The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3956 registered users. Our newest member is Kingsonu78.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by breebles)Last Chance Q&A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by TannTalas)Firefly Serenity reboot
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by Bromern Sal)Space strategy game ideas
Recruitment Threads - Last Chance Gang Ideas/Planning (posted by Chessicfayth)Last Chance Gang
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Talynthar)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Two against eleven? Hardly seems fair... for them! ;)

"Make ready, my friend, they are nearly upon us," Allanan heard Siréne whisper, just as he was able to make out the forms at the edge of their camp.

Eleven, he counted as he drew his sword, the balance of it in his hands bringing him a measure of comfort.

“May the Lady watch over us!” Allanan encouraged his elven friend, even as he drew forth his shield and took a readied stance in front of Siréne.

[OOC: Not exactly sure if I can do all of this in one round, but here’s what I’m hoping for, in this order:

1)Draw his sword and shield.

2)Take a slight step in front of Siréne in an effort to shield her (though not to get in the way of her casting).

3)Take a “ready” action ? (that’s what it’s called in 3.5, I believe). Basically, Allanan is waiting for the bad tree-bark dudes to come to him. He is attempting to shield himself and Siréne from missile fire, and melee attack those that come charging in. I’ll let you sort out how that plays out in a round, Tann…
]



Posted on 2009-09-27 at 05:36:32.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Halia

She watched as the door slid open and felt a wave of relief when an escape was finally visible. The relief was short lived though when she then realized that the escape was well blocked by the hordes of attacking boulders. They had to get to that door. They needed cover.

She had no ranged weapons, her party was injured and out numbered. Things looked bleak. But they had looked bleak before.

Pulling herself up a bit she looked out over the way they had travel to get to safety. There had to be a line in there that was relativly open, and as soon as she spotted it she did not hesitate to act.

With a cry she unleashed a spell and waited for the cover they so desperatly needed to rise up.

She did not wait for the icy protection, however, to turn to her cat. "Run... run for it!"

((Casting Ice Wall hopefully in a space that can block off as many nasty rock things as possible from their path to the door.
Once that attempt is over she will try to get up, pull her sword and help attack anything that is left in their way))


Posted on 2009-09-27 at 14:32:55.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


Well that ended quick, both times LOL

As this new round unfolded before the party everything seemed to happen very fast, almost as if the time spent trying to answer the color question, had lasted days instead of minutes.

With a door opened and the way to it blocked by the Boulder Mage and his disciples if you would, the time had come for ending this fight. With Cor’s cry to attack the smaller glowing creatures given he turned back to the lady in his arms. A quick spell of cure poison cast and his relief was clear as Althena’s skin color changed to that of a healthy pale. However that gave the Dwarf Cleric thought, how had she been poisoned in the first place and was she the only one.

Conall the next to act did not attempt combat but did the next best thing, he healed. Having taken two direct attacks he knew that though not close to death one more hit could be enough to send him there. A Cure Light wounds cast he awaited the Boulder Mage to act, he would wait in vain, as things were about to turn a 180.

The next to act, was the last to act, as the Druid Cynil changed into the shape of an elephant and charged the smaller creatures before the door. Within a matter of seconds she had crushed, flung, or stabbed every still living boulder creature before her, leaving only the Boulder Mage yet standing.

With his people dead or fled the Boulder Mage found himself, in a manner of speaking, disarmed as he no longer had the living power of them to draw on. Seeing clearly that the fight was lost he fell to his knees, hands supplemented in surrender, the gems on his stone hands now nothing more then very expensive jewelry.

Both Rayne and Haila, one about to cast a spell the other ready to fire arrows, saw that there was no need as Cynil had in her unique way ended the fight before them. A spell now saved for later use and arrows unfired, the time to heal was at hand.

Then a voice cried out, Ulthok’s!!

“Cor come quick its Kenji! I think he is dying!!”

The Halfling Thief/Mage crouched at the Samurai’s side, the Samurai green colored, bleeding, and unmoving...........

FOREST AREA BELOW DROW MOUNTAIN late evening first day
Eleven tree bark skinned creatures ran to attack them, eleven cries from eleven harsh throats and as Allanan moved quickly to protect Sirène, she cast her spell, and watched as the attack just stopped!!.

Before him where there had been eleven foes, there now were eleven confused and meek beings, Sirène’s spell very very effective. The only question now was what to do with them as for the length of the spell they were little better them mindless idiots.

