down to see any doors or any turns there might be and commit to memory what he sees.Moving on to the east west split he looks to see Dru heading east to a door that was now open and sounds of turmoil where coming out.Ulthok looks west first to see what layes in that direction.If he can see any doors within the first 100ft using his boots for speed he moves to the door and does the usual.He checks for traps and checks to see if it is locked if it is he will not try to open it but using the thieving skill of detect noise will try to hear anything going on in the room.
After which I move to the east door where the fighting is taking place.With my bow drawn I look in to see if any and where help might be needed.If it looks like anyone is in trouble I will target their adversary.

OOC: Since I am not sure how long everything I have asked to do will take, exceprt for reaching the east door of the fight, which will take a total of I think three rounds.Just let me know.


OOC: Just to be sure I'm right I won't be here to enter the room for 3 more rds correct.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Hurrying!
Posted on 6/4/2005 at 2:45:48 PM (CST)

AS her spell was wasted for that cat seemed in quit a hurry. She quickly got to her feet as the fighters followed the cat with great speed, she quickly followed them. Her robes flapping around her. She keeps running until she reaches the destination..

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Answer
Posted on 6/6/2005 at 8:37:49 AM (CST)

As I see the logic in the little thief plan I would like to assist him in his endeavors, because I know fully that the team ahead can hold their own against any normal foe.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:41:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Combat Rd one

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Combat Rd One
Posted on 6/7/2005 at 5:39:43 PM (CST)

A Room again entered, a broken and bleeding Haila about to become lunch. The 4 fighters of the party and a singed Cat in combat to save a friend.

CELL ROOM

The Dwarf Cor was mad but yet very much in control as he attacked not to kill but to cripple.
His voice ringing loud he yelled to Conall to attempt the same.

As normal his blows were sound and both cut deep into the first Half-Gnolls legs. Blood spat forth yet the creature seemed not at all phased by his new wounds.

Eyes full of an intelligence not normal a fast move did it make, a spin behind the Dwarf, a weapon drawn and Cor found himself feeling the bite of the monsters sword in his back and arm. A hard shove and the wall he met.

A quick turn and the Dwarf found himself again face to face with the Half-Gnoll. A look of what could only be pleasure in its eyes, its wounds yet leaking blond....

Conall entered almost behind the Dwarf Cor to find three strange creatures of the type seen from their earlier hiding place. Having clearly heard Cors cry to maim not kill the Paladin at first was unsure as it was not honorable to maim or cripple an opponent.

But then the reason for the Dwarfs call was clear these creatures would know the way to the one the party sought it was a must to try to capture one alive.

His sword moving fast he moved to the second of the 3 and attacked. But to his surprise his blows found no hits as the creature was FAST . Before the Paladin knew it the Half-Gnoll, now with a large battleaxe in hand was to his side and raining blows at him but only one a hit.

The strength of the creatures blow nearly causing the Paladin to fall to the floor. His balance kept a trickle of blood revealing itself through his Armor Conall knew he faced no senseless Gnoll but a creature most dangerous and highly intelligent....

Alasdair following also close upon the heels of the Paladin and War Cleric moved into the room. 3 creatures the Dwarf on one the Paladin the other, the third clearly his.

With no fear or hesitation and not having it seemed heard Cor’s words to cripple not kill he moved in full force.

His sword and shield moving together in tandem his attacks on target yet only one a hit. Blood from the chest of the Half-Gnoll seemingly of little concern to it.
Its return attacks with the hammer in its hand were both very close but no hits did it gain. The cavalier set himself ready for the next exchange of blows....

Hawk with nary a foe to fight swiftly moved to the inert body of Haila to see if he could aid her, in good shape she was not. The battle around him continued....

A CAT INDEED

Niamedris seeing the entrance of his mages friends with a last claw attack moved to haila's side to see if she was yet alive.
She was but yet gone he could not sense her mind. What was wrong where had his mage gone?? she yet lived but not.
This the Cat even more intelligent then other cats could not understand. Then one of the large ones the wood smelling one was at her side and Niamedris hoped...