(DM OOC: I must say miss Nimu that when I read your post I was myself confused at why the Spell chaos but once I read the spell and realized just how it would effect my tree creatures my jaw dropped . In just one spell a nice little get acquainted combat was over. Good job and extra EXP to you for getting one over on the DM.
The same goes for you Dragon Mistress, as the Elephant was pure genius. Once I read up on real elephants and those in AD&D I knew the boulder creatures had no chance and the fight was over.

Also has anyone heard from Vespers as he has not posted to this or any other game at the Inn in some time. I know he is in Iraq at present and hope he is ok. Keeper any way to find out as your there too I have his real name if you need it

Ok next post, next Sunday once more. Good Job everyone.)


Posted on 2009-09-27 at 22:40:29.
Edited on 2009-09-28 at 02:29:46 by TannTalas

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Wow... what a woman!

Conall stands in awe as he observes Cynil turning into an elephant and trampling all of the smaller boulder creatures. She truly was a splendid woman... Conall was lucky to have her.

That being observed however, Conall still had an issue to observe. The creature before him had attempted to take the lives of those close to him. For that, he was a sinner. However, he had just chosen to give up and surrender. That and Ulthok's voice shot through the room, declaring Kenji was dying. Conall had used his magic, but still might be able to aid him...

Keeping his gaze on the boulder mage, and his sword pointed at it, Conall spoke.

"Cor, perhaps you should aid Kenji. I won't be much help, but you will. Oh, and in case you forgot..."

A smile crosses Conall's face. "You owe me a silver. And we both owe Cynil a gold."


Posted on 2009-10-04 at 01:33:42.
Edited on 2009-10-05 at 04:10:52 by gboy

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2181 Posts


Time to go

"Well done lass!!!" Cor called out to the elephant. Seeing the creature now powerless he yelled to Connel. "Aye lad I will see to Kenji but that creature must be destroyed." Cor finished his ministrations to Althena and turned his attention to Kenji. He began by checking him for signs of poison.

OOC: Not sure of the result so if Cor finds poison he will simply pull Kenji out of the room and ask the others if they can cure poison. If he detects no poison then he will cast heal.

IC: "Alright everyone, time to go. Gather up your things and lets head inta the hall. No one opens the next door until we are all sorted out."


Posted on 2009-10-04 at 07:06:47.
Edited on 2009-10-04 at 15:10:54 by Keeper of Dragons

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1250 Posts


Andalé

As the last words of her spell left her lips the power of the unseen world surged through Siréne and like a conduit the enchantment flowed through her into the very minds of the onrushing bark creatures. The elf watched as the summoned magicks ensnared the hostile creatures, in but moments their charge stopped. A smile curved on Siréne's lips and she nodded, it was always better to solve matters without spilling blood.

Turning to Allanan she spoke softly, "The power of the unseen world will hold them for a time, I suggest we sojourn away from this place before the enchantment fades. " She ran a hand through her hair and added, "Do not attack them, my friend, lest the charm be broken."


Posted on 2009-10-04 at 16:53:52.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil is proud of what she had done, sometimes it was very hard to know just what aniumal might be of assistance in a given situation. This time she had choosen wisely.

Cynil turned her massive head from the bouilder mage and looked at the door. She wondered if she would fit through it as a elephant, maybe the shape would be helpful in the next room


Posted on 2009-10-05 at 03:52:04.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Once the dOOr opebed Rayne turned to dO battle. Only iT was over before she could fire one arrow. Cynil gad turned into an elephant and charged the bolder creatures, It was no time at all before they were vanquised obly the boulder mage was left alive and he surrenbered.

Rayne turned when she heard the Ulthok's that Kenji was dying. She moves quickly to Kenji's side.

"I have healing as well, Cor..." she says as she reaches Kenji's side, the elven ranger then adds slowly "...and raise dead."

Rayne was not sure how Kenji would feel bout being raised from the dead . She was fervently hoping that healing spells would bring Kenji back.


Posted on 2009-10-05 at 19:00:21.
Edited on 2009-10-06 at 20:11:21 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2181 Posts


Healing concerns

"Tis not the healing itself nor the raising of dead that worry me. If the lad is poisoned then that needs to be taken care of for either of the others to be of much use. Help me check for signs of the poison."


Posted on 2009-10-06 at 13:25:19.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Run away!

Allanan stood with a confused look on his face as his enemies stopped dead in their tracks and began bumping around like bumbling fools.