The speed and intelligence of the creatures as shown to the 3 members engaged in combat was an unwelcome surprise and to 2 members their strength dangerous. Who had created these creatures and how many or what else yet lurked in this magically made stronghold of evil. A question that needed to be answered but not today.

HALLWAY

The lady Dru knew she would not be able to reach the room this round but move forward she yet did. Knowing the sounds of combat very well, she knew enemies lay ahead. Readying herself for this next rd she hesitated not her path always forward....

CRISPY CRITTER ROOM

The 2 thieves and the Ranger/Cleric moved quickly over the burnt and melted bodies of the dead finding nothing. A deeper search by all still was in vain.

As the 3 began to follow the party to the 2nd level and the combat ahead, combat instead came to them as a group of 9 Orcs entered and seeing the 3 companions attacked....


Combat before the party. Now combat also behind, 4 to 3 in one room, 9 to 3 in another the party separated. Would the outcome of this fight be yet again in their favor or would they lose. Only time would tell the answer and time, the one thing needed over all was in low supply.

The clock ticks on....

OOC: Ok ladies and Gents sorry about the late post but blame Kyle and my new work schedule for that. Well it looks rough for you guys I hope you can win.......Muhahahaha!!


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:43:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


67

(*ALL POSTS BY MOTTLE FROM THIS POINT ON DELETED BY HIM IN AN ACT OF CHILDLESSNESS WHEN HE LEFT GAME)
Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

What be this?
Posted on 6/8/2005 at 12:54:43 PM (CST)

Conall was surly surprised at the speed and strength of what he thought was a gnoll. Conall kept his footing after the first exchange of swordplay. Conall paused for just a second and caught the gaze of this creature that stood before him. “You are not as you seem. Your speed is that of the wind, your strength is that of a mountain that has stood for many a year.” Conall cautiously and ready for this new gnoll’s actions gave a nod as if to show respect and an honorable salute to a worthy foe.

Conall never having met such a foe on the field of battle was testing the waters. He was seeing if his words could be heard and understood. He was seeing if this new foe was worthy. Worthy of the honor Coanll’s code of conduct has taught him to show a foe such as this.

Conall will always stay on guard and ready to retaliate if this new creature shows no sign of honor or inelegance. Conall will press on with the maiming of such foe. If these foes do not have the inelegance or honor to parlay before battle they will surrender information after battle.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Unwelcome Party Crashers.
Posted on 6/9/2005 at 12:48:05 PM (CST)

OOC: Seems like all my other writting was in vain OH well.

BIC:AS the three who where checking the dead from the last battle prepared to follow down the stairs they were confronted by nine more fully alive Orcs.As he prepares for battle Ulthok quitly speaks to his compainions.

Looks like we over stayed our welcome friends, but we must stand and fight we can't flee.If we do they can send someone back to report on our whereabouts and our deception above will be wasted. We must stop these nine here and now.

Knowing what he is about to do will cause little damage to their foes, but he hopes by attacking as many as he can at once it will keep them all interested in the fight and not on reporting their find.So Ulthok quickly unleashes five magic missles targeting five of the closest orcs with one missle each.By keeping their attention focused towards him he hopes his friends may be able to get in some good attacks.
As he launches his missles and maneuvers himself away from his friends he can't stop his mind from admonishing himself for the trouble they find themselves in."see you have done it again, if you had followed the others like you should have instead of looking for baubles you and your friends may not find yourselves in their present predicament."

Keeping his back to one wall he will keep inching around away from Flit and Af'til trying to keep the Orcs attention on him as much as possable as he works out his next move.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Oh, Kill it now... Gladly
Posted on 6/13/2005 at 2:56:11 PM (CST)

“Well Cor, I do not think I will ask it to play fetch any time soon. This creature is like none of its kind that I have meet before” Conall adjusted his stance slightly, preparing himself for an answer to the question it had poised to the gnoll before him.