"Aye! The Lady has answered your prayers, friend!" Allanan commented to Sirene. "She is powerful indeed!"

Allanan's elven friend suggested they leave the place while the magic still took hold of the strange creatures' minds. "Yes, let us move from here. How long do we have before the power of your magick wears off?"



Posted on 2009-10-06 at 16:41:08.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne calls out to the others.

"Does anyone have any antitoxin with them or neutralize poison spell memorized. Someone bring that mage over hear and lets see if he can remove the damage he did.


Posted on 2009-10-07 at 01:15:40.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil reaches out her trunk and grabs up the mage and deposites him by Kenjie.


Posted on 2009-10-07 at 04:48:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


Elephants do not fit through dungeon doors LOL.

With the test over and the battle with the Boulder Mage and his “power source’s” won it was time to turn to the healing of the group, the worst being for the moment a soon to be dead Kenji.

Cor knowing from healing Althena that somehow Kenji had also been poisoned easily reasoned that as both had been hit by the boulder creatures weapons those same weapons must have had poison on them. Unfortunately he had used his only spell of curing poison on Althena and as such could not stop the samurai from dying.

Rayne having heard Ulthok's cry that Kenji was dying moved quickly to Cor’s side.

"I have healing as well, Cor, and raise dead."

"Tis not the healing itself nor the raising of dead that worry me. The lad is poisoned and that needs to be taken care of for either of the others to be of much use. “

Rayne turning quickly called to the others of the party.

"Does anyone have any antitoxin with them or neutralize poison spell memorized. Someone bring that mage over here and lets see if he can remove the damage he did.”

With a quick use of her acquired elephants trunk Cynil promptly grabbed up and deposited the Boulder Mage at Rayne’s side. The creature continually chattering in a strange language unknown by any of the party. Getting any help from him would be hard, the language barrier a large one in this case.

As each member of the party searched their spells and belongings it became quickly clear that no one had any thing to cure the poison running through the Samurai’s veins. As Rayne readied her spell of Raise Dead, a small weak voice was heard from behind Cor.

“Here I have a potion”

The dwarf quickly turned to find a very tired looking but conscious Althena holding out to him from her position on the floor a clear, bluish liquid filled vial. The vial to hand he turned back to Kenji and slowly poured the contents down the Samurai’s throat.

Almost at once as had happened with Althena so too did it work with Kenji as his skin lost the green tinge of rot and once again took on the tanned color of health. Now all that was needed was to cast 1-2 healing spells and get him out of this room. But first things first as what to do with the still living creature before them was brought to the fore by Ulthok

“So what do we do with this thing, kill it, let it go, or what??”

The Halfling Thief/Mage could not help but look at the gems on the creatures knuckles and in its eye and with his skill of appraisal could tell that they were high value roughly 15,000 gps total. A nice haul for sure and if they could hold magic as had been shown they could be worth more to him as a focus. The final call was of course Cor’s as he was leader of the group...............

FOREST AREA BELOW DROW MOUNTAIN late evening first day
With the tree bark creatures in a state of confusion both Sirène and Allanan thought it the better part of valor to move quickly away from them rather then killing them and soon found themselves halfway up the side of the mountain. Having found a recently traveled track after about a ½ mile it was easy going up. With the rise of the sun and the coming of morning they found themselves on a wide ledge staring incredibly at a very open door into the mountain itself.

Without a doubt a number of people had been here before them, by the look of the area they had been here maybe a week earlier. As Allanan looked to Sirène the question between them to rest awhile or to enter at once.

DROW MOUNTAIN Morning 2nd Day
DM OOC: Ok here’s my late post not the best but hopefully good enough to keep you people happy .
Next post next Sunday the 18th giving you all a week and a half to get your new posts in.)


Posted on 2009-10-07 at 23:30:47.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2181 Posts


Another room done

With Kenji no longer poisoned Cor cast his final Heal spell. "No use using up multiple lesser ones; they can be used on the rest of us." With the task of saving a life complete Cor turned his attention to the remaining creature. "Take his rings Ulthok; if he gives then freely he may life. If not then so be it but we shall not leave him with them." As he packed his own things he called to the others. "Healers will see ta the injured now and then we press on."


Posted on 2009-10-11 at 04:18:01.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil will stay over the Mage until Ulthok has the gems.
Once that is done and after a good look at the door Cynil becomes herself and goes to Althena to help her in any way she can.

"Just rest easy, until all are ready to go."


Posted on 2009-10-11 at 06:15:54.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.