Then he heard Cor speak the strange tongue of these creators, “Oh don’t play with it but you can ask about it’s mother and it’s half orc father and as for it’s sister. Well I hear it she known by all the slag beast in this reign.” While say such things Conall watches for any reaction in the beast eyes.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

bottom of the ninth with two outs
Posted on 6/13/2005 at 6:55:55 PM (CST)

OOC I will write two things the first depend on the layout of the tunnel/room and how far they are away, the second I will do if it doesn't suit the spell in the first.

BIC: With whispers from my lips to the ears of nature "help me bind these foul creatures to the earth, so that may I return them to once they came." As a hush came over me, a rumble began to spring forth from the walls. Tiny thread-like substance leaped from the wall snagged the charging breast arms and legs (and bodies), abruptly halting their advance and blocking their retreat. The roots grew thicker and stronger, getting more interweaving among the nine, as the creature were held fast. (I cast entangle starting at the first orc and flowing down the way they came/their retreat path.
With that I ready to slay the blasphemy beast of nature.

(second I will ready myself for Ulthok plan to strike as they charge. If I can’t do the first)

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Rescue of Lady Haila
Posted on 6/15/2005 at 8:00:33 PM (CST)

Seeing his blows failing to kill the creatures before him, Alasdair shouts to those attending to Lady Haila, "Get the lass to safety and out of this room so that we might fight these fould creaures more easily. I shall gaurd thee and ye move... now move they arses." He laughs heartily as he again positions himself between the creatures and Lady Haila, giving his comrades a route to exit the room and to the 'apparent' safety of the hallway.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

Hi Ho HI Ho, it's off to safety we go
Posted on 6/17/2005 at 9:57:45 PM (CST)

Hearing Alasdair's cry to get Hailia to safety, The ranger quickly picks up the body of their injured comrade. He moves as quickly as possible towards the door. "Give us a few moments if you can my friend"

Time warp
Posted on 6/19/2005 at 8:18:29 AM (CST)

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

joining the fight
Posted on 6/21/2005 at 1:26:42 AM (CST)

She had just gotten to the room and realized what kind of heap they had managed to get themselves into. she quickly, with sword in hand moves into the room and brings her sword down towards the nearest creatures head. She can tell that these creatures are quite rugged, and are unlike any she had ever really seen. Clever, his own spawn. Perhaps she had misjudged her opponent and his might. Perhaps there was more to this whole thing than meets they eye, or perhaps it was just her, drifting into her little reality. Maybe always being the leader of groups was beginning to go to her head. Power does seem to have that effect on her family. But she doubted she was anything like them. She hoped the next thing she would hear was the fracturing of the creatures skull, and its high pitched shrieks for mercy. But she suspected her luck and strength where not that great.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 20:50:52.
Edited on 2006-09-30 at 21:13:39 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Into the breach once more

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Into the Breach once more
Posted on 6/21/2005 at 7:31:37 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another room found with enemies dire. A friend sorely in need of mental healing.
Once more into the breach a party of companions readily charge. Yet behind them no safety found...


CELL ROOM

Conall seeing from the first rd of combat that no dim witted beast did he face gave his opponent a nod of true respect. His voice calm, words the Paladin to the Gnoll looking creature did speak. To his amazement skill of battle was not the only thing different about this creature.

"And well met to you Paladin of a false God I am Tavash Dah a Sgt of the Sssrukk Vong and it will be my honorable pleasure to send you to meet said God."

The words were in very clear common, no guttural slurs at all showing to Conall a high degree of Intelligence.
Before the Paladin could ponder anything else the "Sssrukk Vong" attacked!!.

One minute before him it had stood, the next in combat once again was he engaged.

The Paladins sword barely deflecting the first attack in no position to counter the second pain and blood his shoulder hit. His Return attack was better a clean hit along the creatures mid section having heard Cor’s earlier yell.

Once again the two antagonists faced each other across a room seemingly very small...

Cor watching the Paladin saw that his yell had been heard. Turning to the second of what the other creature had named "Sssrukk Vong" the Dwarf too spoke words but his were not of respect but of a very simple and direct nature.
He too was rewarded with a reply.

"Dwarf you know not what we are for none of your kind has ever survived a meeting with us. We have lived among you quietly and deep awaiting his return.
Now is the time your peoples, dwarf, human and Elf alike shall know of us as we kill them all for him and reclaim that what was once his!!"

Cor aware of the fact that the other creature facing Conall had attacked after speaking was ready as the second so too did. The Gnoll like creature coming in fast and low.

His hammer in hand a strike to the creatures knee, the sound of braking bone. His second attack a miss due to the the quickness of this creature before him.
But the creature broken knee and all was yet strong and quick and two hits did it strike upon the Dwarf. The creatures strength as such, Cor on his knees did fall. His chest and back bloody.

The creature above him, Cors back exposed, a weapon raised to fall...

Alasdair knowing that the creatures they faced were fast and deadly wasted no time. Moving quickly he positioned himself to keep the doorway open and called to Hawk to get the semi-aware Haila to safety.

Without a word the Cavalier attacked his blade off target, yet a light hit scored.
A return strike blocked upon his shield did him no harm but a second into his leg did go.

A scratch nothing more or so the Cavalier thought. A spin move and he faced the creature yet again the pain in his leg growing. a small amount of blood on the creatures face the Cavalier could see from the cut of his sword.

Cavalier to Sssrukk Vong face to face the two did stand nary a word said....

Hawk moving quickly did not enter the fight a broken Haila his goal.

Upon Alasdair’s cry to get her to safety he hesitated not. In a swift move and an over the shoulder carry he moved her into the hall and away from battle.

A Fast moving Lady Dru entering the room as he left it...

The Lady Dru moving fast had reached the room of battle at last and dismay did she find.

Three creatures with the look of parts of Man, Elf and Gnoll grown together like the creatures she had seen while hidden before.
A dwarf on his knees, death above him about to fall.
Her sword and movement fast, attack she did!!.

Her attack a clear surprise to the Gnoll creature was a hit true.
A blade through its chest did pierce.

Yet with blade inside still it did not die but readied itself to attack again...

CRISPY CRITTER ROOM

Uthlok and the others their search completed begin a move toward the stairs when into the room nine Orcs did enter. Too slow to leave yet a rear guard they had become.

Ulthok knowing of the lack of Fighter support cast Magic missile and from his hands 5 missiles did fly each a different target sought.

To three damage did they only do but two did the missiles fell to never to raise again.

Though a good start, the battle yet still beginning.
The three surviving Orcs attacking the nimble thief missed by all but one pain to his arm did he feel...

Af’til a Ranger from birth it had been once said, hesitated not a spell of Entanglement cast.

But alas in his excitement the Ranger did not grasp the lack of plants or such in these magical halls of stone.

His spell a failure, weapons now drawn he faced an oncoming pair of Orcs.
His Armor true no hit was struck upon him…

Flit was at a loss knowing his size a sure disadvantage here could do nothing but move. With his Boots of Speed he was quick nonetheless.

His longtooths drawn he did the one thing the Orcs would not expect from one his size...he attacked.!!

Into their midst he moved a hit and yet a miss his speed and action a complete surprise not a hit did the Gnome receive.

Behind the orcs he did find himself his daggers sheathed, Crossbow of speed up for the next round...

A CAT INDEED

Niamedris seeing no need to fight followed the Ranger Hawk outside with his Mage. His link to her very faint but try to contact he still did.

He knew he would yet need help to reach her. The kind of help only one of the party could give. Once the battle was over he would force the tall one to help...

Round two over, no one but two orcs dead yet members of the party hurt..

the party still yet locked in do or die time,
a member now once again free but no longer in this sphere of reality.
Light and Dark round three soon to begin...

(OOC: Ok Guys here it is finally my post. Sorry it was delayed thanks for being patient I appreciate that. Ok have fun posting off this rd, hopefully this time my hard drive won't go super nova. Let us all give thanks to Kyle for a quick repair. See ya Monday)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:07:54.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.